• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what i was thinking... I need me some of those Fire Imps, hopefully they won't come only in super expensive sets though...

edit: nevermind, it looks like they come in the Castle... OF COURSE damnit :((((

Strange that they look red in the castle pic but orange in that close up

That's normal with bad white balance and/or certain lighting. Incandescent lights or lights classified as warm white give off a yellowish color.

Going back to Doctor Who. I will be pissed if they don't come out with a battle pack for the Cybermen eventually.

Ryuuroden

That's normal with bad white balance and/or certain lighting. Incandescent lights or lights classified as warm white give off a yellowish color.

Going back to Doctor Who. I will be pissed if they don't come out with a battle pack for the Cybermen eventually.

2nd on the Cybermen

Draxal

I hope they have army builder packs of those imps, I'd buy a couple to give to the young ones.

Chima had army builder packs in the end right? Were they of typical lego quality or were they Chinese plastic.

I hope they have army builder packs of those imps, I'd buy a couple to give to the young ones.

Chima had army builder packs in the end right? Were they of typical lego quality or were they Chinese plastic.

The...end`? Does that mean Chima is officially over now and is being replaced by Nexo Knights then?

Hmmm, while I don't think I'd buy them unless it's a crazy good set, they don't look too bad. Some of the minifigures look awesome though, I'd buy some of them, especially the evil guys. Think it's cool how they are reusing the old Black Falcons logo

Ryuuroden

Just finished building the Sandcrawler on my UCS Star Wars set build marathon. Started with Slave 1, then Tie Fighter, then Sandcrawler. Next up and Last up is Ewok Village. Of the 3 I have done so far I have to say the Sandcrawler impressed me the most with technique and wow factor. It may not be the sexiest vehicle but it gets the job done and all the little detail LEGO put into it really made it into a quality set. It was also the most entertaining of the three to build even including the time sink that is putting together all the tank treads. It's weird because even though there are a lot of mirrored parts in it where you put the same thing together twice just mirrored, the instructions separated it out enough to not make it irritating like UCS Tie or even as noticeable as in Slave 1.

Of the three, I think the Sandcrawler also requires the most concentration as of the three I had to go back and fix stuff in it the most times due to missing a piece in the build and not noticing it till I see I have extra pieces at the end of a building segment. Also various things like having various technic pieces flipped the wrong way etc, because I wasn't paying enough attention. Stuff that I usually do not miss or make mistakes on I did during this build which actually made it more refreshing to me due to liking a challenge.

I would rate it just under the UCS Imperial Shuttle and UCS B-Wing for the UCS sets I've built.

Star Wars UCS sets I own:

-UCS Imperial Shuttle
-UCS B-Wing
-UCS Red 5 X Wing
-UCS Tie Fighter
-UCS Sandcrawler
-UCS Death Star
-UCS Slave 1
-UCS Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker
-Motorised Walking AT-AT (Semi UCS imo)
-Ewok Village (not built yet)

Ponn

Banned
So it took almost 3 weeks to finish it but finally got the Jokerland assembled. I got all the major pieces of my halloween moc I had planned together now but i'm not sure I will be able to get everything together in time and I still don't have the power functions for the ferris wheel and mixer. Isn't a big deal but without the lights and stuff I just feel it would be half assed so I will just put a pin in it and hope for next years creepy carnival. Anywho, here is the Jokerland, I know it hasn't got much vibe around here so maybe this will help those on the fence.

Qmbez6G.jpg
Hello there!
These metallic/reflective stickers are actually pretty cool and add alot to the set.
Hey Mr. J, maybe I shouldn't hab *hic* drank before doing this

I normally don't like disjointed sets like this but all together its just a really fun looking set. It was also fun to put together in sections and quite a few interesting building techniques for seats, rides and play mechanics. The demon drop was especially interesting to put together even though it was the most simple looking. All the neat features built into the main Joker building is cool like the eyes, hat and bowtie moving. The mini mirror hallway on the bottom is cool and I wish they made more reflective stickers for it. One caveat is each section is really fragile. This should be considered a playset for kids to enjoy but it wouldn't last a second of playtime. I don't how many times I cursed putting the main Joker part together as it crumbled in my hands placing a cheese slope or something else on it. I would suggest it as a really fun display piece. The batmobile is ok. If you missed the joker two-face batmobiles this is a great one to pick up for a burton-batmobile. It's lighter than the one from the two face set, doesn't feel as sturdy but they look good parked to each other and have their own pro's and con's. Overall for me I still prefer the Two Face chase Batmobile but its not by much really.

Maengun1

Couldn't resist Fairground Mixer with double vip points

A91lyKb.jpg

I usually just build a set and then put it on display somewhere, but with this one I can't stop changing out the minifigs on the ride and then spinning it for a minute or two. It never stops being amusing.

Only problem is with all the Scooby stuff on the shelves right now for Halloween (and then the christmas village after that...) I have no place to put this haha. All I have open is the one little table the mixer is on and all the other components of the set are just pushed together on a side table. Probably gonna take it apart until next spring but had to put it together once.

With the Mixer being over a year old and the Ferris Wheel out now, I figured I'd better jump on this now before it possibly gets retired. Definitely gonna pick up the FW as well sooner or later and keep the fairground theme going as a spring/summer display. The crazy thing is, I thought the Mixer seemed much bigger in person than I expected....and then I looked up a picture of it next to the Wheel, which positively dwarfs it. Oh my.

Couldn't resist Fairground Mixer with double vip points

A91lyKb.jpg

I usually just build a set and then put it on display somewhere, but with this one I can't stop changing out the minifigs on the ride and then spinning it for a minute or two. It never stops being amusing.

Only problem is with all the Scooby stuff on the shelves right now for Halloween (and then the christmas village after that...) I have no place to put this haha. All I have open is the one little table the mixer is on and all the other components of the set are just pushed together on a side table. Probably gonna take it apart until next spring but had to put it together once.

With the Mixer being over a year old and the Ferris Wheel out now, I figured I'd better jump on this now before it possibly gets retired. Definitely gonna pick up the FW as well sooner or later and keep the fairground theme going as a spring/summer display. The crazy thing is, I thought the Mixer seemed much bigger in person than I expected....and then I looked up a picture of it next to the Wheel, which positively dwarfs it. Oh my.

The Mixer is easily one of the top 5 Lego sets I own. I need to get the Ferris Wheel too. I think I'll bump that to top priority. Possibly as an Xmas gift for myself :)

Nexo Knights character videos:
http://www.lego.com/en-us/nexoknights/videos

wub wub wub wub

Anyone else looking at Axl's hair and thinking Mr. T hair mould?

Clay's hair is cool which I assume will eventually be made for a set.

Macy's hair plume thingy on the helmet is interesting in the videos. I wonder how it will attach to her helmet as it looks like a standard motorcycle helmet in photos. Perhaps they will have motorcycle helmets with holes in it. I was hoping it could also be used as a hair piece. The new helmet moulds appear to have the tiny holes.

It's not LEGO but still interesting as Mega Bloks reveled their TMNT figures after reaquriing the license.

Looks like they are making a Mega Bloks Junior version too. The quality of the Juniors Leonardo looks like crap on that version. That has to be a prototype. I'm referring specifically to the foot of Leonardo.

Looks like Mega Bloks is going the route of mini action figures. They seem to have a lot more success with those. I can appreciate the extra articulation they have. It also differentiates them from LEGO. Sadly they have Bebop which LEGO never made. :(

I'm interested to see what Kre-o is up to. They don't seem to have much success outside of Transformers.

teeny

Brickset reviews 21304 Doctor Who:

http://brickset.com/article/17018/review-21304-doctor-who

No stickers!

wOrVfj4.jpg

This is fantastic news. Now I really cannot wait for the set!

The Nexo Knight stuff looks pretty awesome, exactly the kind of theme I would have been into as a kid. As it seems to be replacing Chima, that makes sense. I won't be buying any of it, most likely, but am definitely interested in some of the parts, especially the minifigs.

So i just finished the Mystery Mansion

I really like it overall, a tad bit disappointed with all the big pieces used like the one piece roof of the main building and lots of big wall pieces etc. i guess i prefer the all brick built designs of modulars. Overall though the end result LOOKS good so i am satisified. Favorite part has got to be the greenhouse :)

U2Mfidh.jpg

I have Vampyre Castle but it's still sealed, to those of you who have that built, does the final look compare to this as it's kind of the same design? (tall spires, haunted castle type thing)

I have Vampyre Castle but it's still sealed, to those of you who have that built, does the final look compare to this as it's kind of the same design? (tall spires, haunted castle type thing)

It looks better in my opinion; lots of spires and a much more traditional, foreboding feel.

My daughter got it for her sixth birthday and three years later it is still both kids' "go to" set.

I really like it overall, a tad bit disappointed with all the big pieces used like the one piece roof of the main building and lots of big wall pieces etc. i guess i prefer the all brick built designs of modulars. Overall though the end result LOOKS good so i am satisified. Favorite part has got to be the greenhouse :)

U2Mfidh.jpg

Vampyre Castle is what Mystery Mansion wants to be when it grows up. The castle is god tier.

Speaking of Wetwired, he is name dropped in the new "Great LEGO Sets" book in the section talking about Ghostbusters. Very cool that they are still rightfully giving him credit every time the set pops up.

Vampyre Castle is what Mystery Mansion wants to be when it grows up. The castle is god tier.

Hmm the piece count is nearly identical on both, and from pics it looks like Vampyre Castle also used a lot of huge wall pieces to build it's towers... yet it manages to look a little bigger than the Mansion i guess.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Why did Lego even bother with the TMNT license? The sets and figs we're great, but it's disheartening to see them drop it/Mega move forward with it so soon.

If Scooby Doo is similarly a one-year thing I can see this happening again, but if there's no real multi-year commitment, why bother paying for the rights to begin with?

I'd hardly call it ripping off Wetwired unless the print design is copied directly from his work.

Wetwired minifigs are pad printed which is what LEGO uses. Design is Wetwired's and the printing is outsourced which looks really good. I haven't examined it with a magnifying glass though. :)

Minifigures.com does not state the printing method they use. Since they don't state they use the LEGO method of pad printing, I assume they use one of the non-pad printing printers. There is a initial high cost to make the "master" or whatever it's called for pad printing. I'm not familiar with the different non-pad printing techniques. Some of them have a raised feel to them. There is lower initial cost with non-pad printing techniques as some are similar to "inkjet" so there is low cost to print 1 or only a few.

Ponn

Banned

U2Mfidh.jpg

Honestly no. You may get differing opinions but i've looked at both many times trying to figure out a way put them together in a scene but they just clash in too many ways. The one top piece with the clock is the only real thing that compares to Vampyre castle because it stands out but the clock is more cartoony. I love the green house on the mystery mansion and want to build a mini-cthullu monster to put in it like from In The Mouth of Madness so I like the set. Vampyre Castle is definitely the better of the two though and just different feeling all around.

Koren

I'd hardly call it ripping off Wetwired unless the print design is copied directly from his work.

Wetwired minifigs are pad printed which is what LEGO uses. Design is Wetwired's and the printing is outsourced which looks really good. I haven't examined it with a magnifying glass though. :)
I have since I had a small one on my desk for model cars, and it's really good... Some fuzzy borders, especially on Scully's collar, but overall really satisfying. The details on the FBI badges are really good (with great pictures for such a small detail).

Beside, the figures had some slight wear on them when I received them (I suspect it's a shipping issue, since they were in a single bag), and the printing hasn't suffered from it, so it's probably a good sign that it'll sustain wear correctly.

Beside, I don't know if it's the pictures (putting a render as the first image is a strange idea), but I think Wetwired figures are far better, those are less convincing.

My local Target has to be trolling at this point;

j87PJJ5.jpg

Lego Movie Minifigures in a full display....this long after the movie....when they are currently doing the Halloween series...

BUT FOR 4.89 EACH?

The kicker, scan it, there's even more in the back.

Fowler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvhzBh5BZI

from Gaming side, Lego Avengers NYCC trailer!! Holy shit that DOES look a lot better than i anticipated... apparently it is spanning 6 movies in total from the MCU hmmm, i just may have to consider this now after all. My plans of getting Dimensions eventually may have to wait now...

And you know there's going to be DLC too. Civil War probably, since it's out a few months later. Ant-Man, maybe. Or... Guardians?

I finished the Parisian Restaurant. Sorry for the off-forum link, but I took 79 photos and this place spoilers images way better than NeoGAF does.

http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/120469-Lego-Sites?p=2235492&viewfull=1#post2235492

In short: the Parisian Restaurant is amazing. I'm up to three now!

OqciniL.jpg

I never should have bought that Detective's Office.

It never ends. Once I was caught up, I still plan on buying the yearly set release. My Lego street keeps getting larger and larger. One day I'll be redoing my man cave. Rest assured I will be planning for future modular expansion.

chidrock

Just finished building the Sandcrawler on my UCS Star Wars set build marathon. Started with Slave 1, then Tie Fighter, then Sandcrawler. Next up and Last up is Ewok Village. Of the 3 I have done so far I have to say the Sandcrawler impressed me the most with technique and wow factor. It may not be the sexiest vehicle but it gets the job done and all the little detail LEGO put into it really made it into a quality set. It was also the most entertaining of the three to build even including the time sink that is putting together all the tank treads. It's weird because even though there are a lot of mirrored parts in it where you put the same thing together twice just mirrored, the instructions separated it out enough to not make it irritating like UCS Tie or even as noticeable as in Slave 1.

Of the three, I think the Sandcrawler also requires the most concentration as of the three I had to go back and fix stuff in it the most times due to missing a piece in the build and not noticing it till I see I have extra pieces at the end of a building segment. Also various things like having various technic pieces flipped the wrong way etc, because I wasn't paying enough attention. Stuff that I usually do not miss or make mistakes on I did during this build which actually made it more refreshing to me due to liking a challenge.

I would rate it just under the UCS Imperial Shuttle and UCS B-Wing for the UCS sets I've built.

Star Wars UCS sets I own:

-UCS Imperial Shuttle
-UCS B-Wing
-UCS Red 5 X Wing
-UCS Tie Fighter
-UCS Sandcrawler
-UCS Death Star
-UCS Slave 1
-UCS Republic Dropship with AT-OT Walker
-Motorised Walking AT-AT (Semi UCS imo)
-Ewok Village (not built yet)

I know that it's probably too late for you to answer this, but did the 6th step happen to have two #6 bags? I got a great deal on an open box crawler that is missing two bags and I know at least one of them is #6 because there was no #6 bags. I know I'm missing two bags because I have 22 bags and have read reviews stating that there were 24 altogether.

Ryuuroden

I know that it's probably too late for you to answer this, but did the 6th step happen to have two #6 bags? I got a great deal on an open box crawler that is missing two bags and I know at least one of them is #6 because there was no #6 bags. I know I'm missing two bags because I have 22 bags and have read reviews stating that there were 24 altogether.

Yeah I have no idea. All those bags are thrown away now too. Sorry that I cannot give you any help there :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom