• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking the colors on the first one. I think that little officer cap may be my new favorite headpiece in the SW theme.

LEGO-Star-Wars-75134-Galactic-Empire-Battle-Pack-Toysnbricks.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Why do they even bother with the lame builds in the army builder packs? They're not fooling anyone with those. People just buy those for the minifigs and they know it. Lol
(Referring to the first of those two sets; the second one's speeder bike is pretty neat.)

Osahi

I am totally going to get the Ghost and the Wookiee gunship. They look good for microfighters and the figures will be a great addition to the collection. Any name attached to that Wookiee figure?

I'll end up getting them all I guess. Now I see them better up close, i kinda like them all. Even the AT, which at first i found a bit lacking.

neonglow

Why do they even bother with the lame builds in the army builder packs? They're not fooling anyone with those. People just buy those for the minifigs and they know it. Lol
(Referring to the first of those two sets; the second one's speeder bike is pretty neat.)

Hasbro sued LEGO when it was just minifigures. Hasbro has the Star Wars action figure license. They has to add a lame build to avoid being called an action figure and instead be a building toy. This is the same reason that minifigures are now glued to those refrigerator magnets.

Kipp

Hasbro sued LEGO when it was just minifigures. Hasbro has the Star Wars action figure license. They has to add a lame build to avoid being called an action figure and instead be a building toy. This is the same reason that minifigures are now glued to those refrigerator magnets.

Wow. That is fascinating! Now I'm really glad I made that meaningless comment. Haha

ghostmind

I'm really liking the colors on the first one. I think that little officer cap may be my new favorite headpiece in the SW theme.

Those stud-shooters got to go though. I realize the play value reason, but they've gone overboard with them. Nexo Knights have an interesting new shooter that I'm waiting to see if it gets incorporated into Star Wars, but I'm probably going to opt for the third party SW weapons that are available.

ghostmind

I'm so incredibly happy with my Ninjago setup! These Ninjago temples are some of my all-time favorite Lego sets.
The only bummer is that I don't have room on this shelf for the dragons I'll be getting or for the Enter the Serpent set. There's not even really enough room to display just those two sets just the way I'd like to. I'll figure something out so that I can display them better though. But regardless, I still really love the setup:

(Apologies for the semi-potato quality photo)

Anyways, now that I've finished that and it's Thanksgiving, it's time to get started on my Holiday sets!

Love the photo - the Ninjago sets display together so well!

And yes, display space is the bane of the LEGO collector - you've got a great density there, but if you add more sets to that space it is going to look cluttered.

Kipp

Love the photo - the Ninjago sets display together so well!

And yes, display space is the bane of the LEGO collector - you've got a great density there, but if you add more sets to that space it is going to look cluttered.

Thanks!

I plan to buy a house sometime in the next year, so when I do, I'll definitely make myself some more display space and at least temporarily solve my space issues. Haha

On a separate note, t's interesting, for as outrageous as all the Ninjago vehicles are, the Ninjago buildings are all very tame, semi-realistic, and gorgeous. I've always found that contrast between the vehicles and the buildings to be kind of strange. But regardless, I love the buildings!

I'm so incredibly happy with my Ninjago setup! These Ninjago temples are some of my all-time favorite Lego sets.
The only bummer is that I don't have room on this shelf for the dragons I'll be getting or for the Enter the Serpent set. There's not even really enough room to display just those two sets just the way I'd like to. I'll figure something out so that I can display them better though. But regardless, I still really love the setup:

(Apologies for the semi-potato quality photo)

Anyways, now that I've finished that and it's Thanksgiving, it's time to get started on my Holiday sets!

The Ninjago temple doesn't get enough praise. It's a playset, but has a great facade and design. I love the dark green and red color scheme too. I don't remember much about the build. A few nice techniques, but nothing amazing and nothing too tedious or boring.

I think the show will do better than Chima, but not as good as Ninjago. It could be my bias since I like sci-fi and fantasy/medieval genres a lot. I think the material has more general appeal than Chima.

Those stud-shooters got to go though. I realize the play value reason, but they've gone overboard with them. Nexo Knights have an interesting new shooter that I'm waiting to see if it gets incorporated into Star Wars, but I'm probably going to opt for the third party SW weapons that are available.

My current stock of stud shooters. They could at least mix it up a bit. One stud shooter and a few "prop" laser guns for minifigs.

Does this also explain why Star Wars Funko Come on lame bases?

Happy thanksgiving American folk hope you get some bargains tomorrow, not looking like much over this side of the pond.

As an aside for UK folk I picked up a pack of Wilkos own brand base plates, £6 for a set and they are pretty good quality and the big one is huge

Kipp

The Ninjago temple doesn't get enough praise. It's a playset, but has a great facade and design. I love the dark green and red color scheme too. I don't remember much about the build. A few nice techniques, but nothing amazing and nothing too tedious or boring.

Yeah, no super fancy build techniques, but it's a really fun build and looks fantastic. Just really well executed. And the play features don't take away from the aesthetic at all.

Ponn

Banned
Thought i was done with Lego for rest of year but think I will get some Dimensions packs on sale via Lego S@H tonight. Free shipping on all orders means I can just get the Simpsons level pack and Cragger fun pack I needed to unlock those hub worlds.

I loaded my cart with $100 worth of Black Friday sets at shop@home so I can get another gingerbread house. I hope the prices adjust automatically.

Maengun1

I was at Wal-Mart to pick up a bunch of $15/$25 video games, but I just happened to walk by the pallet full of 1500 piece/$30 lego classic boxes right when they went up for grabs....there were like 30+ of them when they ripped the cellophane off the stack and I witnessed it plummet down to 5 or 6 boxes remaining in 20 seconds.....so of course I had to grab one.

This is actually the first tub of just plain Lego I've ever bought! Always just stuck to sets. I'm sure I'll have a little fun with this.

I was at Wal-Mart to pick up a bunch of $15/$25 video games, but I just happened to walk by the pallet full of 1500 piece/$30 lego classic boxes right when they went up for grabs....there were like 30+ of them when they ripped the cellophane off the stack and I witnessed it plummet down to 5 or 6 boxes remaining in 20 seconds.....so of course I had to grab one.

This is actually the first tub of just plain Lego I've ever bought! Always just stuck to sets. I'm sure I'll have a little fun with this.

I missed out on this deal in Canada this year; I went the next day. The best part about those sets are the newer colors you probably don't have a lot of "typical" bricks in.

Rootbeer

Banned

grats... i managed to snag both last year's and this year's walmart LEGO tub deals. Been a very cost effective way of adding random bricks to my assortment.

iosefe

Man so many ideas of what I could get.

Any deals on Bionicles? I'd like to get some of the summer wave if they are on sale.

i can give you a solid maybe that 3 of them might be on sale in my store and i assume it counts for most other stores. Slicer, Basher and Scorpio

hypothetically

Fishlake

i can give you a solid maybe that 3 of them might be on sale in my store and i assume it counts for most other stores. Slicer, Basher and Scorpio

hypothetically

Hopefully then.

I haven't gotten any of them yet and I'd like to get a few.

Basher is definitely the one I'm most interested in.

ghostmind

Of course S@H can't handle the load.

Wants to charge me shipping, won't let me apply my VIP points, won't add the promo set.

sigh

EDIT: and then it crashes completely

Me too. I just placed the order and hopefully they'll fix it later. Got hydra, service truck, lake town, and a bunch of dimensions fun packs.

Unfortunately for my wallet, S&H worked for me. Just got the Mystery Mansion and the Friends jewelry box to put me over for the free gingerbread house.

Mission accomplished with purchase of 76041: The Hydra Fortress Smash.

I have gotten all the 2015 Super Hero sets I wanted (which is all except for hard to find polybags and exclusives) minus 76035: Jokerland.

I have to cut back on LEGO for 2016. It's getting ridiculous and it never ends on stuff I want to get. I think it would be cheaper for me just to bricklink most minifigs going forward and just get a few sets. I'm at the point I don't really need a lot of elements that come in sets.

neonglow

Anyone get lucky on the Walmart set? The Walmart closest to me sold out really quickly

I didn't try since I still haven't opened the sets I got last year during Black Friday.

With people like below, I think they went very fast. I can't believe Walmart didn't put a limit on these. There's probably some disappointed kids that weren't able to get these cheap bricks.

4BP7GLB.png

l0cjCqA.jpg

Mission accomplished with purchase of 76041: The Hydra Fortress Smash.

I have gotten all the 2015 Super Hero sets I wanted (which is all except for hard to find polybags and exclusives) minus 76035: Jokerland.

I have to cut back on LEGO for 2016. It's getting ridiculous and it never ends on stuff I want to get. I think it would be cheaper for me just to bricklink most minifigs going forward and just get a few sets. I'm at the point I don't really need a lot of elements that come in sets.

I've been there for awhile when it comes to the super hero sets too, especially batman stuff. Unless the set is exceptional or exceptionally cheap, I'll be getting figs through other means. The last half of this year has been good on my wallet for Lego. What I did buy was marked down. Of course, my video game budget has gone through the roof during the past 2 months so it all evens out!

I still want Ferris Wheel, Bank, and GB HQ though, all big ticket items. After that, I think I'll just snipe at super hero stuff for the rest of 2016.

Tendo

Anyone build the Arctic icebreaker? It looks awesome but the brick to price ratio is a bit much. I'm getting almost every other piece from that set (except the plane) and the completion it's in me wants this.

ruxtpin

Banned
I didn't try since I still haven't opened the sets I got last year during Black Friday.

With people like below, I think they went very fast. I can't believe Walmart didn't put a limit on these. There's probably some disappointed kids that weren't able to get these cheap bricks.

Seriously. I don't get out on Black Friday, so I'm not that annoyed - but that kinda' pisses me off that Wal-Mart lets buyers get away with that shit.

Seriously. I don't get out on Black Friday, so I'm not that annoyed - but that kinda' pisses me off that Wal-Mart lets buyers get away with that shit.
Even if they had a limit, the person would probably bring his kids and have them "buy" some too. I have seen people attempt that for console launches. One place the manager told the guy, "Gimme a break. You get only one."

Rootbeer

Banned
Well no Hydra Fortress for me... I went to bed before 9PM, oh well. I'd like to get a Quicksilver minifigure but only if I can get it cheap. Guess it's not happening

I bought tons of LEGO on "Black Friday" as it is (by which I mean Thursday since for some reason almost all deals went online Thursday, so weird... let people have time to make their Turkey first ffs)

It sold out fast. I got one from the website. When I posted it, it was still in stock, Just to be clear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom