• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

CTLa9e-WoAE3RqL.jpg

Satan laughing spreads his wings!

The Smaug wings and tail are perfect for this!

Hmmm would that new ghostbusters set be for the 2016 movie or for the original films?

Isn't 2016 movie more likely, we already know LEGO has the license to the new film. There is a lot more room to milk the older films but after the Firehouse I wonder if they'd deem it necessary or not

If it's just one set, I'd bet it's the updated Ecto-1. It's probably the one thing that could stand alone. But then again, if they do make something from the new movie it should be a line of 4-5 sets at least. Or three new and three classics.

wetwired

If it's just one set, I'd bet it's the updated Ecto-1. It's probably the one thing that could stand alone. But then again, if they do make something from the new movie it should be a line of 4-5 sets at least. Or three new and three classics.

They've shown lately that they're willing to do limited IP stuff without going for a full theme, stuff like Ant-Man (one set)

We also have no idea what else is gonna be in the new movie apart from the new Ecto-1, there could be numerous things to turn into sets for all we know.

They've shown lately that they're willing to do limited IP stuff without going for a full theme, stuff like Ant-Man (one set)

We also have no idea what else is gonna be in the new movie apart from the new Ecto-1, there could be numerous things to turn into sets for all we know.

Well, obviously. It doesn't have to be vehicles, it can be the regular "small wall" Hobbit type action scene with a figure or two. But considering that they already have two original sets, I think we'll get a combination. A museum showdown with a Vigo painting, Janosz and slime-blasting Ray (alternate possessed face) and Winston could certainly be a set. A Gozer scene is given (obviously not full scale but with Peter, Gozer and a terror dog and a bit of pink scenery they'd sell multiples for people wanting a full-sized version). If they really want to please the fans, they could also have a ghost storage breakdown scene with Peck - put Egon in there with a twinkie as well for crossover scene potential. It would be superfluous if you get the Firehouse, obviously, but that didn't stop them from making the Wizard Battle using a tiny bit of the Orthanc set.

Either way, I'm excited. Can't have too many Ghostbusters sets.

Keaner

Neo Member
I have some more details about the set from a very reliable source. The set is actually called the Assault on Hoth (75098) and it will be a Ultimate Collector Series set. Pretty much everything that was shown in the mini movie will be in the set minus the AT-ATs. You can see some of the stuff in the screenshots I took above and below. Han is also shown riding the Tauntaun as well as a small Wampa cave with the Wampa bigfig and Luke hanging out.

This is kind of a total relief for me. If it's just a rehash of previous sets, I won't feel bad about skipping out on this at all (especially with the Ghostbusters HQ on the horizon).

Nitemare1

I keep buying dimensions packs for the minifigs.. I haven't bought the game..
I think theres something wrong with me.
But I dont care. I have a dr. who minifig! :D

Carbonite chamber looks really cool, and would make a good desk accessory. Too bad we can't get one giant playset of it or Cloud City.

The droid escape pod looks VERY different compared to the one from 2012.

9490-1.jpg

For all i care they could throw a banana tree in there as long as i get those Jawas! (actually that'd be kinda cool and i'd probably PREFER that to the pod)

Osahi

Aha, vheap way to get some new storm troopers. Will get the hoth attack too, and maybe the pod and the carbonfreeze chamber

Markus

EDIT: Does anyone remember what that minifig cube at Target was listed as last year? Want to start searching for it on their website so I don't miss it. Need that Lightning Lad.

"mini figure gift set" is what is listed on my invoice from last year

Ponn

Banned
"mini figure gift set" is what is listed on my invoice from last year

Thank you for that. Gonna keep tabs on that and hope it pops up on their website again like last year. I hate crowds on black friday and can't really drop $75 or more on Lego the end of the month.

Oh yes. This will become my balrog, finally. Just needs a few adjustments. Those rocky transparent parts are literally perfect. It doesn't hurt that you get the cool hover horse too.

This is nearly a word-for-word summary of my thoughts on this set.

If budget permitted i'd even consider getting more just to have some actual golems too.

Likely to be the only NK set I get.

I guess I'll make my spreadsheet o nerd toys today, and on google docs this time, so that hard drives don't kill it like the last one.

Ponn

Banned
Oh yes. This will become my balrog, finally. Just needs a few adjustments. Those rocky transparent parts are literally perfect. It doesn't hurt that you get the cool hover horse too.

Ugh. Now I have to buy a Nexo set. I was thinking the parts might be good to build Titans from Hercules.

Finally got a huge build off the table and sorted a ton of parts back into bins. My storage is overflowing, but I have a few more big builds coming up so hopefully I'll get to use some stuff.

75138 Echo Base is smaller than I thought.

I like the generic rebel battle pack. I figure a proper Force Awaken Stormtrooper battle back won't happen for a few years. Still, that set is probably the cheapest one that comes with a standard Force Awakens stormtrooper. I will be getting the Jawas for sure. Need at least 4 total. Cryo chamber is a must get.

Totally getting those TFA battlepacks. I wish the Stormtroopers were the same print though. Not sure about any of the other sets. Maybe the Bespin carbin freezing chamber.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yay battle packs!

The only one I'm not tempted to get Day 1 is Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter... They've given us too many Jedi Starfighters already, I'll wait on that one.

disappointed they aren't giving C-3PO side printing on the arms/legs (or Boba)... just when you think they are moving in a good direction with printing they dial it back again.

Maengun1

I'll never understand how we never got a Balrog + bridge set during LOTR. Seemed so obvious to me. I remember there was even a design for the Balrog in some of the promotional images for the line.

I'll never understand how we never got a Balrog + bridge set during LOTR. Seemed so obvious to me. I remember there was even a design for the Balrog in some of the promotional images for the line.

There is an existing balrog design in the game (as well as Treebeard) and I think they're using a variation of it in Lego Dimensions. Does anyone know if anyone ever went through the games and dumped the models or recreated them in LDD or something? Feels like an obvious thing to do, but I'm too lazy to do it myself. I've seen a lot of balrog MOCs but they're all awful. The game one isn't perfect but at least it's what we'd get if the set was ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom