• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get that ninjago set but the buildings don't have backs, which is a deal breaker for me. Makes them look so ugly. I get that its a play set and isn't meant to be displayed but still.

Woorloog

Banned
Man, me and my brother would have loved that set when were kids. So frigging awesome.
It looks really good.

Of course it is a play set... I wonder, if one were to get a couple of those, the builds could be perhaps sealed, no? Might make it better, if expensive, display set.

Ponn

Banned
It is a stylish set but i'm just not feeling it. I want those other new Ninjago sets for that badass looking dragon and those clear green ghost figs and pieces.

So I already have Pet Shop in hand, Parisian Restaurant is on its way and Palace Cinema is waiting for restock. I held off on the Tie Fighter thinking might as well as wait for that free poster but i'm now waffling. Tie Fighter being new will probably be around for awhile so I'm thinking of getting the Tumbler instead. So Tie Fighter or Tumbler? Im going to have 4 long shelves for display. One is going to be LoTR/Hobbit, one will be Star Wars, one will be Bat-Vehicles and one will be my modulars.

ghostmind

The Ninjago set is reminding me of Medieval Market Village:

Qn7XOHB.jpg

And that's a good thing.

The Ninjago set is reminding me of Medieval Market Village:

Qn7XOHB.jpg

And that's a good thing.

I am kicking myself for not getting that one.

Now to pray we get a huge $200 Space set sometime. I don't think any space theme outside of Star Wars has ever had a truly massive set, or at least over $120 I think. Has there?
EDIT: Finally watched the last half of the Ninjago reveal. I need this set. If anything just for parts. Flower stems in olive green? Rice paper windows? Yes, please!

Ya, I may need to buy that Ninjago set for MOCing. $199 starting price is pretty good and hopefully it'll go to 20% on amazon at some point.

I just noticed that the start of the Ninjago video shows Bessa and some other guy wearing a Spaceship! shirt sitting down together. Collaborative project?

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I had some cool alien Legos when I was kid that had a lot of clear green pieces. I had a mothership with some fighters that came off of it and a few other ships, does anyone know what those were called?

omg i need approximately 5 of that ninjago set and 2 or 3 of that island ninjago one which i'm assuming is still on store shelves.

i'll probably settle for one of each.

also, opening the thread just now was a hilarious experience. opened to newest page -> "oh people are discussing MMV, yeah that set was so cash." -> "wait they are drawing comparisons to some ninjago set? The island thing was cool but not quite THAT amazing" -> "omg wait SDCC is on there was a reveal wasn't there." -> "brace for disappointment." -> set actually delivered

what have i become that i can experience such a rapid-fire emotional roller coaster from lego.

The Ninjago set I have been waiting for

Boy oh boy. Like Phon I've got a bunch of Ninjago sets just because they were 50-60% off but I've never cracked them. This is the first one that has really impressed me; the techniques look amazing!

• The smuggler's rooftop with the garage doors is so obvious (I've never seen it) yet so well done. What a great idea.
  • The simple usage of round white 1x1 plates to make the lanters is perfect.
  • That light feature! I hope that the introduction of the printed windows will result in more thematic MOCs.
Even the ninja figs look cool, and I've had zero interest in any Ninjago figs up until this point.

The biggest takeaway for me is that as soon as I saw the little trophy fig I thought to myself, "Oh man I really should buy that stupid Helicarrier". Something about that set just seems really attractive.

On a totally unrelated note my kids did indeed love the Ferris Wheel. Getting the motor was a good call as they are absolutely demolishing the thing every day as they load the buckets with Friends, Disney Princesses and SW characters they steal off my "Daddy" shelves.

DC set reveal tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

Bat Space Shuttle!!

My bet? Echo Base for the Bessa and mystery guest set. I am sure Ghostmind will recognize the mystery man.

Well that looks pretty cool.

Also, picked up the Milano and Knowhere Escape on clearance today at Target. Yay.

I was going to hit Target tomorrow, but might head out tonight to see what there is. The one around here usually only does 30% off or so if I am lucky. It is rare if anything gets to 50% off since nothing lasts.

My bet? Echo Base for the Bessa and mystery guest set. I am sure Ghostmind will recognize the mystery man.

Are you thinking it could be a UCS Echo Base or just a standard set? I didn't think Bessa had worked on any SW sets.

Presumably the mystery set will be LEGO committing to producing Ryuuroden's masterpiece. Price point: your soul

Phon - are you in the Louisville area? I think you are-if so, PM me.

ghostmind

I was going to hit Target tomorrow, but might head out tonight to see what there is. The one around here usually only does 30% off or so if I am lucky. It is rare if anything gets to 50% off since nothing lasts.

Yep, that is Chris Bonven Johansen with Marcos Bessa, from the Kwik-E-Mart designer video.

Also in that video intro is Hans Burkhard Schlömer (designer of the UCS Slave I) and another designer I cannot place. I'm betting those two are responsible for the Hoth Echo Base.

ghostmind

Are you thinking it could be a UCS Echo Base or just a standard set? I didn't think Bessa had worked on any SW sets.

Presumably the mystery set will be LEGO committing to producing Ryuuroden's masterpiece. Price point: your soul

Phon - are you in the Louisville area? I think you are-if so, PM me.

Bessa designed the Ewok Village, which is basically a UCS set.

Yep, that is Chris Bonven Johansen with Marcos Bessa, from the Kwik-E-Mart designer video.

Also in that video intro is Hans Burkhard Schlömer (designer of the UCS Slave I) and another designer I cannot place. I'm betting those two are responsible for the Hoth Echo Base.

Derp. I forgot that there was someone else in the Kwik-E-Mart video. Thanks.

And just went out to Target. Oh, boy! Stuff is on clearance for a whopping 15% off! Be still my heart. Well, there was one single Ultra Agents set that was 25% off, but I didn't bite.
Stuff at Meijer was still the small discount. Lonely Mountain was $110. I am going to gamble and wait.

Nudull

Banned
I have to say, using actual minifigs for Lego Dimensions is really damn cool. I cannot wait to set them all up side-by-side.

Maengun1

I still feel like I'm going to skip Dimensions entirely pretty easily. IDK, I don't buy all the Lego sets I want as it is now, and I know I'd much rather get an occasional big set than slowly rack up the same amount of money on all these little packs with a videogame bonus.

If I was filthy rich, sure.

They already approved a Lego Ideas Dr Who set, did they not?

Yes they did. That is only 1 set though that is guaranteed via LEGO Ideas. I'm hoping it will be like Minecraft where they expanded it to multiple LEGO Idea sets then a whole theme with multiple sets and waves.

I NEED that Cyberman and an army of them.

Yes they did. That is only 1 set though that is guaranteed via LEGO Ideas. I'm hoping it will be like Minecraft where they expanded it to multiple LEGO Idea sets then a whole theme with multiple sets and waves.

I NEED that Cyberman and an army of them.

I think they knew EXACTLY what they were doing making a set that's a Dalek and a Cyberman together. People will buy TONS of them to build up armies. TONS.

neonglow

I attended preview night and managed to get some early release sets. The best part was they had plenty of the Joker bumper car polybag.

Scooby Doo, Ninjago and every new Super Heroes set were also there.

19355931360_42499d5489.jpg

*Debating between the Milano and the X-Men vs. Sentinel set*

Milano all day, every day out of those 2 choices. The Blackbird was better than expected but does not hold a candle to the Milano. Once completed, the Milano also holds the entire GotG team which is cool. Blackbird has too many repeated minifigs as well.

Milano all day, every day out of those 2 choices. The Blackbird was better than expected but does not hold a candle to the Milano. Once completed, the Milano also holds the entire GotG team which is cool. Blackbird has too many repeated minifigs as well.

I don't know, I think I much prefer the figs & the Sentinal to the figs in the Milano. Agree that the Milano itself is a much, much better ship. I personally think it's much better than the original Quinjet. Blasphemy, I know!

Regarding those Doctor Who sets. Such a great Dalek. I think I posted a fan created version of the Daleks a couple of years ago-these ones ones appear to be very similarly constructed.

I will replay this scene with my LEGO Who characters ad nauseam, and I will laugh every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnwWFAGPIw

b
Do you buy any Lego by any chance? Except for modulars, no buildings have backs.

Uhh, yes? I frequent this forum a lot. But I usually never buy playsets with buildings because they look so ugly without the backs and, I mostly only buy stuff for displaying so I wouldn't get much mileage out of them anyways. And youre wrong, the avengers tower does when closed up.
And bigger stuff like the simpsons house.
Also all the architecture sets do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom