• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smaug is gonna go crazy expensive, even though the movie sucked. He's the best dragon mold yet, possibly licensed/single use only, has a unique wing construction, and only in a huge, overpriced set.

That corner deli will be bought. It was meant to complement bike shop and cafe mehinks. The same way fishers hut was meant to complemwnt mountain hut. They will all be mine. Mine!

Target.com has 15% off everything, including Lego (which is usually excluded from these promos), with promo code TGTKZN2T.

They have modulars... and the Sea Cow... my wife might murder me in my sleep, but I pulled the trigger.
Selling my mint-in-box Cafe Corner or Green Grocer may spare my life... maybe...

Rootbeer

Banned
nice deal on target.com!

remember it becomes 20% if you use a RED Card. And you should, if you are a Target shopper. Free shipping too, of course (all red card purchases get free shipping, regardless)

looks like this promo LITERALLY works on anything including Ewok Village and other D2C stuff.

How often can you buy sets like this at 20% off? Not often... now is the time.

note that target.com already has a lot of sets below MSRP. examples:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-naboo-starfighter-75092/-/A-16965709

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-mos-eisley-cantina-75052/-/A-15409356

nice deal on target.com!

remember it becomes 20% if you use a RED Card. And you should, if you are a Target shopper. Free shipping too, of course (all red card purchases get free shipping, regardless)

looks like this promo LITERALLY works on anything including Ewok Village and other D2C stuff.

Finally got an Ewok Village!

Rootbeer

Banned
GHOSTMIND and others who keep an eye on this stuff: Did we ever find out what was wrong with Poe Dameron's X-Wing? I'd be curious what parts they fixed/changed if that rumor was true now that sets are readily available.

Finally got an Ewok Village!

Very good. I'd be HIGHLY tempted by it right now... if I didn't already have one!

Oh well. I have big plans for the 2016 wave. I don't need to blow too much extra cash.

I did pick up a Naboo Starfighter though. So, at least I got something!

Here is another great set to snatch up (before it sells out... someone posted the 15% off deal on slickdeals so...)

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-sandcrawler-75059/-/A-15647708

*edit*
Well that was fast, I was juts looking at the LEGO Wall-E set on target.com and it's sold out now. Looks like a lot of desired target sets are going to sell out.

GHOSTMIND and others who keep an eye on this stuff: Did we ever find out what was wrong with Poe Dameron's X-Wing? I'd be curious what parts they fixed/changed if that rumor was true now that sets are readily available.

From what we were told the cockpit window piece was warped and it wouldn't close properly, not sure if it was a problem with the mould or if they warped after the fact but it appears they fixed it.

Target.com has 15% off everything, including Lego (which is usually excluded from these promos), with promo code TGTKZN2T.

They have modulars... and the Sea Cow... my wife might murder me in my sleep, but I pulled the trigger.
Selling my mint-in-box Cafe Corner or Green Grocer may spare my life... maybe...

Wow, how long do these codes normally last?

neonglow

nice deal on target.com!

note that target.com already has a lot of sets below MSRP. examples:

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-naboo-starfighter-75092/-/A-16965709

http://www.target.com/p/lego-star-wars-mos-eisley-cantina-75052/-/A-15409356

I just picked up the Sandcrawler and Ferris Wheel! That's almost a $100 savings.

Rootbeer

Banned
From what we were told the cockpit window piece was warped and it wouldn't close properly, not sure if it was a problem with the mould or if they warped after the fact but it appears they fixed it.
Oh right I recall that conversation now. I don't think mine has that issue.
I just picked up the Sandcrawler and Ferris Wheel! That's almost a $100 savings.
You guys are crazy. I wish I could be crazy today.

are you SURE?

I hope they didn't 'fix' the code to not work on LEGO.

Tried it again, still says invalid... I'm not sure what I would be doing wrong. I haven't put my payment info in yet because I haven't got the code to work but I would think it would work regardless.

ghostmind

I was trying to find it cheaper but failing so ordered Silver Mine Shootout for £45 new on eBay

Loving the Silver Mine Shootout (and Lone Ranger theme) appreciation! It was one of my Top 5 sets of 2013. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93415390&postcount=2643

My Lone Ranger set rankings:

Ranking them by my build experience:

1. Silver Mine Shootout - no contest, this is the best set in the theme.

2. Stagecoach Escape - a great value, a great build and a great looking set.

3. Colby City Showdown - narrowly edges out the next in this list. I really enjoyed putting this together, which surprised me.

4. Constitution Train Chase - you get a LOT in this set. All the train cars are well-designed and varied.

5. Cavalry Builder Set - the best value in this theme. I'm thinking of getting another one to double my soldiers. It would have been great to get a Fort Legoredo for the troops though.

6. Comanche Camp - it's still a great set, but compared to the rest of this stellar theme, this one falls a bit short. I wish the teepee was canvas instead of semi-rigid plastic.

90OAIFl.jpg

zW8bYbr.jpg

Tried it again, still says invalid... I'm not sure what I would be doing wrong. I haven't put my payment info in yet because I haven't got the code to work but I would think it would work regardless.

Code isn't working for me either.

Probably was "fixed". Sorry guys, should have mentioned that was a possibility. I was a mad fiend making my order, knowing that this would probably happen.

Loving the Silver Mine Shootout (and Lone Ranger theme) appreciation! It was one of my Top 5 sets of 2013.

The more I look back at it the more I appreciate the theme. I never ended up getting the train or the showdown sets but everything else was just so solid. After buying the Stagecoach from Neonglow, I ended up picking up the rest of the sets at 50% + off as TRU was unloading old stock and Target was exiting Canada.

I've thought a few times about getting the showdown & train...they're still widely available around here.

Silver Mine Shootout is an amazing set - it's still on shelves, usually at 50% off.

Glad the views on silver mine shootout are postive looking forward to that one.

It's been down to £30 or so here before it seems but nowhere sells it now so £45 on eBay isn't too bad

The more I look back at it the more I appreciate the theme. I never ended up getting the train or the showdown sets but everything else was just so solid. After buying the Stagecoach from Neonglow, I ended up picking up the rest of the sets at 50% + off as TRU was unloading old stock and Target was exiting Canada.

I've thought a few times about getting the showdown & train...they're still widely available around here.

Silver Mine Shootout is an amazing set - it's still on shelves, usually at 50% off.

Wow. I'd totally buy a second one if I ever happened upon a clearance one. That'd be so much fun.

I'm not sure I could improve upon it though, so maybe I'd just mirror it instead of trying something ridiculous. I could set them up as opposite cliff-faces at a valley entrance, maybe build something stretching between the two wooden platforms....

Second time Target messed up on those promo codes. Someone is gonna get a lashing for those mistakes. Once again, I was late to the party. Oh well. I'll just have to snag the modulars during double VIP and/or some cool free promo item with purchase.

I noticed the promo cube with Lightning lad was also gone from the Target website. Hope mine comes soon...I had it sent to store for pickup to avoid discovery by my wife. :p

neonglow

No worries, just thought I'd give it a shot. Been wanting to pull the trigger on ewok village for awhile now lol. Maybe next time.

You should come up with a wishlist and the price point you're willing to pay for each set. Once it matches that threshold, you just buy without further thought.

You should come up with a wishlist and the price point you're willing to pay for each set. Once it matches that threshold, you just buy without further thought.

Yeah that's a good idea. At this point though I'm pretty willing to just pay retail for that one, I have the feeling it's on it's way out and I don't want to miss the chance of getting one for retail.

Maengun1

My Pet Shop, Palace Cinema, and Gingerbread House arrived today. Mother of god...the box was enormous.

It might be awhile before these get built, because I just do not have room right now, especially with winter village stuff up. Feels good to finally own a modular though!

ghostmind

There will be three Captain America: Civil War sets (76047, 76050, 76051) coming out in early March.

There will be at least one Civil War set releasing in the summer.

Rootbeer

Banned
Is Ewok Village actually a rare and precious set? I saw one lying around somewhere not long ago..
Not really. What he means is he finally bought it cause he was able to get it at a really good price (20% off and free shipping, see the discussion about the Target promo earlier on this page. It seems to have been pulled)
I dont think they all had it . Im pretty sure mine is from the first run and its fine.
Glad they took quality control seriously, though it doesn't seem to have been that widespread.
There will be three Captain America: Civil War sets (76047, 76050, 76051) coming out in early March.

There will be at least one Civil War set releasing in the summer.
I can feel it... yes... it's close... finally a Black Panther minifig!! They better give him a cool helmet piece.

neonglow

Just got an email from Lego. They will have offers on S@H on friday. Any idea what they might be?

If it's like last year, it'll be 10-20% off sets that came out in 2014 or early 2015 that are due to retire. The LEGO Movie sets fit this description and we should see some sales on them.

Osahi

If it's like last year, it'll be 10-20% off sets that came out in 2014 or early 2015 that are due to retire. The LEGO Movie sets fit this description and we should see some sales on them.

Well, on EU S@H there are no Lego Movie sets anymore. It'll probably be a dissapointment then. When i was in the Lego Store this weekend, some sets where 5% off, like the Mini Cooper and Sidney Opera House. So I expect it to be in the line of that.

Sorry I've been out of the loop, but are there any good BF deals on LEGO sets this year? I checked individual store ads, but nothing jumped out at me.

neonglow

Sorry I've been out of the loop, but are there any good BF deals on LEGO sets this year? I checked individual store ads, but nothing jumped out at me.

Walmart will have a 1500+ piece bucket for $30.
Target will have the LEGO Movie Dropship, Creator Bike Shop & Cafe or City Arctic Base Camp for $55
Toys R Us will have Ultra Agents sets at 30% off.

I can feel it... yes... it's close... finally a Black Panther minifig!! They better give him a cool helmet piece.

Just watch them do a printed normal head.

I don't know if I've bitched about it here before (probably) but I just... why they don't take the Flash's helmet, paint it blue with white wings, and print an A on the front is something that continues to befuddle me. It would be so much more accurate too because then, like the movies, you could take his helmet off and have him fight without it.

ghostmind

Black Friday deals from S@H and the LEGO Store:

Offers
-Free Gingerbread House with $99 purchase (while supplies last)
-Free Shipping on orders

GAXDiBv.jpg

IivKvUm.jpg

Some very enticing discounts!

I'm going the S@H route, and hopefully I can pick up a 76041 Hydra Fortress Smash.

And if per chance they add some 79018 Lonely Mountain sets... oh man.

Big discounts on LEGO Dimensions too!

Black Friday deals from S@H and the LEGO Store:

Offers
-Free Gingerbread House with $99 purchase (while supplies last)
-Free Shipping on orders

Some very enticing discounts!

I'm going the S@H route, and hopefully I can pick up a 76041 Hydra Fortress Smash.

And if per chance they add some 79018 Lonely Mountain sets... oh man.

Big discounts on LEGO Dimensions too!

The exact same two that caught my attention. I completely forgot I need to get Hydra Fortress Smash and at that price it's a must get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom