• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ninjago Temple of Airjitsu. Sorry. I originally posted the free giveaway.

Just stopped in TRU myself. Holy crap, City of Stiix and Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty sets looked awesome. I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on Stiix. Only a $5 upcharge. I'm hoping to go back on Wedmesday after I get paid and pick up the DB.

Ah ok, thank you! Looks awesome, but not for me. Phew, money saved :)

They are customs. I wonder if LEGO would have any objections with the SF license.

I think I remember someone made a project and it was rejected.

Click on the link to the flickr page of that image. This is part of the comment:

Update 2: CUUSOO rejected my submission. Here's their text:
---
Your project refers to a brand or licensed property that contains content or themes that do not fit the LEGO Group's standards for appropriate content. For details, please see the Acceptable Project Content section of the Project Guidelines and House Rules (lego.cuusoo.com/guidelines).
LEGO CUUSOO will not accept a project submission based on this brand or licensed property. Decisions about how a property fits our standards are made at the sole discretion of the LEGO Group.

Remember that LEGO is a toy company, so we're careful to only produce products we deem appropriate for children. Projects related to the below topics are not allowed. We will decide how a project fits these standards at our discretion.

* Politics and political symbols
* Religious references including symbols, buildings, or people
* Sex, drugs, or smoking
* Alcohol in any present day situation
* Swearing
* Death, killing, blood, terrorism, or torture
* First-person shooter video games
* Warfare or war vehicles in any modern or present-day situation
* Racism, bullying, or cruelty to real life animals

End of their text.
---

I found the new Minecraft sets. I wanted to get the desert fort but the retail price was crazy. There's a new TRU opening in my hometown so I'll wait for any special deals there. I found the Rescue Reinforcements set for half price today though, so that's something to keep me busy tonight.

Like the rest of you, I'm getting a ton of the monsters.

Any ideas if Toys R Us is carrying the Scooby Doo stuff or the Big Bang set already?

That's where I snagged mine yesterday. I know a couple other Gaffers did too.

Big Bang set was going quick. I went over about 4pm and there were a bunch of people walking around with the set in their hand, and they were still unpacking the boxes. Nobody was after Scooby but me it seems.

TedMilk

I also built myself a Mike Psiaki X-Wing via bricklink. Guys one of the best in the world IMO. I just wish he'd finish his Millennium Falcon!

Unless... unless he's working on a new UCS falcon at Lego!

neonglow

I also built myself a Mike Psiaki X-Wing via bricklink. Guys one of the best in the world IMO. I just wish he'd finish his Millennium Falcon!

Unless... unless he's working on a new UCS falcon at Lego!

I built the main model from LEGO Creator Yellow Racers (31023) which was designed by Mike. The helicopter uses some advanced SNOT techniques using hinges and clips for the wings and tail. I've never seen a set use so many clips before and end up quite stable.

61ztrEdedHL._SL500_.jpg

Just got back from Toys R Us and I struck out.

They had every Scooby set out except for the Mystery Machine... (The one that I wanted first), and they did not have the Big Bang Theory set.... so yeah...

Rootbeer

Banned

They had every Scooby set out except for the Mystery Machine... (The one that I wanted first), and they did not have the Big Bang Theory set.... so yeah...

That sucks!!! Yesterday at TRU I saw 4 or 5 mystery machines and 3 big bang theory sets. I bought 1 of both. While I did not stop into TRU today, I checked toysrus.com earlier and it said there was still big bang theories at the same TRU. To think that those last two sets were there all day and nobody bought them was kind of amusing to me. I figured they would disappear fast. But I don't know just how accurate the accounting is for the online availability.

I had to get the mystery machine cause I knew it would be the biggest seller of the wave. Good starting point. Can't wait to get the rest (some on Aug 1st, some later)

for anyone looking for new sets at toys r us, make sure to check www.toysrus.com's listing of the set and see if it shows up as available at your local store for "in store pick-up" most sets have that option enabled now. Though they still aren't showing the sith infiltrator... starting to wonder if it's not an aug 1st set afterall :)

Ponn

Banned

I have a feeling the Mystery Machine is going to be the set if you don't get day one its going to be hard to find. Im still on the fence about BBT. I don't hate the show like most of GAF and I watch it once in awhile on TBS but i'm not a hardcore fan. Idea sets have been erratic on availability but i;m not sure this is a set I would regret not getting.

I am so excited to go to work today and look at all the new sets. Bummed I can't buy any until September though ;__;

And while I am disappointed at the fact that the wood beams are stickers, the treasure map is actually a printed tile, which is quite nice.

I will NEVER understand why Lego opts to put stickered boards of wood into sets when they have printed pieces. WHY?? We just had a CMF that came with a printed plank, why not just use that? Is it really that cost saving to make a sticker over just printing the brick??

It's probably a bit late, but you should try to get Rescue Reinforcements. It's been a TRU exclusive and wildly overpriced over here, but at 50% off it's suddenly a really good deal. I built the mech and it's awesome, very big and chunky, kind of like the Samurai X mech. It could easily be modded into a very Transformers-like mech, as it looks spot on like Inferno already. I was thinking of bricklinking one anyway, so it was a nice coincidence that I had an opportunity to visit a TRU while the sale was going on.

I don't have a use for another micro manager or a flying barn, so I haven't even built those parts. But there's some really nice figures in this set too. There are plenty of firemen and movie agents, but the hillbilly and above all the Fabuland girl and the Blacktron boy are fantastic figures and quite unique.

Christian

How did you get Rescue Reinforcements for 50% off? It was 59.98 at my Toys R Us when I checked yesterday. Are clearance items on sale this week? If so, it wasn't marked.

Ponn

Banned
The Force Awakens sets are still scheduled for September right? Weird there is no mention of them on the September store calendar.

Sept calendar is out??

edit: found it, what a stinker month for promos. Thought they would do something more Star Wars related then just that poster or something for Dimensions. Just a tractor. Seriously where in the hell is that Joker Bumper car??!!

Sept calendar is out??

edit: found it, what a stinker month for promos. Thought they would do something more Star Wars related then just that poster or something for Dimensions. Just a tractor. Seriously where in the hell is that Joker Bumper car??!!

Yep, promos are stinking.
Tons of new sets I want to get, but I only pay MSRP with VIP points for $10-$20 sets. I buy the middle to pricey ones during double VIP and/or very awesome promo promo items. The moon buggy polybag was decent because of the $35 price point. Guess I'll get cheapest Scooby Doo set and wait for sales on that theme or better promos at LEGO store.

I was looking for the calendar earlier today and it didn't come up. It must have just come hot off the presses.

Can't reveal stuff too early now!

I expected something saying the sets would be out on a certain date. I know they won't reveal the sets early.

Sept calendar is out??

Sorry I couldn't post the calendar at work. Boring promo. I guess I'll wait until October to get most of my TFA sets.

ghostmind

The Force Awakens sets are still scheduled for September right? Weird there is no mention of them on the September store calendar.

They might not be hyping these up because they won't be on shelves for long. I'm fully expecting at least the first shipments to sell out very quickly. The question is how long will it take them to restock.

Had a gander at the Scooby sets. They look so friggin good. I can't wait to get them and mix them in with the few Monster Fighter sets I got. I love the graphic of the gang running from all the monsters along the bottom of the box. Just such a great idea for the theme and the execution looks perfect to me.

Minecraft sets look great too. Really curious if they'll do a third wave, and what will be in it if they do. One of my supervisors thinks Lego will milk it for as long as they can since the game keeps getting updates, I don't know if I agree but I'd definitely like to see at least one more wave so we can get Witch/Villager figures and maybe the Ocelot/Cat too. Kinda surprised they haven't done a Chicken yet either, seems like something they could even do without needing a new mould.

No mystery machine at local TRU but a decent haul of new stuff. First attempt at feeling a bag and got the pig suit I wanted so I'm still 100% accuracy.
Oh nice. Please post impressions on the mansion.

No mansion at my TRU tonight but they had all the new Friends stuff. It was so tempting. And new Ninjago was calling hard just for the glow in the dark pieces.

Rootbeer

Banned
That mystery mansion... can't wait to snag it. Saw it at TRU Monday but it was $109 after markup T__T Aug 1st... I'm waiting. Could price match, but I'd rather get the VIP points since I was out of coupons.

Also I need that plane for the sitting scooby variant and alternate head print. The lighthouse set also has sitting scooby, but the head is not unique. the heads are swappable, thankfully.

I'll probably end up getting the lighthouse last, though I do like how it came out.

That mystery mansion... can't wait to snag it. Saw it at TRU Monday but it was $109 after markup T__T Aug 1st... I'm waiting. Could price match, but I'd rather get the VIP points since I was out of coupons.

Also I need that plane for the sitting scooby variant and alternate head print. The lighthouse set also has sitting scooby, but the head is not unique. the heads are swappable, thankfully.

I'll probably end up getting the lighthouse last, though I do like how it came out.
But lighthouse had the old man ghost and swamp monster too!

R-User!

Oh nice. Please post impressions on the mansion.

No mansion at my TRU tonight but they had all the new Friends stuff. It was so tempting. And new Ninjago was calling hard just for the glow in the dark pieces.

You probably know, but afaik, the new Ninjago sets don't have any GITD pieces. They're that luminescent green akin to GITD. Let me know if l'm mistaken. :)

You probably know, but afaik, the new Ninjago sets don't have any GITD pieces. They're that luminescent green akin to GITD. Let me know if l'm mistaken. :)

I wasn't sure, but the boxes sure made it look like GitD stuff. One set even had teeth and vines, which would be awesome in my halloween scene.

Swung by the LEGO store earlier and they told me they'd have a bunch of new sets Wednesday. Including a bunch of new Technic stuff, which I was personally excited about. TRU didnt have any Scooby stuff, but they did have 2 of the newer Technic sets out (not the plane I was looking for unfortunately). I told myself no more sets for a while after Slave 1 and the F40, but its getting difficult!!

Rootbeer

Banned
I just realized that I can't go to the LEGO store on Aug 1st because all the trains are closed for track repairs in the bay area that entire weekend :|

Gonna have to get everything online. Kinda bummed!

secret rob

Neo Member

All the sets were msrp at my local tru except for the mansion was a $5 markup, but I had rewards that more than made up for that. Shame they have it on such a marked up price.

wetwired

I just realized that I can't go to the LEGO store on Aug 1st because all the trains are closed for track repairs in the bay area that entire weekend :|

Gonna have to get everything online. Kinda bummed!

Now you know what it's like to be Australian, except inflate the prices by 150-200%

Man FUCK Town Hall... i was just opening the box to finally build mine when... i see that it has like a THOUSAND Nr. 1 bags what gives????

So far, i always used my little work table in the living room to build even huge sets, i mean the Death Star was built on this but this set here is pushing it to the very LIMITS! Even when i organize the bags into containers, there's probably NO way to fit em all onto my table :(

elfinke

Now you know what it's like to be Australian, except inflate the prices by 150-200%

I was going to say something similar, namely "what's a Lego store? Is it like BigW?"

My online-ordered Lego shipment status hasn't changed from 'shipment tendered' from over a week ago (though I've been hinted to that I won't be Lego free during my birthday). Nonetheless some excitement on hold!

Man FUCK Town Hall... i was just opening the box to finally build mine when... i see that it has like a THOUSAND Nr. 1 bags what gives????

So far, i always used my little work table in the living room to build even huge sets, i mean the Death Star was built on this but this set here is pushing it to the very LIMITS! Even when i organize the bags into containers, there's probably NO way to fit em all onto my table :(
That's how modulars are. A set of bags per floor. Town Hall first floor is just huge.

If you hate that, don't get Tower Bridge. No numbered bags. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom