• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Lame. I have $150 in VIP and it's my birthday tomorrow so my present to myself would have been EEE, AA, and Horizon Express.

Well, I am not saying its 100% we won't, because we could, I just think that we would of been included in that post had it applied to us as well. Hope against hope that maybe USA/Canada was just accidentally left out and we will be happily surprised tomorrow.

Ryuuroden

4yIlMWe.jpg

IT'S A JAMIE SET!

Designer Video (isn't up on LEGO channel yet, but BrickShow has it):

http://youtu.be/hpshhxplgAU

This should be added to the thread intro per usual :D.

wertherian

Neo Member
Hey all -

Stopped by the new New York store @ Madison Square, and just wanted to let you all know they are selling the State of Liberty polybag (exclusive) that they sold when they launched the Rockefeller Center store in 2012. Had a good number of them.

I can't remember who in the crew on this thread said it, but wasn't there some other big Lego Movie related set that was supposed to be revealed? I can go back and look through my posts later (on the phone and it's a hassle at the moment). For said poster, is that secret set still waiting to be revealed?

It may have been me. I was talking to my coworkers the other day about it and we think that due to Lego announcing a specific Lego Batman Movie, the set got delayed. We can't think of any other reason someone at WB licensing would confirm the set only to have it never show.

Fingers crossed.

Detective's Office looks sooooooo good.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Found Rocket Racoon Polybag at Toys R Us. They had LOTS of them. Probbaly not a hard thing to find if you do it soon.

Also picked up the Polybag Batwing. It's small, but neat.

Ponn

Banned
It may have been me. I was talking to my coworkers the other day about it and we think that due to Lego announcing a specific Lego Batman Movie, the set got delayed. We can't think of any other reason someone at WB licensing would confirm the set only to have it never show.

Fingers crossed.

Hmm...Well then I have a pretty good guess what that is then.

15% off a bunch of sets. I am buying dolphin cruiser at midnight for a stocking stuffer.

Arkham Asylum is 15% off too. Full list is at Toysnbricks.

Well shit, Arkham Asylum was one of the sets I needed to re-buy. I guess i'm putting a pin in Sea Cow then for now.

Right now, Wal Mart has some great sets for only $39. These include Friends Olivia's House, Heartlake High, Ninjago Temple of Light, and others.

http://www.walmart.com/store/299/weekly-ads?flyer_run_id=36290&flyer_type_name=circular

Thanks for this! Online was sold out but I got lucky and just price matched Olivia's House at Target. I guess the CS rep didn't know he wasn't supposed to price matck oos items. You'll never know if you don't try. Worst they can say is no. :)

Ryuuroden

Son of a ____, another LEGO bricklink order missing. Tracking says it was delivered today when I was fucking home but the Postman didn't even come today. What is this shit. That's like the 5th package in 3 months.

Experien

I have the Turtle Lair in my cart from awhile ago at S@H and they put in the FREE Flashback Shredder in my cart...isn't that supposed to be the Winter Wonderland?

R-User!

Son of a ____, another LEGO bricklink order missing. Tracking says it was delivered today when I was fucking home but the Postman didn't even come today. What is this shit. That's like the 5th package in 3 months.

Time to get Ace Brickman on the case!

Seriously though, that shit needs to stop. Start talking to management at the post office maybe? :/

R-User!

Only getting one right now. The other will come later. Which is better GAF?

Sandcrawler or Fairground Mixer?

Mixer will have way less technic, but the Sandcrawler looks beastly tall.

Mixer is a real space taker, but the beauty is that you can collapse it into two fairly small vehicles!

Mixer might be more fun, but only if you have a motor to run it rather than the manual crankity crack lever.

Mixer = 12 Minifigures
Sandcrawler = $300 Star Wars set!

Coinflip if all else fails.
Heads Mixer
Tails Sandcrawler

Mixer will have way less technic, but the Sandcrawler looks beastly tall.

Mixer is a real space taker, but the beauty is that you can collapse it into two fairly small vehicles!

Mixer might be more fun, but only if you have a motor to run it rather than the manual crankity crack lever.

Mixer = 12 Minifigures
Sandcrawler = $300 Star Wars set!

Coinflip if all else fails.
Heads Mixer
Tails Sandcrawler

Sandcrawler, though I have an obvious Star Wars preference.

Grrrr. I am letting Dr. Forester's cold feeling to the Sandcrawler cloud my judgement. In the end, I know Fairground Mixer will go into my parts collective once I have it displayed a while, while Sandcrawler will probably stay on permanent display.

Both shall be mine at some point though. Just on the fence on which to get this weekend.

EDIT: I am also considering that Jan 1st will be both Slave 1 and Detective Office at the same time. Gotta redeem that VIP!

You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done. Now come on - get to it.

Is there carbon scoring in the figures?

EDIT: Seriously. Don't steer me wrong here. You all know I am an UCS Star Wars fanboy. Is the Sandcrawler worth it? Is it worthy of my time and potential top set of the year contention over Fairground Mixer? I am not expecting anything to topple my current choice for best 2014 set, but anything to shake up the already difficult 2-5 is most welcome.

But my #1 is so far ahead in my mind it isn't even a close call.

ghostmind

EDIT: Seriously. Don't steer me wrong here. You all know I am an UCS Star Wars fanboy. Is the Sandcrawler worth it? Is it worthy of my time and potential top set of the year contention over Fairground Mixer? I am not expecting anything to topple my current choice for best 2014 set, but anything to shake up the already difficult 2-5 is most welcome.

adnCRcs.jpg

No, but this R2 unit has a bad motivator.

The Sandcrawler is a great display set, is impressive in size, and has a nice selection of minifigs. However it isn't perfect - the interior leaves a lot to be desired (and very little space to put droids inside), and there is a LOT of brown.

adnCRcs.jpg

No, but this R2 unit has a bad motivator.

The Sandcrawler is a great display set, is impressive in size, and has a nice selection of minifigs. However it isn't perfect - the interior leaves a lot to be desired (and very little space to put droids inside), and there is a LOT of brown.

Hmmm. Making me doubt it again. Thinking I must just wait for May 4th to order it and hope for a discount.

EDIT: It always bugged me because that isn't actually an R2 unit.

Zerojul

Euro-LegoGAF ! The second promotional winter set (40107) is up for grabs for VIPs on the European S@H (55€ and more). Got a Mini Cooper to get it (at last).
A few other not-so-amazing discounts are live too, on Arkham, Sopwith, Sydney Opera and a few others. If you want them, now would be a good time, as I think they're on their way out...
EDIT : omg seems like the helicarrier is getting real ! Can't wait :)

R-User!

EDIT: Seriously. Don't steer me wrong here. You all know I am an UCS Star Wars fanboy. Is the Sandcrawler worth it? Is it worthy of my time and potential top set of the year contention over Fairground Mixer? I am not expecting anything to topple my current choice for best 2014 set(o_OSpACeSHiP!!!o_O), but anything to shake up the already difficult 2-5 is most welcome.

Oowat. Jaa. Utinni!

Sandcrawler is EPIC!
It's the mutha____in Sandcrawler son!
You know, if the mixer will be assimilated anyway, just wait till next year. Perhaps someday there'll be a deal for it outside of Double VIP.

You Only Sandcrawler Once!

Euro-LegoGAF ! The second promotional winter set (40107) is up for grabs for VIPs on the European S@H (55€ and more). Got a Mini Cooper to get it (at last).
A few other not-so-amazing discounts are live too, on Arkham, Sopwith, Sydney Opera and a few others. If you want them, now would be a good time, as I think they're on their way out...
EDIT : omg seems like the helicarrier is getting real ! Can't wait :)

Arkham is pretty cool and has awesome figures. Sydney Opera is massive and a great display piece, but a better parts pack. Sopwith is the best of that bunch.
But, I think EU gets a discount on the Red Five Sex Wing. Which is a killer set.

Oowat. Jaa. Utinni!

Sandcrawler is EPIC!
It's the mutha____in Sandcrawler son!
You know, if the mixer will be assimilated anyway, just wait till next year. Perhaps someday there'll be a deal for it outside of Double VIP.

You Only Sandcrawler Once!

Oh, it ain't Spaceship. Spaceship is indeed awesome, but it ain't my number 1 for the year thus far. My personal number 1 will be VERY hard to dethrone right now. It is 4-5 that are extremely difficult to rank. Hell, just deciding what goes in those four slots at all is difficult.

wetwired

Despite the exterior "flimsiness" at the end, how would you rate the overall build?

I found it to be fascinating how the foundation was built even though you never see it outside of during the build; just knowing what's "under the hood" to me is a thrill to think back on!

The exterior is getting more annoying the more I handle it/have it. I have 2 pieces that have fallen off that I can't even figure out where they've come from.

It was interesting to see all this structure underneath with no idea how it actually fits into the grand picture finally come together in the end but I wish pieces were stronger and not so fragile. Even just picking it up and transporting it somewhere else is a chore.

Also I caved and bought a portable battery powered lamp as the first night was a pain trying to find a specific black part in a pile of black parts in my poorly lit lounge room.

While I hem and haw about ordering anything, I will put this out there:

Is anyone getting two of the holiday set this weekend? I have two of the free Elf sets from double VIP days, and would be willing to trade one for one of the ice rink sets that are free right now. That way I don't have to spend money I dont have this weekend to get a free set, and maybe I help someone else out.

Anyone want to do that?

The exterior is getting more annoying the more I handle it/have it. I have 2 pieces that have fallen off that I can't even figure out where they've come from.

It was interesting to see all this structure underneath with no idea how it actually fits into the grand picture finally come together in the end but I wish pieces were stronger and not so fragile. Even just picking it up and transporting it somewhere else is a chore.

I have picked mine up from the bottom and been really careful about touching anything else. It looks so awesome when done, but damn does it feel fragile when picking it up. And it is a shame, because the underlying frame is solid as hell.

Zerojul

But, I think EU gets a discount on the Red Five Sex Wing. Which is a killer set.
Doh, you're right, I forgot to mention that one. It's a killer set all right, it's the thing that pulled me back into Lego love. But I don't think it's retiring soon.
Oh, it ain't Spaceship. Spaceship is indeed awesome, but it ain't my number 1 for the year thus far. My personal number 1 will be VERY hard to dethrone right now. It is 4-5 that are extremely difficult to rank. Hell, just deciding what goes in those four slots at all is difficult.
Do we have like an official voting or something ? LegoGAF 2014 awards of some sort ? That could be fun :)
Deciding a top 5 is tough though, lots of good stuff this year I think.

Doh, you're right, I forgot to mention that one. It's a killer set all right, it's the thing that pulled me back into Lego love. But I don't think it's retiring soon

Is Ewok Village on sale too? If so, that is the set to get. Sure, it ain't retiring as quickly, but it is the supreme set.

Do we have like an official voting or something ? LegoGAF 2014 awards of some sort ? That could be fun :)
Deciding a top 5 is tough though, lots of good stuff this year I think.

Okay, that is an interesting idea. But how to make a list of contenders? Does everyone just make top 5's or something, and then make a thread about what came out supreme? That seems to be the most just way and similar to MOC contest voting, but with many more variables. Each year I just post my personal top 5, and I know Ghostmind does as well. I don't think of myself as any kind of authority on the stuff, but I am very vocal about my love of certain sets. A few other random members have made lists as well, but I sadly cannot remember whom.

I think it would be a fun experiment though. It would give a great insight into what others hold in high regard, and give a clearer picture of where everyone's tastes lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom