• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned

I need to see more pics but i'm not really feeling that build right now. It looks old school Lego like Benny's Spaceship which I can see why some people would love that. It's just to me it seems like these Avengers sets are going downhill year after year and the Jets especially. It also looks much smaller, i'm getting the feeling this is going to be a Darkseid type set where you are paying a premium for the big fig.

Those Elves dragons are adorable though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah I can see myself caving on the dragons.

To keep my budget in line I've regretfully had to skip most disney princess and elves sets... but those big dragons will do me in.

I need to see more pics but i'm not really feeling that build right now. It looks old school Lego like Benny's Spaceship which I can see why some people would love that. It's just to me it seems like these Avengers sets are going downhill year after year and the Jets especially. It also looks much smaller, i'm getting the feeling this is going to be a Darkseid type set where you are paying a premium for the big fig.

Those Elves dragons are adorable though.

I'm not a fan of the Avenjet either, at least not based off what is currently shown. Same thing with the Iron Skull Submarine. Pretty weak offerings, and it doesn't look like Batman vs. Superman will offer much either.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ninjago needs to chill...

With each new wave it manages to stay fresh and interesting. But the sheer number of sets they are releasing for that theme lately is absurd. It's way too much, shocked that any kids could keep up with it even moderately.

I honestly wonder if it will burn out before the new movie comes around. They really need to take it easy. I think the pace of the Marvel and DC sets is much more sustainable and easier to keep up with in terms of purchasing a variety of them.

On another note... what happened to this set!? I was looking forward to it after the minifigure cubes from last year. Was hoping this would turn up but haven't heard any thing about its release.

http://brickset.com/sets/5004077-1/Minifigure-cube (for reference, here is the 2014 cube)

Gonna need Lightning Lad to go with Cosmic Boy...

http://brickset.com/sets/30604-1/Cosmic-Boy

As always thanks ghostmind!

Seeing the Duplo Mickey Mouse stuff just makes me want Disney LEGO System minifigs more. Classic Disney characters like Mickey, Donald, etc.

I'm over my Friends fascination except for standouts like Heartlake Hotel.
I am still interested in some of their Princess and Elves sets still though. Lots of interesting pieces and colors.

Nexo Knights: I'm all in for the Nexo Ultimate sets which seem to be single minifig packs with tons of interesting parts for the minifings. I'm guessing that's the collectible part that was mentioned in the product descriptions.

Microfighters: Glad to see Microfighters still kicking around. I'll be getting the Ghost and the Tie Advance prototype. I may get Wookiee Gunship just for the minifig. Curious on the ones not shown. Are they TFA sets?

Bionicle: I'm not a Bionicle person, but the creature constraction sets are definitely interesting.
Is this the final wave of Bionicle? This seems like the 3rd form/version of the heroes. Do they evolve further?

Evles: The dragons are cool and cute, but they are too cute for my tastes (yet I probably will still get them). Maybe I can make brick built heads that are a bit less cute.
I really like the designs in the Elves sets, just not a huge fan of the color schemes.

Creator: There are always a bunch of Creator sets that impress me each year.

Ninjago: I guess my expectations were getting a bit high because now I'm a tiny bit disappointed seeing the prelims. Designs seem fine to good from what I can see. Maybe it's the orange color scheme on some of the sets. Orange goes well with dark green and brown colors, but I dunno, I just don't like it.

Super disappointed the ballon parts are orange. Not going to be very reusable. I guess I better snag another Friends balloon set so I can make a complete white hot air balloon.

I was going to comment I'm disappointed Hyperion is in a white suit since he never had one. Then I remembered that is a prelim. I'm hoping for the classic red and yellow suit with an atom symbol on it, but any other version as long as it's based on a comic book version is good.

I wanted Ironman to have a different color scheme or something very different for his space suit. Same goes with Captain America. Again, since it's prelim, they may change. I hope so.

I think the Avenjet is giving me Skyfire vibes... nostalgia for when I was a kid.

Or I just want more Galaxy Squad.

That's what it was! I couldn't place why the red and white color scheme reminded me of something. I think the design is pretty good, but it's obviously going to be compared to the 2 quinjet versions which is a bit unfair I think (unless the price is about the same).

Ninjago needs to chill...

With each new wave it manages to stay fresh and interesting. But the sheer number of sets they are releasing for that theme lately is absurd. It's way too much.

I honestly wonder if it will burn out before the new movie comes around. They really need to take it easy.

On another note... what happened to this set!? I was looking forward to it after the minifigure cubes from last year. Was hoping this would turn up but haven't heard any thing about its release.

http://brickset.com/sets/5004077-1/Minifigure-cube

I agree on Ninjago. I guess the sets must be selling pretty well still. I'm basically in OCD collection mode now where I want each new version of the main characters. I'm planning on getting all of the last wave, but I don't think I will for this upcoming wave (unless I find missing sets heavily discounted).

You need to chill too. :) J/K I'm gonna be all over that cube. Maybe it will be around the same time the last cube showed up. Last time, the cube caught everyone off guard as there was no "leaks" I recall on a Superboy minifig.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmmm I was remembering the previous cube as releasing in November but I'm wrong... it came out in December 2014 so maybe there is still hope for a 2015 cube actually releasing.

It was part of a Target promo: $15 on its own or free for a purchase of over $49 in Ninjago, City, Chima, or DC Comics sets.

Here is hoping we see something on it soon.
You need to chill too.
I'm trying! Gaaah!!

LOL at a Friends set with a stud blaster.

The treehouse seems to have tons of good parts, could be a good parts pack down the road. The pop star house is really neat and, like the yacht, should be easily de-Friend-ified.

Ultimate Nexo sets should be an easy way to complete your collection of the main characters if you don't want the sets.

The Elves inn looks nice with good parts and apparently a new character. Can't tell if that's Aira or Skyra in the market place but that set and the fire cave one might be good for parts too, and I want at least one of the dragons.

It's funny how Ninjago suddenly became the steampunk theme everyone wanted. Well, time to put your money where your mouth is, I guess.

Very little that I want, which might be a good thing. A little of Elves and a little of Nexo and the reindeer Frozen set, but since I'm getting both the Brick Bank and the GBHQ my finances will be strained early next year either way. It's funny though - it was almost exactly the same last year.

Does that batman bike set have the same wheels as the tumbler or different. I am planning on bricklinking the batpod that they gave a way a few months ago but those wheels are expensive.

Friends Camping Adventure looks really cool. Always a sucker for treehouse sets.

Lego puppy with ducks is a must get.

The Creator boat looks pretty sweet in the tiny pic.

And with the Avengejet, why is Cap throwing his shield in space? Does he have it on a bungee or something?
It would be cool if they gave us a transparent shield so we can have Cap's energy shield.

Ponn

Banned
Friends Camping Adventure looks really cool. Always a sucker for treehouse sets.

Lego puppy with ducks is a must get.

The Creator boat looks pretty sweet in the tiny pic.

And with the Avengejet, why is Cap throwing his shield in space? Does he have it on a bungee or something?
It would be cool if they gave us a transparent shield so we can have Cap's energy shield.

I saw that new puppy and duck creator set and automatically thought Duck Hunt.

Thats what I think I dislike most about the Superhero sets is wasted opportunity for alt suits. iron man only gets slight variations and now they are doing the same with Cap. Where is Super Soldier uniform? Bucky Cap or like you said alt shield.

I'm officially neck deep in Dimensions. Got Portal, Dr. Who, Wicked Witch, BttF and have Zane and the Homer set on the way. Holding out till Brick Friday to round out my order for the Gingerbread house with the Scooby and Unikitty packs.

I saw that new puppy and duck creator set and automatically thought Duck Hunt.

Thats what I think I dislike most about the Superhero sets is wasted opportunity for alt suits. iron man only gets slight variations and now they are doing the same with Cap. Where is Super Soldier uniform? Bucky Cap or like you said alt shield.

I'm officially neck deep in Dimensions. Got Portal, Dr. Who, Wicked Witch, BttF and have Zane and the Homer set on the way. Holding out till Brick Friday to round out my order for the Gingerbread house with the Scooby and Unikitty packs.

I've started Lego Dimensions for real, and it's quite addictive. But there's often the option to upgrade a vehicle to do a task rather than have a specific figure, so I'll try to go with that. I like playing with favourite characters, but I really don't want to buy someone like Cyborg or the ACU guy just to get access to a skill.

I'll probably get Benny and Unikitty at some point, and most likely Venkman to qualify for the Ghostbusters level. But it doesn't seem like the game if officially released around here. Most stores have it, but not the regular smaller toy shops, and not S@H. It would be easier (and scarier) if I could just go anywhere and get more figures as impulse buys rather than having to order them.

Just a heads up, speaking of Dimensions

A customer just told me there is a game-breaking glitch involving the Doctor Who pack. If you have the Red Brick cheat turned on and you're using the TARDIS and you try to land the game could crash and erase your save. Apparently LEGO knows and they put out a statement saying they're working on a patch, but it seems to stem from the level pack being play tested on its own and not in conjunction with the whole rest of the game running with it?

Hope it doesn't screw up anyone here! And if anyone knows about this and has more info please let me know, been trying to inform my coworkers about it. The level can be played through fine with the cheat off, but with it on things start to get messy.

Ponn

Banned
I've started Lego Dimensions for real, and it's quite addictive. But there's often the option to upgrade a vehicle to do a task rather than have a specific figure, so I'll try to go with that. I like playing with favourite characters, but I really don't want to buy someone like Cyborg or the ACU guy just to get access to a skill.

I'll probably get Benny and Unikitty at some point, and most likely Venkman to qualify for the Ghostbusters level. But it doesn't seem like the game if officially released around here. Most stores have it, but not the regular smaller toy shops, and not S@H. It would be easier (and scarier) if I could just go anywhere and get more figures as impulse buys rather than having to order them.

Yea I noticed everyone concentrates on the minifig abilities while not mentioning the items and I thought that was weird. I know some of the vehicles need to be upgraded but like I see the mystery machine can pick up goo and I saw someone riding around on K-9 with lasers blazing. I decided to concentrate on getting the sets I need to unlock all the hubs then figure out what I needed after that to fill in abilities. I do want all the ghostbusters sets regardless though.

I didn't want to mess around Dimensions tonight but I decided for fun id play a mixel game. I have like the last 3 waves of Mixels I haven't touched all in a bag I thought i'd just reach in blindly and pull out 3 random mixels packs to build. I got two Tonguesters and one of the ice mixels.

0zyp6w2.jpg

The Tonguesters honestly creep me out a little. I do like that ice one though, he has a dragon like neck thing going on ski's for feet. He also looks like hes blasting out icicle diarrhea so I mean come on, whats cooler than that.

Tom_Cody

I bought the Ray's Speeder set and the instructions and decals were missing from the box. WTF?

Is this something that happens? Is there a way for me to get Lego to send me replacements?

Has anyone ever seen a modular building conversion from the Spider-Man Daily Bugle Corporation building? I'd had the thought to maybe convert one into a 16 stud wide modular, but I'm not sure where to even start, and Google searching hasn't turned up anything. I'd be surprised if no one has tried it before, though.

Photo bomb coming. Click the pics for full resolution:

Backside of the display. It is 45" x 25".

Frontside of the display.

Airship and Lucifer spotted in the background.

Airship on display. I had a remote to start the rotors up when people were looking at it and catch them off guard.

EEEEK!

Ghost Knight haunts the grounds.

This hiker should have stuck to the road and stayed off the moors...

This is his boom stick!

A member of the Cobra Kai falls victim to a zombie.

The Cobra Kai flee!

The demon tree claims a victim. Push a lever on the back of the tree, and the jaw closes and the eyes light up with demonic power!

Some poor schmuck being turned into a plant monster.

Overhead of the church.

Front entrance of the church.

Interior of the church, with the closest approximation of the ending of The Fog as I can get.

REPENT!

While on their way to the Nationals, a local cheer squad was killed in a horrific bus accident due to sabotage from a competing team. Now, they return from the dead to seek their vengeance!

There were a lot of other details I wanted to get pics of in the store since the lighting was good, but I barely had time to snap pics between people looking at it and kids getting really grabby.

ghostmind

Awesome MOCs Phon - especially the church.

Is this the first public showing of your work? I know you've made a lot of MOCs for yourself before...

She's in the "Battle on Takodana" set.

Because who doesn't remember that epic battle... Oh wait.

So far the newly revealed sets have been the smaller size ones for the Star Wars line. Only the droid escape pod is something I want to get in on.

The Duplo sets are better than the currents sets which are out, with the eskimo set as the highlight. Also like that the monkey is making a triumphant return, since it has been gone for at least 2 years here in Europe.

Because who doesn't remember that epic battle... Oh wait.

So far the newly revealed sets have been the smaller size ones for the Star Wars line. Only the droid escape pod is something I want to get in on.

The Duplo sets are better than the currents sets which are out, with the eskimo set as the highlight. Also like that the monkey is making a triumphant return, since it has been gone for at least 2 years here in Europe.

Same procedure as last year. January/spring sets are always smaller. Then they reveal a bunch of $100 sets for late summer/fall/Christmas.

Osahi

Love the Rebels Ghost microfighter.

Shame it is the only one that looks cool. I love the microfighter series and have al OT ones, bar the Star Destroyer (that was gone before I started with the series) + the Arc Fighter (because it is so cool, and I love the minifig).

But this bunch doesn't cut it for me. The Ghost is cool thanks to the colors, though I don't really know the ship (never seen Rebels). The Tie is very close to the Interceptor we've got before, and I would've preferred them tackling another ship. The Wookie Gun Ship doesn't really translate well to minifig scale and the AT-DP is just plain bad (the polybag version is so much better).

I hope the TFA microfigs are better. And I'd love them to do a B-, Y- and A-Wing and a Naboo Starfighter once.

TheFuzz

PSA:

Local Wal-Mart here in Atlanta restocked Jurassic World sets. There were plenty of Raptor Escapes, too. For those still looking, you may want to check your stores.

I wish the Technic community was more active online. I can barely find any technic discussion. Which is weird because youd think that it would be popular among adults due to all the cool mechanisms and machines you can build with its parts.

willp2003

Impressive display Phon, I wish I had that much skill and Lego!
Thankfully there aren't many sets on my wish list for early 2016 but then that elusive UCS Hoth set might turn up.
That dog creator set is pretty cool, and some of the new Star Wars figs may tempt me.

neonglow

Technic is something I know I would love, but I made a conscious decision to avoid those sets for the foreseeable future. Classic Space Galaxy Explorer and the Expert Builder (pre-technic) 853 Auto Chassis were my 2 favorite sets that I owned as a kid.

Speaking of Technic, a Technic version of the Millenium Falcon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joegan/22452112527/

That set looks really good for being made out of Technic. I wonder why LEGO doesn't apply the Star Wars license to the Technic system. I could see a Star Destroyer made out of a bunch of Technic plates.

Lego City has been poor for a while.

Fire and Police. That's all the main sets seem to be.

I want a hospital, Garage/gas station, coast guard, an outdoor theme (wooden cabins, ski lifts)

There is a lot they can do buts its just police station every year.

Lego City has been poor for a while.

Fire and Police. That's all the main sets seem to be.

I want a hospital, Garage/gas station, coast guard, an outdoor theme (wooden cabins, ski lifts)

There is a lot they can do buts its just police station every year.

They did a coast guard line two years ago, if I remember correctly. There is plenty of outdoor stuff in Friends and occasionally some camping sets in City as well. Haven't seen a garage in a while but I think there was a fairly recent one.

Technic is something I know I would love, but I made a conscious decision to avoid those sets for the foreseeable future. Classic Space Galaxy Explorer and the Expert Builder (pre-technic) 853 Auto Chassis were my 2 favorite sets that I owned as a kid.

Speaking of Technic, a Technic version of the Millenium Falcon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joegan/22452112527/
That's interesting. I guess that flat curved piece is a baseplate?

Target's Black Friday ad is out. 3 Lego sets will be $55. City Arctic Base Camp, Creator Bike Shop & Cafe, and Lego Movie Super Secret Police Dropship. Not a fantastic deal, but could be worse, I guess.

neonglow

Target's Black Friday ad is out. 3 Lego sets will be $55. City Arctic Base Camp, Creator Bike Shop & Cafe, and Lego Movie Super Secret Police Dropship. Not a fantastic deal, but could be worse, I guess.

The Bike Shop might be the best. I was hoping they'd discount the Brick Bounty to $75 but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom