• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like possible images for shark guy, awkward guy, and queen.

4kO58Ty.jpg

We're gonna need a Katy Perry minifig to go with Left Shark and Right Shark.

Kendo guy is EXTREMELY exciting, as they wear the same basic clothes my martial art does, so I can just remove the armor and helmet off one to have an instant jodo guy. I'm going to buy tens of that one! Maybe even more and make custom figures for my training friends. Also wondering if he'll have an actual kendo sword or something made from a 4L bar and a round 1x1 with hole in it.

Astronaut could be another modernized space guy, or possibly even a classic space guy. Supremely exciting if so.

Awkward Man might be someone who is very clumsy and a bit beaten up, maybe with crutches and broken glasses like a de-zombiefied Zombie Businessman?

Tribal Woman, Winged Warrior (translated as Flying Warrior elsewhere) and Satyr sound great too.

I probably won't complete this series like the monsters, but I bet there will be plenty of great stuff either way.

You appear to be right about awkward/clumsy man. I am excited about that one.

I agree about generic judo outfit. I'd like a few of those, but wouldn't it be similar to the Karate Master minifig in series 2? I kinda have an image of the Kendo Ninjago minifigs.

I dunno about astronaut still. They just came out with a whole subtheme of them. Maybe they'll do the orange suits instead of white. I'm always hoping LEGO surprises me with something really good that I didn't imagine.

ghostmind

Marvel Mighty Micros:

76064 Spiderman vs. Green Goblin
Tire missile with powerful helicopter Mighty Micros Spider-Man and pretend to take a picture with his camera. But beware, the Green Goblin launches its pumpkin-bomb! If the Green Goblin glider spreads its wings to fly, make turn the rotors and continue the pursuit in the sky!
Pursue the evil Green Goblin with Spider-Man!
To recreate a chase vehicle Mighty Micros helicopter Spider-Man includes rotors that spin and a missile, and the Green Goblin glider wings fold. With the bomb Pumpkin Goblin Green Goblin serum over the camera-picture Spider-Man, there are many elements to capture the imagination of young superhero. Includes 2 mini figures with legs: Spider-Man and the Green Goblin.
Aboard his helicopter Mighty Micros, Spider-Man go to poursuiste the Green Goblin's glider. Includes 2 mini figures with legs and matching accessories.
• Includes 2 mini figures with legs: Spider-Man and Green Goblin.
• Spread the rotors of the helicopter Mighty Micros Spiderman and pulls missile!
• Fold the wings of the Mighty Micros Green Goblin glider • Both vehicles have wheels turning.
• Includes pumpkin-bomb the Green Goblin and accessories: the camera-pictures of Spiderman and Green Goblin serum.
• A fun gift for young superhero!
• The helicopter Mighty Micros Spider-Man is more than 6 cm high, 7 cm long and 4 cm wide.
• The Mighty Green Goblin's glider Pickups measure more than 3 cm high, 6 cm long and 8 cm wide.

76065 Captain America vs. Red Skull
Lead the tank Mighty Micros Captain America to the very cool vehicle Red Skull. Repels missile Skull with Captain America's shield. Who will triumph in this battle fearsome Mighty Micros?
Dark in the fight against Red Skull with Captain America!
This set is designed for young superheroes to recreate a Mighty Micros fun battle between Captain America tank and vehicle Red Skull comprising 2 missiles. It includes the Captain America shield to repel missiles over the gun and Red Skull tesseract. Includes 2 mini figures with legs: Captain America and Red Skull.
The tank Mighty Micros Captain America and Red Skull vehicle with 2 missiles oppose for the win. Includes 2 mini figures with legs and matching accessories.
• Includes 2 mini figures with legs: Captain America and Red Skull.
• The tank Mighty Micros Captain America has a cannon in front.
• The vehicle Mighty Red Skull Pickups are 2 missiles.
• Both vehicles have wheels turning.
• Includes pistol Red Skull.
• Includes the following accessories: Captain America's shield and a tesseract.
• A fun gift for young superhero!
• The tank Mighty Micros Captain America is more than 6 cm high, 5 cm long and 4 cm wide.
• The Mighty Micros vehicle Red Skull is more than 5 cm high, 7 cm long and 4 cm wide.

76066 Hulk vs. Ultron
Ultron sinks towards the Hulk green machine cool with big fists. Repairs to the vehicle Ultron Mighty Micros with wrench and raises and lowers the tentacles. Then take a break with Hulk to eat a chicken leg! Who will triumph? It's up to you to decide !
Dive into the battle between Hulk and Mighty Micros Ultron!
This fun battle Mighty Micros sees oppose the Hulk vehicle with big fists Hulk and the vehicle Ultron with mobile tentacles. This fun together young superheroes includes wrench Ultron and a chicken leg for Hulk. Includes 2 mini figures with legs: Hulk and Ultron.
The vehicle Mighty Micros Ultron with moving tentacles and Hulk vehicle with big fists oppose to win the battle. Includes 2 mini figures with legs and a chicken leg.
• Includes 2 mini figures with legs: Hulk and Ultron.
• Turn the large green fists vehicle Mighty Micros Hulk.
• Raises and lowers the vehicle tentacles Mighty Micros Ultron.
• Both vehicles have wheels turning.
• Includes the following accessories: chicken leg Hulk and wrench Ultron.
• A fun gift for young superhero! Hulk
• The Mighty Micros vehicle measuring more than 3 cm high, 5 cm long and 5 cm wide.
• The Mighty Micros vehicle Ultron measuring over 6 cm high, 7 cm long and 9 cm wide.

ghostmind

76048 Iron Skull Submarine Attack
Iron Skull in Captain America has locked his formidable submarine Iron Skull! Plunges deeply with Iron Man in diving suit to save your fellow Avenger. Repel the attacks of the diver on his Hydra underwater jet and avoids like guns submarine. Then confronts Iron Skull and fight it to free Captain America in diving suit!
Plunges to rescue Captain America Iron Skull and his submarine!
Beware of underwater ambush with the Iron Skull Underwater with 4 guns and like a cage on a chain to capture Captain America in diving suit. Iron Man plunges to rescue him, but watch the underwater jet of Hydra diver! Includes 4 minifigures: Iron Man in diving suit, Captain America dressed in diving, a diver Iron Skull and Hydra.
Iron Man plunges to release Captain America dressed dive of the Iron Skull underwater cage and chained with 4 guns like plus the underwater jet Hydra.
• Includes 4 minifigures: Iron Man in diving suit, Captain America dressed in diving, a diver Iron Skull and Hydra.
• The Iron Skull submarine includes a red skull logo, opening cockpit, a cage with a transparent red door that opens and a chain to attach and release Captain America in diving suit, 4 guns tenon and a storage compartment for the Iron Skull equipment.
• The jet submarine Hydra plunger includes two harpoons.
• Find a way to enter the Iron Skull submarine and help Captain America outfit diving to escape the evil Hydra.
• Includes the following accessories: propellants for the feet and hands of Iron Man in diving suit and Iron Skull, oxygen bottles and Captain America fins and Hydra, and Captain America's shield held diving.
• Also includes a comic book.
• The submarine is more than 9 cm high, 23 cm long and 12 cm wide.
• The underwater jet diver Hydra measures more than 4 cm long, 4 cm wide and less than 2 cm.

76049 Avenjet Space Mission
The formidable Thanos and Hyperion are preparing to attack Earth! Help Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Captain America to stop them with the Avenjet ultra fast! Attack with missiles, then separates the mini-jet and shoot with rifles stand. Can superhero save the planet?
Prevents Thanos to invade planet Earth with Avenjet 2-in-1!
Battles erupt into space with the Marvel super heroes and their Avenjet 2-in-1 with cockpits that open, 4 missiles, a hatch opens and a mini spray guns with 2 detachable studs. Includes 4 minifigures: Captain Marvel, Iron Man dressed in space, Captain America dressed in space as well as Hyperion and a large figurine Thanos.
To help superheroes to protect Earth against Thanos and Hyperion, the Avenjet 2-in-1 includes a detachable mini-jet, missiles and guns to hold.
• Includes 4 minifigures: Captain Marvel, Iron Man dressed in space, Captain America dressed in space and Hyperion and great figure of Thanos.
• The Avenjet 2-in-1 includes a main opening cockpit, 4 missiles, a hatch opens and a mini-jet with a detachable cockpit that opens and two rifles like.
• Detach the mini-jet and shoot with the tenons guns to defeat Thanos and Hyperion.
• Weapons include boots breast like Thanos
• Includes the following accessories: propellants for hand and feet Iron Man dressed in space, and the respirator, and the shield of Captain America jetpack dressed from space.
• Iron Man dressed in space has a space suit.
• Iron Man dressed in space stands inside the Avenjet under the detachable mini-jet.
• Also includes a comic book.
• The Avenjet measuring more than 8 cm high, 27 cm long and 27 cm wide.
• The mini-jet detachable measure more than 4 cm high, 11 cm long and 20 cm wide.

76050 Captain America: Civil War 1
76051 Captain America: Civil War 2
76052 Captain America: Civil War 3

scilego

Neo Member
Guys a little help.

I got 80$ in lego points just burning to be spent.

Do I go for: 1) the first order tie and a small set? 2) Cantina and a small set? Or 3) kick in the extra cash for Tydirium?!?

Yep. Use that $80 towards a set you wouldn't normally buy!

Yup. A hefty discount like that takes a huge sting out of the giant sets. You built up that balance for a reason. And it is also good to abuse it on something you can't usually find discounted elsewhere like most of the sets you listed occasionally get.

Maengun1

Wait so the themed CMF summer wave might not be a Series 3 of the Simpsons?

There's been absolutely no evidence of further Simpsons minifig series as far as I know, and speculation of other stuff instead (Disney).

I'll be bummed if the Simpsons line is over. I'm a huge fan (<--- obviously), and in fact it was the first line of Simpsons minifigs that got me into the minifig blind bags in the first place! I just hadn't paid attention to them before that.

Of course it couldn't go forever, but if there is no future line it makes some of the character decisions pretty disappointing. We got really unnecessary alts of the family and even Milhouse in series 2, but no Principal Skinner? Sideshow Bob? Moe and the gang, come on! We got Moleman though which is a dream come true for me, lol.

Hopefully the sales of the big yearly sets are strong enough to keep that going, and maybe we get a new exclusive minifig or 2 in them.

Rootbeer

Banned
I want more Simpsons minifigs but I don't want it more than a Disney minifig series... assuming they are REAL minifigs with custom heads like Simpsons and not those "doll" Friends minifigs.

I guess the better question, at least as far as I'm concerned, is once we get Disney CMF Series 1, where do we go after that? Would we rather have Disney Series 2 or Simpsons Series 3? So many tough choices in life T__T

76049 Avenjet Space Mission
The formidable Thanos and Hyperion are preparing to attack Earth! Help Iron Man, Captain Marvel and Captain America to stop them with the Avenjet ultra fast! Attack with missiles, then separates the mini-jet and shoot with rifles stand. Can superhero save the planet?

Hyperion! Talk about an obscure character for non-comic people. I'm hyped for Hyperion!
It may have been mentioned before, but with so much stuff I probably forgot. I'm excited for Thanos too, but I was expecting him to show up sooner or later.

Hoping for Black Panther to make a cameo in the Civil War sets. I'm not sure LEGO will do Black Panther movie sets.

Hyperion! Talk about an obscure character for non-comic people. I'm hyped for Hyperion!
It may have been mentioned before, but with so much stuff I probably forgot. I'm excited for Thanos too, but I was expecting him to show up sooner or later.

Hoping for Black Panther to make a cameo in the Civil War sets. I'm not sure LEGO will do Black Panther movie sets.
Time for Hyperion and Thor figures to bro out.

You appear to be right about awkward/clumsy man. I am excited about that one.

I agree about generic judo outfit. I'd like a few of those, but wouldn't it be similar to the Karate Master minifig in series 2? I kinda have an image of the Kendo Ninjago minifigs.

I dunno about astronaut still. They just came out with a whole subtheme of them. Maybe they'll do the orange suits instead of white. I'm always hoping LEGO surprises me with something really good that I didn't imagine.

Kees_Peter.jpg

Jodo, not judo.

We do indeed have the karate master already for a generic gi body, and I think some of the early Ninjago figures have decent parts, but getting an actual kendo gi (blue keikogi and hakama) is very cool. It also keeps the kendo helmet in use a bit longer, and it will probably give us more black armor pieces (those were extremely rare before).

scilego

Neo Member
Buy like 20 keychains

Best idea by far.

I've thought about the ucs route, but I've already got Slave 1 and sex wing. I'm kinda eh about the tie.

I was thinking I could use the dough to take a nice chunk out of the Detective Agency, but it's the age old story - we've had a kid, buckling down to buy a house in the Boston burbs, blah blah - so my lego spending has had to cool off and was thinking I'd use the lego cash to get sets I wouldn't normally have picked up.

I'm working on a MOC, and I just figured out how to mount two 8x6 Technic rectangular bricks around a core Technic beam vertical structure, and still keep them in regular system distances so that they connect to the surrounding structures as well. Which means that everything reinforces everything else. Feels good.

I'm working on a MOC, and I just figured out how to mount two 8x6 Technic rectangular bricks around a core Technic beam vertical structure, and still keep them in regular system distances so that they connect to the surrounding structures as well. Which means that everything reinforces everything else. Feels good.

Can you post a pic? I can't visualize that.

Can you post a pic? I can't visualize that.

bPPh2LM.jpg

Actually, the gap between the upper and lower dark blue parts is somehow sliiiiightly larger than three vertical bricks so it doesn't quite connect in the back, but I'll cover that up (and it won't show anyway). But the large 14x6 plates fit just perfectly on this setup and are very easy to SNOT into the base section.

Picked up the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ today with a 15% off coupon at Toys R Us, combined with the free Bricktober mini modular. I've now got every Ultra Agents set except for the Ultracopter, Ultrasonic Showdown, and AntiMatter's Portal Hideout. I'll get Ultrasonic Showdown when Toys R Us does a promo for a free polybag or something, but I'm probably passing on the Ultracopter and Portal Hideout unless I can find them at a big discount.

Ryuuroden

Picked up the Ultra Agents Ocean HQ today with a 15% off coupon at Toys R Us, combined with the free Bricktober mini modular. I've now got every Ultra Agents set except for the Ultracopter, Ultrasonic Showdown, and AntiMatter's Portal Hideout. I'll get Ultrasonic Showdown when Toys R Us does a promo for a free polybag or something, but I'm probably passing on the Ultracopter and Portal Hideout unless I can find them at a big discount.

The copter is so cool tho....

TheFuzz

Went to Lego store with intentions of grabbing a smallish Star Wars set. Wife went with me....

We saw a Jokerland display set up and neither of us expected it to be as "big" as it was. Wife says "forget Star Wars, let's get that to go with our Arkham set. It's more points for the bank coming up, anyway."

As you wish, m'lord. Looking forward to building this!

neonglow

guys, do we now when these new architecture sets and the skylines will be released?

Everything that is leaking is for first half of 2016. They're all coming from retailer catalogs for stores to make inventory purchases for next year. If I were to guess, it'll be available within first 3 months of 2016.

Maengun1

Excited for clumsy man now if it's crutches and bandages. There's a space guy in the back so maybe that's the astronaut.

Looks like possible images for shark guy, awkward guy, and queen.

4kO58Ty.jpg

Those 3 look amazing! The queen and shark guy are pretty expected (still great), but I love how they come up with things like crutches guy that I would never think of!

Ponn

Banned
Best idea by far. .

Do it, become the keychain master! Order 20 Cragger keychains to make the warehouse people go "WTF!?" When packing it. Then slip the keychains in Salvation Army bell ringer buckets over the holidays. Fulfill your glorious destiny.

I got my lights order today. Didnt get the Ferris Wheel lights but a bunch to use in my Christmas display.

Took one out and it works well, will find out how long the battery ones last.

Ponn

Banned
Went to Lego store with intentions of grabbing a smallish Star Wars set. Wife went with me....

We saw a Jokerland display set up and neither of us expected it to be as "big" as it was. Wife says "forget Star Wars, let's get that to go with our Arkham set. It's more points for the bank coming up, anyway."

As you wish, m'lord. Looking forward to building this!

Jokerland is funnnn but fragile. If you dont have a batmobile yet you'll love the one in it. Its a shame if you want to build it with someone though because only one book. With all the separate builds that baffled me because it was the perfect set for multiple books.

Jokerland is funnnn but fragile. If you dont have a batmobile yet you'll love the one in it. Its a shame if you want to build it with someone though because only one book. With all the separate builds that baffled me because it was the perfect set for multiple books.
I love the single, square bound books, but miss the individual books per floor for the modulates. Was easy to divvy it up.

The copter is so cool tho....

Cool, but not cheap, and I can't find a good deal on it. I've been able to get most of the sets for around 50% off, except for Mission HQ (got it for $81) and Ocean HQ (the TRU deal mentioned already). Amazon has the UltraCopter for $64, but I don't need it that badly. If it hits $50 or less, I'll probably jump on it.

TheFuzz

I love the single, square bound books, but miss the individual books per floor for the modulates. Was easy to divvy it up.

Yeah we started it tonight and love it so far. We are just swapping steps while chatting and having a drink. Separate books work better but the nice bound booklet is nice too. Batmobile is a great build thus far. Really excited to finish it and then mod it further.

Yeah we started it tonight and love it so far. We are just swapping steps while chatting and having a drink. Separate books work better but the nice bound booklet is nice too. Batmobile is a great build thus far. Really excited to finish it and then mod it further.
If you have a tablet or laptop you can go to S@H, look up the set, and get a PDF of the instructions. That way you could both build at the same time if you wanted to.

Ryuuroden

Spiral bound is a pain in the ass to file but yeah

Also, building the Helicarrier right now. It's pretty awesome, way better than I expected really. The instruction booklet is almost 500 pages, lol.

Spiral bound is a pain in the ass to file but yeah

Also, building the Helicarrier right now. It's pretty awesome, way better than I expected really. The instruction booklet is almost 500 pages, lol.

That is a slow burn build. It takes a bit of time before it gets unwieldy in size, unlike the Super Star Destroyer. That thing got to four feet long in about 20 steps or so it seemed.

That is a slow burn build. It takes a bit of time before it gets unwieldy in size, unlike the Super Star Destroyer. That thing got to four feet long in about 20 steps or so it seemed.

I didn't know you actually bought it?

Damn, some day i might grab it but ONLY if it's at LEAST 40% off (will probably never happen sigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom