• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellers

Tonight I`m going to make a start on my pile of shame.

I think first I`m going to build my offbrand Kre-o Starship Enterprise and Klingon ship. I got both of them for cheap in one set

maxresdefault.jpg

ghostmind

I think first I`m going to build my offbrand Kre-o Starship Enterprise and Klingon ship. I got both of them for cheap in one set

Now that Star Trek is at MEGA, I may pick up some Trek sets, pending the likely JANG reviews.

Can't believe no one likes the new S7 Yellow Mixel... It looks to me like he's supposed to be a Guitar... looks great as far as i am concerned... Either way, i honestly would like for Lego to just stop making them, my shelf is nearing it's limits and i will have no other space to fit them on :(

It's not bad, but I'm getting Mixel fatigue. Which is good I guess because it may become stronger than my OCD collector nature that makes me buy all of each series. I'm waiting to see the rest of that series to see if it will sway my jump the shark opinion.

Practicing for swan lake.

Getting a good stretch going.

Excellent!

I would hate having a Groot I couldn't pose. You can get a lot of character out of the arm movement of the official one, plus you can stand Rocket on him.

True. I think they were going for the big fig style.

I'm still dreaming of LEGO someday making Star Trek sets. I hope Mega Bloks has decent Star Trek minifigs.

Oh man, I didn't recognise the number 10231, so I googled it, I cant believe that thing came out twice in the years that I wasn't buying lego.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

me too, and that new shuttle is just making it worse rather than better.

ruxtpin

Banned
I would think a new space shuttle would have to come along eventually (a larger one). Space, train, town... I could see those being evergreen for the UCS line. We get a fancy train set every few years, the modulars, etc.

neonglow

I would think a new space shuttle would have to come along eventually (a larger one). Space, train, town... I could see those being evergreen for the UCS line. We get a fancy train set every few years, the modulars, etc.

I figured they would stop making shuttles since NASA ended their space shuttle program. I just imagine the new shuttle sets as relics of another time.

Where are the Angry Birds sets? Brick Fan said they'd be on display during SDCC, but I've seen/heard nothing at all. Are they doing reveals like last year where they show off one new thing each day?

neonglow

Where are the Angry Birds sets? Brick Fan said they'd be on display during SDCC, but I've seen/heard nothing at all. Are they doing reveals like last year where they show off one new thing each day?

I didn't see anything so far. Today's reveal is Star Wars and tomorrow is Ninjago. If it does show up, it probably won't be until Sunday.

So let's talk Modulars - they're immensely popular, there are 4 in current circulation, (soon to be 5 since Pet Shop won't be retired until 2016) but there are clear limits as to how far LEGO can stretch the series. Okay we'll probably see a bank, hospital and maybe a church but eventually they will run out of marketable ideas.

So what direction would people here like to see Modulars go in the future? A Themed modulars series, like Western Modular Town (the former outstanding Ideas project) ?

Or perhaps revisiting previously retired Modulars like Cafe Corner, Green Grocer etc?

3N16MA

Banned
So let's talk Modulars - they're immensely popular, there are 4 in current circulation, (soon to be 5 since Pet Shop won't be retired until 2016) but there are clear limits as to how far LEGO can stretch the series. Okay we'll probably see a bank, hospital and maybe a church but eventually they will run out of marketable ideas.

So what direction would people here like to see Modulars go in the future? A Themed modulars series, like Western Modular Town (the former outstanding Ideas project) ?

Or perhaps revisiting previously retired Modulars like Cafe Corner, Green Grocer etc?

School
Police station
Library
Museum
Post Office
Bakery
Butcher/Deli
Toy Store

Some of those could be combined into one set. However if TLG keeps up the one per year release schedule they could go the next 10 years with new modulars.

Ponn

Banned
School
Police station
Library
Museum
Post Office
Bakery
Butcher/Deli
Toy Store

Some of those could be combined into one set. However if TLG keeps up the one per year release schedule they could go the next 10 years with new modulars.

Library would be nice, i'm sorry to whoever did it I can't remember exactly but I know someone here moc'ed a book store that looked really awesome.

I would love a bank for my supervillains to rob. Once I get my modulars built i'm thinking of just making one that would fit in.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Alright, so this is a ship from the series I was asking about:
It looks like these sets may have just been called "LEGO Space," but I'm not sure that's what they were called in English. Do different series have different names in different languages? When I search for "LEGO Space" it doesn't turn up any more of these sets.

Practicing for swan lake.

Getting a good stretch going.

Heh. Love it. I want to see a whole ballet troupe now.

Library would be nice, i'm sorry to whoever did it I can't remember exactly but I know someone here moc'ed a book store that looked really awesome.

I would love a bank for my supervillains to rob. Once I get my modulars built i'm thinking of just making one that would fit in.

That would be my 6556pc monstrosity. This is the whole gallery.

kiHJrSml.jpg

It looks like these sets may have just been called "LEGO Space," but I'm not sure that's what they were called in English. Do different series have different names in different languages? When I search for "LEGO Space" it doesn't turn up any more of these sets.
Looks to be part of the UFO sub theme.

And I snagged the JW Indominus Rex set after my shift today. We had sold all but one today out of the blue, so I was worried there was a run on the set like it is getting scarce. So I snagged the last one at work. Now my JW collection is complete!

Ryuuroden

The Milano at my Target is on clearance for 69.99 "down from 99.99" gee thanks Target.

Was it really 99.99 at Target originally or are they pretending to be TRU with the markups before sales. (Cause I know its a $75 dollar set)

I got mine clearance'd for 54.99 which wasn't fantastic but I knew I shouldn't wait on the set anymore.

robochimp

Was it really 99.99 at Target originally or are they pretending to be TRU with the markups before sales. (Cause I know its a $75 dollar set)

I got mine clearance'd for 54.99 which wasn't fantastic but I knew I shouldn't wait on the set anymore.

It was never 99.99, only for the "clearance". I looked at other sets and nearly everything on clearance was jacked way up and them clearanced to just below MSRP.

Heads up, there is also a Target cartwheel offer for 20% off clearance toys. I think you also have a few days after purchase where you can bring in your receipt and have them apply the cartwheel offer.

Ryuuroden

It was never 99.99, only for the "clearance". I looked at other sets and nearly everything on clearance was jacked way up and them clearanced to just below MSRP.

Heads up, there is also a Target cartwheel offer for 20% off clearance toys. I think you also have a few days after purchase where you can bring in your receipt and have them apply the cartwheel offer.

It excludes Lego.

Also, can't believe I have been MOCing for 5+ years and using bricklink and never really explored Bricks and Pieces till now. Seigfried finally got me curious about it and holy shit I had no idea it was basically separate from PAB online and has a bunch of rare shit, quite a bit of it cheaper than on bricklink and also able to order in pretty decent quantities. Yet another place I will have to compare pricing with. Plus the shipping apparently is a flat 2.95 or something so that's amazing.

(Like I knew it was a replacement service and have used it for that before, but I didn't know it also had a buy bulk rarer pieces service as well)

It excludes Lego.

Also, can't believe I have been MOCing for 5+ years and using bricklink and never really explored Bricks and Pieces till now. Seigfried finally got me curious about it and holy shit I had no idea it was basically separate from PAB online and has a bunch of rare shit, quite a bit of it cheaper than on bricklink and also able to order in pretty decent quantities. Yet another place I will have to compare pricing with. Plus the shipping apparently is a flat 2.95 or something so that's amazing.

(Like I knew it was a replacement service and have used it for that before, but I didn't know it also had a buy bulk rarer pieces service as well)

Hmmm. That is something to look into for later. I still haven't dove into Bricklink for MOCs. I just stick to what I own and adapt from there, but knowing I can get rare and unique things from there is intriguing.

Ponn

Banned

Yup that was it, thanks. It must be Free Comic Book day with the R2-D2 out front. Star Wars fans always crash FCBD.

So all my orders in and i've received some stuff already. So far my haul for this month is Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, Quinjet 2.0, Avengers Tower and I decided to go with Detective's Office instead of Tumbler or Tie Fighter. I'm going to concentrate on my modular shelf for the next month or two and I want to try to MOC a bigger Avengers Tower into the scene and either a bank or bigger Daily Bugle. I'm done for the month and putting my wallet away. August 1st will be here quick and I have to get the Scooby sets and Jokerland.

Ryuuroden

Yup that was it, thanks. It must be Free Comic Book day with the R2-D2 out front. Star Wars fans always crash FCBD.

So all my orders in and i've received some stuff already. So far my haul for this month is Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, Parisian Restaurant, Quinjet 2.0, Avengers Tower and I decided to go with Detective's Office instead of Tumbler or Tie Fighter. I'm going to concentrate on my modular shelf for the next month or two and I want to try to MOC a bigger Avengers Tower into the scene and either a bank or bigger Daily Bugle. I'm done for the month and putting my wallet away. August 1st will be here quick and I have to get the Scooby sets and Jokerland.

You are going to love modulars :D

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, that helps explain a tiny bit of the price gouging on that set.

pics from rebelscum!

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-sdcc/LEGO-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC/

I can't be the only one who thought there was a chance of LEGO and Hasbro showing off some Force Awakens merch this weekend?

So much merch is hitting on Sept 4th and they still haven't shown anything. How much longer are they going to keep this up?

There were rumors that NOTHING was going to be revealed until the day of. I found it hard to believe. But maybe it's the truth.

Shuttle Tyridium looks so uninspired compared with 10212, but the minifigs look great.

School -- schools are no exactly known as spectacular edifices...
Police station -- highly probable...along with a hospital
Library -- I guess if they can sell a Town Hall they can sell a library, but the building will be too similar to your next suggestion
Museum -- this is my bet for the next modular.
Post Office -- how many people really want ~ 2000 piece modular post office?
Bakery -- will never be depicted as a separate modular. Maybe combined with something like a butcher.
Butcher/Deli -- see above
Toy Store -- not distinct enough, architecturally speaking.

comments in bold.

It excludes Lego.

It's great for a lot of pieces, but it also seems to be targetted a bit by scalpers. Pretty much immediately when a new set is out, the unique pieces sell out. You can still get semi-rare pieces which is great for MOC:s, but you can forget lots of stuff.

I used the service initially for my Imperial Flagship two years ago, but it was only recently that I started using it as an actual part of getting parts together. You may have to still confirm your account through the telephone, but now I can just add parts to a separate cart. It takes longer to ship than regular PAB, and the prices are higher even if the same part exists in both places. But I'm guessing that it's a highly manual service.

ghostmind

pics from rebelscum!

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-sdcc/LEGO-2015-San-Diego-Comic-Con-SDCC/

I can't be the only one who thought there was a chance of LEGO and Hasbro showing off some Force Awakens merch this weekend?

So much merch is hitting on Sept 4th and they still haven't shown anything. How much longer are they going to keep this up?

There were rumors that NOTHING was going to be revealed until the day of. I found it hard to believe. But maybe it's the truth.

Well Hasbro did show off the FA TIE and Pilot, which is more than can be said for LEGO.

Looks great but these big sets seem like they have no chance of getting approved. Plenty of large sets get passed on once they hit 10,000 supporters.

I would love to see a large set get approval.

My memory may be a bit fuzzy but one of the modulars from Western Modular Town would have been approved but for the conflict with Lone Ranger license.

That town looks great but as is often the case, the image is pretty touched up what with all the lighting, snow, and smoke coming out of the chimneys etc. the real thing would NOT look this good. Still impressive of course (and also hopelessly optimistic since it will likely never get approved)

On the subject of modulars, check this Victorian London Christmas LEGO Ideas projects ....

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/107641

Amazing! Won't ever get approved.

Speaking of modulars, that is definitely something they can do when they start running out of options. They can go to different time periods and architecture styles. It wouldn't fit with exist modular line so it would have to be a separate modular line I think. There is still so many things that can do with current modulars though before it ever gets to that.

neonglow

I had a successful experience at SDCC after many hours of waiting in line. My feet may be tired but I managed to get all the LEGO Super Hero exclusive items at Comic-Con.

19410875550_f63f252bf0_z.jpg

19410839918_f5016ab8a8_z.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Shuttle Tyridium looks so uninspired compared with 10212, but the minifigs look great.

comments in bold.

I have 10212 and I think the new shuttle looks great. The cost and size are so different that there are bound to compromises. I have the UCS shuttle, TIE and X-Wing, and the smaller X-wing and TIE and like both sizes. Will probably pick up the smaller shuttle too - the fact that all three can sit on a shelf with my Y-wing is a bonus - the three UCS are too large to display at the same time without sacrificing other models.

I finished the Detective Office modular and it's my new favorite. Tons of detail, great colors, love the breezway, and the "story" that ties it all together. I'm glad I got the flower cart polybag that acts as a companion to this.

I think the modular line is the best thing Lego has ever produced.

I finished the Detective Office modular and it's my new favorite. Tons of detail, great colors, love the breezway, and the "story" that ties it all together. I'm glad I got the flower cart polybag that acts as a companion to this.

I think the modular line is the best thing Lego has ever produced.

Definitely. Sure there are licenses that produce great minifigs, but this is genuinely Lego, and with the rather big size it's almost like owning a part of an actual Legoland exhibition.

Man, that brings back memories. UFO was the first series that I had completed and had extras of back when I was a kid. Now I only have a minifig left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom