• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to get excited when i realize this is 99.9% likely to be a US thing only anyway so.... :(

And not just a US thing, but a store-by-store thing from the sound of it. Unless we got a memo about it this morning I've heard nothing about this at all at my store, and it looks like a couple other Gaffers called around and their stores aren't doing it either. How strange!

ghostmind

cYhhKDf.jpg

Why hello there Ms. Marvel. I expect to see you in a Civil War set since your movie is still way off.

I see they got rid of the classic hair curl and made it more like Henry Cavill's. I'm sure we'll see that new hair mould used a lot in other sets in the future. It's generic enough.

Blurry, but also from the Avenjet set. The minifigs are superb!

fE9rQMO.jpg

Excellent. More Iron Man variants.

EDIT: I just noticed Wonder Woman's hair doesn't include the tiara like the previous versions which is great since hair can be reused easily.

mojiimbo

What are these VIP deals? Damn it why do they do something like that before black friday knowing people want the gingerbread house.

I'm also eyeing a Tower Bridge set for $200. I have no idea where to display it but with that Big Ben set coming out I thought they would look great together. And for Halloween you can burn it down with 28 days later zombies running around!
Next Saturday is double points(online and in store) and the gingerbread house w/$99+ purchase for all VIP members. Plus the calendar if you qualify too.

Ponn

Banned
Next Saturday is double points(online and in store) and the gingerbread house w/$99+ purchase for all VIP members. Plus the calendar if you qualify too.

Whooooooa wait. We can get the Gingerbread house one week early?? And double vip?? Crap in a hat I missed that somewhere, great news and thanks. I don't need to wait for brick friday because the sales have stunk, would rather have double vip.

that captain marvel fig is glorious.

So I was playing more of dimensions today and damn I thought the weeping angels were creepy in the Dr. Who level pack. Boy was I wrong. I got to the dr. who level in the game story mode and holy crap they are scary as fuck there. Even the characters were flipping out how scared they were and they take it so much further, I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I was like NOPE NOPE NOPE all over the place. I have never felt a sense of urgency in any Lego game till that part.

I also ran into my first real irritating moment in the wizard of oz hub world. The hub world is fantastic, don't get me wrong there. I spent all afternoon there and still am not finished with it. I did however run into a puzzle that required a specific fig, Jay, which happens to also be an exclusive fig which I thought was horseshit. On top of that you can't rent him like others for this because it was a very specific case where you had to use stealth and a mr. fix it ability and point blank tells you that you need the jay fig.

Double VIP confirmed then? Was crossing my fingers for triple again. I guess I got spoiled that week.

But double VIP is better than the non sale we got last year. Or did we get double VIP and I skipped on it. I never got the second holiday set last year, but have two of the first one.

Beginning preliminary work on OT 5. If anyone wants their MOCs, storage solutions, or anything personal they want shared in the OT, please send me a PM with details. The more GAF MOCs to share the better.

Also, recommended sets in the price ranges similar to the OP in this one. The recommended sets can be posted in here, as it also helps other shop. :)
Please keep in mind with recommended sets that they should be things that can easily be purchased for the first several months of 2016 since we will probably get some new eyeballs when it goes live in a month or so.

Elves so bought.

Lego City...they really have a problem with robbers. Maybe the next line should be Lego City UNDERWORLD, where we see what these criminals are truly up to.

Bigfoot

Buying LEGO for my nephews. Best sets that came out this year under $50? Any theme goes but prefer sets that have a decent piece count for the price.

Buying LEGO for my nephews. Best sets that came out this year under $50? Any theme goes but prefer sets that have a decent piece count for the price.
Creator is your friend.

Hulkbuster set is still aces, and a great play set.

Mixels are also great bang for the buck for stocking stuffers.

TheFuzz

Mystery Machine or Hulkbuster. Haven't grabbed it yet, but Changing Seasons looks good as well.

Thanks. Hulkbuster it is for one of them. I'll check out the other sets or just buy the other nephew a bunch of Mixels.

Hulkbuster is an easy recommendation. If going to Star Wars, the TIE Advance Prototype is a great set.

Again, Creator sets are highly recommended. You get a good variety of pieces, three different builds, and usually at a lower price than sets of comparable size.

If you do decide to splurge and go to the $70 mark, or find it on sale, the Creator Blue Power Jet is one I would highly, highly recommend. I know a few others on here would as well.

Ponn

Banned

Does he like ninjas? You can get Ninjago Wu's dragon for under $50. Hulkbuster is also a great set already recommended but thirded, or fourthed, whatever.

Nexo: Where's the cool mech? I will definitely get the small minifigure power packs or whatever they are just for the minifigs and parts.

City: I like that sporty police car. The island prison is cool. I have little interest in City theme, but there are some nice sets in that wave.

Elves: She's the mother of dragons!!! (last photo). She looks like she's feeding the baby dragon chocolate. Wait until the dragon grows up and has a taste for animal flesh.

Ninjago: Much better. I thought those colors were orange in earlier leaked photos, but they look like nougat/dark flesh which is way better. Nougat for the balloon can pass for leather or something.

My LEGO store was doing this promotion. They did cross out the UPC after purchase though. This is the Hillsdale Mall location in the Bay Area.

Darn! I was just at that location on Wednesday. I picked up a damaged box Tumbler that came with an extra 500 VIP points. I'm in the east bay. I wonder if the one in Pleasanton is doing the promotion or not.

YOOOOO!!!

Nether Skeleton!! and it looks like it's arms and legs are.. longer than normal? And I seeing that right?

Probably gonna have to buy multiples of that set.

Also glad to see a Jungle set and a Cat, plus a Stone Gollem!! Now the only NPCs we're missing are the Witch and Chickens. Weren't there one or two additional Minecraft set numbers leaked recently? Fourth Wave?

Osahi

A couple of TFA Microfighters:

http://imgur.com/a/EcPZD

Looks like a mixed bag, this third series (but imo the previous two were too). I'll grab the snowspeeder. Not only because of the figure, because it translates well too. The X-wing I'm not sure about... You can't really make out the picture.

Then it is just the Ghost for me. Maybe the tie too. The walker is really disapointing, especially compared to the great polly version I have.

I've wanted it for parts for a while, and since I needed some for a build right this weekend and it was on sale, I jumped on The Desert Outpost. It was overpriced to begin with, but with a sale it's very near a reasonable price per part. And again it's worth pointing out that PPP is a very vague description of value to begin with. A set with 1000 round 1x1 plates for $75 wouldn't be a good value.

nvdwhNl.jpg

This set is ridiculously useful. I'd say there's probably even more immediately useful parts in muted colours than any basic brick set. I mostly got it for all those jumpers, but 2*X bricks are always good to have, as well as headlight bricks and wall textures.

ruxtpin

Banned
Did anyone get an invite to a special VIP sale this year? Year or so ago I got the invite along with the chrome red keychain figure. No invite this year (and my local store said they're doing another invite event next week), but I know I spent more money than I did the year before. What's up with that?!

Did anyone get an invite to a special VIP sale this year? Year or so ago I got the invite along with the chrome red keychain figure. No invite this year (and my local store said they're doing another invite event next week), but I know I spent more money than I did the year before. What's up with that?!
More people outspent you this year, maybe?

ghostmind

I switched over to S@H this year, so no invite for me.

However, I am heading to my local store next Saturday, to get the Gingerbread House, Calendar, and 2x VIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom