• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

k1Fk1CW.png

8incAXs.png

MpvxHXZ.png

cIpBWnL.jpg

wetwired

Everyone seemed to like my other modulars, so I decided to post the beginnings of my next one. Nowhere near finished, but this will give an idea of what I'm going for....

It's a modular Gotham City MCU (Major Crimes Unit). Very much like a police station, but it will be quite different once finished. Obviously the lighting is awful.

o2PZm8C.jpg

Looking good so far!

I don't really know what Nexo Knights is but I love that Beast master

... with his golden balls swinging around.

I hope LEGO isn't expecting us to pay $10 for each of those Ultimate Nexo Knight packages. They seem to have so few pieces.

Well each pack comes with those 3 nexo "power" ups. Not sure if those are like those app bricks and bring the price up a lot. $10 for each would be extremely pricey to me.

I really like how each bionicle creature has a unique function. I'll probably get them all. As for the Toa themselves, the silver stuff on their masks ruins the color schemes for Tahu Gali and Onua. I'll probably get Kopeks (and remove those stupid gold shin armor that has no place in his color scheme) and Lewa. If I get Tahu illl have to remove that mask and use the gold one cause of that ugly silver,

Ponn

Banned
Well each pack comes with those 3 nexo "power" ups. Not sure if those are like those app bricks and bring the price up a lot. $10 for each would be extremely pricey to me.

I've been paying $15 for 1 fig, a tiny build and a couple nfc discs. I don't feel proud about it :(

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Nothing among those sets that I want. Bummer/Thank goodness.

Also, got Lone Ranger Stagecoach Escape and Colby City Showdown in the mail today! I'll probably build Stagecoach Escape tomorrow.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Silver Mine still reigns supreme. But I would LOVE a full on western theme.

Oh yeah, I don't expect any of them to surpass the brilliance that is Silver Mine Shootout. But I need more western in my life nonetheless.

And yeah, I'd kill for a full on comeback of the western theme.

NysGAF

I'm "new" to LEGO as my son is now showing interest. We've built a trio of things this month and now I feel myself slipping all in on a new hobby. I love the look of those Fire based sets. Thanks for the many pages of good reading on the subject. I look forward to reading more in the future.

I'm "new" to LEGO as my son is now showing interest. We've built a trio of things this month and now I feel myself slipping all in on a new hobby. I love the look of those Fire based sets. Thanks for the many pages of good reading on the subject. I look forward to reading more in the future.

Hopefully you looked at the OP for some more information and set ideas. In the next few weeks there will be a new OP with all new set recommendations for the new year.

Welcome to our lil corner of GAF. We are all filthy enablers, so worry about your money.

NysGAF

Yes I read the OP. Helped guide me towards the Creator sets and I ordered a pair of brick separators almost right away. So many flat pieces in LEGO sets these days! When I was a lad they were bricks I tell ya.

Yes I read the OP. Helped guide me towards the Creator sets and I ordered a pair of brick separators almost right away. So many flat pieces in LEGO sets these days! When I was a lad they were bricks I tell ya.

Good man going for Creator sets. But you will soon regret paying for brick separators. If you get only a handful of sets above $30 or so this year, you will soon be flooded with tons of the little orange guys.

Osahi

Jesus Christ Rey's face is worse than Luke's.

At least they're not going with the flesh-colored legs.

Lol. I actually think it is the only okay constraction face i have seen yet. Might grab her and Phasma, although i don't really like (building) these.

Are there any other sw sets in the early 2016 wave? Or are the leaked ones for later (b-wing, carbon freeze, ...)

IHaveIce

Banned
Would be nice to have the theme as wa word above all the pics next time for mobile users that hide pictures till they click them, but huge thanks Ghostmind.

Sad no marvel or dc pics yet :(

Kyari

Definitely picking up Corner Deli~

I'm in love with the Pseudo-modulars they've been throwing at the creator line the past year or two. It's really neat to see the modular feel on a cheaper scale.

Between this, the bike shop and cafe, and the alt builds on the toy and grocery shop, they're all kind of cool.

Year on year I wish Lego City had the diversity of sets that the Friends theme has.

NOPE LEGO CITY CRIME CENTRAL OF THE WORLD.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I remember when LEGO City had all sorts of different things. I miss the "Island Paradise" series they had like 20 years ago with beachside pizza joints and lifeguard stations. Now it seems like everything that isn't construction, police, or fire ends up as either a modular, mini-modular, or Friends.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I remember when LEGO City had all sorts of different things. I miss the "Island Paradise" series they had like 20 years ago with beachside pizza joints and lifeguard stations. Now it seems like everything that isn't construction, police, or fire ends up as either a modular, mini-modular, or Friends.

Well, if a boy has all the fire stations and police stations he needs already, it's not like he can't ask for Creator or Friends sets (if he has been adequately vaccinated for cooties). Lego shouldn't have to make the same sets across multiple brands.

ghostmind

Lol. I actually think it is the only okay constraction face i have seen yet. Might grab her and Phasma, although i don't really like (building) these.

Are there any other sw sets in the early 2016 wave? Or are the leaked ones for later (b-wing, carbon freeze, ...)

There are supposed to be a bunch of SW sets coming out at the same time, but images aren't available yet (along with DC Batman vs Superman sets, and the few Marvel Universe sets).

Also Ninjago is a Spring release, and I'm thinking Elves is as well.

IHaveIce

Banned
Well, if a boy has all the fire stations and police stations he needs already, it's not like he can't ask for Creator or Friends sets (if he has been adequately vaccinated for cooties). Lego shouldn't have to make the same sets across multiple brands.

But many kids also want new figures and friends sets sadly have those stupid doll figures and the overwhelming colorscheme of pink and purple also is offputting to a lot of boys.

The sets, building and vehicles in the friends brand are way better and diverse than what Lego City gets nowadays (except modulars)

ghostmind

But many kids also want new figures and friends sets sadly have those stupid doll figures and the overwhelming colorscheme of pink and purple also is offputting to a lot of boys.

The sets, building and vehicles in the friends brand are way better and diverse than what Lego City gets nowadays (except modulars)

The Friends sets also lead the way, in terms of new elements and printed pieces. These are the prints from the new Supermarket alone!

uJUiFfg.jpg

Yes - LEGO sushi!

Osahi

There are supposed to be a bunch of SW sets coming out at the same time, but images aren't available yet (along with DC Batman vs Superman sets, and the few Marvel Universe sets).

Also Ninjago is a Spring release, and I'm thinking Elves is as well.

Thanks. Was just wondering if the first 2016 wave was just constractions. I'm eyeballing the Hoth Attack, Escape Pod en Freezing chamber + the battle packs and any new vehicle that comes out.

(Writing it all down, I can feel the dark side pulling on me. Oh boy my finances. I'm lucky the wife is into modulars (so that goes from the budget we share and not our personal budgets :p) and I'm not really tempted by the Firehouse HQ because everything over 200 euro's is a no-go for me

It would be interesting for LEGO Friends to put out a few sets without those colors and see how they sell compared to the more colorful ones.

I agree that LEGO system sets could benefit from builds in the LEGO Friends theme. There is a reason why Friends themes are more detailed. LEGO research indicated girls tend to play "inside" the builds and enjoyed more details. Boys tend to play on the "outside" of the builds.

Nexo Knights Ultimate minifigs are indeed $9.99.

Gonna wait for the inevitable 20% off then and maybe check one out during next double VIP. Unless the theme is so successful they fly off the shelves.

The Friends sets also lead the way, in terms of new elements and printed pieces. These are the prints from the new Supermarket alone!

uJUiFfg.jpg

Yes - LEGO sushi!

Wow, sushi! LEGO Friends benefits from the LEGO research that girls like details so LEGO is providing tons of those and tons of accessories. I feel like LEGO Friends is a move that makes that theme more like Playmobil with all the accessories and details for play.

EDIT: I just noticed the watermelon. I'm hungry now.

Thanks. Was just wondering if the first 2016 wave was just constractions. I'm eyeballing the Hoth Attack, Escape Pod en Freezing chamber + the battle packs and any new vehicle that comes out.

(Writing it all down, I can feel the dark side pulling on me. Oh boy my finances. I'm lucky the wife is into modulars (so that goes from the budget we share and not our personal budgets :p) and I'm not really tempted by the Firehouse HQ because everything over 200 euro's is a no-go for me

For me, it will be Doctor Who + Frozen in December and Brick Bank + GBHQ + a Nexo set + possibly Phasma in January. Ouch. Edit: Oh, and I forgot the Ghostbusters Lego Dimensions add-on. The part in the story was amazing already.

FYI, Jet.com has a $25 off $50 coupon code for first-time users, JETCOMSAVE2, and they've got a good selection of Legos for decent prices. Just bought my daughter Ariel's Undersea Palace for essentially 50% off retail price.

Experien

Didn't know I missed my chance at getting Smaug. It says sold out in the store online, but doesn't say retiring. Should I just go to Bricklink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom