• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm finally going to take a leaf out of wetwired's book today, going to IKEA to pick up a bunch of RIBBA frames to display my minifigures, might grab a couple of extra to give as gifts to my brothers for Christmas too. I might nip to the LEGO store in Westfield White City to grab some build-your-own minifigures to put in it, try and get ones that look like my brothers. Hopefully it all goes well!

Fowler

I like the non-UCS X-Wing enough that I didn't feel the need to get the Red 5 one.

So many great OT sets. I'm still trying to talk myself out of getting the Sail Barge set too. Do I really need it? Probably not.

I know what you mean, because I like the original X-Wing too. But if you liked the original, Red 5 is like that but... more. One is awesome, one is MORE awesome. And the S-foils mechanic is great.

And funny you should mention the Sail Barge. I picked it up on a sale over a year ago, but it's next on my backlog -- and I've got a nice space for it. I honestly don't think I'd have bought it if it wasn't super cheap, but I also think it's worth it for the Max Rebo minifig :)

Experien

I'm sorry if this is a repost. Saw this on another forum. I ended up buying the dolphin cruiser for $45 after the discount off the sale price of $59.99. My daughter is going to love it.

"If you have a Amazon Visa card and use code TYS25ARC

You will get 25% off up to $50 on any toys in these categories http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_426524122_3?ie=UTF8&node=10111219011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0HKAAGYRB7S13DKV6SB0&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1970088002&pf_rd_i=B00M1YCDZ8?tag=brickpicker-20

Here is a link to the LEGO sets for which this code applies http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-desc-rank?bbn=10184811011&qid=1415769709&rh=n%3A165793011%2Cn%3A!2334111011%2Cn%3A!2334173011%2Cn%3A10184811011%2Cp_89%3ALEGO&sort=price-desc-rank

Items include Ewok Village, City Coast Guard Ship, and Friends Dolphin Cruiser. - That's right $199.95 for the Ewok Village

Unfortunately, it is only a one time use per account even if you have more than one amazon visa card or at least this is my experience."

Sweet! I can buy the Ewok Vil...oh wait, I already have it in my backlog. Hmm

ghostmind

Are game announcements/reveals really counted as spoilers? It should come as very little surprise to those in this thread, regardless...

I prefer the more toned down colors we got in the 2010 dino versions though :/ I'll have to live with it.

It's difficult to call, especially since LEGO-GAF gets exposed to spoilers on a regular basis, as new licensed sets are revealed long before a movie is released.

Sometimes though it just leaves us baffled, such as the "Iron Man vs Mandarin" set from IM3.

I think I should get R2-D2 first before deciding on Slave 1. I know I would love that set.

I like the non-UCS X-Wing enough that I didn't feel the need to get the Red 5 one.

So many great OT sets. I'm still trying to talk myself out of getting the Sail Barge set too. Do I really need it? Probably not.

Did you just say no to slave girl Princess Leia?!? There's also Max Rebo.

If you have Jabba's Palace, you can sell the extra Jabba to reduce the cost of the Barge. Also, if you're on the fence, wait for a 20-30% off sale for that set. 20% sales happen all the time, 30+% sale you have to be ready and keep a sharp eye out. I think we'll see some good sales this year...hopefully as good as last year. It was crazy how big the discounts were on new sets last holiday season (some were like clearance prices).

I have no doubts Slave I will be great, but UCS R2 is fantastic. It looks absolutely amazing, and I think the build itself is cool. Plus, it's getting kinda old so there's a chance it goes OOP sooner than Slave I (in fact i think it's the oldest UCS still in production,except Best Star). I say go for it.

Dammit. Now I really do need to get R2. My kids don't need Christmas presents this year right?

I know what you mean, because I like the original X-Wing too. But if you liked the original, Red 5 is like that but... more. One is awesome, one is MORE awesome. And the S-foils mechanic is great.

And funny you should mention the Sail Barge. I picked it up on a sale over a year ago, but it's next on my backlog -- and I've got a nice space for it. I honestly don't think I'd have bought it if it wasn't super cheap, but I also think it's worth it for the Max Rebo minifig :)

Max is the main reason I want it.

Did you just say no to slave girl Princess Leia?!? There's also Max Rebo.

If you have Jabba's Palace, you can sell the extra Jabba to reduce the cost of the Barge. Also, if you're on the fence, wait for a 20-30% off sale for that set. 20% sales happen all the time, 30+% sale you have to be ready and keep a sharp eye out. I think we'll see some good sales this year...hopefully as good as last year. It was crazy how big the discounts were on new sets last holiday season (some were like clearance prices).

And of course Slave Leia. If I ever see it cheap, I would probably grab it. I don't have Jabba's palace though. The main problem is, where I live in Australia doesn't have a huge Lego footprint, so I just buy from the Lego Shop online. Unfortunately, they never go on sale.

Ponn

Banned
PLASTIC MAN GET!

Gamestop guy tried to talk me into renewing powerup card I was like you won't be seeing me again till your next Lego exclusive mini fig so no thanks. I absolutely love the use of Burton Batman music in these Lego Batman games.

Dammit. Now I really do need to get R2. My kids don't need Christmas presents this year right?

Max is the main reason I want it.

And of course Slave Leia. If I ever see it cheap, I would probably grab it. I don't have Jabba's palace though. The main problem is, where I live in Australia doesn't have a huge Lego footprint, so I just buy from the Lego Shop online. Unfortunately, they never go on sale.

Oooh...forgot you are in Australia. Sorry to keep putting salt on the would with all the great deals we get in the States.

ghostmind

10246 Detective Agency info/trumors , via Diggydoes on Brickset:

It's basically two buildings,the Agency and a Barbershop. The main colours for the Agency are light yellow (looks like it at least) and dark orange (masonry bricks!!!),the colours for the Barbershop are dark blue and medium blue!

Ponn

Banned
I think i'm about to jump into Lego Star Wars with Millennium Falcon for $101. Please talk me out of this my Lego brethren.

My local GameStop came thru. Nabbed my Plastic Man and they threw in a Taco Tuesday guy and Bilbo in his nightcap.

Congrats! Talk about a negative turning into a positive. Plus hey TACO TUESDAY YAYYY TACOS!

Ryuuroden

10246 Detective Agency info/trumors , via Diggydoes on Brickset:

ohrly

14908070533_d1c549a8e9_z.jpg

I made my own barbershop already :/

Zerojul

Interesting tidbits about Detective Agency. Can't wait for the first pics. It seems I've been waiting forever.

I think i'm about to jump into Lego Star Wars with Millennium Falcon for $101. Please talk me out of this my Lego brethren.

Don't do that. Wait for the new UCS MF for $500 instead
the 7965 is mighty cool

Zerojul

I'm considering unloading my MISB 5887-1: Dino Defense HQ. As the prices are just ridiculously high 200+€. And I can see them drop once Jurassic Park comes along.

What say you GAF?

Mmmmh I think I would wait a little to see what the dinos in the JP sets look like (I don't think there has been any visuals for now). If they are the same molds, or better-looking new ones, sell hastily. If they look smaller and/or worse, I don't see the value of your Dino HQ dropping drastically.
Then again, 200€ is indeed crazy and I don't think it's gonna get that much higher. If you're sure you're ok with selling it there's no reason to wait too much...

I'm considering unloading my MISB 5887-1: Dino Defense HQ. As the prices are just ridiculously high 200+€. And I can see them drop once Jurassic Park comes along.

What say you GAF?

I don't know how much it would drop. IMO the olive green T-Rex is the reason why it's so high. The color scheme is very appealing to me and I would be hard pressed to part with it. Assuming they use the same mould, if you don't mind a different color and print scheme, sell. However, the same reasoning of different color and print could be made on why the value won't drop much if at all.

I personally am a recovering OCD collector and have to have all the T-Rexes. :)

There was this T-Rex which may or may not be in the actual upcoming LEGO sets
Spoiler: LEGO Jurassic World Teaser in LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

EDIT: Just checked Bricklink and the T-Rex alone goes for around $50 USD.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=105631&colorID=155

2nd floor completed. Not much to it really, but I didn't think it was terrible. The set is looking damn impressive already though. Hopefully I'll finish the rest tomorrow night.

Darn you! You're doing this on purpose after I posted about all the awesome deals around my neck of the woods. :)

I'm starting to have the opposite of buyers remorse for not getting Town Hall. Darn my collecting OCD...so hard to skip my first modular. If I can skip it, I will be able to skip others....I must stay strong (plus the fact it's near impossible to find MSRP now helps).

Rootbeer

Banned
My TRU received 200 Rockets today. But it came on today's truck and they said I'd have to wait until tomorrow to buy one. Price is 4.99

Now, I hope I can come tomorrow morning and buy 2 or 3. Unless they put them out this afternoon and they, by some stroke of terrible luck, get all snatched by prospectors. Hopefully at 4.99 they won't move that fast.

Are game announcements/reveals really counted as spoilers? It should come as very little surprise to those in this thread, regardless...

I prefer the more toned down colors we got in the 2010 dino versions though :/ I'll have to live with it.
If I had to guess, I'd say that's the new Mega Dino from the movie, not a normal Rex. Hence the color scheme. I'm pretty sure, going by the raptors and posters and in-movie merch, that the dinosaurs will have standard colors.

Or maybe they just colored that one that way because it's a super hero game.

Darn you! You're doing this on purpose after I posted about all the awesome deals around my neck of the woods. :)

I'm starting to have the opposite of buyers remorse for not getting Town Hall. Darn my collecting OCD...so hard to skip my first modular. If I can skip it, I will be able to skip others....I must stay strong (plus the fact it's near impossible to find MSRP now helps).

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any modulars to begin with. Then the Palace Cinema came out, I had to have it. I wouldn't stop at one, they said. I can stop anytime I want, I said. Now after building this Town Hall, I know I need more. They were right.

Rootbeer

Banned
If I had to guess, I'd say that's the new Mega Dino from the movie, not a normal Rex. Hence the color scheme. I'm pretty sure, going by the raptors and posters and in-movie merch, that the dinosaurs will have standard colors.

Or maybe they just colored that one that way because it's a super hero game.

All good theories -- But if that is an actual example of the colors we will see in the physical sets, I am crossing my fingers that we'll get more classic looking dinos as well. If not? I'll take what I can get. :) They are still very cheap dinos compared to what is on the aftermarket.

Just came from LEGO store after redeeming VIP points before they expire (yes, they expire after 2 years). I am a proud owner of the Pet Shop now. I think Palace Cinema is next on my list for modulars.

Observations:

10235: Winter Village Market - TONS of them. Not quite as hot of a seller as Santa's Workshop.
10245: Santa's Workshop - Sold out after a week after they had a huge stack of them. They did not get any more in this week, but will get an unknown number next week.

Star Wars Advent Calendar continues to sell out shortly after they get shipments. Seems to be in high demand or small supply or both. Glad I locked in my purchase during douible VIP points. If they have an oversupply and have clearance prices on them, I'll gladly buy more.

I hope Winter Village Market doesn't sell well so I can pick one up on clearance. :) During my visits, a few people asked about Santa's Workshop. They didn't care for the Village Market as an alternative when they were told there are no Santa's Workshops in stock. I plan on skipping Winter Village Market, but will bite if 30% off or more.

CMF Series 12 continues to be sold out on regular basis at my LEGO store. They got a shipment in and it was gone after week. None on shelves this week.

They finally sold out of Simpsons CMFs last week.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for the info. Really happy I snagged the workshop. It's definitely a hot item as we move into Christmas. Great set at a great price and it's the perfect season to be buying it.

I'm sure CMFs12 is a hot seller at LEGO stores, but just for those looking for them... try TRU, they don't just have one box out at my local TRU they have 5 boxes... at the registers. the most I have ever seen them put out for a CMF set.

Ponn

Banned
I hope Winter Village Market doesn't sell well so I can pick one up on clearance. :) During my visits, a few people asked about Santa's Workshop. They didn't care for the Village Market as an alternative when they were told there are no Santa's Workshops in stock. I plan on skipping Winter Village Market, but will bite if 30% off or more.

Maybe they will clearance them out for half off on BF.

And it looks like I will have to call TRU tomorrow and see if they got the rockets in. It will be a special trip but I don't think I want to wait long because of scalpers.

Also TRU Black Friday ad leaked, only two Lego deals.
Galaxy Squad sets are all 50% off (do they still have them? Not sure i'd want to venture out for Galactic Titan)
and Castle Dragon Mountain and some City Helicopter set $20 off each.

And thats it. It's actually kind of annoying my most anticipated Black Friday leak is always Lego Store which won't come till the week of.

Thanks for the info. Really happy I snagged the workshop. It's definitely a hot item as we move into Christmas. Great set at a great price and it's the perfect season to be buying it.

I'm sure CMFs12 is a hot seller at LEGO stores, but just for those looking for them... try TRU, they don't just have one box out at my local TRU they have 5 boxes... at the registers. the most I have ever seen them put out for a CMF set.

Yeah, Santa's Workshop has a much wider appeal. I imagine it will be just as popular next year.

I have a full Series 12 set already and extras. I was just reporting my anecdotal experience. I may just want a few more pigs, huns, space miners, and goddesses. Still have 2.5 months left before the next series. I keep forgetting the cycle has shifted so it will be around Feb for next series, not Jan.

And it looks like I will have to call TRU tomorrow and see if they got the rockets in. It will be a special trip but I don't think I want to wait long because of scalpers.

Galaxy Squad sets are all 50% off (do they still have them? Not sure i'd want to venture out for Galactic Titan)

And thats it. It's actually kind of annoying my most anticipated Black Friday leak is always Lego Store which won't come till the week of.

Not a chance on seeing clearance on a XMas set until after holidays. Last year, they didn't clearance that set at all at my store.

I hope that Detective Agency rumour is true. I'm actually on the second bag of the pet shop at the moment and I love the condensed nature of the build. We definitely need some Victorian mustaches with the barber shop and there has to be four of them.

Ravek

Banned

50% off Galaxy Squad?! Thats reason enough for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom