• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is planning on making a long trip for the Gingerbread House promo I'd probably call ahead to see what their stock looks like. Wouldn't want to go all that way to find out they sold out of their allotment by noon...

Looks like I may be buying that house off of ebay!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Looks like I may be buying that house off of ebay!

I edited my previous post saying this:

Just called my local store and the guy says they have plenty since they received enough for both today and Black Friday. They got plenty because they didn't want to risk running out today and not having it on Black Friday which is the main day they're advertising the set for. So basically running out today isn't a worry.

wetwired

I managed to score some second hand dinos on a facebook sales page, AUD$180 (USD$130) for this lot posted with insurance

12278801_549866388499512_1645984592423005489_n.jpg

I already have the t-rex and triceratops (though not the sets they came with) but my son has claimed them and scratched mine up a bit so I'd like spares for myself.

I was pretty chuffed considering both sets at the very cheapest used on bricklink are about $225 not including the pteradon

EDIT> Actually I was mistaken, I have the olive green T-rex so now I have a new colour!

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice score. I really hope that with the huge success of JW that LEGO will do more Dino stuff sooner rather than later. I'd love for them to re-release that Triceratops and hopefully give us some more Dino molds too.

Nice score. I really hope that with the huge success of JW that LEGO will do more Dino stuff sooner rather than later. I'd love for them to re-release that Triceratops and hopefully give us some more Dino molds too.

Unlikely IMO until the sequel to Jurassic World. Previous Dino theme didn't sell well, but the Jurassic World sets they couldn't keep on the shelves (and they still can't).

Bigfoot

So I went to a Lego store for the first time ever today and as a brand new VIP member, all to get the calendar for a gift and the Gingerbread house for myself. I had a list of small sets that I planned on buying to give as gifts to my nephews and son.

Anyways I get there and one set I wanted wasn't on the shelves. It was busy and I needed to spend $30 more to get over $100. It was then I noticed the Ecto-1 and remembered reading that a GAF member created it.

So I'm now the proud owner of an Ecto-1. First time I've really bought a Lego set for myself since I was kid but seemed worth it to support a GAF member.

Hopefully the Ecto-1 and the Gingerbread house don't lead me down a slippery slope. At least for now the Gingerbread house will make a nice Christmas decoration and my son can play with some Ghostbusters in a couple of years.

Ponn

Banned
So I went to a Lego store for the first time ever today and as a brand new VIP member, all to get the calendar for a gift and the Gingerbread house for myself. I had a list of small sets that I planned on buying to give as gifts to my nephews and son.

Anyways I get there and one set I wanted wasn't on the shelves. It was busy and I needed to spend $30 more to get over $100. It was then I noticed the Ecto-1 and remembered reading that a GAF member created it.

So I'm now the proud owner of an Ecto-1. First time I've really bought a Lego set for myself since I was kid but seemed worth it to support a GAF member.

Hopefully the Ecto-1 and the Gingerbread house don't lead me down a slippery slope. At least for now the Gingerbread house will make a nice Christmas decoration and my son can play with some Ghostbusters in a couple of years.

Congrats on the Ecto-1, yea that was Wetwired's set. Now you will have to buy the Ghostbuster HQ on Jan. 1st to go with it. There is no slope, its just a straight cliff you jump off of.

Got my two orders in and getting two Gingerbread houses. Done with Lego for 2015, see you on Jan 1st GB HQ!!

How early are licences usually announced?

Only really got into Lego recently since my son was old enough to enjoy it but I love pirates of the Caribbean and am desperately hoping for a new ship when the new film comes out.

Can't justify paying the prices for the last ones.

How early are licences usually announced?

Only really got into Lego recently since my son was old enough to enjoy it but I love pirates of the Caribbean and am desperately hoping for a new ship when the new film comes out.

Can't justify paying the prices for the last ones.

From what I can recall, I don't think PotC sold all that well for Lego before. I'm not sure they'll go down that road again, but obviously they have a great relationship with Disney, so maybe a limited line could be coming up.

Maengun1

I really liked the Pirates Of The Caribbean line. Actually the mill with the waterwheel was only the 2nd set I ever bought after getting back into Lego....still one of my favorites.

4183-1.jpg

Kipp

Just ordered the Morro Dragon, Wu's Dragon, and Gingerbread House! Decided against making the trek down to the LEGO store since it's a 45 minute drive and I don't necessarily need the sets right this instant.

ruxtpin

Banned
Is the Santas Workshop all that great? The missus asked me to get the other winter set; I know the workshop has been out longer, but it didn't seem all that appealing. Maybe it's the elves. I don't trust them pointy ears.

TheFuzz

Is the Santas Workshop all that great? The missus asked me to get the other winter set; I know the workshop has been out longer, but it didn't seem all that appealing. Maybe it's the elves. I don't trust them pointy ears.

Same here, the wife talked me into it and it's getting built soon. I've heard great things, and jangbricks' review sold me on it. The sleigh and reindeer look great.

kitzkozan

My LEGO store ran out of Gingerbread houses (first time I experience something like this), so I ordered online while I was still there lol. :p I wanted Poe's X-Wing which was also OOS, so at this point I don't care to wait a couple of weeks. As long as I get my order by Christmas since the site says that it will ship in 30 days, which should be around the ~20. My VIP points will serve me well for the Ghostbusters HQ. :D

I know it's going to be released at the beginning of 2016, but I think March is the first time of the year when Lego run a double VIP promo right? I don't mind paying for the HQ, but getting double VIP points would make it even easier to swallow the price tag. :p

Ponn

Banned
Just a heads up for those interested apparently Cartoon Network is going to have a Lego Scooby Doo special on Wednesday.

Need multiple of that moustace fig set. First thing will put it on my bootleg Vegeta.

Bought it last year and finally built it this year along with a rebuild of the Winter Cottage.

I think it's a great build with lots of great little touches. My favorite part of the final build is probably the chimney. Next to Santa's sleigh and his reindeer of course. The VIP bonus from last year with the elves work table goes along awesome with it too.

My 3 year old loves it as well.

Sadly I will not be getting the Gingerbread House special. Funds needed else where. If my LEGO shop still has any stock left this coming week, maybe I'll bite.

If Frozen is coming on January 1st already, I'm getting the sleigh set with my Doctor Who. I passed on getting anything else right now.

In other news, Lego Dimensions is all kinds of awesome, and since they introduced the "time" power, there's all kinds of crazy crossover nonsense. And they're using more and more actual sets, which of course makes me want them, at least briefly.

Spotted so far:
small 2014 Ninjago craft with sawwheel in front
big standing Chima lion tank
TLM icecream van
TLM Super Secret Police Dropship
Brainiac
the overborg walker from Battle for Ninjago City
Sea Cow
Kwik-E-Mart (several times)
Ecto-1 and DeLorean (obviously)
Ghostbusters cab driver and librarian minifigs
(I think) a recoloured version of the ship Zod uses in the big MoS set

And since the
balrog
makes a grand entry, this time not just in a cutscene and blurry battle, I sat down to actually take enough pictures to figure out the construction. Not all parts exist, but I almost have a complete LDD model now...

Doctor Who Ideas set is December 1st, if there was still any confusion or uncertainty about it. We were telling customers today so I assume it's ok to post here (especially since it's like less than two weeks away).

It looks so awesome. I still hate that the Police Box text is broken up so the thing can open but the rest of it is just too cool.

Found a reseller on bricklink that has a large quantity of parts I want for good prices that are hard to find from US resellers... But because it's a lot that I want, it's also a lot pay so.. yeah... Prob should hold off for getting Christmas gifts n a game I want.

Rootbeer

Banned
Confirmed 'TOYS' works on the minifigure cube

Thanks just ordered one!

I just asked about this a few pages back :p Glad it's coming out on schedule

BTW, wasn't last year's minifigure cube $14.99? Glad they changed the pricing.

if you want to see what all four minifigures from this year's cube look like check out this video (from JANUARY... wow this thing leaked very early)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSlm0g-Sm8

Ponn

Banned

Rootbeer

Banned
Last year I found the cubes well into January, I think the 14.99 price had people balking. But at 9.99 these should move pretty easily.

As someone posted, jump on this if you want the Lightning Lad minifig.

The minifigure cube with Lightning Lad is now (finally!) available from Target:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-25-piece-building-toy-set/-/A-49153007

Thanks! I didn't want to miss this.

Confirmed 'TOYS' works on the minifigure cube

Thanks just ordered one!

I just asked about this a few pages back :p Glad it's coming out on schedule

BTW, wasn't last year's minifigure cube $14.99? Glad they changed the pricing.

if you want to see what all four minifigures from this year's cube look like check out this video (from JANUARY... wow this thing leaked very early)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fSlm0g-Sm8

'TOYS' did not work for me. :( Still a good deal at $10.
Does it work for anyone else that tried after this post?

Yes, it was $14.99 last year. A bit pricey, but for a truly limited collectible minifigs it wasn't bad. Green Ninja with dragon uniform and Superboy were worth it.

Last year I found the cubes well into January, I think the 14.99 price had people balking. But at 9.99 these should move pretty easily.

$9.99 is a great deal at $2.50 average a minifig. Especially if they are unique. A single good custom minifig with pad printing easily goes for $10 up to $30.

Rootbeer

Banned
BentBricks:

Yup looks like they fixed it. I just tried to add one to my cart and use the code. TOYS no longer works to get 20% off this item since it is LEGO. I hope they don't cancel my order (or any other order) placed when the promo was working.

Target is not shy about cancelling orders, so be prepared just in case.

Kipp

Benny's Spaceship x 3 is 54.99 at TRU only for today

US amazon has it matched right now.

Amazon also has Benny's Spaceship for $55 but you have to be a Amazon Prime member to get it at that price.

http://amzn.to/1I8QUVq

Aww man... Just missed out.
Oh well. I've already spent way too much on Lego this week.

Speaking of Lego Movie sets though, somebody mentioning the Sea Cow a page or so back has me interested in buying it now... I really shouldn't though. Haha

TheFuzz

I'm glad the only thing tempting me is the cafe and bike shop this week. I'm just waiting on the Brick Bank and some BvS sets Jan 1.

Being a modular collector is expensive but it makes it easier to pass on other sets when they don't jive well.

I'm still resisting Star Wars.

Really. I am.

wetwired

I'm glad the only thing tempting me is the cafe and bike shop this week. I'm just waiting on the Brick Bank and some BvS sets Jan 1.

Being a modular collector is expensive but it makes it easier to pass on other sets when they don't jive well.

I'm still resisting Star Wars.

Really. I am.

I've succumbed a few times on smaller sets just for the minifigs, droid pod escape and the desert skiff. It's been mighty tempting to pick up the new Millennium Falcon or the X-wing that was floating around last year, I was tempted to buy it and turn it into an Ecto-Wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom