• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetwired

So what's the consensus on the kwik-e-mart?

I was a bit disappointed in the simpsons house, but the kwik-e-mart looks like it's got a lot of useful parts inside. It's currently $60 off here so I'm contemplating...

Added to my sons Christmas haul today, only the juniors Turtle Lair but for 12 quid I thought was worth picking up.

I noticed the deep sea exploration vessel was on the top toys for Christmas list along with the falcon and kylo Rens shuttle. Surprised to see the deep sea as being in high demand for children.

For the few constraction fans: this is the result of some parts of my first Bricklink orders:

TEP7k60.jpg

I have a MOC using the silver Star Wars new parts but I still need to work on it.

Ponn

Banned
Do you all think the Dr. Who set will be around for awhile? I'm trying to budget for the GB HQ on Jan. 1st but the Dr. Who set comes out on Dec. 1st. They seem to be restocking Idea's sets pretty good after the Mars Rover and i'm just wondering if i'd be able to wait and pick it up next year.

Do you all think the Dr. Who set will be around for awhile? I'm trying to budget for the GB HQ on Jan. 1st but the Dr. Who set comes out on Dec. 1st. They seem to be restocking Idea's sets pretty good after the Mars Rover and i'm just wondering if i'd be able to wait and pick it up next year.

Definitely until summer next year IMO. They base the number of sets produced on what they think the demand will be. They underestimated Mars Rover. I can't remember if they have done 2nd production runs on Idea sets to meet demand if they could squeeze it in the production cycles.

neonglow

Toys R Us will have a LEGO Dimensions sale next Sunday.

Get 50% off a Fun Pack with purchase of a Team or Level Pack. Not the greatest deal but it's something.

Ryuuroden

I'm in the same boat as you, starting out with the modulars, except I actually own both Cafe Corner and Green Grocer new in box, purchased a long time ago, but never built. But I obviously can't open and keep them, since they're worth far too much in their current state, so I'm gonna have to sell them.

I think I'll probably buy Pet Shop first, with Palace Cinema next. Discover Card has a 5% back promotion currently at Amazon, where they have both for $150 a piece. I won't get charged tax, and I'll get back $7.50 in cashback rewards a piece. It's probably the best deal I'm gonna find on these at this point.

Brick Bank, Detective's Office, and Parisian Restaurant all look fantastic as well, so those will probably be 2016 purchases.

Yeah, shit, you could probably sell both and then build both by bricklinking or used and still come out over 1000 dollars ahead.

There's a Flintstones Bedrock level you can access in LEGO Dimensions using the Doctor Who TARDIS. Hopefully this means we'll start getting Flintsone minifigures or possibly other Hanna Barbara properties like The Jetsons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upjSn_SMaoI

OMG!!! They better come out with Flinstone and Jetsons sets later cuz I can't buy all those packs just for the minifigs. After the Simpsons moulded heads, I kinda like the non-standard head moulds for characters with unusual head shapes. Hope we see a bunch of Hanna Barbara classic minifigs in the future.

Brickfan reported a Jetsons "level".
http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-jetsons-coming-to-lego-dimensions/

Rootbeer

Banned
It's happening. Already!

LEGO Star Wars advent calendar sold out on S@H.

Snatch one up at retailers while you can if you want one. Same goes for the other advents. Honestly I think it's one of the weaker SW Advent Calendars to-date, but still glad I bought it. Considering the hefty price on these things, I feel they need to add more exclusive items, not just pack-in minifigures already found in other recent sets aside from the Santas.

I put in my order for the two $10 christmas sets couple days ago. Can't let those pass me by.

TheFuzz

It's happening. Already!

Snatch one up at retailers while you can if you want one. Same goes for the other advents. Honestly I think it's one of the weaker SW Advent Calendars to-date, but still glad I bought it. Considering the hefty price on these things, I feel they need to add more exclusive items, not just pack-in minifigures already found in other recent sets aside from the Santas.

I put in my order for the two $10 christmas sets couple days ago. Can't let those pass me by.

I grabbed both seasonal sets at the local Lego store at Sugarloaf Mills here in GA. I've been grabbing a couple of each since they're great for parts but the store had a 1-per limit this time. I grabbed the last Winter Fun set but they had a few Santa ones left.

It's happening. Already!

The Santa figure this year in the SW advent calender is a huge disappointment, it's just a generic c3po head and legs with a generic Santa torso, at least last years was properly printed!

I've got a City one for me and a SW one for my son.

The Santa figure this year in the SW advent calender is a huge disappointment, it's just a generic c3po head and legs with a generic Santa torso, at least last years was properly printed!

I've got a City one for me and a SW one for my son.

Exactly! I skipped this years calendar. R2-D2 is just regular minifig with antlers put on top of it.

I will wait until next year when they start including Force Awakens minifigs; hopefully some with unique x-mas printing.

ghostmind

It's happening. Already!

I picked mine up in August/September when they were first available.

I'm thinking next year's calendar could be big, if they include TFA characters/vehicles.

Wow, yeah Nexo Knights disappointment just got replaced with Ninjago optimism.

I should make a lego shopping chart to prioritize....

edit: i call it disappointment then notice how badly i want the fire golem thing. maybe even the mech,

I was wrong the other day, Argos 3 for 2 starts tomorrow.

They have the deep sea vessel for £49 so thinking of ordering that plus Scooby lighthouse and walle for £90 total; already got Walle but can return.

Ryuuroden

I love all these incoming ninja steampunkish airships incoming. It makes me super happy.

16770.jpg

89 of these left on Bricklink in Pearl Gold, I have over 200 for my MOC, woo woo, lol

nny

I got the Kwik-E-Mart today with a reasonable discount (167.99€); it's been a while since I bought a big set!

This Ninjago theme looks like the best one yet, and from that poster it seems to even include all the types of bad guys they've fought before (except for Borg, thank goodness, keep that shit out of here). Makes sense too since they're pirates. Ah man I can't wait to see what the actual sets look like!

Nexo Knights is such a let down theme. Take us back to Space, Lego!!!

Just ordered the last Lego TMNT set I needed, and I now have a complete collection of both the cartoon sets and movie sets. Everything purchased at less than MSRP, many substantially so.

I also ordered the last of the Lego Hobbit sets I needed to complete that collection as well.

It feels good to be completely done with a theme.

I love all these incoming ninja steampunkish airships incoming. It makes me super happy.

16770.jpg

89 of these left on Bricklink in Pearl Gold, I have over 200 for my MOC, woo woo, lol

What's the part number on those on brick link? I don't need them in that color but forgot about it for use in constraction stuff.

ghostmind

Penisless Walter Peck figure or bust!

Seriously, it is our only chance for a William Atherton figure. We know we will never get a Die Hard series for obvious reasons, and Real Genius ain't happening unless we make a really cool Ideas set.

The Ghostbusters reboot LEGO has been confirmed. I'd like to see some more classic GB after the Firehouse & Dimensions, but I don't have any info yet.

Or in a morbid twist he died and is now the main villain ghost. The Dickless Horseman.

The Dickless Horseman, causing ecological disasters all around the world and is the cause of climate change.

Edit: random thoughts after a long work day and a few drinks:
As I rush to finish my Halloween MOC before taking it to the BN Maker Faire Saturday, I think this tombstone is the one I am the proudest of.

Looks good. Seems like Kai is trapped in the sword and giving it the fire power or something.

That weapon holder ring part is very useful. Never occurred to me to use it for a sword. I can't wait get it in other colors.

6109312.jpg

The green guy in the background looks like it is using the snake mould, but I'm guessing it's not a snake guy. I think it would make sense that he is a lizard/reptile dude which opens the door to a whole tribe of them to explore in the future.

I'm curious if they will use the new ghost mould or the older genie mould. Looks like artist's interpretation is based on the newer ghost mould.

Oh man... Airships, Pirates, monkeys, and ninjas of course.

This speaks to me far more than Nexo Knights so far, but then again Ninjago is a mature theme.

The Ninjago rogues gallery is getting impressive:
Skeleton warriors
Serpent tribes
Stone army
The Borg
Serpent cult
Ghosts
Sky Pirates and Djinni

Ninjago is a very versatile theme. It's all over the place in genres and is anachronistic. I like how they are constantly evolving the characters too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom