• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wallet cries, but I'm getting both for sure. If my higher paying job continues, I'm getting it to celebrate. If it doesn't, I'm getting it as one last extravagancy.

ruxtpin

Banned
Ordered the Ferris Wheel last night. Want to make good use of double VIP :) Also snagged a high-speed train on sale at Amazon for "free" - I say free because it was paid for by rewards from my company fitness program.

The missus and I are looking to move in the next 3-4 months, but my only requirement is a big basement. I need a dedicated Lego room. Want to go wild building a giant Lego city.

The missus and I are looking to move in the next 3-4 months, but my only requirement is a big basement. I need a dedicated Lego room. Want to go wild building a giant Lego city.

Just don't go all Mr. Business, mmkay?

latest

Osahi

This looks amazing. Jan 1 is going to be expensive. New modular and the Ghostbusters set?

I'm glad I'm not such a big Ghostbusters-fan, so I can easily skip (If it is true it will cost 350 euros or more, It's even an easier choice as that is way over my budget). I'll just get the modular, which I always buy together with my wife because she loves them too.

I'm probably going to cut some spending on Lego. For one I'm almost completely out of display space. Secondly we're probably buying an appartment in Portugal as an investment, so we'll have to cut some spening elswhere. (it's dirty cheap, we can't buy a house over here in Belgium for the next few years because it is so expensive to do and our savings are worthless with the low interest rates. So we'll probably take a small mortgage for the appartment and pay most of it back with rental income as a holiday appartment)

ghostmind

Details as I get them:

RTEvCYn.jpg

q2E6hWD.jpg

75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters
4,634 pieces.
US $349.99 - CA $399.99 - DE 349.99€ - UK £274.99 - DK 2999.00 DKK
Available January 1st.

Get ready to bust some ghosts at the Firehouse Headquarters!
Recreate iconic Ghostbusters™ scenes with the 2-story Firehouse Headquarters, featuring laboratory, living quarters, containment unit and much more. Capture the ghosts with the proton packs and restore order, or solve other supernatural cases! Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Library Ghost and Zombie Driver.
• Includes 9 minifigures: Peter Venkman, Raymond Stantz, Egon Spengler, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, Dana Barrett, Louis Tully, Zombie Driver and Library Ghost.
• Also comes with Slimer, Pink Ghost and Blue Ghost.
• Slide the Ghostbusters™ heroes down the fire pole into action.
• Chase the ghosts and secure them in the containment unit.
• Turn the librarian old lady into a scary ghost with the double-sided face and extra wig!
• Run tests on Louis in the lab to see if he’s possessed!
• Suspend ghosts around the building’s exterior with attachable transparent arms.
• Dodge the slime oozing up through cracks in the pavement.
• Accessory elements include an alarm bell, fire extinguisher, computer, phone, toolbox, tools, jars of slimes, magnifying glass, camera, camera rolls, arcade game, toaster with slime, fridge with frozen pizza, milk and cheese, and much more!
• Features opening walls for easy play access.
• Ghostbusters™ minifigures come with decorated arms.
• Measures over 14” (36cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
• With walls opened out, measures over 14” (36cm) high, 18” (46 cm) wide and 14” (38cm) deep.
• Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning January 2016 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

TadDYOj.jpg

It's a Bessa set!

Osahi

Price per part is great then (even better then the modulars), but because there are so many parts it is still waaaay to expensive for me :p

ghostmind

That makes it the 3rd highest piece count ever, right?

For actual sets (and not just parts collections), yes.

10189 Taj Mahal (5,922 pieces)
10179 UCS Millennium Falcon (5,197 pieces)
78727 Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters (4,634 pieces)
10214 Tower Bridge (4,287 pieces)
10188 UCS Death Star (3,803 pieces)
10143 UCS Death Star II (3,441 pieces)
10181 Eiffel Tower (3,428 pieces)
75059 UCS Sandcrawler (3,296 pieces)
10196 Grand Carousel (3,263 pieces)
10221 UCS Super Star Destroyer (3,152 pieces)

TheFuzz

I really want it. But when you realize that you could buy TWO modulars with that price, it's very hard to justify.

Will wait for full pics, but right now it's hard for me to justify what money/space I have for this. Despite GB being one of my favorites of all time.

Any word if Ecto-1 will fit in there?

Ryuuroden

I really want it. But when you realize that you could buy TWO modulars with that price, it's very hard to justify.

Will wait for full pics, but right now it's hard for me to justify what money/space I have for this. Despite GB being one of my favorites of all time.

Yes, it fits in the building

It's also about double the piece count, though.

I'd like to get it, but that's an awful lot of my Lego budget. I'm conflicted. Will definitely need to see it in person at my Lego store before any decision is made.

I'm excited to see the inside, but I'm definitely on the "I think I'd just buy two modulars instead" side of things right now. Or "dump that money into bricklinking Town Hall/Green Grocer/Haunted House," maybe.

Though I've still never watched ghostbusters. If I do get it it'll be to have a huge-ass building not because of loving the film.

Osahi

Ahh! Venkman is slimed. Figures are awesome.... Slowly losing willpower now

Can't really see how it willl open up like the discription mentions... Like the modulars it seems, butfrom the discription I had the feeling it folded open like simpsons house.

ghostmind

It's 32 wide but way deeper (48) than a modular. Man, that gives some context to the scale. Huge.

Ghostbusters Firehouse:

Brick Bank:
• Measures over 10” (26cm) high, 10” (25cm) wide and 10” (25cm) deep.

Haunted House:
• Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep

Town Hall:
• Measures 20” (50 cm) high and 10” (25.5 cm) wide

Can't really see how it willl open up like the discription mentions... Like the modulars it seems, butfrom the discription I had the feeling it folded open like simpsons house.

It sorta looks like each story could be removable, but that wouldn't match with what the description is saying about the walls opening...

kitzkozan

Most of my VIP points will expire in October 2016, so I'll cash them in with this expensive set. I was thinking of getting the Seacow in November, but I would rather keep the money for the Ghostbuster firehouse.

I'll just limit myself to 2-3 sets next year, so this Firehouse along with the potential 2016 christmas set and some SW stuff.

Thank God that doesn't quite fit in the modular street and it would be completely and utterly 100% impossible to modify it to do so, so there's no need for me to buy it.

Completely and utterly 100% impossible.

tuffy

It could open up into an "L" shape, assuming the walls on the left side are resting on flat pieces rather than anchored in place and there aren't any studded pieces getting in the way on the sidewalk on that side. Zooming into the picture, it does look like a potential hinge on the upper left and a narrow split point down the roof about 5 studs in from the left.

It could open up into an "L" shape, assuming the walls on the left side are resting on flat pieces rather than anchored in place and there aren't any studded pieces getting in the way on the sidewalk on that side. Zooming into the picture, it does look like a potential hinge on the upper left and a narrow split point down the roof about 5 studs in from the left.

Yup, you're right, I can see the seam now. It runs right next to the structure on the roof. The main part will be quite deep, but the other's gonna be very narrow.

Ghostbusters Firehouse:

Brick Bank:
• Measures over 10” (26cm) high, 10” (25cm) wide and 10” (25cm) deep.

Haunted House:
• Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep

Town Hall:
• Measures 20” (50 cm) high and 10” (25.5 cm) wide

Oh wow, so even shorter than the Haunted House. That having been said it's one giant block of bricks vs. the angled peak of HH.

My memory is totally shot. I had to Google Brick Bank to figure out what set that was. Completely forgot that we already found out about it.

Strange that TLG lists Town Hall as .5 cm wider than the Brick Bank.

Rootbeer

Banned
Pretty much sold on ghostbusters but to truly seal the deal I need to see those interiors!!!

The minifigs are great though. I love that Venkman has a 'slimed' print -- you can still get his updated unslimed print in the LEGO Dimensions set (with patches on his arms etc.) LEGO is doing a pretty good job of spreading the exclusive prints out to entice people into getting the Dimensions sets. AFAIC, the more they minimize the repeat prints, the better.

Looks cool, but $350 is waaaay too much money for the size of the set. It's why I get the modular sets, they're a great value for both their size and piece count. This is a good value for the piece count, but there's so many small pieces in my opinion it's just not worth what you get. There's a point where its less about piece count and more about the size of the thing. 14 inches tall and 14 inches deep is big, but not $350 big. To me it would need to be around the size of the super star destroyer to justify that price. I'd rather have two modluars and a $50 set than one ghostbusters firehouse.

And frankly the designs of the modulars are way more visually interesting as well. That building is just too boring of a design to me.

DemiMatt

Well I really want the Fire Brigade, but due to price I'll pass, this however will make a splendid replacement!

Now to buy the Ecto 1 before they sell out!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
• Firehouse Headquarters doors can open to fit the 21108 LEGO® Ideas Ghostbusters Ecto-1 inside!

ffs now I need to buy it.

edit: Saw the price. Lol 350 euros for Lego, nope sorry.

Price per part is great then (even better then the modulars), but because there are so many parts it is still waaaay to expensive for me :p

As much as we joke about buying LEGO here, you have to do what's financially right for you. That said...

Think of it as an investment. :) Also, all that light bley and dark red are great parts.

I wonder what % of Firehouse modular can be made from Ghostbuster HQ parts alone.

9 figs + 3 ghosts.
With the piece count the price point is actually pretty fair.

The purple banshee....I mean ghost is great. LEGO is making good re-use of the new Ninjago parts.

OVER 4000!

LOL

We haven't seen it's opened up form yet. Just Sayin'

Well I really want the Fire Brigade, but due to price I'll pass, this however will make a splendid replacement!

Now to buy the Ecto 1 before they sell out!

Good call. You can make an alternate version of Fire Brigade with the Ghostbuster HQ, but why bother. :)

Good to know it does NOT actually fit with the modulars (unless you want this thing sticking out like a sore thumb in the front that is)

That means i have a way to justify NOT having to get this. The thing is, while the interior may be splendid (and i am sure it is with Bessa designing) but... in the end when it's all said and done this looks more and more like a giant playset to me than a display piece. Something that cannot be said for the modular buildings as they, even without looking at the inside, look marvelous and incredibly intricate and detailed from the outside. The outside here may be accurate to the movie, but on it's own it's really a rather simple look to me. Kinda like the Fire Brigade, only less interesting.

We shall see, i am leaning toward no right now, but as always, this isn't final yet...

ghostmind

Good to know it does NOT actually fit with the modulars (unless you want this thing sticking out like a sore thumb in the front that is)

That means i have a way to justify NOT having to get this. The thing is, while the interior may be splendid (and i am sure it is with Bessa designing) but... in the end when it's all said and done this looks more and more like a giant playset to me than a display piece. Something that cannot be said for the modular buildings as they, even without looking at the inside, look marvelous and incredibly intricate and detailed from the outside. The outside here may be accurate to the movie, but on it's own it's really a rather simple look to me. Kinda like the Fire Brigade, only less interesting.

We shall see, i am leaning toward no right now, but as always, this isn't final yet...

I'm going to integrate it into my modular street. I'd also like to include Arkham if I can get around to modding it, and the Haunted House might still be separate, but still off to the side.

With two fire stations on the street, I think we are due for a modular police station sometime soon - I'm sure LEGO has been itching to do that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom