• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2U4QhJB.jpg

This is driving me crazy. What are those swirl cupcake frosting topping brown and pink pieces called? Can't seem to find them on Bricklink, so I am searching wrong.

Wanderer5

I feel like I going to cave in for that Ecto-1 sooner or later heh. Maybe I check that out instead of the Mystery Mansion for now.

The First Order TIE fighter caught my eye too. Any impressions on that one? Do either sets have any stickers?:p Don't feel like getting another sticker overload like the mystery machine.

robochimp

I feel like I going to cave in for that Ecto-1 sooner or later heh. Maybe I check that out instead of the Mystery Mansion for now.

The First Order TIE fighter caught my eye too. Any impressions on that one? Do either sets have any stickers?:p Don't feel like getting another sticker overload like the mystery machine.

Ecto-1 is a great set, a lot of love went into that one :). It's been a while but I'm pretty sure there are zero stickers.

I just built the First Order TIE. It's an OK build, it looks great. Like any TIE fighter, build the wings first to get the tedium out of the way. There are four small stickers.

The Mixer is to the right and the one with the glow in the dark pieces but can't even see it. I tried moving the black light around but nothing. My Glowkies lit right up though.
Can't see shit, but it still looks awesome.

I didn't finish my MOC in time, so need to scramble before next Saturday to show it off at the BN Maker Faire. I will get pics in a week at least.

Wanderer5

Ecto-1 is a great set, a lot of love went into that one :). It's been a while but I'm pretty sure there are zero stickers.

I just built the First Order TIE. It's an OK build, it looks great. Like any TIE fighter, build the wings first to get the tedium out of the way. There are four small stickers.

Alright cool. Think I just check out Ecto-1 then. Could go nice with the Mystery Machine in ways too.:p I got some barnes and nobles coupons I can use through (believe I could get 30% off overall), so maybe that nice to consider for the more pricey sets like the TIE fighter or Mystery Mansion.

Ponn

Banned
Can't see shit, but it still looks awesome.

I didn't finish my MOC in time, so need to scramble before next Saturday to show it off at the BN Maker Faire. I will get pics in a week at least.

It's alright. I was really disappointed in the leds that came with the power functions box. Believe it or not they were on in that picture inside the Joker mirror room. I can't wait to build my Christmas scene though with the lite up studs I got because those really light up.Good luck with your MOC.

Alright cool. Think I just check out Ecto-1 then. Could go nice with the Mystery Machine in ways too.:p I got some barnes and nobles coupons I can use through (believe I could get 30% off overall), so maybe that nice to consider for the more pricey sets like the TIE fighter or Mystery Mansion.

Ecto-1 is a definite buy now. I'm sure it will be around a little longer because of the GB HQ coming out but it's been out for over a year now for an Ideas set. I'd probably pick up any Scooby sets you want too, after the new year some of the lines just don't get restocked as they make way for their new sets. Tie Fighter (either one) you are safe waiting on since they are both new and Star Wars is going to be red hot.

Wanderer5

:p
Ecto-1 is a definite buy now. I'm sure it will be around a little longer because of the GB HQ coming out but it's been out for over a year now for an Ideas set. I'd probably pick up any Scooby sets you want too, after the new year some of the lines just don't get restocked as they make way for their new sets. Tie Fighter (either one) you are safe waiting on since they are both new and Star Wars is going to be red hot.

K, I keep that in mind.

Got my bootleg Chinese Big Hero 6 minifigs in the mail today, and I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed. I mean, they're clearly of inferior quality to Lego by a wide margin, but they're pretty decent, especially for the $7 I paid for them.

Nice have to order some of those now!

Does the Scooby lighthouse have a light brick anyone know?

ruxtpin

Banned
Snagged my first TFA set, the FO Snowspeeder. Need me some of these snazzy new troopers. Make all my other troopers jealous of the new kicks.

ghostmind

Ordered the two new seasonal sets (40124 Winter Fun & 40125 Santa's Visit). No other worthwhile promos at the moment, and I don't need another Holiday Train, so that's it for now until Brick Friday.

Plugging away to finish my now post Halloween MOC. Came up with a few new ways to make crosses for grave markers. Yes, there will be a lot of crosses in this, but it is a massive graveyard after all.

I know next to nothing of ninjago, what's the deal with it these days. I know it got canned but we brought back due to demand. They brought it back but did they bring the TV show back too?

They fought cyber robots and then jungle snakes again and then ghost pirates and next they're apparently fighting regular pirates.

I wish they'd have more characters.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
This is driving me crazy. What are those swirl cupcake frosting topping brown and pink pieces called? Can't seem to find them on Bricklink, so I am searching wrong.

Speaking of, I finally got that last two roof pieces that I had ordered. My Black Friday gingerbread house in now complete!

dsQE7s0.jpg

Fishlake

I'm going to confess that my organization of Legos has been completely halted by my Computer Security class. DES and AES are just on another level when it comes to programming and they take up all my time right now.

The good news is that AES is due next week and I'll be free of projects then. So hopefully I can make it all up before the end of the year.

Ponn

Banned
or robot pirates or ghost snakes or snake pirates

Maybe they combine them all for the movie, robotic snake pirate ghosts. I mean look what they are doing with Nexo Knights.

What's the opinions on Brick Bounty? Not really into pirates but I do like the Lego ships for displaying.

Maybe they combine them all for the movie, robotic snake pirate ghosts. I mean look what they are doing with Nexo Knights.

What's the opinions on Brick Bounty? Not really into pirates but I do like the Lego ships for displaying.

It's not really that impressive for display. You'll need to do some serious modding to make it really presentable.

I pray you got Sea Cow then. Such a magnificent display!

Still loving mixels ;) Picked up some more, so now I have 3 complete sets of 3 and a few more interesting parts! Decided to see what I could do combining them together:

a263bf72-1ce5-47c3-bf29-a55a94d3cd0a

Great work. At first glance, I thought that was a dragon from the current wave of Ninjago. Color palette is very similar.

NOOOOOOOO My dreams of Golden Girls figs have been dashed.

I just wanted it to happen just for the minifigs.

From LEGO Reddit, in honor of the Bob Ross Twitch stream:

5F9977r.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Some happy little bricks...

Freakin awesome! So simple yet it captures his likeness and show so well.

Random post:

Has anyone got a random film they would love mini figures based on?

I would love the wet / sticky bandits from home alone, love those guys; in fact a home alone set would be amazing all round even if totally impractical!

Edit - someone proposed it on ideas:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/48240

even seeing it as a concept is awesome, shame it never stood a chance!

I have no interest in that project, but I'm impressed how the person packed a lot of play features and scenes from the movie in such a small set.

I want Muppets! Maybe it will happen if the TV show success turns into a few year run.
Soooo disappointed Snoopy and gang wasn't done by LEGO. It's such a perfect fit.

LEGO Calendar promos:

B5LcjHn.jpg

Meh. Cool bird though.

Ponn

Banned
It's not really that impressive for display. You'll need to do some serious modding to make it really presentable.

Zoinks! I'll pass then. Hopefully they will do something with the new PoTC movie since I missed out on all of those ships.

And Phon, yarr matey. That sucker is never coming down from the top of my bookshelf.

Ninjago 2016 minifigs:

exfBihz.jpg

2bFlnBv.jpg

I like the ninja torso front design a lot. The dragon outfits are still my favorite.

I know next to nothing of ninjago, what's the deal with it these days. I know it got canned but we brought back due to demand. They brought it back but did they bring the TV show back too?

Yes. They seem to have short series that corresponds to each wave. I watch it with my kids and I think they do decent job with the show.

Zoinks! I'll pass then. Hopefully they will do something with the new PoTC movie since I missed out on all of those ships.

And Phon, yarr matey. That sucker is never coming down from the top of my bookshelf.
I said Sea Cow would be a parts pack in the end, but a year later and I still can't bear to take it down. It is too pretty.

Got my bootleg dinos. They are adorable and the quality is great. The pin that connects their head to their neck isn't quite up to Lego snuff with the snap, but otherwise I can't really tell the difference in the raptors and dilophasaur. The baby T-Rex has kinda odd coloring but the baby Indominous is perfect. I wish their heads moved up and down but at that size it'd be impossible.

The baby triceratops is the star of the show, it's incredible. I really hope they make a regular sized trike, since the old one is like $40-50 on its own.

wetwired

All the printed parts arrived for the next batch of X-Agents and the new X-Conspiracy Pack.

I've been reattaching arms, cutting cigarettes, tidying up the cut ends and painting the red, lit ends of the cigarettes all night, only halfway through and now it's bedtime but here's a dodgy pic of what's in the new X-Conspiracy Pack. Hopefully I have time to take good photos tomorrow.

So against my better judgment, I'm starting to consider possibly buying some of the modulars still available through retail currently. Is Pet Shop highly likely to be the next set retired, or could it be Palace Cinema?

All the printed parts arrived for the next batch of X-Agents and the new X-Conspiracy Pack.

I've been reattaching arms, cutting cigarettes, tidying up the cut ends and painting the red, lit ends of the cigarettes all night, only halfway through and now it's bedtime but here's a dodgy pic of what's in the new X-Conspiracy Pack. Hopefully I have time to take good photos tomorrow.

That cigarette looks more like a cigar (as far as size is concerned anyway) but as the minifig hand HAS to be able to actually hold it, it will look like that per default, so yeah, it looks great :)

So against my better judgment, I'm starting to consider possibly buying some of the modulars still available through retail currently. Is Pet Shop highly likely to be the next set retired, or could it be Palace Cinema?

Good question, Pet Shop should have been gone a long time already but...it's still kicking somehow... At this point, it really is anyone's guess.

Good question, Pet Shop should have been gone a long time already but...it's still kicking somehow... At this point, it really is anyone's guess.

It's a good thing the Town Hall was only release a while ago so it's not ready to retire yet.

Cries.

LEGO is a law unto itself. They'll probably retire the Detective's Office.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I was interested in Detective's Office but after the reviews (video & photos) I think i'm just gonna skip and go straight for the Bank next year instead.

I'd assume that Palace Cinema has more unique parts, that it's less popular and since it sells for 2/3 of the price in Europe, it's not as profitable, so it COULD go faster even though it's two years younger than Pet Shop.

On the other hand, that means that even once it sells out, there is more time before it goes crazy expensive. And more importantly - if you're going to miss out on one of these, you DO NOT want to miss out on Pet Shop.

Now is a good time to hop on in any case. Two of the best ones are still available in retail, DO is very good and the bank looks quite good too. While Town Hall was impressive in size, it was the weakest modular since Market Street.

It's a good thing the Town Hall was only release a while ago so it's not ready to retire yet.

Cries.

LEGO is a law unto itself. They'll probably retire the Detective's Office.

I believe it depends on the a few key factors. Sales/demand is probably the primary one. Town Hall sold poorly. This is one of the big reasons the aftermarket is so high on it. There are a lot fewer of them that were made. Secondary would be ability to produce more based on their production cycles. Third would be making room for newer products. All my opinion of course.

Pet Shop is one of the more popular modulars. It is a Jamie Berard set. Jamie Berard sets

Town Hall is the only modular I missed since I started with the firehouse. It had the higher price point of $200 working against it. The other factor was it was a very solid and nice looking build, but it didn't have much wow factor. I regret not buying it. Worst case is I could have sold it for more than I bought it if I changed my mind. :)

Modular lesson. Buy now, think later.

I was interested in Detective's Office but after the reviews (video & photos) I think i'm just gonna skip and go straight for the Bank next year instead.

Buy now, think later. Can keep or sell later.

th_IMG-20151029-00051_zpsymqa9seg.jpg

I'd assume that Palace Cinema has more unique parts, that it's less popular and since it sells for 2/3 of the price in Europe, it's not as profitable, so it COULD go faster even though it's two years younger than Pet Shop.

On the other hand, that means that even once it sells out, there is more time before it goes crazy expensive. And more importantly - if you're going to miss out on one of these, you DO NOT want to miss out on Pet Shop.

Now is a good time to hop on in any case. Two of the best ones are still available in retail, DO is very good and the bank looks quite good too. While Town Hall was impressive in size, it was the weakest modular since Market Street.

Yeah, the bank is mostly what is selling me on the idea of starting a modular town. I just have great visions of Doc Ock or Two-Face robbing it, with Spider-Man or Batman there to stop 'em. (Or there's Foot Ninja/TMNT, or Villains/Ultra Agents, etc.)

How long do you guys think Scooby Doo will be around? I haven't found any sales on them yet, except for the Mummy and Mystery Machine on warehouse deals. Wondering if I just need to buy the rest at MSRP before it's too late.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I don't think you should skip it. It is a very strong set, highly worth owning.

You didn't like the look of it?

Don't. It's a really fun and different build. There are three AMAZING interiors and some great construction used.

I thought the consensus was that it was a bit lacking? I've got Cafe Corner and Green Grocer there atm, so there would be an obvious height/bulk difference to what i've now, it looks a LOT smaller.

With Brick Bank on the horizon like gaming i'm more interested in new & shiny, but i'll probably end up picking it up anyway.

I just wish there was wider gaps between the launches of Exclusives if i'm really honest.

Hmm I'm thinking about making a modular Lego building in Lego digital designer and then getting my parents to pay for the parts on bricklink as a Christmas present. So essentially I'd be making my own present lol. I'll have to build it all out and find out how expensive it is total first before deciding to do this. Worst case scenario i can render it out in maya and post it here if its too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom