• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Some new 2016 sets:

10253 Big Ben

21029 UK Landmark
21030 US Landmark

21127 Minecraft
21128 Minecraft

31051 CREATOR Lighthouse
31052 CREATOR Holiday
31053 CREATOR Treehouse

70588 Titanium Ninja Tumbler
70589 Cole's Earth Roader
70590 Airjitzu Temple Grounds
70591 Kryptarium Escape
70592 Ronin Mech
70593 Lloyd's Dragon
70594 Watchtower Defence
70595 Sonic Radar 2.0
70596 Samurai X Cave

75146 Star Wars 2016 Advent Calendar

76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave

Kyari

We haven't seen everyone yet so could just be an overlook. With the push to include Spidey in the MCU and Disney having the cartoon Lego has been able to fall back on I really can't see any reason why there should be a lack of Spidey characters. I would love a playable Green Goblin (the real one) with glider.

Sorry for the slow response, they already confirmed at NYCC that Spidey characters are not going to be in this game at all.

Kyari

Some new 2016 sets:

10253 Big Ben

21029 UK Landmark
21030 US Landmark

Big Ben's set number indicates its a larger Creator set, shares numbering with the likes of the Winter Toy Shop, Ferrari, modular buildings. Could be something like the Sydney Opera house maybe?

The Landmarks are Architecture numberings.

Edit: damn, double post, my bad.

ghostmind

Big Ben's set number indicates its a larger Creator set, shares numbering with the likes of the Winter Toy Shop, Ferrari, modular buildings. Could be something like the Sydney Opera house maybe?

Correct on both counts.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just Big Ben tower (ugh) or more houses or parliament (yum)?

Would one of those US architecture sets be the new skyscraper ones? Curious about the UK - St. Paul's cathedral could make a nice set

IHaveIce

Banned
Some new 2016 sets:

10253 Big Ben

21029 UK Landmark
21030 US Landmark

21127 Minecraft
21128 Minecraft

31051 CREATOR Lighthouse
31052 CREATOR Holiday
31053 CREATOR Treehouse

70591 Kryptarium Escape
70592 Ronin Mech
70593 Lloyd's Dragon
70594 Watchtower Defence
70595 Sonic Radar 2.0
70596 Samurai X Cave

so question is if this Batcave will be another stolen ideas set since that was also on Ideas :)

What is the earliest we could see some of the DC/marvel sets?

ghostmind

so question is if this Batcave will be another stolen ideas set since that was also on Ideas :)

What is the earliest we could see some of the DC/marvel sets?

Some in January/February:BvsS, Marvel Superheroes

Some in March/April: Civil War, Classic TV Batcave, Mighty Micros

3N16MA

Banned
Your setup looks great!

My OCD is kicking in with the pending 2016 modular. If I finally build my Detective's Office and add it to my current street I'll be at max capacity on my mantle. I may have to remove Palace Cinema to incorporate the Office and the Bank, but I hate the thought of splitting my street.

Relocate it and create a city square.

Some new 2016 sets:

10253 Big Ben

21029 UK Landmark
21030 US Landmark

21127 Minecraft
21128 Minecraft

31051 CREATOR Lighthouse
31052 CREATOR Holiday
31053 CREATOR Treehouse

70591 Kryptarium Escape
70592 Ronin Mech
70593 Lloyd's Dragon
70594 Watchtower Defence
70595 Sonic Radar 2.0
70596 Samurai X Cave

Only two more Minecraft sets, or did we know about some already? Nothing that sounds really amazing, although nice that Nya is getting another big set. I really like her design and at some point I'll probably take all of this red, black and gold and make a custom building.

ghostmind

Nicer, which events would reveal them to us in those months?

The Dec/Jan/Feb releases will leak out through retailer listings over the next month or so.

Most everything else for the year will be revealed at the three Toy Fairs in January and early February.

Airjitsu Temple grounds??

Can't really imagine what that's like, is that an add-on to the temple set itself or what?

Also: Creator Lighthouse, YES YES YES!!!! can't wait to see that one since i love lighthouse sets and i missed the old one which is now damn expensive to get, hopefully it's at LEAST as big as that one was...

None of the Ninjago sets above are for the upcoming 2016 movie. Those are all still TBA.

I just remembered about that movie... Will that be an actual cinematic movie or some direct to dvd thing? If the former, you think it will be necessary to have followed the shows in some capacity to "get" what's going on there? I haven't done that but i am loving some of the recent sets anyway :)

Also: So the Morro Dragon really is all that it's hyped up to be here by some users yes? I saw it discounted at a store and am tempted to grab it now.

I got my C-3PO polybag yesterday at Toys R Us. I paid 4 above MSRP for 4 75078 Imperial Troop Transport sets to qualify for the polybag. I could have bought 4 of the same set for $11.15 each on Amazon compared to the $13.99 I paid at TRU.
They have the same set listed at at TRU website for $11.29 (on sale?), but I don't see the polybag show up in cart.

What I hate is how the polybag uses a photo that looks like chrome, but the minifig is actually a dark pearl gold or something. I was not expecting it to be chrome. I'm just saying the packaging is misleading.

Anyway, I may just sell it. It's frickin' C-3PO. It's bound to show up in a set that I want eventually.

22102646394_586d2658be_c.jpg

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens C-3PO (5002948) by Allen Tran, on Flickr

EDIT: Polybag offer is in-store only.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=66869466&cp=&parentPage=search

EDIT 2: I did the math and I basically spent $8 for the minifig since I could have easily bought the sets I wanted for $8 less on Amazon. Going price for the minifig is around $8 if I do decide to sell it.

I got my C-3PO polybag yesterday at Toys R Us. I paid 4 above MSRP for 4 75078 Imperial Troop Transport sets to qualify for the polybag. I could have bought 4 of the same set for $11.15 each on Amazon compared to the $13.99 I paid at TRU.

That's the difficult part with these TRU promos, they jack up prices too much. I ended up getting the Coruscant Gunship using a 15% off coupon to get my C-3PO.

However, I'm relatively sure that they just deduct the $4 cost of C-3PO from the return value of whatever you purchased. So if you wanted, you could return what you bought and be out only $4 + tax for 3PO.

That's the difficult part with these TRU promos, they jack up prices too much. I ended up getting the Coruscant Gunship using a 15% off coupon to get my C-3PO.

However, I'm relatively sure that they just deduct the $4 cost of C-3PO from the return value of whatever you purchased. So if you wanted, you could return what you bought and be out only $4 + tax for 3PO.

Good to know if that can be done. Not worth my time to drive over there for a few $$$.
I got caught up in the hype. My money is that LEGO will eventually release the minifig in a set. Question is will it be next year or even further out.

mojiimbo

Oof, Tower Bridge was an easy pass for me before(even though it looks great) but now I'm tempted if there's a Big Ben on the same scale to go with it.

ghostmind

I just remembered about that movie... Will that be an actual cinematic movie or some direct to dvd thing? If the former, you think it will be necessary to have followed the shows in some capacity to "get" what's going on there? I haven't done that but i am loving some of the recent sets anyway :)

Also: So the Morro Dragon really is all that it's hyped up to be here by some users yes? I saw it discounted at a store and am tempted to grab it now.

Sorry, I had forgotten that the Ninjago movie had been pushed back a year. Yes, it is a full theatrical movie, and apparently part of the "LEGO Cinematic Universe", overseen by Lord & Miller. So the TBA Ninjago movie sets I mentioned will be pushed back as well.

This is the current release schedule:

LEGO Batman Movie - Feb 10, 2017 (featuring work from our own wetwired)
LEGO Ninjago Movie - Sep 22, 2017
LEGO Movie 2 - May 18, 2018
the Billion Brick Race - TBA 2019

Fishlake

What am I looking at?

An abomination? No it is just another really badly design vehicle. I still think this series has an identity crises. Even more so than Ninjago and Chima, it at least felt consistent in them. I still wish they had taken up the idea of moving buildings instead of this. I feel that could have been a neat concept.

Cr0wn0

Went in to buy the C3PO Polybag after being told I could buy it outright a few days ago. Manager said no way and also mentioned it was one per person. Drives me crazy when some TRU are selling them by the handful and my local stores are hoarding them. Ended up buying two on eBay for $18 shipped. Time + gas probably make them about the same price as buying direct from TRU.

Ponn

Banned
Sorry for the slow response, they already confirmed at NYCC that Spidey characters are not going to be in this game at all.

Oh I didn't hear about that. Well that's that then, seems weird and unnecessary. Game still looks good though.

Nexo Knights polybag:

tWboixo.jpg

I just cannot stay positive about this line at all. It was all a sharp drop off from "steampunk knights"

Rootbeer

Banned
Went in to buy the C3PO Polybag after being told I could buy it outright a few days ago. Manager said no way and also mentioned it was one per person. Drives me crazy when some TRU are selling them by the handful and my local stores are hoarding them. Ended up buying two on eBay for $18 shipped. Time + gas probably make them about the same price as buying direct from TRU.

This is why I try to find the polybags BEFORE the promotion. They will let you buy them before the promo, as well as after, but during the actual promo period you may have difficulty depending on the store or associate. Otherwise, you have to wait until the promo ends and there is no guarantee any will be left.

Unfortunately for me, my main TRU has a new manager and he keeps the polybag boxes under tight lock and key and doesn't let them be opened before the promo. At many other TRU stores, they simply keep the box at customer service under the table and out of sight, yet still let you buy them if you ask because they is no actual street date in TRU's computer system on promo items like these.

I think the later is much better for everyone. Just impose limits to keep people from buying a pile of them which may cause the store to not have enough for the promotion. Limit 1 or 2 should be fine.

Kyari

Oh I didn't hear about that. Well that's that then, seems weird and unnecessary. Game still looks good though.

I assume its a licensing issue more than anything. Travelers Tales talked about it being an issue once before, not being able to get Spidey is why the first Marvel game took so long/almost didn't happen.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member

That is strange as I went into my TRU yesterday and I was able to buy them outright, in fact they had their own price sticker as well.

12184175_1040374639347291_5623936494298447755_o.jpg

That isn't Stormbreaker in his hand, LEGO. You have failed this city!

Actually, you have failed this city by not actually making this figure for real. World just ain't ready for Beta Ray Bill.

The first member that quotes this post will be sent the LEGO, stickers, and instructions to build Starblaster Showdown (76019) for FREE. Note that there is no box and that Star Lord and his accessories are not included.

PM me your shipping info, and please US only.

omOTPrD.jpg

Ravek

Banned
The first member that quotes this post will be sent the LEGO, stickers, and instructions to build Starblaster Showdown (76019) for FREE. Note that there is no box and that Star Lord and his accessories are not included.

PM me your shipping info, and please US only.

omOTPrD.jpg
Me?

Seems like I'm really the only one liking the Nexo Knights stuff

Only one that's posted here so far. :)

I think it will do OK. If the cartoon is good, it will do well. As a kid I would eat up the theme. It has two of my favorite themes, knights/fantasy and sci-fi.

I do like a lot of the minifigs, just not the generic soldier guys like that one in the polybag.
I also like the mech looking sets a lot from the photo leaks. I think the concept is decent, but overall the sets aren't calling to me except for a few.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
I don't think i'll be buying any of the Nexo Knights sets -Bricklink all the way for figs et al- but I haven't completely disowned them either, I think they look alright, and they'll be great for the child market.

I'm curious to see what they've got lined up for the second wave/year of the theme.

Kyari

22048037531_423a120532_z.jpg

If more of the Nexo Knights sets were like this I would be 100% on board but the moving buildings are kinda .. ehh...

Maengun1

I've decided to jump on the modulars bandwagon, lol. I was planning to buy the Ferris Wheel for my last big purchase of the year (timed to get the gingerbread house), but with that just coming out this summer I figure it can wait. My only real question now is whether I will just start with the Pet Shop for now or get the Cinema as well in case it also gets retired unexpectedly. Probably gonna play it safe and get both.

DemiMatt

I've decided to jump on the modulars bandwagon, lol. I was planning to buy the Ferris Wheel for my last big purchase of the year (timed to get the gingerbread house), but with that just coming out this summer I figure it can wait. My only real question now is whether I will just start with the Pet Shop for now or get the Cinema as well in case it also gets retired unexpectedly. Probably gonna play it safe and get both.

While those two have been on sale for a long time and they seem to continue to produce them, I would say buy both.

Before they retired the Town Hall, Cinema Palace was next to be retired according to Lego Store people. I returned my Cinema Palace for the Town Hall by chance, and within a couple months they surprise retired it and price spiked!

Buy both, be safe, budget accordingly!

Kyari

Pet Shop and Cinema are the two modulars I own, I don't know f I could choose between the two. I love the Cinema, but I love the Pet Shop for being 2 buildings.

Next stop: detective office.

Maengun1

Thanks for the advice. Once I jump in I will definitely get all of them, which is one of the reasons I hesitated for so long. All of the current ones anyway, the retired sets are a no-go because not going over MSRP is like my one Lego buying rule. I've been looking at pictures of the whole line recently though and realized that I like all the ones that are still available more than the retired sets anyway. I think they just keep getting better and better and I'd regret continuing to avoid them!

After Pet Shop and the Cinema I feel like I'd be safe for another year as far as retirement goes, so no rush on those.

Thanks for the advice. Once I jump in I will definitely get all of them, which is one of the reasons I hesitated for so long. All of the current ones anyway, the retired sets are a no-go because not going over MSRP is like my one Lego buying rule. I've been looking at pictures of the whole line recently though and realized that I like all the ones that are still available more than the retired sets anyway. I think they just keep getting better and better and I'd regret continuing to avoid them!

After Pet Shop and the Cinema I feel like I'd be safe for another year as far as retirement goes, so no rush on those.

I'm in the same boat as you, starting out with the modulars, except I actually own both Cafe Corner and Green Grocer new in box, purchased a long time ago, but never built. But I obviously can't open and keep them, since they're worth far too much in their current state, so I'm gonna have to sell them.

I think I'll probably buy Pet Shop first, with Palace Cinema next. Discover Card has a 5% back promotion currently at Amazon, where they have both for $150 a piece. I won't get charged tax, and I'll get back $7.50 in cashback rewards a piece. It's probably the best deal I'm gonna find on these at this point.

Brick Bank, Detective's Office, and Parisian Restaurant all look fantastic as well, so those will probably be 2016 purchases.

3N16MA

Banned

Got in this year and purchased Pet Shop and Palace Cinema. Parisian Restaurant is next as I'm working backwards.

On a side note, does anyone know why Parisian Restaurant is cheaper than the other modulars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom