• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeny

It's a super good value for all of the minifigs.

It is such a nice display piece for fans of the film. And lots of figs! It is one of my favorite small sets

Actually, I just finished building it and I agree! The minifigs are great and the actual set is pretty cute too :)

It can stay on my monitor stand with my Samus figs :)

rr6zezJ.jpg

teeny

That's... a pretty good Samus, given the parts.

Thanks, yeah, I didn't want to use anything that wasn't "real" Lego. The shoulder pads / helmet and colours aren't quite right, but it's close enough for me! I wanted to MOC the ship (or an approximation) but haven't had the time yet.

Sorry for sullying the thread with Duplo pics but... i just threw this together for my little son (he likes it sort of... ok I like it too ;) and it really makes me want a complete CMF series with Disney characters EVEN MORE now!!! Why can't they get their stuff together and make it happen already :(((

Oa5QSgB.jpg

3/4s of the way through the Parisian Restaurant and this thing is absolutely stunning. It genuinely feels like every single brick in the entire set serves an important purpose, be it functional or decorative. There's no waste at all. It's just amazing.

It definitely rivals the Detective's Office in terms of quality. It misses the fun story that runs through the DO but I think I probably like it even more overall just for how much effort has gone into the presentation.

Sorry for sullying the thread with Duplo pics but... i just threw this together for my little son (he likes it sort of... ok I like it too ;) and it really makes me want a complete CMF series with Disney characters EVEN MORE now!!! Why can't they get their stuff together and make it happen already :(((

Oa5QSgB.jpg

Why do you consider it sullying? It's still LEGO quality and even partially compatible with LEGO system bricks. I've actually gotten some of the Super Hero Duplo sets for the Duplofigs or whatever they are called.

There are a lot of IP Duplo has that I wish would make it over to LEGO.

I'm still wondering why Duplo gets all the variety of animals and LEGO bear-ly has any. Ba dum bump!

Can someone clarify the difference between the old toy shop and the new one?

It seems the Lego Dimension OT is slowing down. I will be playing when I get off of holiday. Has anyone bought one of the Ninjago sets for the Hunter world?

Can someone clarify the difference between the old toy shop and the new one?

It seems the Lego Dimension OT is slowing down. I will be playing when I get off of holiday. Has anyone bought one of the Ninjago sets for the Hunter world?

They're effectively identical. Off the top of my head:

• I believe the big tree is a different build
  • The carolers now have distinctive faces
  • There are a few more toys
  • The sign out front is now double sided

Edit: Remote linking may not work on those images. Taken from here: http://thebrickblogger.com/2015/08/lego-winter-village-toy-shop-coming/

Looks like the wreaths are different and the snowman now has clips for arms. Tiny, little, stubby clip arms.

Decided to tear down my klinkers mixel tribe and build klinkers max today. Holy crap I'm glad I did, he's easily the best mixel design (max or regular) that I've seen, and ive bought around 20 mixels. The arm swinging gear function was just the icing on the cake, didn't expect that! Its integrated really nicely. I'm probably keeping him like this for a long time.

(sorry for the potato cam)

Since the Tardis in Lego Dimensions ended up being the real one, do you think the Lardlad is the next Simpsons set? Looked pretty official in game.

Ryuuroden

Building the sandcrawler.......it's a pretty long build......and the treads man, the treads...

But it's also pretty neat. Lots of functions and stuff crammed into it.

My first attempt at feeling up minifigs yielded 8 unique figs out of 9 tries.

Skeleton Guy
Gargoyle
Zombie Cheerleader
Zombie Businessman
Zombie Pirate
Monster Rocker
Monster Scientist
Square Foot

I didn't know what I was feeling most of the time. I knew the Gargoyle from the wings, and the Pirate from the hat, but I still ended up with 2 pirates because I forgot what I had. I just wanted to get a start and now I can be more selective and try to feel for certain things.

I was trying to get the Spectre and Banshee but never felt anything like what I thought their base would feel like. Not really sure I'll know what they feel like though.

Same with the Plant arms, Wolfman bone, Tigerwoman whip, and Fly head--I assume those are the things to feel for but I didn't feel anything like them.

I'll try again later after they put more stock out.

teeny

Decided to tear down my klinkers mixel tribe and build klinkers max today. Holy crap I'm glad I did, he's easily the best mixel design (max or regular) that I've seen, and ive bought around 20 mixels. The arm swinging gear function was just the icing on the cake, didn't expect that! Its integrated really nicely. I'm probably keeping him like this for a long time.

(sorry for the potato cam)

He's awesome, I might have to do the same thing. I'm quite partial to the Orbitons max build :)

My first attempt at feeling up minifigs yielded 8 unique figs out of 9 tries.

Skeleton Guy
Gargoyle
Zombie Cheerleader
Zombie Businessman
Zombie Pirate
Monster Rocker
Monster Scientist
Square Foot

I didn't know what I was feeling most of the time. I knew the Gargoyle from the wings, and the Pirate from the hat, but I still ended up with 2 pirates because I forgot what I had. I just wanted to get a start and now I can be more selective and try to feel for certain things.

I was trying to get the Spectre and Banshee but never felt anything like what I thought their base would feel like. Not really sure I'll know what they feel like though.

Same with the Plant arms, Wolfman bone, Tigerwoman whip, and Fly head--I assume those are the things to feel for but I didn't feel anything like them.

I'll try again later after they put more stock out.

That's very good going! I got so many dupes this time round due to grabbing the limited bags available when they were first coming out. Now I have the whole set, there is tonnes of stock everywhere. Always the way.

Speaking of which is there a Lego trade/sell thread? I have a fair amount of minifigs I wouldn't mind getting my money back on.

DJ_Lae

Oa5QSgB.jpg

The Pooh Duplo is really neat, and I'd love to see stuff like that make it into Lego too.

We have Tigger's Treehouse.

fPRZqPd.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Theme's a mess but im all-in for those roided minifigs. Laser crossbows look great too, but meh to the caslte.

Kids will love it.

I realized the Zombie Businessman's briefcase opened, and then it came apart into two pieces. Is that how it's supposed to be or is mine broken? Looks like there was a very thin connection on the bottom.

I realized the Zombie Businessman's briefcase opened, and then it came apart into two pieces. Is that how it's supposed to be or is mine broken? Looks like there was a very thin connection on the bottom.

Yours is broken. It's supposed to be hinged with plastic at the bottom, but it's a thin strand of plastic, apparently too thin in your case.

ghostmind

The Jester Tank and Roid Knight are the best things shown so far.

This is just the tip of the iceberg - with a new TV show to go along with the theme, expect to see many more sets.

Mark John Stafford, who was heavily involved with Ninjago and Chima, is designing for this theme.

Ponn

Banned
Wanted to be excited for this, especially when it was steampunk. I think it will do well with the ninjago crowd with that meshing of genre but definitely playsets for kids. There are some interesting parts and figs in there though. The castle tank is funny because its like they looked at the Galactic Titan and said lets do that but plop on a castle on it.

I might be interested in a huge 2000+ piece futuristic castle set if they do one. You know, without the tank treads.

I'm liking the knight minifigs, the new 1x1 pyramid and the 2x3 shield plate pieces.

I don't think I'll buy any of them unless there's cheap ways to get the knights.

ghostmind

Press release:

LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ Catapults Into Action
World's leading toy brand introduces new intellectual property that bridges physical and digital play with building sets, episodic content and digital gaming

New York Comic Con attendees get first-look at story, products and gaming app

NEW YORK, Oct. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The LEGO Group today announced LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS,™ a new, original LEGO property depicting a medieval kingdom set in a futuristic world where five young, brave knights "download" special powers to their shields in order to battle the royal court's evil Jestro and a cast of monsters to restore peace. The story comes to life through LEGO building sets, an episodic television and a digital gaming app that fuels story-driven gameplay. The property launches later this year, with products available starting January 1, 2016. LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS characters, story, app experience and two iconic building sets from the collection will be previewed to New York Comic Con attendees, Thursday, October 8 through Sunday, October 11 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (Booth #1436).

"Inspired by insights to meet the emerging needs of today's kids, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS juxtaposes a timeless world of medieval knights with a futuristic twist in a captivating story that invites children to explore LEGO play in a whole new way," said Casper Thingholm of the LEGO Group. "LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS offers children the rewarding building experiences they know and love, amplified by digital enhancements that merge what today's kids love: self-expression, strong characters, deep content-driven story and digital gaming."

Story
Set in the futuristic, high-tech world of the Kingdom of Knighton, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS follows five young knights in their quest to battle Jestro, his sidekick, the Book of Monsters, and their Lava Monster Army. Heroic knight, Clay Moorington, leads the band of knights, including alpha superstar Lance Richmond, hipster Aaron Fox, Macy Halbert, a princess who would rather be a knight, and Axl, the giant. Together, under the tutelage of Knights' Academy mentor and Great Digital Wizard, Merlok 2.0, they join forces to defeat the enemy.

Building Sets and Consumer Products
Fourteen richly detailed building sets will be available in January 2016, ranging in price from $9.99 to $99.99. Additional building sets will launch in August 2016. The first two sets are being revealed at New York Comic Con.

Consumer products partners across key categories are also engaged in creating a merchandise program dedicated to LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS, such as publishing and soft goods.

LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 App
To extend the story and increase playing fun, more than 150 unique LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS powers – represented as shields – have been scattered across the kingdom of Knighton. The powers can be found in building sets, online, in print and directly in the television content. Existing in both physical and digital form, children can discover, scan and collect varied powers using the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 app. Once added to a digital power collection, children can creatively and continuously find new ways to join the knights to defeat the enemy, in their gaming experience.

Available in late December 2015, the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 app will be available as a free download via App Store, Google Play, Samsung Apps and Amazon Appstore.

Television Series
LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS, a 20-episode, animated adventure comedy series, will debut on select global broadcast television networks as soon as late December 2015 and air throughout 2016. The core means by which children follow the story and get to know the characters, the series follows the constant adventures of LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS heroes and villains. Children will also be able to scan new LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS powers directly from their content viewing screen into their app games, further connecting their play experience.

For more information, visit LEGO.com/NEXOKNIGHTS

They're really handing out the new pyramid slopes like the candy they look like. They'll be very useful eventually, when they turn up in better colours (although gold and silver are a good start). That shield cover can also be a really awesome detail piece in other colours.

Edit: Those enemies are totally Chibi Molten Core. And maybe the big guy and be a good start for making an actual balrog. If nothing else, it shows that the "can't make a balrog because it looks like a demon" thing was bullshit.

Kyari

Interested to see how some of the smaller Exo Knight sets then out. Would love some of those rocket horses but not hugely keen on the playset look of some of the stuff shown so far.

I think the sets are decent (doesn't scream buy to me), but I'm drawn mostly to the minifigs and the new elements. I want the doesn't-workout-lower-body knight.
I have mixed feelings on how well I would like the theme to do. I want it to do well so LEGO does more new IP things, but I want it not to sell well so I can get a lot of the minifigs cheaply. :)

LEGO definitely is invested in this theme. Lots of new moulds, but not quite as many that were needed for Legends of Chima.

• 1x1 Pyramid slopes are nice and will be extremely reusable in MOCs as we get more of them in more colors. I imagine they will be a pain to remove in bulk even though they have the notch like 1x1 cheese slopes.
    Now if they only would do a rounded version of cheese slope.
  • The leg thingy for the little robots will be very useful too. It looks similar to the Darth Maul with robot legs except with a 1x1 connection.
  • The shoulder guards on the little robots look like a useful part too.
  • Interesting they went with new helmet moulds for many of the knights. Seems like the basic bike helmet mould would have worked.
    EDIT: I guess new helmets were for overall look. I guess that's how we can tell LEGO is investing a lot in these new IP serial themes.
  • I am digging the space armor, although bright neon orange on shoulders isn't ideal color.
  • Definitely like the shield mould.
  • Book looks interesting. Seems like it snaps together and maybe can put a 1x2 tile in it.
    I expect people to use that to make a Necronomicon.
  • I like the lava brick build dude/mech/monster. Love that LEGO made those small ball joints. So many possibilities with those.
  • The large panel with the studs and slot is interesting.
  • Not a new pieces, but the wizards look like they will be holographic AI or something. Pretty cool idea.
  • The little lava dudes remind me of Chode from Tripping the Rift.

EDIT: I totally missed circling giant chest plate on the lava giant creature. Also it appears the helmet is different than the similar one on the minifigs. I miss any other new elements?

ghostmind

My first impression - I'm already liking this more than Chima, especially the "evil" minifigs. I might pick up the occasional brilliant set, but I think we are going to see this theme for years to come.

Fowler

Not to be a broken record in the face of such a bountiful haul of sets, but... what do all these reveals mean for Echo Base?

Toxi

Banned
Nexo Knights character videos:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/nexoknights/videos

wub wub wub wub
Videos are neat; two favorites were Lance's and Macy's. Those two also have my favorite weapons of the knights. Lance's, well, lance perfectly fits his general horse theme, and maces/hammers/things that smash are always my favorite medieval weapons.

Warming up to this line, though I'll probably only ever buy one set at most with so many of my funds going into fancy expert-level sets, Bionicle, and X-Wing Miniatures (And probably at least one UCS ship because of X-Wing Miniatures LOL. At least they haven't released a UCS A-Wing yet, because that would be an auto-buy).
Theme's a mess but im all-in for those roided minifigs. Laser crossbows look great too, but meh to the caslte.

Kids will love it.
You mean BOYS will love it. Because this is a line for BOYS. Not kids. BOYS. Y chromosomes and buckets of testosterone are required to truly enjoy the blue robot horses of Nexo Knights.

If you don't get it, I'm mocking the advertising pitch, which for some reason used only "boys" even when generally boy-oriented lines like Bionicle still had the tact to use "kids" because they still appeal to many girls too. Very strange to see that from LEGO in 2015.

Man, those little demon and fire figures are awesome.

That's what i was thinking... I need me some of those Fire Imps, hopefully they won't come only in super expensive sets though...

edit: nevermind, it looks like they come in the Castle... OF COURSE damnit :((((

Strange that they look red in the castle pic but orange in that close up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom