• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching video now.

CALLED IT! Unikitty tails.

Prohibition on candy. Riiiight. Candy.

Actual mirror piece? Whaaa?

Dat desk fan. Dat bathroom.

How is that watertower made? I am very interested in that.

And a kitchen to make bootleg cookies eh? Why do I see many people replacing the cookie pieces with clear blue stud pieces? They are dealing meth out of the pool hall.

Jamie <3

Seriously, this is just hilarious. Some hints of smuggling going on and everyone went "are Lego doing something with the prohibition"? And then it turns out it's about cookies and candy.

I'm seriously gonna put a gang of Friends up in the kitchen making prohibited cookies for everyone.

Lego sent out a VIP only "early access" thing for tomorrow. Considering the only major unreleased sets we know about, could they possibly be selling this and/or Slave 1 already?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Detective's Office is a must get for me; though I have to pick up Palace Cinema and Parisian Restaurant first.

On the backside picture it looks like the woman is coming onto the roof to beat the detective with that rolling pin.

Man, the inhabitants of this building are brutal.

MisterNoisy

Figured I'd post part of my LEGO shelf at the office - it's nice to have one of the big cubicles:

pqmqweY.jpg

kitzkozan

Figured I'd post part of my LEGO shelf at the office - it's nice to have one of the big cubicles:

pqmqweY.jpg

Kudos for collecting Galaxy Squad and Monster Fighters sets. :D I'm also a fan of both theme, but I mixed the squad stuff with some Lego space (including the exo-suit and the series 12 space miner minifig).

Rootbeer

Banned
I love the candy prohibition backstory they worked in to the new modular. Just screams LEGO to me. The building is quite nice too!

ghostmind

As usual, I'm checking the designer video intro to see what clues we can get to other future D2C sets:

Jamie Berard - Detective's Office
Marcos Bessa - UCS Helicarrier
Olav Krøigaard & someone I don't recognize - UCS TIE Fighter

ghostmind

1098.gif

EDIT: It looks...small in that pic. I wanted something SSD sized. At the same time, a set about the size that he is showing is probably well over 2000 pieces anyways.

It looks like the bow of the helicarrier, with a mini-size quinjet floating above. If so, then this is just the tip of the front - the whole thing could be quite massive.

CUfybVn.jpg

It looks like the bow of the helicarrier, with a mini-size quinjet floating above. If so, then this is just the tip of the front - the whole thing could be quite massive.

CUfybVn.jpg
Yeah. I forgot how far back it went. And I hope they have the rotating jetway on top like in that pic.
And the turbines will probably be huge. Well, they are repulser engines now.

After going back through Simpsons House, I have cooled considerably on it. If it is an indication of what Bessa would do if he got a Modular, then I don't know if it would be a good thing. The best part of Simpsons House was the little furniture and things in it.

However, when it comes to vehicles (Quinjet, Milano) or playsets (Ewok Village), Bessa is really, really damn good in my opinion. Maybe it is best they leave him with the super hero stuff and make some cool vehicles.

Now to wonder if the Helicarrier will be swooshable without breaking your back while doing it.

R-User!

After going back through Simpsons House, I have cooled considerably on it. If it is an indication of what Bessa would do if he got a Modular, then I don't know if it would be a good thing. The best part of Simpsons House was the little furniture and things in it.

However, when it comes to vehicles (Quinjet, Milano) or playsets (Ewok Village), Bessa is really, really damn good in my opinion. Maybe it is best they leave him with the super hero stuff and make some cool vehicles.

Now to wonder if the Helicarrier will be swooshable without breaking your back while doing it.

Watch out, you might need a back brace.

That Detective Agency is a home run! Definitely getting it even though all my other modulars are still in boxes unbuilt because I have space issues. :(

FYI, it looks like TRU marked up almost every Monster Fighters set prior to the sale.

The Castle retails for $119 but now it's 40% off of $149.

Gross.

ruxtpin

Banned
I can't remember who in the crew on this thread said it, but wasn't there some other big Lego Movie related set that was supposed to be revealed? I can go back and look through my posts later (on the phone and it's a hassle at the moment). For said poster, is that secret set still waiting to be revealed?

Rootbeer

Banned
FYI, it looks like TRU marked up almost every Monster Fighters set prior to the sale.

Gross.

Hahahaha, those SOBs. Should have saw this coming.

My local TRU has none anyway, however they do have lots of Galaxy Squad.

Gross.

And this is exactly why I don't buy anything from them unless it's an exclusive. Them poor uninformed parents and grandparents. They don't know how they're being taken advantage of.

Detective Office looks fantastic. I'll definitely buy it, I just need to get some others first. I'm going to put an order in next month for either Pet Shop or PR.. Might go the Pet Shop just because it's older.

Detective Office looks fantastic. I'll definitely buy it, I just need to get some others first. I'm going to put an order in next month for either Pet Shop or PR.. Might go the Pet Shop just because it's older.

Definitely get Pet Shop. I've heard rumors that it may retire early next year, but who knows for sure. Better to be safe than sorry. You'll have plenty of time to get PR.

And just like that, there was a flat 25% off any Lego at BR Toys this weekend. So I finally caved and bought Palace Cinema. It will look lovely in my new modular town... until I realize that I was saving the last space for Detective's Office. Now what? :D

Ponn

Banned
Typical playing coy Lego. Got an email saying VIP special offers this saturday in store and at Lego S@H. Said to click here for more info, clicked annnnnnd nothing. Gee, thanks.

Typical playing coy Lego. Got an email saying VIP special offers this saturday in store and at Lego S@H. Said to click here for more info, clicked annnnnnd nothing. Gee, thanks.

15% off a bunch of sets. I am buying dolphin cruiser at midnight for a stocking stuffer.

Arkham Asylum is 15% off too. Full list is at Toysnbricks.

Ryuuroden

And just like that, there was a flat 25% off any Lego at BR Toys this weekend. So I finally caved and bought Palace Cinema. It will look lovely in my new modular town... until I realize that I was saving the last space for Detective's Office. Now what? :D

Time to make a bigger spot :p

Ryuuroden

Yeah, Toys and Bricks says these deals for Lego store and S@H on Saturday for Europe and Oceania. All of the following at 15% off and an addition 5% off if you spend over 100 euro. Gee, I hope the USA gets this deal.... I would totally jump on the Opera House.

-City 60004 Fire Station
-Friends 41015 Dolphin Cruiser
-10508 Deluxe Train Set
-10937 Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout
-10241 Maersk Line Triple-E
-10240 Star Wars Red Five X-Wing Starfighter
-10234 Sydney&#8217;s Opera House (UCS version)
-10233 Horizon Express
-10226 Sopwith Camel

EDIT: afaik the USA will get no sales though

Yeah, Toys and Bricks says these deals for Lego store and S@H on Saturday for Europe and Oceania. All of the following at 15% off and an addition 5% off if you spend over 100 euro. Gee, I hope the USA gets this deal.... I would totally jump on the Opera House.

EDIT: afaik the USA will get no sales though

Lame. I have $150 in VIP and it's my birthday tomorrow so my present to myself would have been EEE, AA, and Horizon Express.

To everyone that messaged me about the Rocket polybags: I didn't forget about you. I'm in Buffalo and haven't been able to make it to the post office yet for international shipping quotes.

Google Buffalo snow storm for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom