• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the USA you have to buy friends/disney princess/elves sets to get the Friends freebie. Boo!

Get the Tourist Kiosk if nothing else, it has some really cool new parts and it's dirt cheap. Or get any of the Elves sets, they're great. Unless you really don't like the figures, but then, why would you want the freebie? If it actually was the new pop singer, that would be a nice way to get her for free, but it's just one of the originals.

You actually need to spend $35 on sets with mini-dolls to get the promo set.

Oh. It's not like the promo is worth the extra effort, but there's plenty of good stuff in those lines. Elsa's castle, the hair salon, the elves hideaway, the grand hotel (get two and make a modular), etc.

Ponn

Banned
Late review but I finally put my Joker Steamroller set together and i'm split on the set. The figs are great. The Joker Steamroller is a really fun build, neat parts and looks great. The figs and the Steamroller are why you get this set and its worth it for them. Honestly I didn't like the looks of the batwing in the set from the beginning so maybe i'm a little bias going into it but my feelings for it actually got worse building it. The design is so, how do i put it, uncool for a Bat-vehicle. it's not sleek looking at all, it's not aerodynamic looking and the gimmick is just stupid. On top of all this I got to the last page of the book and was like "Really, I had to have missed something" I have never had a build feel so utterly incomplete. It really feels like they had a piece limit on the set and ran out or stopped before finishing the design. The overall looks of it feel completely unfinished and really lazy but what sticks out the most is finishing the struts for the gimmick and realizing not only did they not try to design to cover up the workings of it to make it look blended in but the struts aren't even secured. They are loose and could be flipped off very easily with play, hitting them with a finger or even turning it upside down. On top of that the gimmick is not a smooth motion so the whole thing feels unstable and like it will fall apart in your hand at any moment. This thing is going right to my parts pile. Here's hoping for a much better Batwing set soon.

Rootbeer

Banned
Okay Mansion ordered. Once it arrives I'll have it and the mystery machine. Might leave the other scooby sets to impulse buys.

Trying to decide what else to order. It's a tough one to decide this month. Knowing not only what releases today but what's releasing in barely 1 month time and trying to balance what is best and what to ignore... uggghhh

Well the good news is I'll have nearly $150 in VIP points by Sept 4th so it's going to take a lot of the sting off.

Decided to skip out on the Friends freebie. Just not worth adding $35 of minidoll stuff right now.

Mansion is the only other Scooby set I need, just because I want Velma.
But, I am tempted to get he plane as well just for the horseman. And at that point I might as well get the Mummy set too to complete the series.

Ugh.

Ponn

Banned
Okay Mansion ordered. Once it arrives I'll have it and the mystery machine. Might leave the other scooby sets to impulse buys.

Trying to decide what else to order. It's a tough one to decide this month. Knowing not only what releases today but what's releasing in barely 1 month time and trying to balance what is best and what to ignore... uggghhh

Well the good news is I'll have nearly $150 in VIP points by Sept 4th so it's going to take a lot of the sting off.

Decided to skip out on the Friends freebie. Just not worth adding $35 of minidoll stuff right now.

That new Ninjago stuff is going to be hot I bet. The sets look awesome, great piece per price ratio and lots of great parts and new fig parts. I got Wu's dragon on way but I want to pick up at least Morro Dragon and City of Stix.

Mansion is the only other Scooby set I need, just because I want Velma.
But, I am tempted to get he plane as well just for the horseman. And at that point I might as well get the Mummy set too to complete the series.

Ugh.

DO IT! I don't know why people are hesitating on that Horseman set, its awesome and you get Scooby with goggles. I plan on swapping the horse with one of the black Nazgul ones though and making the one in this set Shadowfax for my Gandalf the White fig.

That new Ninjago stuff is going to be hot I bet. The sets look awesome, great piece per price ratio and lots of great parts and new fig parts. I got Wu's dragon on way but I want to pick up at least Morro Dragon and City of Stix.

Yeah, all the new Ninjago stuff is VERY tempting just for the parts. And the builds look awesome as well.

And don't forget Temple of Airjitsu is coming in a few weeks, which looks absolutely glorious.

Rootbeer

Banned

DO IT! I don't know why people are hesitating on that Horseman set, its awesome and you get Scooby with goggles. I plan on swapping the horse with one of the black Nazgul ones though and making the one in this set Shadowfax for my Gandalf the White fig.

I've decided to get the Temple releasing in Sept (though I might not buy it in Sept), so I'm using that decision as motivation to skip most Ninjago right now--I strongly agree that the sets coming out this wave and the previous wave are some of the best they have done. Always with the hard choices, LEGO.

Maengun1

You mean like this? (Not mine.. but this is a priv investor.)

petshop_hoarder.JPG

I don't get stuff like this, really. I mean people can do whatever they want with their money, go ahead. But I feel like if you have enough money to buy tons of super expensive Lego sets with the hope of making a profit in the future....you could like....do better investment activities? I just feel like there must be an easier/more efficient way to make money.

I've gotten into amiibos as well (god help me) and seeing the same kind of thing online with people hoarding them and I don't get how it's worthwhile. It must be though.

Anyway, hoping to find some Scooby sets tomorrow :)

Rootbeer

Banned
My LEGO store put out all Aug 1st sets earlier today. I wasn't able to make it in though. So just FYI to anyone going to buy sets tomorrow... if your store put things out before the first, stock might not be full on everything you want to pick up. So be ready just in case.

I don't get stuff like this, really. I mean people can do whatever they want with their money, go ahead. But I feel like if you have enough money to buy tons of super expensive Lego sets with the hope of making a profit in the future....you could like....do better investment activities? I just feel like there must be an easier/more efficient way to make money.

I've gotten into amiibos as well (god help me) and seeing the same kind of thing online with people hoarding them and I don't get how it's worthwhile. It must be though.

Anyway, hoping to find some Scooby sets tomorrow :)

Well... not really. The rate of return seems kind of amazing if you can actually move your stock when the thing goes out of print.

As far as normal investments go, the different kinds of stock market funds typically still return a single-digit percentage year over year. Boring old savings accounts return almost no interest at all. Investing enough to be able to live off the interest/ dividends/ etc in investment or savings accounts thus takes a tremendous chunk of change in the bank.

If you choose instead to spend money on full-blown businesses, you could make a huge load of cash, or at least a steady modest cash stream. However, running businesses is really hard, and tons of them fail. I'm sure franchising things is less crushingly difficult than full-blown entrepreneurship, but it still seems like an astonishing amount of work with zero guarantee of success.

Then there's the kinds of sets that blow up tremendously. Let's say, bare minimum, you can sell a modular for double what you paid for it as soon as it's out of print. People are panicking at missing out on it, or other speculators are desperate to hoard even more stock at the last moment if they can manage an ok price. Let's say you let it sit on shelves for a year before you dumped money into your extra modulars. You just doubled your investment in a single year. If you could do that with a ninety percent certainty in the stock market, even Warren Buffett would hit you up to smooth-talk and beg for investment advice.

It's a lot more work than letting a hedge fund make its own money, but you need a lot less startup capital to reach the point where it's worth it.

if you're hoarding other sets with less of a history of skyrocketing in price you might make a smaller rate of return, but it'd still be pretty good relative to the risk involved.

Sure there is not really a guarantee that people will still care about lego in five years, but I guess scalpers feel comfortable assuming that the eventual death of the market of crazy lego collectors will be a slow decay and not a crash.

Finally the new Barnacles are officially out in the US.

Time to buy them all.

Built my Skull Soldier while waiting for screen printing stuff to dry... man, there's alot I lik about the new parts.

The face mask is going to get alot of longterm use, plus these rib cages rock as well as the skeleton armor add ons.

I'm still getting use to the bone pieces but they work great for the theme. It may stand now as my second favorite Bionicle villian team, right behind Bohrok.

I am almost certain that that new Bespin set will indeed be a smallish playset where the main feature will obviously be that Han goes inside the chamber and comes out in that well known carbon freeze brick that already came in other sets.

Some SW buff remind me, is Lando even PRESENT in that particular scene since that seems to elude me at the moment.. IF SO then yes there is indeed a chance for NEW LANDO in this set!!

ghostmind

I am almost certain that that new Bespin set will indeed be a smallish playset where the main feature will obviously be that Han goes inside the chamber and comes out in that well known carbon freeze brick that already came in other sets.

Some SW buff remind me, is Lando even PRESENT in that particular scene since that seems to elude me at the moment.. IF SO then yes there is indeed a chance for NEW LANDO in this set!!

Yes, Lando is present, as are Leia, Chewie, C3PO (in pieces), Vader, Fett, some Stormtroopers, Ugnaughts, and Han of course.

Unless LEGO breaks with their pattern, the 1st Half sets are usually the smaller ones (though some go up to 700+ pieces), while the second half sets are when they bring out the big guns.

Im hoping this is the just the first of multiple Bespin sets, as that place has been neglected by LEGO for years. I want to see Lando, another Lobot, Ugnaughts, Bespin Leia, Bespin Luke, a Cloud Car with pilot, and Willrow Hood.

Rootbeer

Banned
Willrow Hood.
Clearly the figure we deserve. Considering some of the other joke minifigures that have made it into sets in recent years (banana stand minifig in the Gorilla Grodd set comes to mind), they need to do this.

The Bespin set is a great opportunity to issue a bunch of minifigs that desperately need to be made or updated. Lando mostly. But Leia and Luke in Bespin gear are also very needed. If the set is sub-$100 it might also be a cheaper way to get Boba Fett (with the latest and way superior printing)

ghostmind

LEGO Juniors 2016 1H

LEGO Juniors Police Helicopter
LEGO Juniors Iron Man v Loki
LEGO Juniors Snake Showdown
LEGO Juniors Lost Temple

ghostmind

"Big Bang" is the apparently name (or codename) for whatever is happening with Castle next year. It went from fantasy to steampunk, and apparently is LEGO's next big internal theme.

ghostmind

Creator 2016 1H

LEGO Creator Desert Racers
LEGO Creator Construction Vehicles
LEGO Creator Desert Racer
LEGO Creator Chopper Transport
LEGO Creator Park Animals
LEGO Creator Ocean Explorer
LEGO Creator Fast Car
LEGO Creator Propeller Plane
LEGO Creator Lakeside Lodge
LEGO Creator Corner Deli

ghostmind

CITY 2016 1H

LEGO City Fire ATV
LEGO City Tire Escape??? (I'm thinking it is supposed to be "Fire Escape")
LEGO City Fire Starter Set
LEGO City Rally Car
LEGO City Race Boat
LEGO City Prison Starter Set
LEGO City 4 X4 Off Roader
LEGO City Ambulance Plane
LEGO City Van & Caravan
LEGO City Garbage Truck
LEGO City Fire Ladder Truck
LEGO City Police Pursuit
LEGO City Ferry
LEGO City Fire Response Unit
LEGO City Police Patrol Boat
LEGO City Fire Boat
LEGO City Prison Island
LEGO City Fire Station

ghostmind

NInjago 2016 1H

LEGO Ninjago Ninja Bike Chase
LEGO Ninjago Sky Shark
LEGO Ninjago Jay’s Electric Dragon
LEGO Ninjago Raid Zeppelin
LEGO Ninjago Tiger Widow
LEGO Ninjago Misfort Keep
LEGO Ninjago Cole's Dragon

ghostmind

One Disney set so far...

LEGO Mickeys Workshop

With all of these set names, these are rumors at the moment, so nothing is set in stone... yet.

NInjago 2016 1H

LEGO Ninjago Ninja Bike Chase
LEGO Ninjago Sky Shark
LEGO Ninjago Jay’s Electric Dragon
LEGO Ninjago Raid Zeppelin
LEGO Ninjago Tiger Widow
LEGO Ninjago Misfort Keep
LEGO Ninjago Cole's Dragon

I hate Ninjago!
Because I really like the theme and it never ends! It's costing me too much money!

One Disney set so far...

LEGO Mickeys Workshop

With all of these set names, these are rumors at the moment, so nothing is set in stone... yet.

Please be moulded heads on minifigs like Simpsons!

LEGO Juniors 2016 1H

LEGO Juniors Lost Temple

Snake Showdown and Lost Temple are interesting names. Is one or two of them Ninjago related?

for the two or three that care:

Bonkles
LEGO Bionicle JC
LEGO Bionicle SC
LEGO Bionicle WC
LEGO Bionicle FC
LEGO Bionicle EC
LEGO Bionicle Lewa
LEGO Bionicle Pohatu
LEGO Bionicle Gali
LEGO Bionicle Onua
LEGO Bionicle Tahu
LEGO Bionicle Hunter
LEGO Bionicle Kopaka

Wondering what the Hunter is...

Rootbeer

Banned
One Disney set so far...

LEGO Mickeys Workshop

This is not Duplo or minidoll style or is that still not known?

Still crossing my fingers for a Simpsons-like minifigure/set line for Disney

Osahi

In the USA you have to buy friends/disney princess/elves sets to get the Friends freebie. Boo!

I got one in Europe with my Star Wars order, and the conditions stipulate you have to buy friends or disney princess or elves here too. So maybe a glitch? Fill your basket on lego.com and see if it adds one or not...

Ugh I'm so excited to see whatever bizarre thing they're doing to Castle.

LEGO City Prison Island might be a city set i actually buy. Need a Blackgate to stand near my arkham, after all.

Rootbeer

Banned
I got one in Europe with my Star Wars order, and the conditions stipulate you have to buy friends or disney princess or elves here too. So maybe a glitch? Fill your basket on lego.com and see if it adds one or not...

Thanks, i'm still experimenting. but so far doesn't work unless you have $35 or more of qualifying sets. I tried adding a $10 set with an over $75 order, no go. Oh well :p

Also looks like Mystery machine was a quick sellout. Not in stock for 30 days
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Mystery-Machine-75902?fromListing=listing

Osahi

Thanks, i'm still experimenting. but so far doesn't work unless you have $35 or more of qualifying sets. I tried adding a $10 set with an over $75 order, no go. Oh well :p

Also looks like Mystery machine was a quick sellout. Not in stock for 30 days
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/The-Mystery-Machine-75902?fromListing=listing

Aww, to bad. It just got added to my ap-dp, so probably no such luck in the US...

2016 Star Wars Rumors

Microfighters are back with another 6 entries, including the AT-DP, Ghost, TIE Advanced Prototype and Wookie Gunship from Rebels, and 2 Force Awakens entries.

Battlepacks are also back - 2 from Star Wars Battlefront, and 2 from The Force Awakens

Constraction Figures Wave 2 - 6 new figures in total

Force Awakens sets
"Battle on Takodana" and "The Pirate Transport"

OT sets: Hoth Attack, Bespin Carbon Freezing Chamber, Droid Escape Pod

ROTS set: Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor

Finally a Bespin set! Hopefully more to come!

Any idea what the Hoth one will be? Small battle pack type set, or something like battle of saleumcami? I'm low on rebels in my Hoth display...

Osahi

It will be a very large set sort of similar to the Ewok Village that came out a while ago.

Wasn't sure of it was the big Echo Base one or an extra set.

I better start saving then, as I missed out one the small set that was released along the at-at and snowspeeder

Rootbeer

Banned
reddit is posting a lot of clearance deals being found, mostly at walmart. Snowspeeder for $15? Cantina for $35!?

Guys, better go raid your Walmarts while you can.

I have finished my Aug 1st orders. I've decided this is all I'm ordering until Sept 1st at the earliest. Hopefully. If that goes to plan. :)

Spread out across 3 orders to get 3 pirate bags, cause I really want more sharks and those plant pieces. For a free set to come with three of those huge Finger Leaf pieces is really nice.

Sith Infiltrator
Mystery Mansion
Mystery Plane Adventures
Jokerland

Before year end I need to get Batboat Harbor and Rhino/Sandman so I can keep my Superheroes collection full and current. But, if it's one thing I've learned it's to spread out your purchases because lots of coupons/discounts come around and I'm already backlogged as it is. I have every SH set since 2012 (with quite a few older ones too), thankfully it hasn't been too hard to keep up with just yet. I'll probably start slowing down a lot once they start rehashing too many sets.

IHaveIce

Banned
LEGO Juniors 2016 1H

LEGO Juniors Lost Temple

Finally a cheap way to get Loki, and since the Junior sets so far were more based on Cartoon shows or the classic comic appearances I hope for a comic-style Loki and Iron Man.

Any news regarding DC and Marvel already? Set names?

Mickey's Workshop eh?

Hmm... I can't even begin to comprehend just HOW awesome classic Disney characters Lego minifigs would be. I mean.... these would literally be greatest minifigs EVER for me!! Can't wait for a Scrooge fig with a cane or Huey, Louie and Dewey smallfigs with corresponding removable hats or Bigfig Pete (lol) etc. etc. the possibilities are ENDLESS.

I just noticed the name of the Hoth set isn't just "Echo Base"or similar. I wonder if that means a significant piece count will be dedicated to battle pack elements out in the snow.

for the two or three that care:

Bonkles
LEGO Bionicle JC
LEGO Bionicle SC
LEGO Bionicle WC
LEGO Bionicle FC
LEGO Bionicle EC
LEGO Bionicle Lewa
LEGO Bionicle Pohatu
LEGO Bionicle Gali
LEGO Bionicle Onua
LEGO Bionicle Tahu
LEGO Bionicle Hunter
LEGO Bionicle Kopaka

Wondering what the Hunter is...

Huh, are they dropping the 'master of' name? Interesting. I'm assuming hunter will fill the lord of skull spiders role as the villain of the first wave, while the second wave is followed by five more villains. I guess JC = Jungle, SC = Stone? Wonder what the C stands for. Or where the ice one is.

When the Disney sets hit there should be a new Goofy instructional video for them with Goofy constantly failing.

That would be awesome!!!

I'm even thinking now since i'm such a sucker for classic Disney... even if it's Minidolls (shudder) i MAY just consider them if they're really really well made hmmm, but still hoping for dat glorious minifig goodness though.

ghostmind

Hoth Attack in January, is a different set than Hoth Echo Base, which comes out in October.

The former will be a smaller set, and I'm hoping it will complement the Base.

Hoth Attack in January, is a different set than Hoth Echo Base, which comes out in October.

The former will be a smaller set, and I'm hoping it will complement the Base.
Ah. Thank you.

Jeez I'm gonna need to get me an at-at and a speeder someplace if I get echo base. wonder what the cheapest ones are. though I suppose given that echo base is a ucs, "smaller"might still be enough to fit one of those vehicles. I hope it's not just some tiny hoth trenches battle pack like I had as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom