• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSNV0r5W0AAz9sp.jpg:large

Scrambling to finish my Halloween MOC before Saturday. If I do not finish by then, I need it done by November 6th to take it to the BN Maker Faire and show it off. I was just so tired most of the last few months and didn't spend my free time working on it now I am in crunch mode. I feel it could have been grander and more magnificent if I spent more time on it, but I am still happy thus far.

I have two 48x48 plates done, and am now fleshing out the third one. I am planning add a row of plates to the front to make the final footprint as 144x70 studs. The church will be at the center, with a creepy forest/graveyard surrounding the rest of it.

Once I get the grounds all laid out, I need to finish my brick built Lucifer. I have the body down and am very, very happy with it. I just can't crack the head and make it look good to scale with the body. And I wanted some time to make a few hell beasts.

Shiggy

Are the Lego Ideas sets exclusive to the Lego store in Europe? The prices on Amazon are outrageous. Looking for the upcoming Doctor Who set.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Not in the UK. I've seen Ghostbusters & Wall-E in various other retailers.

This, I bought my Wall-E from Fenwicks in the UK, I've seen them around. My girlfriend got me the Ecto-1 for my birthday and I know she used Amazon.

teeny

Star Wars 2016 1H Constraction sets:

Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
Stormtrooper
Rey
Finn
Poe Dameron

Will definitely be getting Phasma. Maybe Kylo & Stormtrooper, depending on how they look.

Haven't been too keen on the organic sets so far, so will most likely skip the rest.

My Wall E order is stuck 'In Warehouse', I'm starting to get worried!

Saw a Craigslist ad near me for a bunch of random Lego yesterday. Three bins full of a lot of random stuff, some sets put together, others partially together, and one bin chock full of random pieces. They wanted $100 for it, which I felt was reasonable enough given the size of the lot, so I picked it up. As I'm digging through the stuff, I find a dark brown bear, which was from a couple of City Police sets back in 2012 (Forest Police Station and Robber's Hideout). I was curious what it goes for on Bricklink, and the cheapest U.S. seller I can find has new ones listed for $20!

Saw a Craigslist ad near me for a bunch of random Lego yesterday. Three bins full of a lot of random stuff, some sets put together, others partially together, and one bin chock full of random pieces. They wanted $100 for it, which I felt was reasonable enough given the size of the lot, so I picked it up. As I'm digging through the stuff, I find a dark brown bear, which was from a couple of City Police sets back in 2012 (Forest Police Station and Robber's Hideout). I was curious what it goes for on Bricklink, and the cheapest U.S. seller I can find has new ones listed for $20!

Nice score! I love sorting bulk Craigslist lots. You find all sorts of weird stuff.

I spent another afternoon feeling bags for Series 14 and missed the Plant Guy again. I felt the witch hat and broom stick and thought it was the Plant head and vine arms. I have two witches now. I think I may have to stop and be happy with 15 of 16.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This, I bought my Wall-E from Fenwicks in the UK, I've seen them around. My girlfriend got me the Ecto-1 for my birthday and I know she used Amazon.

Not in Germany either, Ghostbusters, Big Bang Theory, DeLorean and some others have been available as store exclusives.

Markus

I spent another afternoon feeling bags for Series 14 and missed the Plant Guy again. I felt the witch hat and broom stick and thought it was the Plant head and vine arms. I have two witches now. I think I may have to stop and be happy with 15 of 16.

I found that Plant Guy was the easiest to find of Series 14 by far. You can tell you have his package by the size of the buldge of the head piece as well as when you run you finger around the head, you can feel the lips

Actually, the gap between the upper and lower dark blue parts is somehow sliiiiightly larger than three vertical bricks so it doesn't quite connect in the back, but I'll cover that up (and it won't show anyway). But the large 14x6 plates fit just perfectly on this setup and are very easy to SNOT into the base section.

Interesting; looking forward to seeing what it is supporting.

Star Wars 2016 1H Constraction sets:

Kylo Ren
Captain Phasma
Stormtrooper
Rey
Finn
Poe Dameron

Just saw this. Good looking helmet.

Edit: It looks like we saw this months ago, and I just forgot.

ghostmind

Yeah, the Stormtrooper was an SDCC reveal.

It looks great, and I think Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma will as well.

Concerned about the three "human" faces.

I found that Plant Guy was the easiest to find of Series 14 by far. You can tell you have his package by the size of the buldge of the head piece as well as when you run you finger around the head, you can feel the lips
lol. I just don't have any experience there.

Yeah, the Stormtrooper was an SDCC reveal.

It looks great, and I think Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma will as well.

Concerned about the three "human" faces.

Yeah, I'm with you. I built Luke on the weekend and he looks terrible. Obi Wan is pretty solid, but that's due to the armor + cape + beard combo.

Be nice if Phasma has chrome parts, but I guess there's not much chance of that.

That would be great but I'd be surprised. It may be a similar metallic grey similar to the Jango fig. She might end up with a cool shoulder cape though.

Be nice if Phasma has chrome parts, but I guess there's not much chance of that.

Actual chrome won't happen, but I'd really like to see metallic silver. If it's flat silver, like the minifig, I'll pass. If it's metallic silver, I'll probably buy three to get armor parts for my own builds.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Where are my Ghostbusters Headquarters pictures?

Woorloog

Banned
I ordered a First Order Special Force TIE Fighter while ordering a monitor for new gaming PC. 70€ wasn't too bad, considering the thing seems to be around 80 in most places.

Gotta set up a scene with Poe's X-Wing once the TIE arrives and i build it...

But i swear i won't be getting any other legos anytime soon. Perhaps if there will be a new UCS Star Destroyer...

ruxtpin

Banned
Has anyone here dabbled with building ramps for train tracks? Just wondering how much length (straight tracks) I would need to raise the track enough for another train to pass underneath.

Has anyone here dabbled with building ramps for train tracks? Just wondering how much length (straight tracks) I would need to raise the track enough for another train to pass underneath.

I think Jang has experimented with this. Watch some of his train centered builds for his MOC city he is making... don't know which video it is since it might be multiple.

A lot I think. I read that the rule is 1 plate per length of straight track.

Finally unpacking my boxes from moving in september. Having modular buildings on the table = instant doubling of coziness in room. I need mooooooore.

Since it's close to Halloween I finally decided to check Walgreens for the CMF Series 14, they had em! I was so shocked because normally Walmart is on top of lego stuff but apparently not, they still have series 2 of the Simpsons.

My quest for Wolf guy continues sadly, as we've gotten 3 pirate zombies, 2 gargoyles, a rockenstein monster, and the feed me seymour cosplayer.

On that note I've gotten my mom addicted to them, she's swapping buying her usual lottery tickets for getting them. "You're always guaranteed to win something, even if you already have one."

Since it's close to Halloween I finally decided to check Walgreens for the CMF Series 14, they had em! I was so shocked because normally Walmart is on top of lego stuff but apparently not, they still have series 2 of the Simpsons.

My quest for Wolf guy continues sadly, as we've gotten 3 pirate zombies, 2 gargoyles, a rockenstein monster, and the feed me seymour cosplayer.

On that note I've gotten my mom addicted to them, she's swapping buying her usual lottery tickets for getting them. "You're always guaranteed to win something, even if you already have one."

oh shoot i need to check walgreens.....

Picked up the Parisian Restaurant today. Which means I probably won't be getting any of the November exclusive Gingerbread House nor the two Christmas holiday scene sets.

I think I'm OK with that.

ghostmind

I've decided to end my "Star Wars only" experiment, and go back to picking up other sets I like - along with all Star Wars sets. Just too many interesting things that came out this year, or are on the horizon.

So that said, I'm looking to pick up some sets that I missed this year that will be contending for my annual "Best of the Year" awards.

As such, my list probably won't be done until later in December.

Oh, and I've decided to pick up LEGO Dimensions - I've been watching some JANG play through videos, and the game is hitting all the right nostalgia buttons for me.

neonglow

Oh, and I've decided to pick up LEGO Dimensions - I've been watching some JANG play through videos, and the game is hitting all the right nostalgia buttons for me.

I'm waiting for Black Friday sales for this game. The starter pack should be discounted by 30-50% at least. The Buy 2 Get 1 Free on the Fun Packs should also be a matter of time judging from Skylanders/DI/Amiibos.

I'm waiting for Black Friday sales for this game. The starter pack should be discounted by 30-50% at least. The Buy 2 Get 1 Free on the Fun Packs should also be a matter of time judging from Skylanders/DI/Amiibos.

I've mostly decided that I want the game, but we'll see if I can wait a bit longer. If I do get it, there's a ton of figures I'd want to get. Maybe I can buy the tags separately on Bricklink, since I already have spare figures of Benny, Nya, Legolas, Shaggy, Eris et al. Obviously, the characters I want to play with are figures I bought already.

I just noticed that within one year, Lego prices seem to have gone up by quite a bit. I mean, i checked the 2014 Star Destroyer with 7 minifigs and 1359 pieces for 129.99 USD vs the new Millenium Falcon with 7 minifigs as well (all according to Brickset) and LESS PIECES for 149,99 USD

What gives? Is that just an isolated phenomenon, are there reasons for that markup (since both should have the SAME Star Wars mark up?) or is that a sign of things to come?

IHaveIce

Banned
Can't wait to see the first pictures of the Avengers Space mission set.

Also kinda sad that the minifig for the Marvel microfighter thingies are just the movie based figs. Wanted comic lookalike Ultron and Comic lookalike Loki

I just noticed that within one year, Lego prices seem to have gone up by quite a bit. I mean, i checked the 2014 Star Destroyer with 7 minifigs and 1359 pieces for 129.99 USD vs the new Millenium Falcon with 7 minifigs as well (all according to Brickset) and LESS PIECES for 149,99 USD

What gives? Is that just an isolated phenomenon, are there reasons for that markup (since both should have the SAME Star Wars mark up?) or is that a sign of things to come?

There's probably an additional Force Awakens tax over the ordinary Star Wars tax for some sets. Lego knows those sets will fly off shelves regardless.

But to be fair, this Falcon is only $10 more than the last version, and is improved as well.

There's probably an additional Force Awakens tax over the ordinary Star Wars tax for some sets. Lego knows those sets will fly off shelves regardless.

But to be fair, this Falcon is only $10 more than the last version, and is improved as well.

Hmmm, it also may be related due to the fact that the Falcon is probably a bit more "iconic" than the ISD...

the old one was 10 bucks cheaper but also had more pieces ironically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom