• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

A source I can share:

http://www.toynews-online.biz/news/read/sony-pictures-details-toy-plans-for-ghostbusters-jumanji-and-get-smurfy/045530

The question is, with Mattel as the master-licensee how does LEGO fit in?

While I've certainly heard rumours of reboots sets coming I wouldn't say it's confirmed yet. The article mentions licensing coming for both the classic films and the reboot and then rambles off some licensees like LEGO, Funko etc.

I'm 90% certain it's happening though.

Ryuuroden

What's the part number on those on brick link? I don't need them in that color but forgot about it for use in constraction stuff.

It's part number 16770

Also, Bricklink is down to 28 in this color (all due to me) I need more still and am wondering if any gaffers have these in their parts collection they would be willing to sell.

6077946.jpg

It's from Set 70208-1 CHI Panthar from 2014.

It's part number 16770

Also, Bricklink is down to 28 in this color (all due to me) I need more still and am wondering if any gaffers have these in their parts collection they would be willing to sell.

6077946.jpg

I am now convinced your thing is controlling the vast majority of specific parts. :)

On a different note, you can't keep a good cheer squad down.

Ryuuroden

I am now convinced your thing is controlling the vast majority of specific parts. :)

On a different note, you can't keep a good cheer squad down.

Nah, but I am going to make it a tradition that every major moc I do incorporates at least 1 rare piece that wipes out the worlds available supply of when I buy it. (thus it has to be something I need a bunch of) I will say what I have done with this piece looks pretty damn sweet and I will be posting a picture of it soon enough. With the additional amount I just ordered, I can make 7 of the units I need them for. I need enough to make 10 units to do what I really want to do. It takes 24 claws per ###### Unit.

This is the first time I had to wipe out Europe's supply as well as NA's

Nah, but I am going to make it a tradition that every major moc I do incorporates at least 1 rare piece that wipes out the worlds available supply of when I buy it. (thus it has to be something I need a bunch of) I will say what I have done with this piece looks pretty damn sweet and I will be posting a picture of it soon enough. With the additional amount I just ordered, I can make 7 of the units I need them for. I need enough to make 10 units to do what I really want to do. It takes 24 claws per ###### Unit.

This is the first time I had to wipe out Europe's supply as well as NA's

Insanity! Makes me feel like my hobby/addiction is tame. That is definitely a rare part. It only came in that one constraction set in that color. Can't wait to see the final product.

teeny

Scooby mansion £51 and lighthouse £30 on Amazon UK if anyone was interested

Nice, thanks! I couldn't really find anything from Argos that I really wanted to go with the set I did, the Scooby stuff was out of stock / unavailable for delivery.

And then you posted the Mansion for £50 :)

As much as Ghostbusters is my favorite movie ever, I don't know how they could do an entire theme based off even both movies, so I'm hoping that the 2016 theme will be for all three films.

I mean, we already have the Ecto-1, as well as the Firehouse in January. And because it started as an Ideas set, Lego couldn't do their standard "have to buy all the sets to get the whole team" with this one.

So I know in this thread I've seen people toss around a Spook Central set including the Terror Dogs and Zool, and of course there's WetWired's Stay Puft Marshmallow Man which IMO should include a Walter Peck figure because it's asinine they didn't include him in the Firehouse, but what else could they do that would make actual play-with-able sets?

As much as I'd love an Ecto-1A with the gang in grey adorned with Slime Throwers, I can't see Lego making something so similar to the Ideas set. It's not like they'll make the Mayor's office, or a Statue of Liberty that would be in-scale with the Minifigs. I'd say a hotel set with Slimed Peter and Slimer, but Slimed Peter is exclusive to the Firehouse and Slimer can be gotten in that set as well as the Lego Dimensions Fun Pack. I guess they could make a courtroom with the Scolari Brothers, or an Offering Room with Vigo (complete with swappable moulded Bad Monkey head) or!! a Ghost Train (oh god please) but that seems like it.

For the new movie they'd obviously new the new Ecto-1, they could have an "Ecto-2 Chase" with Chris Helmsworth's character on the motorcycle, and then whatever they wind up doing for the finale, but with their new base not being anything as iconic as the Firehouse I doubt they'd make that.

So realistically, unless the reboot is packed with stuff that would translate well into sets, I can't see them NOT doing the theme spanning all three movies.

Spook Cental and Stay Puft from GBI
Scolari Brothers and Offering Room from GBII (gotta buy both to get all four GBs!)
Ecto-1, Ecto-2, who knows what else from GBr

Anyone else have any ideas? If they made sets off The Real Ghostbusters, now, they'd have stuff to pull from for years to come. But I'd imagine it'd be another One-And-Done theme like Jurassic World and Scooby-Doo so I don't see more than 5-6 sets in addition to the two we'll already have.

God I can't believe I just typed so much out.. about Lego Ghostbusters... at 2am. Sigh.

Nice, thanks! I couldn't really find anything from Argos that I really wanted to go with the set I did, the Scooby stuff was out of stock / unavailable for delivery.

And then you posted the Mansion for £50 :)

I've caved and gone for the Argos offer, Scooby mansion, deep sea exploration and the Hasbro remote control bb8 droid for £125

Not the best deal seeing as the mansion is only £50 on Amazon but I can't think of another thing in the £50 bracket to order on Argos to make it worthwhile ordering the mansion separately

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Was there a confirmation for a Lego Ghostbusters Game already?

No.

I'm hoping they go for full-fledged Doctor Who game next, as the add-on level pack and hub world in Lego Dimensions are fantastic.

teeny

I've caved and gone for the Argos offer, Scooby mansion, deep sea exploration and the Hasbro remote control bb8 droid for £125

Not the best deal seeing as the mansion is only £50 on Amazon but I can't think of another thing in the £50 bracket to order on Argos to make it worthwhile ordering the mansion separately

Eh, it's a fair enough deal. I wish my local Argos had more stuff in stock. I was angling for Mos Eisley Cantina and Death Star II Final Duel (which wasn't in stock anyway) and still couldn't find anything I wanted in that price range that made it worth it. I was very disappointed but now I'm hyped for the Mansion!

I made the mistake of putting the Mystery Machine on my Christmas list despite it's apparent lack of availability. :S

Yeah it's a nightmare trying to find 3 things in stock at the same time and same place, if I can find something good in the £50 region I will get that and order the mansion on Amazon

wetwired

ConspiracyMain.jpg

xpair.jpg

I finally have the X-Conspiracy set up for purchase and more X-Agents. This is the last batch of agents I'm going to do. With other customisers getting in on the action I'm gonna move on to something else.

ConspiracyMain.jpg

xpair.jpg

I finally have the X-Conspiracy set up for purchase and more X-Agents. This is the last batch of agents I'm going to do. With other customisers getting in on the action I'm gonna move on to something else.

Wonderful work as always. So when can we expect pictures of William B. Davis with the figure?

wetwired

Wonderful work as always. So when can we expect pictures of William B. Davis with the figure?

I thought about it but I wouldn't know where to start, Gillians people contacted me the first time which got it all happening. I wouldn't know where to start to do it from scratch.

Besides, I've only done 100 of these so I expect they'll be gone before I even got the chance

So Sergio reached out to Lego about the GB Firehouse HQ controversy.

http://brickset.com/article/17512/ghostbusters-lego-s-response-to-project-creator

The end result is Sergio gets a free GB Firehouse HQ, which seems fair.

There was also this little nugget of info in Lego's response:

75827 Firehouse Headquarters was developed independently of any LEGO Ideas submission depicting the firehouse, and is a result of the ongoing relationship we have with SONY Pictures.

This seems to be somewhat of a confirmation of what ghostmind's sources are saying about additional Lego GB sets in the works.

EDIT: Oh yeah, maybe you should contact Lego as well, wetwired? A free GB Firehouse HQ isn't a bad consolation prize.

It's part number 16770

6077946.jpg

Thx. No worries on me getting any soon as I'm on budget currently :p

What does the MOC design process look like for you guys?

Sketches?
LDD (or other lego-CAD programs)?
A bucket of loose pieces?
Wild daydreaming as a precursor to any physical work?

The bucket is definitely the most fun. However, when I'm tackling things from the perspective of "design then bricklink," I don't have the luxury of zeroing in on a specific design that way. It usually just turns into, "what can be built from the sets i don't care about keeping in original form?"

Also I can't help but wonder if I have asked this before but I'll take my chances at appearing crazy and forgetful.

Ponn

Banned
Just a heads up for those interested in Lego Dimensions. You don't have to wait for Black Friday. Amazon has the starter packs for $85 and if you use the code during checkout LEGOMOMS you get another $15 off making it $70. I'm not sure if the code is Amazon Prime members only or not, I think it is so thats the only catch.

Just picked up the Doctor Who Dimensions pack at my local TRU. I was disappointed to discover that the Dalek/Cyberman one isn't out yet. Is there a date?

T0BYHTE.jpg

got this set used for like 20 euro. I never see anyone mention it so i thought it would be a nice change of pace. I did mainly get it for Shaak Ti (which is a great looking minifig despite it being Clone Wars) but the T-6shuttle is actually better than anticipated as the design looks kinda interesting (i'd have to make a stand for it to be displayed in actual flight mode which is sideways like the B-Wing kinda). It also seems to be somewhat underrated as far as SW prequel era ships go :)

Sketches?

The bucket is definitely the most fun. However, when I'm tackling things from the perspective of "design then bricklink," I don't have the luxury of zeroing in on a specific design that way. It usually just turns into, "what can be built from the sets i don't care about keeping in original form?"

Also I can't help but wonder if I have asked this before but I'll take my chances at appearing crazy and forgetful.

Usually LDD then bricklink. I like keeping my sets together so I don't usually want to tear them apart to make MOCs. As a result I don't have many spare Lego pieces. But for Bionicle MOCs, I have plenty of pieces since I tore all my Bionicles up as a kid so I never have to bricklink those.

Sketches?

Usually wild ideas in my head, and thinking about what I have inventory of to pull it off. I then just start building. Sometimes just one specific section, sometimes the shell of it.
I think the haunted tree was the first time I actually sketched something out, but that was more a logistics thing.

Ryuuroden

Sketches?

I do a mixture of mockups, sketches, random thoughts in the head and partial builds in LDD. Currently for the dieselpunk airship I am building, I am constructing multiple portions of it at once, rooms, turbojet engines, anti-ship chainsaw, concealed main cannon, hanger deck, fighter planes, ship frame, gun turrets, etc. Everything from main deck up will rest on the ship deck so i can build both separately. All of it is being designed using different methods and I have no plans on really designing the entire thing on LDD or anything. The Turbojets I designed flat in LDD but there was no way I could actually make them how they are supposed to be in LDD. I just built an actual model for one of them in order to make sure it works. I just used LDD to figure out what pieces I needed to get to do the design and get a rough count for bricklinking. I had to order over 600 1x1 round dbg bricks and over 1000 1x2 technic arms and several hundred stud on 2 sides bricks as well as headlight bricks and pick up a entire container full of black lightsaber blades. Also lots of other parts just for the turbojet enclosure of which there will be at least 10.

Nothing too exciting about that set. Only interest I would have is if any of the super hero minifigs are unique to that set. Aftermarket prices for the non-superhero ones will be cheap IMO.

I guess it's good they didn't have yet another bat shaped airplane.

EDIT: Looks like flick fire missiles are making a comeback! I could use more of those parts.

Ponn

Banned
Man oh man, so glad to see an updated Tauntaun mold! And the texturing on that snow is incredible.

Dammit.

The giant boob cannon is amazing.

I am not liking these bat vs. supes sets at all. I don't know yet if its Lego or the movie designs fault yet but either way it seems so far like a waste of a DC set run

The giant boob cannon is amazing.

I am not liking these bat vs. supes sets at all. I don't know yet if its Lego or the movie designs fault yet but either way it seems so far like a waste of a DC set run

I'm with you. This looks like another paint-by-numbers DC set. It seems like any DC set under the $100 range is going to be a throw-away scene that basically retreads several previous ones.

I know there are exceptions. Lex's Power Armor, Braniac, Green Lantern....but it's like that $30 - $100 mark is the kiss of generic death. I'm not surprised they've included all of these figures in the set either. Lately it seems like Batman and Superman figs are showing up in Chima and Speed Champion sets.

Ponn

Banned
I'm with you. This looks like another paint-by-numbers DC set. It seems like any DC set under the $100 range is going to be a throw-away scene that basically retreads several previous ones.

I know there are exceptions. Lex's Power Armor, Braniac, Green Lantern....but it's like that $30 - $100 mark is the kiss of generic death. I'm not surprised they've included all of these figures in the set either. Lately it seems like Batman and Superman figs are showing up in Chima and Speed Champion sets.

What really, really kills me is it seems like we are not going to be getting a good Batwing anytime soon.

ghostmind

Some 75098 Assault on Hoth details, courtesy of the BrickFan:

A few months ago, I posted some details about the upcoming LEGO Star Wars Hoth Echo Base including the set number of 75098 with a recommended retail price of $249.99 which was found over on Brickset.

I have some more details about the set from a very reliable source. The set is actually called the Assault on Hoth (75098) and it will be a Ultimate Collector Series set. Pretty much everything that was shown in the mini movie will be in the set minus the AT-ATs. You can see some of the stuff in the screenshots I took above and below. Han is also shown riding the Tauntaun as well as a small Wampa cave with the Wampa bigfig and Luke hanging out.

Finally as far as the release date? I’m not sure about that but I was told that it would be released in August for New Zealand so I’m guessing it might be a May the 4th set since LEGO has traditionally released UCS sets around that time.

For the 2015 sets, I mostly agree. The only exception being Darkseid Invasion, which I own, but have yet to build. The Javelin looks solid, and the inclusion of Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Cyborg minifigs is nice. The big problem with the set is the MSRP of $70. I found it on clearance at a Walmart for $49, which I felt was reasonable enough, and you can pay roughly that on Ebay commonly.

For 2014 sets, I think the Riddler Chase and Joker Steam Roller were okayish. The Batwing in the Joker Steam Roller set was pretty atrocious, and the Riddler's dragster isn't any better, but otherwise the sets were fine.

I have zero interest in that Batman vs. Superman set, though. Everything about it is ugly.

I wonder if Lego will keep the AT-AT in production longer so it can be sold alongside this set. I still need to get one.

For the 2015 sets, I mostly agree. The only exception being Darkseid Invasion, which I own, but have yet to build. The Javelin looks solid, and the inclusion of Hawkman, Green Arrow, and Cyborg minifigs is nice. The big problem with the set is the MSRP of $70. I found it on clearance at a Walmart for $49, which I felt was reasonable enough, and you can pay roughly that on Ebay commonly.

For 2014 sets, I think the Riddler Chase and Joker Steam Roller were okayish. The Batwing in the Joker Steam Roller set was pretty atrocious, and the Riddler's dragster isn't any better, but otherwise the sets were fine.

I have zero interest in that Batman vs. Superman set, though. Everything about it is ugly.

I wonder if Lego will keep the AT-AT in production longer so it can be sold alongside this set. I still need to get one.

RE: the javelin specifically, I loved it as a 35 dollar target clearance set. Figs rocked, plane was legit.

I also really liked the joker steamroller, yeah.

Please, be a May 4th set. January is already brutal enough with Brick Bank and Ghostbusters HQ.

And I have my MOC all boxed up and ready to show off tomorrow. I was gathering up figures to place on it once I got there, and found the villager from the Winter Village set, and he had a chainsaw.
It seems if you wedge a mini fig hand up the bottom of a 4 sided SNOT piece, it can snap the grip around the shaft through the middle. So I decided to make an Ash figure to battle the forces of evil in my MOC.

CTLjEWtW4AAF1NF.jpg

The blood won't be in the MOC, since I am trying to keep it mostly kid friendly. Dammit. I want gore.

CTLa9e-WoAE3RqL.jpg

Satan laughing spreads his wings!

Nice work! Make me sad LEGO didn't make a brick built Balrog, but with the small ball joints seems like we can always MOC it.

It seems if you wedge a mini fig hand up the bottom of a 4 sided SNOT piece, it can snap the grip around the shaft through the middle. So I decided to make an Ash figure to battle the forces of evil in my MOC.

Sounds highly inappropriate. I won't ask what gave you the idea for sticking the hand up the bottom and then grab the shaft.

ghostmind

More rumors, from BrickFan and others:

10253 Big Ben to be priced at $319.99

75828 Unnamed Ghostbusters set at roughly $50.

21029 Buckingham Palace (Architecture)

A couple of huge Technic sets for next year, including 42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator ($300 to $350) and an "Ultimate Vehicle" which will be around $400 to $450.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmmm would that new ghostbusters set be for the 2016 movie or for the original films?

Isn't 2016 movie more likely, we already know LEGO has the license to the new film. There is a lot more room to milk the older films but after the Firehouse I wonder if they'd deem it necessary or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom