• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the Batpod that that was a VIP prize in June has made its way into the wild yet? I'm hoping the instructions are printed online so I can build it.

I finally finished the Tumbler after what must have been 3 months. It's a beast and a lovely display peice but I can't say I overly enjoyed the build much. I got to the final page and put the sticker in the stand and I realised I've lost the Tumbler info sticker. I'll speak to Lego and ask for a replacement but it's Damn annoying cause I don't feel like I've finished the build.

I finally finished the Tumbler after what must have been 3 months. It's a beast and a lovely display peice but I can't say I overly enjoyed the build much. I got to the final page and put the sticker in the stand and I realised I've lost the Tumbler info sticker. I'll speak to Lego and ask for a replacement but it's Damn annoying cause I don't feel like I've finished the build.

Worst case scenario you'll be out an additional $10 - $15 if TLG won't replace it.

https://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=76023stk01&#T=S&C=0&O={"color":0,"ii":1}

willp2003

Up at my mum's house tonight, and thought I'd have a look through the childhood collection. Came across this ideas book!

B6CAB74B-D35A-43D5-B4CC-14C96F2034E8_zpsscimtld3.jpg

What was more of a surprise was the complete sticker sheet inside!

7566CCD6-4907-4FA4-A188-E8A4E97F670A_zpszzwukbp6.jpg

Sorry the photos look a bit washed out, taken on my phone.

Rootbeer

Banned
Love the photos Will. Quite the find

Is the MSRP really $60? Or TRU tax has been applied?
I got it for 47 after coupon. I got some resistance on using the coupon because it was a LEGO set, but nowhere on the coupon does it exclude LEGO, even though some previous coupons had that wording this one did not. So the manager overrode it for me. Yippie

Also snagged a mystery machine. The others will wait for S@H

They had almost everything but wasn't able to find the nether fortress or the sith infiltrator. Maybe Weds.

wetwired

Haha I think the lesson here is we ALL should be making videos! Easy to underestimate how lucrative it can be :)

This is what I attempted to do, it was really difficult though being in Australia where we only get sets often months after the US, so we miss the boat on most releases. Also the best performing video of mine was the most poorly shot and edited (the Ghostbusters mocs one).

All that on top of work being busy and working on Lego batman pretty much put an end to it all for now. If I pick it up again it'll most likely be for exclusive content, showing off my own mocs etc.

This is what I attempted to do, it was really difficult though being in Australia where we only get sets often months after the US, so we miss the boat on most releases. Also the best performing video of mine was the most poorly shot and edited (the Ghostbusters mocs one).

All that on top of work being busy and working on Lego batman pretty much put an end to it all for now. If I pick it up again it'll most likely be for exclusive content, showing off my own mocs etc.

Do you have links to those again? I didn't see them on your regular channel. I am curious to go and watch them since I missed them when you first posted them here.

I am thinking of trying videos as well and might attempt something this summer if I can get off my ass to try it.

EDIT: CBS This Morning story on the upcoming LEGO Brickumentary.

EDIT 2: LURP- Little Ugle Rock Piece? I am sure they meant ugly.

wetwired

Do you have links to those again? I didn't see them on your regular channel. I am curious to go and watch them since I missed them when you first posted them here.

I am thinking of trying videos as well and might attempt something this summer if I can get off my ass to try it.

EDIT: CBS This Morning story on the upcoming LEGO Brickumentary.

EDIT 2: LURP- Little Ugle Rock Piece? I am sure they meant ugly.

Here's a link to the channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv6pjhid1DM4GGK18PjDuWg

Part of the problem is my delivery is pretty dry but I was trying to liven it up a bit as we went. We were aiming for a more adult review of sets than the brick show,we wanted the two of us as well so we could have differing opinions.

Looks like the Best Star is purchasable again at Lego Shop:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Death-Star-10188

Did the torpedoes go in?
Negative. Just a pecking on the surface.
I get paid on Friday.

If it's still at this price I'll get it then.

Darn Lego getting the best of me.
What else would you expect from this thread? :)

Here's a pink to the channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv6pjhid1DM4GGK18PjDuWg

Part of the problem is my delivery is pretty dry but I was trying to liven it up a bit as we went. We were aiming for a more adult review of sets than the brick show,we wanted the two of us as well so we could have differing opinions.
Thank you for the link. I will watch later. But I must finish some Scooby building.

At Wally World right now n they have a ton of clearanced 2014 sets. On super tight budget so I can't get anything but there's some good large sets going for 50% off >_<

The Brick Fan is on a rampage with news.

I Love That Minifigure Exclusive Zombie Skateboarder Revealed

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 14: Monsters (71010) Leaflet Image

The "claw" on the fly guy is screaming Zoidberg custom minifig with the Cthulu alien head.

Banshee and Spectre will give a nice supply of ghostly "legs". Although the sand green Banshee one won't be as useful as the more neutral light bley Spectre one.

EDIT: I don't know what I would do with a bunch of those fly heads, but I want a bunch of them. I can't imagine LEGO being able to reuse it unless they do classic monster sets or something like that.

Ugh, every target near me is listing the new bionicle sets as in stock on brickseek, but all of them aren't in the stores yet despite so many targets apparently breaking the street date nation wide. Guess I just got bad luck :/

Ponn

Banned
The Brick Fan is on a rampage with news.

I Love That Minifigure Exclusive Zombie Skateboarder Revealed

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 14: Monsters (71010) Leaflet Image

The "claw" on the fly guy is screaming Zoidberg custom minifig with the Cthulu alien head.

Banshee and Spectre will give a nice supply of ghostly "legs". Although the sand green Banshee one won't be as useful as the more neutral light bley Spectre one.

Damn, this is the first wave that I want all of them. And I wouldn't mind doubles. Is there a good place to order these by the box at close to msrp?

Christian

Does we know what the August VIP set is?

Ninjago Temple of Airjitsu. Sorry. I originally posted the free giveaway.

Just stopped in TRU myself. Holy crap, City of Stiix and Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty sets looked awesome. I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on Stiix. Only a $5 upcharge. I'm hoping to go back on Wedmesday after I get paid and pick up the DB.

Now I want to do this but then I'll just be sad there isn't a bender to go with it :(

This is the perfect Bender, but it's a 2d drawing so I don't think the head will look as good in 3d depending on how much the head "roundness" sticks out in proportion to the torso.

5TJzA3N.jpg

Someone needs to find a good 3D printable version of Bender's head in thingiverse or make one. :)
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:480062

EDIT: The Elzar here looks good, but they obviously hacked the torso.
http://legocustomminifigures.wikia.com/wiki/Futurama

EDIT 2: Started down the path of looking at custom minifigs and man there would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many I would buy if LEGO made them.

Came across this one for Inside Out which cleverly used parts to pull off the characters without any new moulds.

Lego Ideas: Inside Out Headquarters by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

EDIT 3: Oldie but good one.

Street Fighter 2 minifigs - complete roster by Julian Fong, on Flickr

I don't think the original Avatar sets sold well (minifig designs were lacking), but I would like these Avatar Korra ones!
OOpC3Ep.jpg

Randomness but if anyone is looking for the Lego employee polybag, the Han Solo hoth polybag, or the minifigure wedding set (all unopened) I'm going to throw them up on eBay in a few min. Let me know beforehand, though I feel like everyone here has all of them already :p

I don't want entire line but monster CMFs look great.. A few must haves for me in there.

I feel like cat lady will be a hot item for people into cat girls (ie custom cat girls with head piece)

Quick and dirty lil review of the Scooby lighthouse set.

The mini figures are great. Scooby looks awesome. I love the custom hair pieces for Shaggy and Daphne as well. The bodies can also be very handy for custom figures later. I foresee some great 70s style custom figs from the Daphne pieces.

The "monsters" are also a lot of fun. One of the great features of the figures is that the heads are reversible to show the real identities of the characters, so you can act out your own Scooby adventures with the sets.

The brick built stone skull on the reef is a cool touch to the set. And it even rotates thanks to a crank in the back to reveal the hidden treasure.

And while I am disappointed at the fact that the wood beams are stickers, the treasure map is actually a printed tile, which is quite nice.

Overall, it was a fun set. Lots of hidden play features in it, and it felt like an episode from the cartoon come to life. Little details in the build allowed you to fill in the story as to what was going on or what the mystery they were trying to solve was. There are also a lot of great pieces in nice colors in the set.

6093908.jpg

This shows up in dark red, but not in massive quantities.

4170375.jpg

As does this one in dark red, which isn't even listed on Brickset, so it might be the first set to feature it. I am not sure.

I dunno why I'm always hesitant to post the actual photo. Credit to BrickFan link to his Flickr account below.

LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 14: Monsters (71010) by Allen Tran, on Flickr

1) Werewolf looking awesome and scary. I love it. Oh, and he finally appears to have a tail!
2) Zombie pirate looking awesome as well.
3) Mad scientist looks silly, but I like the "blood" splattered coat.
4) Witch looks decent. Not amazing, but cool.
5) Plant man is going to be cool to put scarier faces into.
6) Fly figure is beyond awesome.
7) New ghost figure is so great. Does the face glow in the dark?
8) Zombie cheerleader? Yes, please!
9) LEGO caters to furries. At least we now have a Tigra figure.
10) Gargoyle looks okay. The wing pieces will be handy.
11) Get enough of this guy and I can finally make a great Karate Kid MOC.
12) Puttin on the ritz.
13) Totally worth it for the newspaper piece.
14) Sad ghost is sad. That new bottom piece is pretty interesting.
15) Photographer bigfoot going for the pulitzer.
16) Vampire Spider Queen looking classy. I like the hair piece.

I am so blind buying tons of these. Almost all of them scream for multiples.

EDIT: I just realized that the silly mad scientist figure has a bottle of fly potion or something. Perhaps that is the before figure and the fly figure is the after.

ghostmind

Nice to finally see the full set of S14, after so many leaks of some of the minifigs.

The Fly Monster looks stellar, and trans-grey hair on the Banshee is very unique. The news paper that the Zombie Businessman is holding is cracking me up every time I look at it.

And if you aren't tired of zombies after this set, you can pick up the "I love That Minifigure" book in October to get the Zombie Skateboarder.

UVBHX4m.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm really happy with the Zombie skateboarder as a bundled minifig. What a great companion to the S14 figures. I've had that book pre-ordered for a couple weeks. Good price on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom