• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robb_w7

Banned
I had been out of LEGO for years when that came out (haven't seen it before) but it looks rad. Must have been an awesome set as a kid.

Yeah it was so cool, had a detectable rocket with a magnet on it, also that back part with the retractable roof was amazing, im tempted to get it again, tho its £100 at least on ebay lol

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I had a few of the space police sets as a kid, great fun. This one was my favourite:
latest

secret rob

Neo Member
Does anyone know if there is a way to get a pre-order link on an item after some 3rd party seller that has way jacked up the price for pre-order has added an entry?

Example: LEGO Scooby-Doo 75902 the Mystery Machine Building Kit is now only available for pre-order from a 3rd party for $79.97 instead of the normal retail price via amazon direct.

Edit: I've already pre-ordered the item at the normal price, but just wondering for a possible future set.

Argos in the UK are doing a 3 for 2 deal on all toys. In store only but you can reserve online for an in store pick up. I'm going to get the hulkbuster set, ant man and spider vs carnage. I also might get gorilla good and the darksied set but I need another set at a similar price to make it worthwhile hmmmmm

mrklaw

MrArseFace
White House is still the best bang for buck from that series.

trevi fountain and UN Headquarters seem pretty nice?

Argos in the UK are doing a 3 for 2 deal on all toys. In store only but you can reserve online for an in store pick up. I'm going to get the hulkbuster set, ant man and spider vs carnage. I also might get gorilla good and the darksied set but I need another set at a similar price to make it worthwhile hmmmmm

and a £5 lego voucher if you spend over £25 on lego by the 25th August.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have no Star Wars sets (aside from an X-Wing polybag and the Falcon Microfighter) because I know once I start I'll just want more and more. I always said I'd get an X-Wing if I could get away with it, bricklinking that one up there might be a way for me to get away with having Star Wars LEGO without starting on that slippery slope. We'll see.

big x-wing, small x-wing or MOC X-wing? I expect I have all the pieces for the most recent small one but it isn't built at the moment as I have the UCS one on display. If I do, would you be interested? You're at least in the same country so postage wouldn't be bad.

ghostmind

Congrats wetwired, that is the coolest Lego-related image I've seen in some time.

Made out like a bandit for my birthday this year! Not sure where to start.

Nice birthday haul! I would stagger the larger sets with the small ones, and start with the Detective's Office, but that's just me.

wetwired

Wow, that is pretty amazing! Where does this now rank along with your ghostbusters set being made? Does it bypass that honor?

It is very cool, but Ghostbusters was considerably larger to be honest, being an official LEGO set and all it felt more lasting. This is still very cool though, I feel like I'm giving back to all these shows and movies that I loved growing up, Ghostbusters, X-files and working on the LEGO Batman movie, I just need to cover TMNT and The Matrix and I think I've done them all!

Christian

It is very cool, but Ghostbusters was considerably larger to be honest, being an official LEGO set and all it felt more lasting. This is still very cool though, I feel like I'm giving back to all these shows and movies that I loved growing up, Ghostbusters, X-files and working on the LEGO Batman movie, I just need to cover TMNT and The Matrix and I think I've done them all!

You're working on the LEGO Batman movie?!

LEGO scooby app confirmed!

They sent him A FULL SET of the scooby sets... plus lots of other cool stuff

... and he IGNORED their first attempt to contact him. On purpose. o_O

And then he says he is going to buy them all any. #MoneybagsJANG

Maybe he will be hosting a giveaway for these?

He donates to charity so I doubt he'll give em away.

gerg

He said in the video that he'd do what he was told to do, which was enjoy the sets - I imagine he and his wife will have fun building them together, and then he'll buy review copies once they hit the shelves.

Rootbeer

Banned
He donates to charity so I doubt he'll give em away.

He said stay tuned ;) Yes he donates to charity but from what I have seen he donates sets he has built to charity for the most part

I love that he donates to charity, he must be one of the biggest LEGO donators around. Nothing wrong with a giveaway now and then.

ghostmind

It just shows that they need a sub branding for the more adult themed stuff. Do it in limited numbers and maybe only with certain retailers.

Agreed - they know full well that most of the people buying (and building) the modulars, for example, are adults. Time to broaden their scope. LEGO should try embracing AFOLs, instead of their usual reaction of "oh LEGO is for kids, but we understand that some adults like it too".

3N16MA

Banned
It just shows that they need a sub branding for the more adult themed stuff. Do it in limited numbers and maybe only with certain retailers.

I agree, as ghostmind mentioned there are sets that are largely bought by adults. I doubt many parents are dropping $200 on the Ferris Wheel for their kids or buying multiple $200 UCS sets. I wouldn't be surprised if these sets are largely purchased by older teens and adults with the purpose of keeping it for themselves. Kids are not going to be requesting the T1 Camper Van or the MINI Cooper that often. These vehicles seem more targeted towards adults.

Golden Girls was accepted and is now under review. That show had plenty of jokes related to sex and do kids really want a Golden Girls set or know what it is? I don't have a problem with the jokes or Golden Girls (I like the show) but it is another example of TLG accepting a strictly adult set for consideration while passing on others.

Maengun1

Any news yet on a new Christmas set this year? Seems like info usually comes out 5-6 months in advance. I got Santa's Workshop last year as my first one, and I stare at pictures of all the previous discontinued Winter sets with extreme envy. Hoping to build out a nice little Lego Christmas Village someday.

The Duchovny/Anderson pic is awesome btw!

Just started buying Lego again after so long. Got me some nice bookcases to display my models. Most recent purchases are the Super Heroes Ant Man Final battle (looks awesome when built btw) and the ninja turtle Shell Raiser which I had to snag before it disappeared off the face of the planet forever. Both great builds, really happy with them 😃

Keaner

Neo Member
I have no Star Wars sets (aside from an X-Wing polybag and the Falcon Microfighter) because I know once I start I'll just want more and more. I always said I'd get an X-Wing if I could get away with it, bricklinking that one up there might be a way for me to get away with having Star Wars LEGO without starting on that slippery slope. We'll see.

Good luck with that. After Bricklinking that X-Wing, I ended up Bricklinking Larry Lars' Snowspeeder, and then it was all downhill from there...

Went on an expedition this morning across three different targets that this brickseeker website said had the new Bionicle sets in stock. None of them besides one had them, and the one that had them only had skull Scorpio of all sets. Guess I'll just wait a week to get them.

Toxi

Banned
Have they ever done a redo of a previous UCS set? Just wondering because I love Darth Vader's TIE Fighter and the old one is both incredibly expensive and a bit odd-looking with the angular cockpit.
Went on an expedition this morning across three different targets that this brickseeker website said had the new Bionicle sets in stock. None of them besides one had them, and the one that had them only had skull Scorpio of all sets. Guess I'll just wait a week to get them.
Ouch.

I've read that targets will show as having them but most are holding them in the back till the 1st.

Christian

Sorry, I realize this is a really pedestrian question, but...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove panes from 1 x 2 x 2 and 1 x 2 x 3 windows? I'm disassembling my Fire Brigade, and I don't want to snap the little notches that hold the panes in place.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remove panes from 1 x 2 x 2 and 1 x 2 x 3 windows? I'm disassembling my Fire Brigade, and I don't want to snap the little notches that hold the panes in place.

I've never attempted to remove them, I just leave them in.

iuuk

You mean those non opening windows? They just snap right out, I constantly did it as a kid and those notches are too small to break. It doesn't require any more strength or stress than putting them in. Just make sure to push near those notches, try it on a cheap similar window if you're not sure.

Meijer just started their additional 25% off of clearance prices. And once again, they didn't sticker the LEGO aisle to inform people.

Snagged their final Lonely Mountain for $84. It isn't a crazy discount, but it is still good. Now I have my Smaug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom