• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
ThDa5D2.png
TZR1cTo.png
UECJilt.png

Is this...is this a dentist themed mixel tribe?? I don't think this tribe will go over well with kids.

Holy crap its a Sleipnir Reindeer!!!

LOL Juniors

Kri07im.jpg

Any idea on which Iron Man that is in the set? I see the circle power source. It appears it may be the version that came only in the first Quinjet set.

Will be a cheap way for people to get that one if that is the case.
http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=sh036

* Is that a half-rounded tile on that box Mixel?

It appears it is. LEGO is surprising me with all the new elements. It will be very useful for decorative purposes. LEGO must be raking in the dough to be adding so many new elements every year. It's also used as teeth on the winged horse Mixel and the teeth in one of the dentist Mixels.

The last wave of Mixel pictured is very interesting. It has renewed my interest in Mixels.

There are so many reveals now all at once i don't even know where to start...

Just when i thought Mixel fatigue was a real thing, these AMAZING looking ones come out and blow all previous ones out of the water all of a sudden. May have to convert my collection into those Max Mixels in order to save room for the new ones hmm...

Nexo Knights DO have a smaller set featuring the Fire Imp, yeah!!! No need to buy that huge castle thing for me then.

Might have to get Obi Wan's interceptor there as well, the rest leaves me cold luckily...

I wanna see the Juniors Disney Princess sets. Will they be Minidolls, or like the other "girl" Juniors sets will they be standard Minifigs?

Also Minecraft Wave 3 *frothing anticipation*

The modular bank sounds amazing! I like all the talk of decoration since that's what I love so much about the Parisian Restaurant.

Thinking I need to start getting into the Mixel game as well, those things look full of useful pieces you could use in a MOC modular.

Why did Lego even bother with the TMNT license? The sets and figs we're great, but it's disheartening to see them drop it/Mega move forward with it so soon.

If Scooby Doo is similarly a one-year thing I can see this happening again, but if there's no real multi-year commitment, why bother paying for the rights to begin with?

Ninjago was over, Lego wanted a ninja theme, so they got the TMNT license. Ninjago came back, Lego didn't need two ninja themes, they let go of the TMNT license.

So bummed we never got so many key characters in Lego form. April, Casey Jones, MetalHead, Rocksteady and BeeBop ;___;

As for Scooby-Doo, they're doing yearly movies as well. Yet to be seen if they'll release more sets to coincide with their releases but as far was we know, right now it's a one wave theme.

Lots of cool looking sets. I'm not that interested in any of those line but they definately look cool. I might need that underwater Cap though.

Those mixels are hilarious though. I like the idea of the next modular. A bank is needed and has lots of superhero scene setting potential.

Osahi

The modular bank sounds amazing! I like all the talk of decoration since that's what I love so much about the Parisian Restaurant.

Yeah, and the idea of a little story in it too makes it the best of both worlds (I love Detective's Office for that)

I need the Hoth Battle to pad out my little diorama with the AT-AT and Snow Speeder. Don't have a lot of rebels in that scene (shame there is only one generic Rebel soldier here though, and could've used a Tauntaun). Looks like a cheap set around 27 euro's, though with the raised star wars tax, one never knows.

Don't really like the TFA B-Wing though. To bulky compared to the very slick original. Still on the fence of getting the original one (I know a shop that has it still in stock), but it feels like it is not a good display set as landing mode isn't as cool as folded out...

YH0bv3p.jpg

is this a set, or a promotional? Could be tied in with the modular like the flower cart last year?

wetwired

came to post this, some more info...

“The set will be presented on Monday, it contains 2380 pieces and MSRP in France will be 150-160 Euros

It is a corner building, mainly white and grey with sand green windows with a lot of ornaments/details on the facade. It is a Bank with a laundromat next to it.

Inside there is a counter/desk, a safe, offices and a ventilation shaft (useful for robberies..)
There is a lot of detail, looks massive and might look a bit austere/stern

There are 2 levels:

Ground floor, a nice entrance (8 wide) with windows and has superb ornaments on top (Angel wings, micro fig, wolverines claws..). There are some “shop” windows on the left and right of the entrance. The posts are with grey steel bars, to look like a stone facade. There are lamps on the walls and flowers in front of the “shop” windows and a tree not looking ridiculous on the walkway.

On the other side (90 degrees from the 1st one), there are 2 “shop” windows (4 wide each, plus 3 pillars 2 wide, so 14 wide), the rest of the length is used for the laundromat. There is a bench and a street lamp on this part of the walkway.

The higher floor has big columns (2×2 rounded and striped), big sand green windows, rounded on the top with the new rounded windows – 4 wide. The top of the floor moulding is very detailed and nice

On the roof, there is a veranda in bow window style like on Green Grocer where you can see inside the bank. There is a standard office (lamp, writing machine..), and the director’s office, much more detailed (Paintings, dark green walls, nice desk..) A bit like the billiard room in the DO.

Note: The use of Nexo Knights shields to make the tiled floor more detailed (45 degrees points)”

Source

Looks awesome, although I bet people will complain about it being "small".

* Elves keys and railings!
* Nexo shields!
* Are those pullies being used for the tilted roof decoration?
* The pully system for the laundomat roof is nice.
* What the heck are those things in the first floor detailing above the windows?
* Dat ornate street bench.
* Holy crap LGB bars all over the lower floor!
* Friends curved windows in sand green!
* At least 34 sand green 2x3 windows!
* Banker guy has a gold version of the new pin-holding tile!

On a first glance I thought it looked quite plain, the colours all a bit weird, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Some of the detailing is nice, like the bench and the Laundrette sign. I dunno why there's a ladder and a rope but I hope it's because there's a robbery in progress - Ace Brickman better get that candy-smuggling case sorted out quickly because he's going to have more work to do soon.

Going to ignore too many details about the interior though, they're always more fun to discover mid-build.

ghostmind

dRApccx.jpg

10251 Brick Bank
Ages 16+. 2,380 pieces.
US $169.99 - CA $219.99 - DE 149.99€ - UK £119.99 - DK 1399.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Available January 1, 2016.

Make a safe deposit at the Brick Bank!

Make a secure deposit at the highly respected Brick Bank, featuring an array of intricate details and hidden surprises. Easy-to-remove building sections provide access to the detailed interior, comprising a bank with an atrium foyer, tiled floor, arched windows, ornate chandelier, lockable vault and a transaction counter with security glass; a laundromat with printed window, tiled floor and 4 laundry machines; plus 2 second-floor offices with an array of detailed furniture, fixtures and accessories. The exterior of the building features a detailed sidewalk and an elaborate façade with carving and statue décor, decorative roofline, large arched windows, central balcony, clock and an accessible roof terrace featuring a large skylight.
• Includes 5 minifigures: a bank manager, secretary, teller, and a mom and child.
• The Brick Bank features a bank, secretary’s office, bank manager’s office, laundromat and a detailed façade and sidewalk.
• Bank features an atrium foyer with wide, arched entrance, triangular-patterned floor tiling, ornate chandelier, oxidized-copper colored skylight, transaction counter with hidden alarm buttons and security glass, and a bank vault with safe deposit boxes and a large round door.
• Laundromat features a printed window, tiled floor and 4 laundry machines.
• Secretary’s office features a wall clock, desk, typewriter, cabinet with opening drawers, fireplace and an espresso machine.
• Bank manager’s office features a large desk with banker’s lamp and approval stamp, leather-look chair, printed portrait, statue and a cabinet.
• Accessory elements include a mug, document, camera, candy, blank white paper, chrome-golden coins, 1 chrome- golden bar and banknotes.
• Remove the building sections to access the detailed interior.
• Unlock the bank vault to access the safe deposit boxes.
• Visit the laundromat for a spot of laundering.
• Stack coins with the coin counting machine.
• Special elements include a printed prize check, printed ground-floor windows, a special printed portrait in the bank manager’s office, plus rare, sand-blue and dark-green bricks, and sand-green window frames.
• Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO® Creator Expert Modular Building series 10243 Parisian Restaurant and 10246 Detective’s Office.
• Brick Bank measures over 10” (26cm) high, 10” (25cm) wide and 10” (25cm) deep

V1y0lDw.jpg

PQMGjQ0.jpg

NekoYc8.jpg

G1nGyAw.jpg

22068677702_219deb84d5_k_d.jpg

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Why is the mum breaking into the bank? :D

Odd its just too floors but seeing all the fun inside im convinced- looks really polished and complete. Yes please!

TheFuzz

Love love love the new modular! Wow, such nice colors and looks like new techniques, too. I won't study too much because I'd like to be surprised when building it. Also I love how the laundromat was squeezed in

Edit: are those zip line pieces in the detailed decor? Oh lord. I cannot wait. This may rival PR for me.

Racing themed mixels? Band themed mixels? Castle themed mixels? Firetruck themed mixels? Dentist themed mixels?

Okay guys, mixels are officially the greatest theme lego has ever conceived. I thought they couldn't keep coming up with good ideas after the first couple waves but it seems like they're just getting started.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Brick Bank looking great. I still need to grab Cinema Palace, Parisian Restaurant and Detective Agency though :(

One thing I'd like LEGO to do, are small LED lights. The current light bricks are too big.

Love the bank. What a great surprise to wake up to.

I will have 3 corner buildings once I buy it. Looks like I will seperate them into 2 blocks and and an intersection between them.

Edit: That chimney goes all the way down to the vault and it looks like there might be a swivel opening over the vault (based on the sand colored tech pin).

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Having just ordered a Fire Brigade for £250, I'd say get 'em while you still can. That £400 Town Hall is going to make me cry as well =(

Got Town hall and Fire Brigade already.

LEGO should have enough to make a new Mini Modulars set. The first one was a great build.

Are all those mixels part of the same wave? Or is that wave 7 and wave 8? I don't think I can wait until next summer to get my hands on the dentist ones ;x

TTTR

Damn i need the dentist mixels.
does anyone know when they will be available?

[edit] actually they would make a good present after a dentist visit. i think i will buy a few dozen

TheFuzz

Apparently Brick Bank was designed by Marcos Bessa, his name is signed on the check. This is his first modular design.

What a great design, I hope he does more.

Interesting that the "tree comes to life" printed tile from the Scooby Doo line is hanging in the laundromat.

Does that help nail down the ellusive timeframe of the modulars, or just add another monkey wrench into other theories?

ghostmind

Apparently Brick Bank was designed by Marcos Bessa, his name is signed on the check. This is his first modular design.

What a great design, I hope he does more.

That's great news - I was wondering if Marcos would get a turn at the modulars.

How does he find the time to design so many of LEGO's sets these days though?

Still waiting on the designer video.

Fishlake

Mixel designs are so creative. That tooth brush is amazing! So many nice parts in them as well. I like to pick them up as I see them. I have them sit on my desk area and pose them around.

Is it normal for modular builds to include only the smile face? I've never gotten one but it is a nice touch.

ghostmind

Mixel designs are so creative. That tooth brush is amazing! So many nice parts in them as well. I like to pick them up as I see them. I have them sit on my desk area and pose them around.

Is it normal for modular builds to include only the smile face? I've never gotten one but it is a nice touch.

Yes, the classic LEGO face is a signature of the modular series.

IHaveIce

Banned
Modular : Looks awesome
Superhero sets so far shown, look awesome.
New speed racers? Awesome
Star Wars? Battlefront packs- awesome
Nexo Knight? Very very cool.

Dammit lego

I go to bed and all this awesomeness just appears.

The modular, as expected, looks amazing. That was a purchase no matter what it looked like though.

The Mixels though, are a big surprise. The first few that were posted made me think, "Go home, Mixels. You're drunk." But they just got cooler and cooler. Especially the band and dentist themed ones.

EDIT: And damn, brilliant way to attach the glass door pieces for the teller windows.
PQMGjQ0.jpg

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I picked up an built the Winter Village Toy Shop. Great little holiday set. Like it better than the Winter Village Cottage, which is the only other one in the set I own.

ghostmind

I go to bed and all this awesomeness just appears.

The modular, as expected, looks amazing. That was a purchase no matter what it looked like though.

The Mixels though, are a big surprise. The first few that were posted made me think, "Go home, Mixels. You're drunk." But they just got cooler and cooler. Especially the band and dentist themed ones.

I quite like the dentist and pirate Mixels, but I think the drum kit Mixel is my favorite.

Fowler

The more I look at the bank, the more I like it. So many clever touches, and that's from the pictures alone. Can't wait for the designer video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom