• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tooth, crab, fire hydrant, and drum mixels are the best in my opinion. I really hope these come out soon. I'm actually more excited for mixels than the modular lol

If anyone is going to be designing a modular, it's the man himself. Bessa would be interesting, but I'll take a Berard model any day!

I do wonder if Bessa is going to be designing the Ghostbusters Firehouse though - that set probably won't be out until spring or summer now.

Good. Give my wallet a break!

Interesting that the "tree comes to life" printed tile from the Scooby Doo line is hanging in the laundromat.

Does that help nail down the ellusive timeframe of the modulars, or just add another monkey wrench into other theories?

There is no timeframe. Buildings stay around for centuries. You can see when they were built but decide yourself exactly what period you're using. And, it's a reuse of a tile that wouldn't fit in a specialized set, nothing more to it.

If anyone is going to be designing a modular, it's the man himself. Bessa would be interesting, but I'll take a Berard model any day!

I do wonder if Bessa is going to be designing the Ghostbusters Firehouse though - that set probably won't be out until spring or summer now.

I knew it was Jamie when I saw the attachment for the crane thing. He loves his modified 2x2 plates with the extra hole.

There is no timeframe. Buildings stay around for centuries. You can see when they were built but decide yourself exactly what period you're using. And, it's a reuse of a tile that wouldn't fit in a specialized set, nothing more to it.

So You're saying the Scooby Doo living tree event is taking place either during or after the timeline of this modular? Interesting theory, Siegfried.

So You're saying the Scooby Doo living tree event is taking place either during or after the timeline of this modular? Interesting theory, Siegfried.

No, I'm saying that it's a random tile that means nothing except adding a little bit of texture. Not everything has to be over-analyzed to fit into a timeline.

On another note, I just noticed that the baseplate is either gold or yellow. Interesting.

Finally completed my JL Ribba frame :)))

One day, the whole wall shall be covered in glorious Minifig Ribba displays... (hopefully)

XKvK6LA.jpg

Z0p25vS.jpg

I keep putting off the work it takes to complete those frames even when i have the minifigs, probably because i hate doing handywork like cutting the cardboard, handling extra strong glue (i made a mess last time lol) etc. but in the end it only took me like a half hour of work i guess all combined. I do love the end results each and every time though :)

Have.... have all the previous mixels been that amazing? cause those look awesome. I guess I've been missing out.

oh and obligatory "i need the bank give it to me" post.

I kind of like the nexo knights, the figures especially. I wonder if I'll wind up buying some. I am a sucker for any remotely-medieval theme....

iuuk

When was the European double VIP period again (if ever)? I've got 3 modulars to buy and have been delaying the purchase for over a month.
I did not sell all those games to buy food, my street needs to be finished.

Ponn

Banned
That dune buggy batmobile polybag is just...man i'm not confident about these supes vs bats movie sets at all so far. To be fair the MoS sets weren't hot either so I wasn't expecting much but still. We have tons of Batmobiles, they were better off going DKR and making the Bat Tank with a Carrie Robin and then keeping the armored Batman. They could even throw in some mutant gang members and a lightpost with a light up brick.

That bank though, OMG, just so beautiful. My only and one complaint is I kinda wish there was some kind of fancy BANK sign on the front but that's a minor complaint. It's just waiting for a yellow school bus to smash through the front of it.

That dune buggy batmobile polybag is just...man i'm not confident about these supes vs bats movie sets at all so far. To be fair the MoS sets weren't hot either so I wasn't expecting much but still. We have tons of Batmobiles, they were better off going DKR and making the Bat Tank with a Carrie Robin and then keeping the armored Batman. They could even throw in some mutant gang members and a lightpost with a light up brick.

That bank though, OMG, just so beautiful. My only and one complaint is I kinda wish there was some kind of fancy BANK sign on the front but that's a minor complaint. It's just waiting for a yellow school bus to smash through the front of it.

I'm guessing this modular will see an unprecedented number of demolitions done to it to show all kinds of supervillains (and/or dinosaurs) breaking in.

Have.... have all the previous mixels been that amazing? cause those look awesome. I guess I've been missing out.

oh and obligatory "i need the bank give it to me" post.

I kind of like the nexo knights, the figures especially. I wonder if I'll wind up buying some. I am a sucker for any remotely-medieval theme....

There's been a lot of great mixels. The first few waves focused on elemental stuff which got old pretty fast in my opinion, but they've been getting more themed latley and as a result have more room for imagination. This year's tribes I reccomend: Orbitrons (space themed), Klinkers (steampunk), and Weldos (construction). I won't reccomend the first year sets simply because they're out of stock and really expensive now.

But yeah, these new mixels are really expanding the concept and are the best yer in my opinion.

I'm guessing this modular will see an unprecedented number of demolitions done to it to show all kinds of supervillains (and/or dinosaurs) breaking in.

No wonder Lego City has been investing 95% of its GDP in the police and fire departments for years and years.

There's been a lot of great mixels. The first few waves focused on elemental stuff which got old pretty fast in my opinion, but they've been getting more themed latley and as a result have more room for imagination. This year's tribes I reccomend: Orbitrons (space themed), Klinkers (steampunk), and Weldos (construction). I won't reccomend the first year sets simply because they're out of stock and really expensive now.

But yeah, these new mixels are really expanding the concept and are the best yer in my opinion.

Thanks. I'll probably get lost in brickset in the very near future to browse them.

The NPU in the Modular Bank is amazing! Hearing that it was designed by Jaimie Berard shows he's still on top of his game.

I am perpetually 2 modulars behind in my purchases (Currently need Parisian Restaurant and Detective Office). LEGO isn't making it easy to catch up by coming out with more and more stuff I want.

Ryuuroden

Oh lawd, soo much stuff since I last checked.....

The Bank looks amazing and wow there are a lot of pieces I need to add to my list for future LUGBulk requests.....

After seeing all the new sets that I don't want and now the Bank, I think I might just get the Bank and call it good! Thank you Lego for saving me money.

Amiibro

Got some amazon credit for trade in for my 3DS systems after I upgraded to the new Animal Crossing N3DS. Ended up with about $333 and I am tempted to put it into two modulars and possibly buy a third one. Thinking about doing Pet Shot/Detectives Office/Restaurant. Not so sure about the Cinema.

I really like the bank that they showed off a few posts back and seems like this is a decent jumping in point with 4/5 sets being in print ATM. The other routes I was thinking is Temple of Airjitzu or getting the Ferris Wheel/Mixer.

Im so torn! lol

Got some amazon credit for trade in for my 3DS systems after I upgraded to the new Animal Crossing N3DS. Ended up with about $333 and I am tempted to put it into two modulars and possibly buy a third one. Thinking about doing Pet Shot/Detectives Office/Restaurant. Not so sure about the Cinema.

I really like the bank that they showed off a few posts back and seems like this is a decent jumping in point with 4/5 sets being in print ATM. The other routes I was thinking is Temple of Airjitzu or getting the Ferris Wheel/Mixer.

Im so torn! lol
Pet Shop is a must. And get the cinema after since it will disappear first. You have about six months or more for Parisian Restaurant and another year or two for Detective Office.

Herbs

Banned
Finished off my WallE this afternoon. What an awesome set. The neck is a little disappointing but it won't make much difference to me once he goes on display.

Definitely a solid build and fun and the neck is easy enough to fix if desired. I really hope they follow it up with EVE.

teeny

I love the flood of Lego news :) I love the bank modular, though it will probably be a very long while before I get it (I only have the Parisian Restaurant at the moment, so the Detective's Office and Cinema will go out of print sooner). The mixels are awesome. I like pretty much every set in the wave, especially the band and pirate ones!

Star Wars stuff I'm a little cold on but only because I prefer ships to play sets and am not sure about that B-Wing yet. Though it makes a lot of sense for that ship to get bulky, it's basically a space tank!
I'll probably get the Bespin and Hoth sets anyway, who am I kidding!

Fowler

Yea, not sure what the point is to be quite frank.

Saw it suggested on reddit that they might be prelim pics that used stands to pose the minifigs but hadn't yet photoshopped them out. Semi-plausible, I guess.

And man... that Carbon Freezing Chamber is so deeply disappointing. No Lando. No Chewie-with-Threepio-on-his-back. No Vader. And no Leia. Virtually every great element of that scene is simply missing from the set.

(The Ugnaught I can forgive, because where else are we going to get an Ugnaught? Other than our dream UCS Cloud City, of course...)

ninge

Really loving the new modular and the new Mixel designs! Will definitely be picking those up :)

Slightly disappointed that the rumour that was doing the rounds earlier in the year about the modular being a re-release of Cafe Corner didn't pan out tho. As someone who came to modulars quite late I'm never going to be able to own that, market street (which TBH doesn't really bother me :p) or the Green Grocers...

willp2003

The new Bank looks great, but I don't have any modulars and I really can't afford to get sucked into that theme. Thankfully the Star Wars wave isn't great for OT sets, so my wallet will appreciate that.

It appears Cosmic Boy minifig is the next LEGO Legion of Super-Hero (LoSH) to be made.
Lightning Lad was the first LoSH to appear. It was a very random minifig sold in 5004077-1: Minifigure Cube exclusively at Target. Cosmic Boy has a Punisher look to me mainly because I've seen that hair used on custom Punisher minifigs and the white on black torso vaguely has the shape of Punisher's skull.

I can only hope Saturn Girl and more LoSH characters will be made. My childhood dreams are coming true!

EDIT: My bad. Others have pointed out it wasn't released yet. I was thinking of the cube that came with Superboy.

FOP3o0Q.jpg

5004077-1: Minifigure Cube

No, I'm saying that it's a random tile that means nothing except adding a little bit of texture. Not everything has to be over-analyzed to fit into a timeline.

On another note, I just noticed that the baseplate is either gold or yellow. Interesting.

Now I see where you're going! The Mystery Machine has a computer in it just like the Town Hall. A lot of people couldn't wrap their head around the timeline, but I think you may be onto something, Siegfried.

FYI, barnesandnoble.com has a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off sale on select toys, with a bunch of Lego included. There is a decent selection that allows you essentially get 25% off MSRP on each set if you pair them right.

Ponn

Banned
It appears Cosmic Boy minifig is the next LEGO Legion of Super-Hero (LoSH) to be made.
Lightning Lad was the first LoSH to appear. It was a very random minifig sold in 5004077-1: Minifigure Cube exclusively at Target. Cosmic Boy has a Punisher look to me mainly because I've seen that hair used on custom Punisher minifigs and the white on black torso vaguely has the shape of Punisher's skull.

I can only hope Saturn Girl and more LoSH characters will be made. My childhood dreams are coming true!

Wait i never saw that cube for sale at all. Was it already released? I thought it would be a black friday thing like last year.

FYI, barnesandnoble.com has a Buy 1, Get 1 50% off sale on select toys, with a bunch of Lego included. There is a decent selection that allows you essentially get 25% off MSRP on each set if you pair them right.

Advent Calendars are in there as well as Scooby sets. It also looks like they have Lonely Mountain as part of the deal.

Wait i never saw that cube for sale at all. Was it already released? I thought it would be a black friday thing like last year.

Oops. My bad. My brain got mixed up with the Superboy cube. I'm overwhelmed with all the news lately and getting things mixed up.
I updated my post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom