• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodypop

Wait, you have the UCS Imperial Shuttle and haven't opened it? Open it! Bask in its magnificence and enormity.

Oh, and it is the most brutal kind of set as well. No numbered bags!
I know I ought to. It's the third set I bought as an AFOL (right after the Tantive IV and the Death Star). But the potential resale value is putting up a stiff psychological deterrent. lol

I know I ought to. It's the third set I bought as an AFOL (right after the Tantive IV and the Death Star). But the potential resale value is putting up a stiff psychological deterrent. lol

Haha, i'm in exactly the same boat......although i plan to fix that when I get home in November.

So question...which set is likely to be retired first of these four: UCS X-Wing, UCS Sandcrawler, Ewok Village, UCS Tumbler.....

.....and more importantly, in what order should I consider purchasing them?

Haha, i'm in exactly the same boat......although i plan to fix that when I get home in November.

So question...which set is likely to be retired first of these four: UCS X-Wing, UCS Sandcrawler, Ewok Village, UCS Tumbler.....

.....and more importantly, in what order should I consider purchasing them?

Tumbler will more than likely be last, X-Wing probably first.

woodypop

Has anyone gone to a LEGO store grand opening?

A friend and I plan on going to one this Saturday, and hope to get the mini LEGO store set. I'm wondering how early we should get there?

Kyari

ho1Y3qP.jpg

Finally caved and picked this thing up for 50% off. Did I do good, legofriends?

Seriously? Ugh.

I thought one or two hours in advance might suffice. Will probly skip it if 3-4 hours is necessary--not worth the trouble. =(
It's worth it. I showed up about three hours early and there were already about thirty people or so ahead (can't remember. I might have to investigate my post from last year.).

The real trick is to go there with a clear goal. Don't go to browse or look. Go with a mission. When they let you in, make a beeline for the single big set you want, then get in line and get out. You can be in and out in a few minutes that way. Otherwise you could wait in line forever after it opens.

EDIT: Looking back, it appears I got there about 2 hours early and there were a decent amount of people ahead of me. But I was in and out of the store within ten minutes of opening. Before it opened I looked through the window to see where the set I wanted (Simpsons House) was, then grabbed it and rang out. In and out.

Be a man on a mission, and that will save you time. Because I remember it being a zoo trying to escape because the store kept getting flooded with people.

My favorite feature of the SDCC Action Comics set was the skewed tire (bottom right).

The instructions have been posted and it looks like I was sucked in by some Billund Photoshop action. I hadn't noticed the "action lines" on the box art. Disappointing. Was hoping for a really clever Technic connection.

My favorite feature of the SDCC Action Comics set was the skewed tire (bottom right).

The instructions have been posted and it looks like I was sucked in by some Billund Photoshop action. I hadn't noticed the "action lines" on the box art. Disappointing. Was hoping for a really clever Technic connection.

Well, you could get an angle attaching the tire to this piece:

4159335.jpg

And then attach that to any number of its mate pieces.

EDIT: Oops. Nevermind. Those are the small tires that aren't connected with regular Technic pins.

It's worth noting that the car rooftop in that color only exists in that set according to his review. :( It shouldn't be too hard to substitute with other parts I hope.

Mixels on sale for 50% off U.S. for $2.48. It may show up at $3.98, but when adding to cart elsewhere it shows for $2.48.

41528 Niksput
41529 Nurp-Naut

I'd buy a few of the Nurp-Naut for the trans dome pieces, but it's not worth the shipping and I don't see anything else to get free shipping. Oh well, hopefully I can catch it at that price in retail store if it ever goes to the price.

Anyway, the real reason for the post is Death Star is showing call for availability at U.S. S@H. Could this be the end?!?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188

One thing about keeping it in circulation for so long has meant that the LEGO has had to continue to produce outdated minifigs -- apart from the two Death Star droids, the rest of the minifigs have more recent iterations.

That's part of the reason I've stayed away from it. :) I would like an updated version. I was looking at all the wonderful Original Trilogy UCS sets I wanted, but it looks like another UCS set has fallen off my list to join the Ewok Village. Farewell Sandcrawler. I'll be OK with that except I'd really like a bunch of Jawa minifigs.
I need to decide on the Red 5 X-Wing fast because that one is getting very hard to get. If I don't get that, then the UCS Tie Fighter will probably fall off my list. It's both (X-Wing & Tie Fighter) or none for me.

mojiimbo

Mixels on sale for 50% off U.S. for $2.48. It may show up at $3.98, but when adding to cart elsewhere it shows for $2.48.

41528 Niksput
41529 Nurp-Naut

I'd buy a few of the Nurp-Naut for the trans dome pieces, but it's not worth the shipping and I don't see anything else to get free shipping. Oh well, hopefully I can catch it at that price in retail store if it ever goes to the price.

Anyway, the real reason for the post is Death Star is showing call for availability at U.S. S@H. Could this be the end?!?

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188
Those "space" Mixels do indeed ring up as 50% off in-store as of last Friday. The store here actually had quite a bit of them left but they're almost gone now.

You know that "digital box" augmented reality window they have at LEGO stores that renders an animated 3D version of certain lego sets when you put the box up to the screen? The Death Star was always a big go-to set to demo on there but they had the quarterly(?) update to software a week or two ago and it's no longer in there. *Not* saying it's imminent, just something I noticed. Also, they have been getting harder to find in-stock in B&M LEGO stores in the past few months.

While I am looking at current values:

10224 Town Hall $550 to $600

I just sold it to Hong Kong for 450€
Decent return on something I bought only a couple of months ago. ;)

According to Bricklink what I currently have for sale is worth 8000€... I need to unload some of this stuff, it's ridiculous. Especially considering I haven't even started to add the used stuff yet... o_O

That's part of the reason I've stayed away from it. :) I would like an updated version. I was looking at all the wonderful Original Trilogy UCS sets I wanted, but it looks like another UCS set has fallen off my list to join the Ewok Village. Farewell Sandcrawler. I'll be OK with that except I'd really like a bunch of Jawa minifigs.
I need to decide on the Red 5 X-Wing fast because that one is getting very hard to get. If I don't get that, then the UCS Tie Fighter will probably fall off my list. It's both (X-Wing & Tie Fighter) or none for me.

I have a feeling that Red 5 X-Wing will be retired by the end of the year, along with 10188.

I'm hanging for a reissue of 10143 -- it looks like an awesome display model.

Ryuuroden

I just sold it to Hong Kong for 450€
Decent return on something I bought only a couple of months ago. ;)

According to Bricklink what I currently have for sale is worth 8000€... I need to unload some of this stuff, it's ridiculous. Especially considering I haven't even started to add the used stuff yet... o_O

Going through my closet I found an unopened Green Grocer. Guess I will be unloading that to help finance my new project. Perhaps one of the unopened town halls as well but that is less likely.

Rootbeer

Banned
You can still get the Death Star for 399.99 on amazon but probably not for long

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EEP3NO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

also on target.com. use that RED Card!

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-death-star-10188/-/A-13787174

I'm still skipping out because I fully believe that they are releasing a new version somewhere down the road, and I personally like the newer style minifigs over these older ones. And I don't exactly have a shortage of LEGO Star Wars anyways, especially this year.

Anyway, Aug 1st is approaching. Items releasing:

Scooby Doo Sets
Sith Infiltrator
Big Bang Theory
Ferrari F40
new LEGO elves, technic, duplo & chima

Force Awakens sets on Sept 4th. Hope everyone is preparing :p

I think my Aug 1st order will be: mystery machine, mystery mansion (these two sets will net you the entire scooby gang), sith infiltrator, big bang theory. i might have to throw in some disney/friends to qualify for the friends freebie. I still need the elsa's castle so maybe that one.

Why wait on Ferrari? It releases tomorrow. :)

And Wal Mart here began clearance. Only 25% off, but better than Target. They did have Brick Bounty for $75 which was tempting.

And there was one single Raptor Escape on the shelf. Tempted to grab and horde it.

wetwired

My classic space prints have arrived! here's the whole gang (some airtanks still need painting)

space2.jpg

The painted airtanks, I ended up getting a cheap airbrush and colour matching the colours as best I could. Obviously the dark old grey is yet to be painted.

space3.jpg

I did 20x of these guys to sell to offset the costs involved in setting up the prints.

All of the classic colours plus a heap of 1 off colours I did for myself
space1.jpg

Ponn

Banned

Scooby Doo Sets
Sith Infiltrator
Big Bang Theory
Ferrari F40

I think my Aug 1st order will be: mystery machine, mystery mansion (these two sets will net you the entire scooby gang), sith infiltrator, big bang theory. i might have to throw in some disney/friends to qualify for the friends freebie. I still need the elsa's castle so maybe that one.

Everyone keeps forgetting Jokerland :(

I guess i'm going to be first one to get it and will have to push it on everyone Phon/Galaxy Squad style. I was going to get Sith Infiltrator and the Scooby sets as well but I may have went overboard on Amazon the last couple days and spent more than I was allowing myself (believe it or not I did actually have a spending limit imposed on myself). It looks like i'm changing my aug 1st order to Jokerland and probably the same as you Scooby Mansion and Mystery Machine for now. Maybe the Headless Horseman set if its only $20 or 30, depends if i'm still going to pick up that Combiner Wars Devastator or not. I want the Deathstroke fig but i'm not wild about that set and after spending money on the Black Manta set for just one fig I may wait on a deep sale for Deathstroke.

Going through my closet I found an unopened Green Grocer. Guess I will be unloading that to help finance my new project. Perhaps one of the unopened town halls as well but that is less likely.

What's your address? :) Which closet are they in? Is it the one in the hall or the LEGO room?

My classic space prints have arrived! here's the whole gang (some airtanks still need painting)

space2.jpg

The painted airtanks, I ended up getting a cheap airbrush and colour matching the colours as best I could. Obviously the dark old grey is yet to be painted.

space3.jpg

I did 20x of these guys to sell to offset the costs involved in setting up the prints.

All of the classic colours plus a heap of 1 off colours I did for myself
space1.jpg

PM the pricing of those and the X-Files ones. :)

Best Star is tagged as SOLD OUT on S@H today. Has the set finally retired?? If you've been on the fence about getting one, it looks like now's the time. Still available at Amazon, Target, and Walmart.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why wait on Ferrari? It releases tomorrow. :)

aargh. Tempted to grab this but if I go to the Lego store I'll probably buy Trevi Fountain and maybe Whitehouse and Flatiron buildings too..

If I hold off a couple of weeks my local department store should get it in so that will be safer :)

mojiimbo

You can still get the Death Star for 399.99 on amazon but probably not for long

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EEP3NO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

also on target.com. use that RED Card!

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-death-star-10188/-/A-13787174

I'm still skipping out because I fully believe that they are releasing a new version somewhere down the road, and I personally like the newer style minifigs over these older ones. And I don't exactly have a shortage of LEGO Star Wars anyways, especially this year.

Scooby Doo Sets
Sith Infiltrator
Big Bang Theory
Ferrari F40

These might show up at LEGO stores as early as next week. The only ones with a hard August 1st date are the new Minecraft sets and Big Bang Theory, so far(as long as they don't revise it like they did with Ant-Man.)

Rootbeer

Banned
These might show up at LEGO stores as early as next week. The only ones with a hard August 1st date are the new Minecraft sets and Big Bang Theory, so far(as long as they don't revise it like they did with Ant-Man.)

Cool, thanks for the info. I haven't decided if I'm going to take a trip to my local LEGO store on Aug 1st or not, but if it's a soft release then I'm more likely to order online because the sets tend to sell out at my local store, I bet not everything I want will be in stock on Aug 1st if I wait, assuming some of them they hit the shelves any day now.

I wish I lived close enough to just go anytime I felt like it, but it's like a 70 minutes each way and I'm a busy dude!

Grabbed the last Raptor Escape set at Wal Mart. I don't want to chance this thing being like the Zombies set and disappearing super fast.

You were right. It seems that this will be the same as the Target Zombie exclusive, except probably will escalate in price higher.
I'm pissed I may miss out on this set.
I'm hoping Walmart saw how well the set sold and told LEGO, give me ALL of the inventory which is why it's sold out on LEGO S@H. That's my big hope for an ample supply coming soon. You know resellers will be all over that set as soon as it pops up on shelves. The other hope is they produce more, but somehow I doubt that as I imagine the logistics for making the dinosaur figs is a bit tougher. Last year there was a shortage of LEGO sets too, so not sure how much room LEGO has for squeezing in additional runs before the holidays.

Those "space" Mixels do indeed ring up as 50% off in-store as of last Friday. The store here actually had quite a bit of them left but they're almost gone now.

You know that "digital box" augmented reality window they have at LEGO stores that renders an animated 3D version of certain lego sets when you put the box up to the screen? The Death Star was always a big go-to set to demo on there but they had the quarterly(?) update to software a week or two ago and it's no longer in there. *Not* saying it's imminent, just something I noticed. Also, they have been getting harder to find in-stock in B&M LEGO stores in the past few months.

Thanks for the heads up!
I went to my local LEGO store and did find older Mixels on sale for 50% off. Grabbed 6 of them so I now have 12 more of those trans black dome parts. Should be plenty for any ideas that I have in the future.

EDIT: There was a Best Star on the shelf. I probably could have bought it and sold it for more in a few months. Not worth the trouble for me. That box is HUGE.

wetwired

Are you selling them? If so, how much for 4 (royal, orange, white, gold)?

What's your address? :) Which closet are they in? Is it the one in the hall or the LEGO room?

PM the pricing of those and the X-Files ones. :)

These ones are all accounted for already, I WAS selling them as a group of 6 together for dark red, dark blue, dark green, dark purple, orange and dark old grey,

I've had a lot of interest though and will likely do another batch and do singles of each

You were right. It seems that this will be the same as the Target Zombie exclusive, except probably will escalate in price higher.
I'm pissed I may miss out on this set.
I'm hoping Walmart saw how well the set sold and told LEGO, give me ALL of the inventory which is why it's sold out on LEGO S@H. That's my big hope for an ample supply coming soon. You know resellers will be all over that set as soon as it pops up on shelves. The other hope is they produce more, but somehow I doubt that as I imagine the logistics for making the dinosaur figs is a bit tougher. Last year there was a shortage of LEGO sets too, so not sure how much room LEGO has for squeezing in additional runs before the holidays.
There was one that magically appeared at my Wal Mart today. If it is still there tomorrow I can grab it for you if you like.

Kyari

These ones are all accounted for already, I WAS selling them as a group of 6 together for dark red, dark blue, dark green, dark purple, orange and dark old grey,

I've had a lot of interest though and will likely do another batch and do singles of each

Consider me interested if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom