• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this didn't turn out nearly as detailed or intricate as i planned since i didn't have much time and i am still lacking pieces in the right colors so i had to make due to get something pretty basic but you get the idea.. I really wish they'd make some more of these MicroFighters across different themes (yes i know Marvel will get something similar with the minis)

I call this one: Vlad's moving Castle aka the Blood Drive ;)

sTaFKHi.jpg

idKXy8o.jpg

I just finished the regular Doctor Who level and the special Portal 2 level from the level pack... and both are AWESOME! Doctor Who is some real survival horror stuff (those Weeping Angels, man!) and Portal 2 is another slice of Valve goodness, just recreated in a Lego world.

Although, you can do some serious cheating with Eris or any other flyer.

I also love how you can use the DeLorean on the Portal hub level to travel back in time to a cleaner test chamber ... and the date you travel from is 2011!

Rootbeer

Banned
The ghostbusters firehouse is sooooooooo good.

I'm definitely budgeting for it. I wish January weren't so packed with good stuff. It's like that every year but it's REALLY bad this year.

Now this didn't turn out nearly as detailed or intricate as i planned since i didn't have much time and i am still lacking pieces in the right colors so i had to make due to get something pretty basic but you get the idea.. I really wish they'd make some more of these MicroFighters across different themes (yes i know Marvel will get something similar with the minis)

I call this one: Vlad's moving Castle aka the Blood Drive ;)
Lol that's great

Ponn

Banned
I do gotta say in regards to the controversy over the Ideas GB HQ and this one I am relieved for Lego that it does open differently than the other one and the insides are indeed different.

Maengun1

Firehouse is very nice but I'm simply not *that* into Ghostbusters to be tempted. I have and love the Ecto-1, but at $350 this set is an easy pass for me.

I may pick up the Dimensions Slimer pack just to get him, though.

Ponn

Banned
anyone here got the Joker Steamroller set from a ways back? I saw it discounted and wondered whether it was worth getting hmmm

It is definitely worth getting. The figs are great and the Steamroller is great and fun to build. Just don't bother building the batwing and save yourself the disappointment.

It is definitely worth getting. The figs are great and the Steamroller is great and fun to build. Just don't bother building the batwing and save yourself the disappointment.

Thanks... just bought it.
As for the Batwing, yeah i kinda figured... it immediately looked weird and completely unnecessary to me right off the bat (bad pun intended, sue me) so i guess my best bat errr bet is to just build the Batwing from "Batwing Battle over Gotham City" that i still have sealed away somewhere from years back right? That is unless Lego decides to finally give us an awesome huge UCS Batwing which will never happen.

I'm on bag 3 of the Ghost and am really enjoying seeing it come together. I was going to take it apart after and use for parts but if the rest of the build is this nice I may have to keep it.

I'm on bag 3 of the Ghost and am really enjoying seeing it come together. I was going to take it apart after and use for parts but if the rest of the build is this nice I may have to keep it.

I'm a big fan of it. If you haven't gotten the Phantom it's worth picking up so you can join the two. Makes for a more impressive presentation.

wetwired

So, Janine is playing Breakout...

Nice to see the round tile with pin seeing more use. The clear one is a bit too tight to use with the round plate with hole, but maybe the tolerance is better with pearl gold.

Took me a while to see that even after you said it. I also noticed the nice way of getting wood treatment on those lockers, dark brown frames with brown inserts

3N16MA

Banned
My Parisian Restaurant arrived today in a box barely big enough to fit. No packaging material to prevent damage to the box. I have seen TRU use bigger boxes for much smaller sets.

I had a few TMNT figures come in a box just as big.

Rootbeer

Banned
It is being reported that if you buy Temple of Airjitsu at a LEGO store tomorrow you get the Enter the Serpent (a $60 set) for free with it as a special promotion.

Call your LEGO store to make sure.

*edit* called my LEGO store and doesn't seem to be legit. I read about it here.

Ponn

Banned
Thanks... just bought it.
As for the Batwing, yeah i kinda figured... it immediately looked weird and completely unnecessary to me right off the bat (bad pun intended, sue me) so i guess my best bat errr bet is to just build the Batwing from "Batwing Battle over Gotham City" that i still have sealed away somewhere from years back right? That is unless Lego decides to finally give us an awesome huge UCS Batwing which will never happen.

Yea the Batwing thing is killing me. My last hope is they do something for the Batman Lego Movie.

mojiimbo

It is being reported that if you buy Temple of Airjitsu at a LEGO store tomorrow you get the Enter the Serpent (a $60 set) for free with it as a special promotion.

Call your LEGO store to make sure.

*edit* called my LEGO store and doesn't seem to be legit. I read about it here.
"tomorrow..."

Seems like it's the sort of thing they would hold back until Black Friday.....

Rootbeer

Banned
thebrickfan is doubling down on the info saying all stores will have this promo starting Friday, lasting through the weekend. I guess there will be deals on other Ninjago sets too

It was a really fun build. Pick the phantom up along with it!

You guys are really selling me on these sets, but in Europe these sets still cost 80 and 30 euro (avout $150 together), which looks a bit steep. In the review video I saw the model looked a bit on the small side for that kind of money. Maybe I will just wait and see if they go on clearence somewhere, would not mind spending like 80 euro for them together.

If you want a cheapish Star Wars set this year, it is all about the TIE Advance Prototype. Magnificent stuff.

Really? What makes it so good? The built didn't look like a lot of fun due to it being the same on two sides, am I missing something here? Noticed I am not fond of doing the exact same thing for more than 2 big bags now that I am putting together the Millenium Falcon and the round edge was really starting to bore me halfway.

Only got into Lego one and a half month ago (because of Pointa of Articulation) and already spent over 500 euro on Lego Star Wars sets... This hobby is so much more expensive then gaming... Do really like the calmness, focus and precision it brings when building.

Have you guys seen Droid Tales yet? Especially the first episode of that show is brilliant. It is really funny and they do things I would never expect Disney would let them get away with. Highly recommended.

mojiimbo

thebrickfan is doubling down on the info saying all stores will have this promo starting Friday, lasting through the weekend. I guess there will be deals on other Ninjago sets too
The timing is the only thing in question...I'll report back tomorrow morning if no one else has by then...

For what it's worth, I've heard absolutely nothing about any Temple of Airjitzu promo. Granted it's possible I didn't see the memo, but they typically make sure we all know about stuff like that ahead of time, and the memos get posted on a bulletin board for us to all be able to look at. When I was working earlier today the only memos had to do with Brick Friday, nobody's said a thing about any other promos.

mojiimbo

Yeah, turns out that Temple deal *is* this weekend after all.

Next Saturday they should be doing their pre-Black Friday VIP day thing too.....

New Creator/City/Technic and the 2 new Frozen sets should be starting to show up now but they're being held for December 1st for now.

Rootbeer

Banned
Thanks for the confirmation. I wish this deal were online... I really don't want to travel all the way to my local LEGO store just for this deal, although it's a pretty good deal.

My S@H order for Santa's Visit and Winter Fun is now 'in warehouse' after being backordered for many days. Both sets are currently in stock for shipping, too. Will they be able to last through Black Friday? Or maybe even Dec 1st (Doctor Who day)?

Really? What makes it so good? The built didn't look like a lot of fun due to it being the same on two sides, am I missing something here? Noticed I am not fond of doing the exact same thing for more than 2 big bags now that I am putting together the Millenium Falcon and the round edge was really starting to bore me halfway.

I got the set after so many people on here were gushing about it, and after building it I think the description one GAFfer had for it was accurate: the ship is chunky.
While it is mirrored, the set is small enough that it doesn't become a bore, and it is just a ton of small parts crammed into such a tight space that the build felt really cool.
It is a nice and compact ship when done as well, and the hidden laser launcher is very well disguised.

Thanks for the confirmation. I wish this deal were online... I really don't want to travel all the way to my local LEGO store just for this deal, although it's a pretty good deal.

My S@H order for Santa's Visit and Winter Fun is now 'in warehouse' after being backordered for many days. Both sets are currently in stock for shipping, too. Will they be able to last through Black Friday? Or maybe even Dec 1st (Doctor Who day)?
Hoping it lasts until Black Friday or the VIP day as well. I need those two to get all the seasonal sets this year.

So would the Temple of Airjitzu promo also overlap with the Holiday Train promo if the Lego Store has those in stock? Cause I need to return a S@H order in which I got a holiday train...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Tempted to jump on that Ninjago deal... Closest Lego store is like 45 minutes away though, so that's annoying.

Ponn

Banned
What are these VIP deals? Damn it why do they do something like that before black friday knowing people want the gingerbread house.

I'm also eyeing a Tower Bridge set for $200. I have no idea where to display it but with that Big Ben set coming out I thought they would look great together. And for Halloween you can burn it down with 28 days later zombies running around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom