• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone here own the Destiny's Bounty (Ninjago)? I have seen it on sale a store and am tempted to get it solely for value (pieces or maybe even resale later hmm) Is it a decent set overall though? I normally don't buy sets purely because it's a good deal if i don't really like it myself though

Well, I've done it. I've reached twat-level: maximum.

Just spent far, far too much money on a modular Town Hall. It's as cheap as I'll ever get it, I think, but still way more than I should have spent.

Oh well, at least now I have every modular from the Fire Brigade onwards so all the gaps in my collection are just the first three at the beginning.

Still, for fuck's sake. I never should have bought that bloody Detective's Office. I was fine before I built that. I WAS FINE.

I should update graphic and put a modular set.

8460519926_89ecdde56e_m.jpg

Anyone here own the Destiny's Bounty (Ninjago)? I have seen it on sale a store and am tempted to get it solely for value (pieces or maybe even resale later hmm) Is it a decent set overall though? I normally don't buy sets purely because it's a good deal if i don't really like it myself though

Do you mean the Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty or the one in the earlier waves?
I plan on getting the Final Flight one. It's much beefier and better looking than the first one.

ghostmind

I own the first one from 2012 - the newer one is larger and bulkier (like BentBricks said), but the sails & rigging on the original are better.

Hmmm i mean the newer one actually... didn't know there was an earlier version. I guess i will check out some reviews to see how it fares then

edit: just watched Jang's take on it and...apart from the sails, yeah, what a great set, even if he thinks it's not necessarily a MUST buy, it convinced me enough to grab this one at reduced price :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well apparently Lego decided to ship part of my order already so I can't cancel it. Sent them an email asking if they can add the train to the second half of the order or cancel The Birds so I can re-order it.

Well, I've done it. I've reached twat-level: maximum.

Just spent far, far too much money on a modular Town Hall. It's as cheap as I'll ever get it, I think, but still way more than I should have spent.

Oh well, at least now I have every modular from the Fire Brigade onwards so all the gaps in my collection are just the first three at the beginning.

Still, for fuck's sake. I never should have bought that bloody Detective's Office. I was fine before I built that. I WAS FINE.

Good. Now bricklink Market Street, Café Corner and Green Grocer.

Good. Now bricklink Market Street, Café Corner and Green Grocer.

OMG NO! STOP!!

Seriously though, I need to take a break. I bought my first modular on August 1st, and 2.5 months later I have seven of them, three of them costing significantly more than the RRP - I'll get the bank and then that's it for a looooong time I think. Maybe one day!

How is the quality of these knockoffs? Do the raptors look and feel the same as the real thing?

They're pretty much perfect, even under very close scrutiny. The little trex and indominus are great.

I mentioned earlier that I have the big versions on the way. I'll post pics and reviews when I have them all.

By the way Sainsburies have the series 14 minis for £1.99 but they weren't marked as reduced

I completed our set by getting the spider woman, witch and ghoul must have spent 45 minutes feeling them.

Also got an £8 voucher on way out so picked up the Scooby mummy set.

Eskimo - are your big Dinos from China as well? Let me know if they are worthwhile as I wouldn't mind picking them up

neonglow

They're pretty much perfect, even under very close scrutiny. The little trex and indominus are great.

I mentioned earlier that I have the big versions on the way. I'll post pics and reviews when I have them all.

Nice. I also ordered both of the big ones too. At $25 for both, I was like why not and see how they stack up against the ones I already have.

So my GF messaged me at work, and I look at my smart watch and see a message that said "TRIPLE POINTS ON EVERYTHING 10/22-10/26"

So I'm getting super excited thinking the Lego Store was doing an even better promotion, until I open up the message and see it's a sale at the Columbia Outlet.

Talk about dreams crushed. Was going to get the Detective's Agency...

The longer you wait, the cheaper they'll get too. When new figs come out, they'll always have a higher price. It's still super cheap, but people who penny count would benefit from staying a wave behind. Just an FYI!

Omg the company that makes the baby T-Rex and Indominous has a set of a bunch of dinos including a scaled-down version of the old Lego Dinos triceratops *smashes Buy button*

If they were able to scale down the mould of the big one, I really hope that means eventually a regular sized one will hit the market. I'm so bummed they didn't reuse him and made the dilophosaurus insead *smdh*

I wonder why everywhere I look only 3 of the 4 new raptors are available? Separate or in sets, nobody seems to have made a Delta.

ThisOne

Anyone interested in Holiday Train 40138 that doesn't want to spend the $99 to get it from S@H? I got one but decided I don't really want it so I'd be willing to sell. Please PM me if you're interested.

C-3PO polybag found IN FLORIDA!

Keep your eyes open gents

Can't wait to get this

Sucks to be in Cali if you are a toy collector. Everything reaches us last it feels like T__T

You can find a review and pics of the UPC (have TRU scan it... they can tell if other stores nearby have it) http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114248

EcMBuZt.jpg

I shall hit up TRU after work tomorrow then. Although the TRU here in Southern KY gets stuff late all the time.

AT-DP polybag sighted at toys r us in the US. Unfortunately they wouldn't sell it to me. Perhaps it's an upcoming giveaway which is good news if you missed it earlier this year.

I got the last 2 mini modulars too.

wetwired

C-3PO polybag found IN FLORIDA!

Keep your eyes open gents

Can't wait to get this

Sucks to be in Cali if you are a toy collector. Everything reaches us last it feels like T__T

You can find a review and pics of the UPC (have TRU scan it... they can tell if other stores nearby have it) http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114248

EcMBuZt.jpg

I was gonna get one to replace my one in an Ikea frame for the OT until I realized it had a red arm :/

Rootbeer

Banned
Called my TRU. They said they had 200 of them but couldn't find it. Same thing happened with the Rocket polybag from last year. Means the manager has it locked away till 11/1.

YMMV.

200 seems like a lot, but if the stores let people buy them outside of the promo, they will move pretty fast. Maybe it won't be as popular as the Rocket promo but any Star Wars minifigure polybag is probably going to be snatched up fast by speculators. Buy one if you see them!
I was gonna get one to replace my one in an Ikea frame for the OT until I realized it had a red arm :/
On the surface it feels very obviously a way to boost interest in C-3PO merch because he looks a little different now. "Malibu Stacy has a new hat!" in the most blatant way imaginable. But, maybe i'll actually end up liking the story behind it once that hits the comics soon. The printing is nice, that much I'm sure about.

Omg the company that makes the baby T-Rex and Indominous has a set of a bunch of dinos including a scaled-down version of the old Lego Dinos triceratops *smashes Buy button*

If they were able to scale down the mould of the big one, I really hope that means eventually a regular sized one will hit the market. I'm so bummed they didn't reuse him and made the dilophosaurus insead *smdh*

I wonder why everywhere I look only 3 of the 4 new raptors are available? Separate or in sets, nobody seems to have made a Delta.

That's actually based on the Lego Jurrasic World video game. They base a lot of their figs from those games.

wetwired

On the surface it feels very obviously a way to boost interest in C-3PO merch because he looks a little different now. "Malibu Stacy has a new hat!" in the most blatant way imaginable. But, maybe i'll actually end up liking the story behind it once that hits the comics soon. The printing is nice, that much I'm sure about.

I don't mind if it's like that in the lore, it just means it won't fit in my OT frame

Got the remote control in my airship now. Nice to be able to adjust the speed. Funny enough, the lowest speed doesn't move it at all.

Now to get off my ass and finish the Halloween scene. I am taking it and my airship to the Makers Faire at BN in November. Anyone wanting to show off MOCs, it is a nice free way to show stuff off at your local stores.

wetwired

I thought you steered clear of SW stuff?

I do, I put together a collection of OT minifigs in a big ikea frame though. I think I bought 3 sets to pull that off and the rest were bricklinked or traded for. I got the desert skiff set for boba fett, luke, lando, Droid escape pod for C3PO, R2D2 and some stormtroopers and the T-16 for the new tusken raider.

I plan to update the figs if new, better ones come out, hence why I was hoping for a new fully chrome C3PO

TheFuzz

I mentioned this before, but these are two quick and dirty pics I snapped of my Arkham Asylum MOD/Modular. It's based off a few different ideas I've seen. Interior isn't done yet. This is my pride and joy as it was the first big purchase I made coming out of my dark ages, and my first time pursuing lots of parts for a MOC off Bricklink. *tear

SwLLgL2.jpg

G7JWs0n.jpg

Hope everyone likes it. There is a very similar one on EB that was a big inspiration (can't remember the poster). I'd like to "blow" out the back wall and have an escape occurring, but that'll be later on. There's also a spire or two that's leaning, I just moved it around so that's why.

I mentioned this before, but these are two quick and dirty pics I snapped of my Arkham Asylum MOD/Modular. It's based off a few different ideas I've seen. Interior isn't done yet. This is my pride and joy as it was the first big purchase I made coming out of my dark ages, and my first time pursuing lots of parts for a MOC off Bricklink. *tear

SwLLgL2.jpg

G7JWs0n.jpg

Hope everyone likes it. There is a very similar one on EB that was a big inspiration (can't remember the poster). I'd like to "blow" out the back wall and have an escape occurring, but that'll be later on. There's also a spire or two that's leaning, I just moved it around so that's why.

Oh, that is sexy. I can't wait to see the interior.

And yes, have a blown out section of the back wall. Or perhaps take a cue from Silver Mine Shootou, Hulk Lab Smash, or Indominous Rex Breakout and have it be interactive. Where the wall looks solid, but push a lever on one of the side walls and the back wall busts out to let the inmates out.

I've been on vacation - sorry if the question is duplicated. Did they ever fix the WALL-E set? I have it built, just never did a proper fix or didnt see any mention that LEGO would send out pieces etc.

Thanks!

I've been on vacation - sorry if the question is duplicated. Did they ever fix the WALL-E set? I have it built, just never did a proper fix or didnt see any mention that LEGO would send out pieces etc.

Thanks!
The fixed version is shipping in Feb. No word on a fix for those that already bought it.

I, and a few others too, posted some fixes we devised if you look for them. Sorry, I am on mobile and it is hard to search and paste.

That's actually based on the Lego Jurrasic World video game. They base a lot of their figs from those games.

They may have trikes in the Jurassic World game, but they're based off the actual Lego triceratops from the 2010 Dino theme:

and the tiny one in the batch of baby dinos is very much a shrunk down version of that:

But here's hoping that they make some new dinosaurs based off the game, like the stegosaurs, anklyosaurs, spinosaur, and maybe even the brachiosaurs if dreams do come true!!

Oh man that asylum is beautiful I can only dream of doing something on that scale.

3 bedroom house and my office is soon going to become the new babies room so nowhere to store built models. I would love to do some modulars as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom