• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

...This is getting slightly out of control.

Bought the Temple of Airjitzu last weekend (plus the free Enter the Serpent set) for $200.

Then bought Battle for Ninjago City a couple days after that for $95.

And then I just bought the Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase for $95.

And I plan to go to the LEGO store tomorrow to buy Attack of the Morro Dragon and Wu's Dragon for $110.

Yikes.

bX7uedd.gif

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
...And I plan to buy Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown and Stagecoach Escape for $90 if I don't get any offers from Gaf or Reddit to trade my X-Men vs the Sentinel set for one of those by the end of the day.

But I swear I'm done after that (and my planned purchase tomorrow). Lol

I'm going to have a bitchin' Lone Ranger setup and Ninjago setup when all of this is through though!

...And I plan to buy Lone Ranger Colby City Showdown and Stagecoach Escape for $90 if I don't get any offers from Gaf or Reddit to trade my X-Men vs the Sentinel set for one of those by the end of the day.

But I swear I'm done after that (and my planned purchase tomorrow). Lol

I'm going to have a bitchin' Lone Ranger setup and Ninjago setup when all of this is through though!
I see no mention of Silver Mine Shootout, aka the best Lone Ranger set.

Fishlake

...This is getting slightly out of control.

Bought the Temple of Airjitzu last weekend (plus the free Enter the Serpent set) for $200.

Then bought Battle for Ninjago City a couple days after that for $95.

And then I just bought the Lone Ranger Constitution Train Chase for $95.

And I plan to go to the LEGO store tomorrow to buy Attack of the Morro Dragon and Wu's Dragon for $110.

Yikes.

I wish I could have gotten that Temple deal but I decided to wait until I have a full time job next year.

The Morro and Wu dragon are both fantastic. I have them fighting each other behind my computer. I love how clever the eyes are on them.

Kipp

I see no mention of Silver Mine Shootout, aka the best Lone Ranger set.

Of course you don't! I bought that set ages ago! Still one of my favorite sets of all time (probably just behind Temple of Airjitzu now). Just a gorgeous set and a super fun build.

I wish I could have gotten that Temple deal but I decided to wait until I have a full time job next year.

The Morro and Wu dragon are both fantastic. I have them fighting each other behind my computer. I love how clever the eyes are on them.

Definitely get the Temple set when you have a chance. It's pure brilliance. I think it's my new favorite set ever.

And I'm really looking forward to the dragons! And the baddie minifigures look super rad too. I'm super excited to pose them with my Ninjago buildings!

Kipp

I only have the bridge left to build on the Temple of Airjitzu set. AKA I just put the awnings on and put all the buildings together for the first time. GORGEOUS.
Everybody needs to buy this set. Amazing amazing amazing.

Also got the Battle for Ninjago City set in the mail! :D
Great timing, since I'm finishing Temple of Airjitzu today and won't have the dragons until tomorrow night. Haha. Imagine the horror of having to go through a single day without a set to build.

In Europe the promos for today are up. Wow, I did not expect much after the stories of the brick Friday of last year, but they still managed to dissapoint with their pre-sale.

Free Ginger Bread house €65 and up. And here comes the kicker, 5% off when you spend €125 or more. I can wait a week for the GB house and see if they come up with something better.

Kipp

How much would you guys say silver mine shootout is worth?

Seen a couple of folk selling for £45 new on eBay and I'm tempted

It's almost definitely worth MSRP. I got it for maybe 15% below MSRP though and I consider that a total steal. It's one of my all-time favorites. MSRP was a bit steep though due to the price per piece ratio.

Thanks I think I'll definitely try and pick it up then

Watching one on eBay that ends tomorrow if no luck with that will get one of the buy it now ones for £45

Radioactive Batman!

Well, the deal wasn't much to cheer about. Sydney Opera House, Ewok Village and Mindstorms are each about $15 off, Brick Bounty, Mini Cooper, Heartlake Shopping Mall and Ariel's Palace are about $5-7 off, on top of the 5% off larger purchases.

Oh well, I'm better off not getting anything anyway, I need to plan some Bricklink purchases.

Kipp is right to be singing the praises of Silver Mine. I believe Ghostmind was the first on that hype train.

And awesome to see Kipp pimping the Temple of Airjitzu so hard. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Radioactive Batman!

Well, the deal wasn't much to cheer about. Sydney Opera House, Ewok Village and Mindstorms are each about $15 off, Brick Bounty, Mini Cooper, Heartlake Shopping Mall and Ariel's Palace are about $5-7 off, on top of the 5% off larger purchases.

Oh well, I'm better off not getting anything anyway, I need to plan some Bricklink purchases.

Same in the UK. I guess the 5% makes it basically double-points if you spend £100 (or whatever) but I was hoping for better than that, hardly seems worth shouting about £5 off an £80 set.

Rootbeer

Banned
Picked up Temple of Airjitzu for Double VIP and the free Gingerbread House from S@H

I want the Calendar, but I'll get that on Dec 1st with the Doctor Who set. Unless my local store sells through them over Black Friday weekend. But... I'm imagining that is unlikely.

After the Doctor Who set, I'm done with LEGO until the 2016 sets start showing up. I hope LEGO stores start selling them before Jan 1st. If TRU does, I might cave and get some of the smaller sets, but I'm saving my money for when LEGO sells them directly for the most part.

ghostmind

Picked up Temple of Airjitzu for Double VIP and the free Gingerbread House from S@H

I want the Calendar, but I'll get that on Dec 1st with the Doctor Who set. Unless my local store sells through them over Black Friday weekend. But... I'm imagining that is unlikely.

After the Doctor Who set, I'm done with LEGO until the 2016 sets start showing up. I hope LEGO stores start selling them before Jan 1st. If TRU does, I might cave and get some of the smaller sets, but I'm saving my money for when LEGO sells them directly for the most part.

Except for the select CITY, Creator, Technic and Frozen sets (which are available December 1st), I've heard December 26th for the bulk of the 2016 1H wave.

Rootbeer

Banned
Except for the select CITY, Creator, Technic and Frozen sets (which are available December 1st), I've heard December 26th for the bulk of the 2016 1H wave.

Thanks for the tip! I'm off work that day. Guess a trip to the LEGO store will be in order. I'll be in close contact with my LEGO store to make sure. Hope it's true. That way I don't have to go out of my way on Jan 1st

Just ordered Morro Dragon, the two Christmas seasonal sets, a train motor, and a Hulk keychain. Of course the Gingerbread House is included then.

When Doctor Who hits, I will finally get Brainiac Attacks and maybe a regular battery pack for the trains. Contemplating getting the rechargeable one.

Osahi

Gingerbread house with winter toy shop and calender got! Too bad they were out of ecto-1's. Would've pulled the trigger to profit from the 5%

Tendo

Cashed in my rewards points from this year and got the mini cooper and vw van for 105 bucks! And the gingerbread house. Got some building to do this holiday!

Thank you to this forum for the heads up on the free gingerbread house btw. I'd have never known otherwise!

The Lego Store can be a strange place sometimes. I got to my local store right before opening today, as I wanted to take advantage of the VIP specials, and hoped to maybe find some dented boxes discounted. There were at least a dozen people there waiting for the store to open, probably a little more. I naturally assumed that they'd all be there for the VIP bonus, but many weren't. One lady bought the Ferris Wheel, but wasn't a VIP. Another couple was there with their infant daughter to buy a single Duplo set for her. Bizarre.

Anyway, I grabbed the Speed Champions Ferrari Truck to get the Gingerbread House and wall calendar, plus the double VIP points. It'll go nicely with the dented McLaren set I got a few weeks ago on discount.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yes a huge number of LEGO customers are not VIP. But I find this to be normal... I use the rewards program at any store that offers it. At Walgreen's for example, I am constantly hearing the cashier ask people to sign up for the rewards program and I have yet to hear a single person actually do so. They always decline. Same at Target.

The many hundreds if not thousands of dollars in savings/rewards people miss out on over the course of a lifetime... their loss!

Yes a huge number of LEGO customers are not VIP. But I find this to be normal... I use the rewards program at any store that offers it. At Walgreen's for example, I am constantly hearing the cashier ask people to sign up for the rewards program and I have yet to hear a single person actually do so. They always decline. Same at Target.

The many hundreds if not thousands of dollars in savings/rewards people miss out on over the course of a lifetime... their loss!

So true. It's just kind of crazy to think about the lady buying a $200 Ferris Wheel set and passing on $20 worth of free Rewards points, a free Gingerbread House (which is a totally awesome looking set by the way), AND the free wall calendar (that has coupons for free things on it)! That's like $50 in value she just gave up. It's nuts!

ghostmind

Star Wars Gozanti Carrier, Gingerbread House, and 2016 Calendar acquired.

The LEGO store was crazy-busy. Now I can avoid Black Friday store shopping completely!

So true. It's just kind of crazy to think about the lady buying a $200 Ferris Wheel set and passing on $20 worth of free Rewards points, a free Gingerbread House (which is a totally awesome looking set by the way), AND the free wall calendar (that has coupons for free things on it)! That's like $50 in value she just gave up. It's nuts!

Last time I was at the store in September, the clerk was trying to convince the lady to get one, but she wouldn't budge. Then all I told her was, "You get sets early and some free sets, and they give you money back to get stuff cheaper later."
Then she got one. Sometimes all it takes is breaking it down as far as possible.

Last time I was at the store in September, the clerk was trying to convince the lady to get one, but she wouldn't budge. Then all I told her was, "You get sets early and some free sets, and they give you money back to get stuff cheaper later."
Then she got one. Sometimes all it takes is breaking it down as far as possible.

I hope you followed that up with "YOU IDIOT!"

On an unrelated tangent, on a scale from 1 to 11, just how good is the Sea Cow? I know you love it, but just how much do you love it? I see it suddenly popped back up on Amazon for MSRP. My wife will probably murder me if I buy it, given how much I've spent on Lego lately, but it may be worth it...

ghostmind

I hope you followed that up with "YOU IDIOT!"

On an unrelated tangent, on a scale from 1 to 11, just how good is the Sea Cow? I know you love it, but just how much do you love it? I see it suddenly popped back up on Amazon for MSRP. My wife will probably murder me if I buy it, given how much I've spent on Lego lately, but it may be worth it...

Sea Cow is my second-best set of 2014, and I believe Phon's top set for that year. Lots of other LEGO-GAF'ers have it on top of their lists as well.

Get it at retail while you still can.

Went to the Lego store in Rochester and treated myself to some birthday gifts! Picked up Detective's Office, a large pick a brick cup and the freebies. Got dilophosaurus set for my son and a Wonder Woman keychain for my wife. They also gave me a nice birthday card and let me choose 2 minifigs from a bin.

mojiimbo

If anyone is planning on making a long trip for the Gingerbread House promo I'd probably call ahead to see what their stock looks like. Wouldn't want to go all that way to find out they sold out of their allotment by noon...

Koren

Get it at retail while you still can.
I wanted to pass on this one, it really does nothing to me (I like it, but I like many expensive sets and I can't justify buying everything). But I keep hearing this and no I have doubts I may regret it later...

(I haven't seen the movie, that's probably one of the reasons, and no, I don't know why I'm not really interested in the movie as a lego fan since mid-80s).

Kipp

If anyone is planning on making a long trip for the Gingerbread House promo I'd probably call ahead to see what their stock looks like. Wouldn't want to go all that way to find out they sold out of their allotment by noon...

Are stores running out of it!?

Edit: Just called my local store and the guy says they have plenty since they received enough for both today and Black Friday. They got plenty because they didn't want to risk running out today and not having it on Black Friday which is the main day they're advertising the set for. So basically running out today isn't a worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom