• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
71011 CMF 15
71012 Disney CMF
71013 CMF 16
71014 UEFA Football CMF

A wild guess is a collection of licensed stars. It wouldn't make sense to have different teams represented by a generic figure - generally each team would be incredibly sought after in that country and the rest would be "shelfwarming". But specific stars have appeal all over - Zlatan would sell in Italy and France in addition to causing stampedes in Swedish toy stores...

Omg. I just realized that his ego will be even more inflated if he gets his own figure.

nny

Ronaldo's will be the first minifigure with legs apart, so it will be easy to find.

90353_ori_.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
71014 UEFA Football CMF

If it has Ronaldo, I'm getting one and then melt it. Look forward to the youtube.

Also: no Dutch outfit to collect.... :(

But this is a great idea really. They should revisit an NBA/NHL license like they had before, and add MLB, NFL, etc.

Another plus: It's gonna have a lot of distinct flesh/black heads to use.

Herbs

Banned
Been stockpiling this set for a while to build up my Stormtrooper army... finally decided to bust them out today!

Gonna have fun with these guys. So many things to do with them...

welp. thanks to this, I just went and got myself 10 of these for fun

Daeda

NBA collectible minifigs would work the best since they have universal appeal.

That's a really big overestimation of the NBA appeal outside of the US. Really, only football will work world wide, albeit not so much in the US. Plus you should keep in mind that LEGO is Danish, not American so they do have a different cultural perspective.

Is NBA the basket balls or the bases balls?

It is the basket one.

No sport unites people worldwide like soccer does. Maybe they could do the olympics later.

Over halfway with building my Kylo Ren command shuttle. Building is fun, but it is not easy on the eyes so far.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It is the basket one.

No sport unites people worldwide like soccer does. Maybe they could do the olympics later.

Over halfway with building my Kylo Ren command shuttle. Building is fun, but it is not easy on the eyes so far.

They've already done the Olympics with the Team GB series:

8909-0.jpg

NBA collectible minifigs would work the best since they have universal appeal.

LEGO tried NBA in 2003. Not sure how well it sold. They had the ugly type eyes like Clone Wars minifigs.

I wouldn't mind generic sports sets. I just hope they don't modify the minifigs to have springs or built-in play features (they should just link the figures to video games instead).

Looking on Brickset, they had 8 NBA Collectors sets which came with 3 minifigs and cards.

http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Sports/subtheme-Basketball
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Basketball

Also, they did put some backetball players in "The LEGO Movie".

greenwood01.jpg

I finished my latest, biggest build. It's the dwelling of my elf characters, built in a couple of huge trees overlooking a neat waterfall.

I've had vague plans for this for years, pretty much since I started customizing figures which led me back into Lego. Along the way I extended the family of characters. At one point I thought about using the Ewok Village as as base, but eventually I made a design completely on my own. Sydney Opera House was very handy in providing some build techniques and a ton of parts. I also got some inspiration from Ferris Wheel on how to secure the inner structure - the trees are pretty damn sturdy even though they're basically plates on the outside of Technic skeletons.

greenwood02.jpg

All six characters are newly made for this "set". I used a minimum of paint. Just like Lego started out doing, I'm using custom stickers for the detail, and just painted the hairpieces that didn't come in the right colours.

More pictures and the story (in Swedish)

Ponn

Banned
That's awesome Siegfried. You could easily turn that into a LoTR scene as well, or Monchichi's.

I emailed Lego CS last night about the Lego Wall-E fix and having the current set without the extra parts for the fix. They took my address and said they would mail out the parts to me as soon as they were available free of charge. They didn't even ask for proof of purchase. So if you have a Wall-E set shoot them an email to get your parts.

I also got the VIP early access email. It said the 21st, free gingerbread house with $99 purchase, free shipping on ALL online orders and double VIP points.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just to confirm, the double VIP/Gingerbread House promo/Calendar promo starts tomorrow (Friday), right?

Gonna get me some Ninjago dragons!

fisheyes

So the combination of two of my favourite childhood things - lego and Simpsons - seemingly doesn't get a third set, but soccer/ football does? Lame

ruxtpin

Banned
So the combination of two of my favourite childhood things - lego and Simpsons - seemingly doesn't get a third set, but soccer/ football does? Lame

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get a third Simpsons set. I'm not really sure how the first two sold (or the minifigs for that matter), but I loved the use of bright colors in the sets and figs. I rarely ever watched the show - and I know the chances of a third large set are probably not likely - but one can hope.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get a third Simpsons set. I'm not really sure how the first two sold (or the minifigs for that matter), but I loved the use of bright colors in the sets and figs. I rarely ever watched the show - and I know the chances of a third large set are probably not likely - but one can hope.

What would the 3rd set be? Nuclear plant and school are only other iconic buildings I can think would get made. The school would be boring, but we'd get a Principal Skinner. Moe's Tavern will never happen.

I am really hoping for a 3rd wave of Simpsons CMFs, but that doesn't seem likely unless LEGO is giving it a short rest until 2017. There are some big gaps in the minifigure lineup.

ruxtpin

Banned
Hey! I don't get paid to answer those kinds of questions! =P

lol - I don't really know. I thought nuclear plant would be interesting, but that would probably be too large a set (if it was done well) for it to be financially feasible.

A set or series of Simpsons mini-modulars or similar scale builds? people'd probably pay to build up a tiny Springfield a couple buildings at a time. They could even pack in unique figures with their respective buildings if the city was split up enough.

edit: since Moe's is off the table and the nuclear plant is huge, if they do a third full-scale building I'd expect the comic book shop.

fisheyes

edit: since Moe's is off the table and the nuclear plant is huge, if they do a third full-scale building I'd expect the comic book shop.

I would assume the same. Potentially maybe Krusty Burger, since that was in the background of the Simpsons lego dimensions box.

Honestly just the CMF is what I want though. There's a few glaring omissions.

Trying to figure out what to buy to get to $100 for my order Saturday. I want to go nuts and get the Sandcrawler finally, but don't have the money now to do it. So going for Morro Dragon (don't fail me, GAF! This set better deliver since I can get it cheaper through work), the two Christmas seasonal sets, and then...something. I don't know what.

I am looking for a new keychain though. That could be fun. Perhaps a Hulk keychain. If only they made a Doctor Doom keychain. And I might finally buy a train motor.

And then I need to plan for Doctor Who a week later.

Ponn

Banned
The doctor who set is just coming out a most incovenient time. It's not in time for Brick Friday, Dec. is christmas shopping month AND GB HQ saving month. I'm going to have to let it go for now and hope it gets restocked after the new year.

Oh hey phon you should get the exclusive Jay fun pack for dimensions from the Lego Store. He comes in handy and I found at least one puzzle only his fig specifically can unlock.

Ryuuroden

Trying to figure out what to buy to get to $100 for my order Saturday. I want to go nuts and get the Sandcrawler finally, but don't have the money now to do it. So going for Morro Dragon (don't fail me, GAF! This set better deliver since I can get it cheaper through work), the two Christmas seasonal sets, and then...something. I don't know what.

I am looking for a new keychain though. That could be fun. Perhaps a Hulk keychain. If only they made a Doctor Doom keychain. And I might finally buy a train motor.

And then I need to plan for Doctor Who a week later.

I hope they make Dalek, Doctor Who, Weeping Angels, and Cybermen keychains someday.

The doctor who set is just coming out a most incovenient time. It's not in time for Brick Friday, Dec. is christmas shopping month AND GB HQ saving month. I'm going to have to let it go for now and hope it gets restocked after the new year.

Oh hey phon you should get the exclusive Jay fun pack for dimensions from the Lego Store. He comes in handy and I found at least one puzzle only his fig specifically can unlock.

Jay fun pack?

And I was just reminded that I haven't gotten Brainiac Attacks yet, and I need my Brainiac and Supergirl figures. That easily gets me over the $99 threshold.

Ponn

Banned
Jay fun pack?.

Yea, there are two fun packs that are exclusive to TRU and of course Lego Stores. Jay from Ninjago is one and Laval is the other one I believe.

Jay Fun Pack There is a puzzle that requires both Stealth and Fix It abilities at the same time and only Jay has both of them. Plus he unlocks the Ninjago hub world.

I already got another email from Lego and they have already shipped my parts for the Wall-E fix so they are really on top of this. Kudos to them.

Also I don't want to start anything but I just thought this was too funny to not mention. Apparently China bootleggers have aleady beaten Disney to the CMF punch.

Yea, there are two fun packs that are exclusive to TRU and of course Lego Stores. Jay from Ninjago is one and Laval is the other one I believe.

Jay Fun Pack There is a puzzle that requires both Stealth and Fix It abilities at the same time and only Jay has both of them. Plus he unlocks the Ninjago hub world.

I already got another email from Lego and they have already shipped my parts for the Wall-E fix so they are really on top of this. Kudos to them.

Also I don't want to start anything but I just thought this was too funny to not mention. Apparently China bootleggers have aleady beaten Disney to the CMF punch.

How do I get the parts to fix Wall-E? I have him on display with the custom fix I did, but won't turn down free parts.

Ponn

Banned
How do I get the parts to fix Wall-E? I have him on display with the custom fix I did, but won't turn down free parts.

Just go to Lego.com or shop@home, click on customer support and then look for contact us. You will have an option to email them and it will ask you for information and in the comments just tell them to you bought the Wall-E set but need the parts to do the fix the came out with, done and done. I offered to send them my receipt but they didn't even ask for it just to confirm my shipping address.

Just go to Lego.com or shop@home, click on customer support and then look for contact us. You will have an option to email them and it will ask you for information and in the comments just tell them to you bought the Wall-E set but need the parts to do the fix the came out with, done and done. I offered to send them my receipt but they didn't even ask for it just to confirm my shipping address.

Cool, thank you.

In fairness Football is insanely popular, I can see them selling a bucket load of these.

I'm a huge football fan but I can't say they interest me though (I do have an old Zinedine Zidane Lego set im guessing from around 98)

your second link is broken, it's the link to the jay figure

Ponn

Banned
your second link is broken, it's the link to the jay figure

Haha, sorry about that. Disney bootlegs.

I know how we feel about bootlegs but I just wanted to bring it up because in my own way I thought it was funny bootleggers beat Lego to their own Disney CMF's and also I thought it was an interesting glimpse at what they will possibly look like. We can probably expect the unique head molds. I'm also wondering if maybe they somehow got access to the actual Lego molds and we are seeing them there. Would the classic characters maybe look better as mini dolls instead?

teeny

Just got a Lego VIP Exclusive Offers! email for tomorrow only but it doesn't seem to be the event the US are getting (unless I'm mistaken). Hopefully it means double VIP points and early gingerbread house! Then my spending for this year will be complete. :D

Just got a Lego VIP Exclusive Offers! email for tomorrow only but it doesn't seem to be the event the US are getting (unless I'm mistaken). Hopefully it means double VIP points and early gingerbread house! Then my spending for this year will be complete. :D

Got that too (UK)

I'm thinking it's more likely just some 30% discounts on stuff they're trying to get rid of or something rather than anything exciting. That's what was implied anyway.

teeny

Got that too (UK)

I'm thinking it's more likely just some 30% discounts on stuff they're trying to get rid of or something rather than anything exciting. That's what was implied anyway.

That would be disappointing to say the least, especially considering what our friends the other side of the pond are getting.

Oh well, it's only an extra week if so. We will see tomorrow :)

Gonna check tonight. Last time everything interesting was gone in a few hours.

If there's nothing good, I might pick up the Grand Hotel for about 25% off in the local store. There's so much nice stuff in that set.

Haha, sorry about that. Disney bootlegs.

I know how we feel about bootlegs but I just wanted to bring it up because in my own way I thought it was funny bootleggers beat Lego to their own Disney CMF's and also I thought it was an interesting glimpse at what they will possibly look like. We can probably expect the unique head molds. I'm also wondering if maybe they somehow got access to the actual Lego molds and we are seeing them there. Would the classic characters maybe look better as mini dolls instead?

Those are awful. There is absolutely no way those are based on anything LEGO designed. It goes to show how much effort goes into LEGO head moulds to get them to look good. LEGO uses actual sculptors to make the initial designs by hand.

Gonna check tonight. Last time everything interesting was gone in a few hours.

If there's nothing good, I might pick up the Grand Hotel for about 25% off in the local store. There's so much nice stuff in that set.

Grand Hotel is a great looking set with lots of useful parts. Only need to swap out the purplish bricks to make it fit in with City theme sets. If I keep getting enough Friends, Elves, and Disney Princess sets I will be able to build a purple Tower of Orthanc someday.

The New Elementary wrote up a nice article on the elements found in the set here: Such a Friendly Place

Rootbeer

Banned
Heh, yeah those Disney bootlegs don't look right... I'm sure they aren't based on any actual LEGO prototypes, but even more than that I *HOPE* they aren't.

Bootleg quality has gotten pretty good lately but these are not some of the better ones.

Having read earlier about the fix for WALL-E, I'm now confused as to whether this affects UK models or just the USA.

We've bought WALL-E as a Christmas present for my daughter (although sneakily looking forward to helping her as much as possible!) so if there is a fix for the UK model then I'd like to get it beforehand.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
...This is getting slightly out of control.

Bought the Temple of Airjitzu last weekend (plus the free Enter the Serpent set) for $200.

Then bought Battle for Ninjago City a couple days after that for $95.

And then I just bought the Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase for $95.

And I plan to go to the LEGO store tomorrow to buy Attack of the Morro Dragon and Wu's Dragon for $110.

Yikes.

greenwood01.jpg

I finished my latest, biggest build. It's the dwelling of my elf characters, built in a couple of huge trees overlooking a neat waterfall.
I was about to say, this is the first Elves set that I want to buy, and then I saw it's a MOC. Really nice work. I love the look of the white on brown, and nice use of the whip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom