• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experien

Milano all day, every day out of those 2 choices. The Blackbird was better than expected but does not hold a candle to the Milano. Once completed, the Milano also holds the entire GotG team which is cool. Blackbird has too many repeated minifigs as well.

Wait...how does it hold Groot?

I don't know, I think I much prefer the figs & the Sentinal to the figs in the Milano. Agree that the Milano itself is a much, much better ship. I personally think it's much better than the original Quinjet. Blasphemy, I know!

The Milano definitely looks better on display than the Quinjet. I love that you can pose so many parts of the ship to give it a specific character when on display.

As for buildings with or without backs, it never really bugged me to not have a back. Once it is on a shelf for display, the back is towards the wall so I never see it. And if I want to show the back, it is pretty simple without having to make more room to open it up like a doll house (Haunted House, Simpson's House).

The only building I didn't like with an open back was one of the buildings in Diagon Alley. Mainly because the top floor extended out the front a bit, so the set was top heavy with a tiny footprint. This led to it sometimes falling over.

Wait...how does it hold Groot?

Rocket holds baby Groot. :)

Full sized Groot? I got nothing. I still need to get full sized Groot.

b

Uhh, yes? I frequent this forum a lot. But I usually never buy playsets with buildings because they look so ugly without the backs and, I mostly only buy stuff for displaying so I wouldn't get much mileage out of them anyways. And youre wrong, the avengers tower does when closed up.

And bigger stuff like the simpsons house.

Also all the architecture sets do.

Avengers tower is even better when buying multiples. :) There is a better MOC, but I couldn't find it. This is still good.

17273151513_ddb6e66d25_o.jpg

Tower Front by nivremis, on Flickr

Ponn

Banned
Chinese big fig Groot >>>>> official brick built Groot

Also, getting Rocket in his red uniform was a great victory for me.

Brick built Groot gets alot of flack but I actually like him. You can actually put Rocket on his shoulder. Too bad the set itself is craptacular.

Now brick built Rhino, yeesh. I definitely recommend getting the chinese big fig version.

1 and half hours till mystery DC set reveal.

Experien

I wish China would make a good looking Colossus big (or small) minifig.

That's the one thing I'm hopelessly crossing my fingers for...Deadpool movie is really popular and Marvel let's LEGO make a Deadpool set and Colossus is in it. But I know it won't happen cause Marvel is bitter and Deadpool is rated R.

Ponn

Banned
I wish China would make a good looking Colossus big (or small) minifig.

That's the one thing I'm hopelessly crossing my fingers for...Deadpool movie is really popular and Marvel let's LEGO make a Deadpool set and Colossus is in it. But I know it won't happen cause Marvel is bitter and Deadpool is rated R.

I can't even begin to list all the damn X-Men figs I want. If these china companies would get smart they would start making more of em. Shit if Lego was smart they would start a CMF wave of them.

Archangel
Nightcrawler
Prof. X
X-23
Havok
Iceman
Apocalypse
Cable
Rogue

fuck gambit

I can't even begin to list all the damn X-Men figs I want. If these china companies would get smart they would start making more of em. Shit if Lego was smart they would start a CMF wave of them.

Archangel
Nightcrawler
Prof. X
X-23
Havok
Iceman
Apocalypse
Cable
Rogue

fuck gambit
I just want a classic X Men blue and yellow costumed figure.

If I cannot fit a Quinjet in it, it's not Avengers Tower.

(Paging Ryuuroden!)

Good thing he's busy with a steam punk idea. Imagine how scarce those trans windows would become!

Archangel
Nightcrawler
Prof. X
X-23
Havok
Iceman
Apocalypse
Cable
Rogue

fuck gambit

That is a short list. There must be over 100 mutants that have been or are X-Men plus you have all the bad guy mutants. Also, imagine the variants on top of that! Classic student uniform for the founding students please!

They could seriously get away charging $8 or something per each minifig for limited runs to satisfy the comic book geek crowd. Just look at what people pay for custom minifigs or the very exclusive giveaways. I understand they need the minifigs to sell sets, but there are soooo many variants and 2nd or 3rd tier characters that comic book geeks like me would buy in an instant, but wouldn't sell well to mass market.

Osahi

Built the at-ap today. Boy, what a beast. Bigger then i expected, really cool from all angles, pretty fun build too (some,fancy techniques to get the angled parts) and I love the locks for the canon and third leg.

And that wookie figure is badass.

I think it's got to be one of the worst values Lego has ever offered. The space shuttle set from several years ago was a better set, way more pieces, and cheaper. I think it's set 10231.

10231 is my biggest (non-purchasing) regret so far.....it's current price is fast reaching the price of no-return for my budget......

Mixels Series 7:

YJCokCJ.jpg

3XDnPMX.jpg

Blue one is OK, but nothing really new or standing out. Will wait to see the others in the series, but based on these 3 Mixels has jumped the shark IMO.
White dome piece on the blue guy is a hard to find element in that color. If they go on sale, I'll grab a few as a parts pack. Never can have too many of those new joint pieces for now.

4532303268_d6c714d555_m.jpg

DJTS vignette - from behind by Catsy [CC], on Flickr

EDIT: Looks like 3 tribes based on :
- Cops
- Musical instruments
- Castle or Medieval stuff

Grabbed the last Raptor Escape set at Wal Mart. I don't want to chance this thing being like the Zombies set and disappearing super fast.

Is that a Walmart exclusive? I doubt it would become like the Zombie graveyard set mainly because the Raptor set will be way more popular. I'm sure Walmart will want a ton going into the holidays. I better get one myself just in case. :) Then buy more if they ever go on a good sale. I'm sure speculators are all over the sets this time around. :)

My Target only had one set on clearance, some $40 Chima Mech with treads.

Although apparently the Braniac set is hard to find at actual price and they had a bunch of them, I feel like I should go back and pick one up.

Is that a Walmart exclusive? I doubt it would become like the Zombie graveyard set mainly because the Raptor set will be way more popular. I'm sure Walmart will want a ton going into the holidays. I better get one myself just in case. :) Then buy more if they ever go on a good sale. I'm sure speculators are all over the sets this time around. :)

Raptor Escape is currently "Sold Out" on S@H, whereas all the others will ship within 30 days. At work we are... concerned.

The sets have been out for barely a month, they had BETTER make more of that one.

Two exclusive raptors? This thing will be a goldmine.

Raptor Escape is currently "Sold Out" on S@H, whereas all the others will ship within 30 days. At work we are... concerned.

The sets have been out for barely a month, they had BETTER make more of that one.
Ha! I chose wisely. I grabbed Zombies the second I saw it and it disappeared super fast. I guess non TRU retailer exclusives are really short lived.
Edit:

I have another raptor or two from the Dino sets somewhere. All I need is Indominous Rex to finish the JW sets.

Luck was on my side today , actually won a SDCC raffle for the superman x action comics Lego set
All you have to do is hit a button on an iPad and you find out right then and there if you win or lose , dat 50/50 chance

If I win tomorrow for the ultron set I'll go crazy haha

wetwired

Luck was on my side today , actually won a SDCC raffle for the superman x action comics Lego set
All you have to do is hit a button on an iPad and you find out right then and there if you win or lose , dat 50/50 chance

If I win tomorrow for the ultron set I'll go crazy haha

Congrats! I'm so jealous :p

mrkgoo

Any impressions on the ultra agents copter vs antimatter 70170 set? I can potentially get it for half off.

I liked the other two vehicles that were of this design the infearno and cycle set.

Any impressions on the ultra agents copter vs antimatter 70170 set? I can potentially get it for half off.

I liked the other two vehicles that were of this design the infearno and cycle set.
If you get it half off, I will take one. Seriously. I want that set and have been tempted recently.

The ultracopter is fantastic; it looks great and the counter-rotating blades are incredibly satisfying to spin.

Maengun1

Wal-Mart put some sets on clearance to make room for new waves! A lot of small stuff and stuff I have no interest in, but I did a head turn at the Star Wars Cantina for $49 and Emmett's Construct-O-Mech for $45. Thinking about grabbing the Cantina tomorrow...

Wal-Mart put some sets on clearance to make room for new waves! A lot of small stuff and stuff I have no interest in, but I did a head turn at the Star Wars Cantina for $49 and Emmett's Construct-O-Mech for $45. Thinking about grabbing the Cantina tomorrow...

BAH! My Wal Mart had nothing discounted. Although, I should have scanned stuff to check it.

They did have a planogram posted for new stuff, so that means clearance is coming.

Can't believe no one likes the new S7 Yellow Mixel... It looks to me like he's supposed to be a Guitar... looks great as far as i am concerned... Either way, i honestly would like for Lego to just stop making them, my shelf is nearing it's limits and i will have no other space to fit them on :(

mrkgoo

Thanks for the input. However, while looking for an ultra copter I found a nindroid mech dragon for 75% off and picked that instead!

Hope I made a good decision....

Well built the nindroid mech dragon. It's a bit meh. Cool looking, but not as pourable as I'd like. It might get dismantled into a parts bin fir random building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom