• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone get lucky on the Walmart set? The Walmart closest to me sold out really quickly

I stopped by a Walmart on my way home from relatives around 7 PM. The pallet was empty, but I saw people with them, so I decided to browse around and see if anyone may have put one down or stashed one somewhere. First corner I turned there was one sitting on the floor. Pretty fortuitous.

I didn't try since I still haven't opened the sets I got last year during Black Friday.

With people like below, I think they went very fast. I can't believe Walmart didn't put a limit on these. There's probably some disappointed kids that weren't able to get these cheap bricks.

4BP7GLB.png

l0cjCqA.jpg

That's me in the photo.
Not really. Seeing that is upsetting, but he didn't break any rules so c'est la vie

Even if they had a limit, the person would probably bring his kids and have them "buy" some too. I have seen people attempt that for console launches. One place the manager told the guy, "Gimme a break. You get only one."

Which is fine IMO for something like the LEGO deal. The guy Neonglow posted would have had to bring a busload of people to get the same amount. It would at least give more people a fighting chance. Even if everyone did buy just one, they still would go fast. It would just be more people got the opportunity to get some.

Fishlake

I might see if i can find one of those Walmart sets. I might ask an employee if they have any in the back.

So far my shopping list or today includes a 128GB flash drive and what ever else catches my attention while I'm out getting it particularly Legos.

Grrrrrr. I was looking to get a Duplo one for a gift.

Which is fine IMO for something like the LEGO deal. The guy Neonglow posted would have had to bring a busload of people to get the same amount. It would at least give more people a fighting chance. Even if everyone did buy just one, they still would go fast. It would just be more people got the opportunity to get some.
Oh, I know. It makes sense for a LEGO deal. I was just commenting about how some people get around exemptions. Sorry if it came across oddly.

I wish I could afford to be that jerk. I'd keep like five of them for personal use/ eventual hand-me-downs to my kids, and would donate the rest to some charity. I'm sure something near me has a holiday toy drive.

ruxtpin

Banned
Snagged an Arctic Base Camp from Targe' and a Hydra Fortress, Hulk Smash thing, and the Attack on Laketown from Lego. And then a bunch of other non-Lego related purchases for wife, family and friends.

I had no plans to buy anything, but the local shop had a 3 for 2 deal today only. Theoretically I could have gotten something crazy like three Kwik-e-Marts, UCS TIE's, Parisian Restaurants or so for 33% off. But that would be just for investment at that point, and I already need space more than (relatively little) money. After much debating, I got the Wu dragon and the Grand Hotel and picked up a christmas present I needed to buy anyway.

I feel a little proud for showing _some_ restraint, but I guess I won't get any approval for that around here.

Bigfoot

I didn't try since I still haven't opened the sets I got last year during Black Friday.

With people like below, I think they went very fast. I can't believe Walmart didn't put a limit on these. There's probably some disappointed kids that weren't able to get these cheap bricks.

4BP7GLB.png

l0cjCqA.jpg

I'm okay with this if he is buying them for himself or his kids, plans to give them as gifts, or donate some. However if he is just buying them to resell with a markup right away online, than that rubs me the wrong way. I agree that Walmart should just put a limit on things like this just to give everyone a chance to get one that wants to make the effort to visit on Black Friday.

Rootbeer

Banned
will B&M LEGO stores be having the same sales as S@H?

I wonder if I can call my local LEGO store and have them hold a Hydra set for me so I can pick it up this afternoon, assuming it was the website's sale price

Ryuuroden

I got the final flight of the destiny bounty for the gingerbread house since I own all the exclusives currently released at the moment.

Ponn

Banned
Got my Target Minifigure cube in the mail today. Unique figs but still basic, like no accessories. I remember the ones from last year had like a little bag with their accessories but I checked all over and nothing. Kai comes with a single katana sword on his back and the Chima fig has his cape on so its wrinkled again like last years. Still they look pretty cool. Lets face it, I paid $10 for Lightning Lad and thats all that matters.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got my Target Minifigure cube in the mail today. Unique figs but still basic, like no accessories. I remember the ones from last year had like a little bag with their accessories but I checked all over and nothing. Kai comes with a single katana sword on his back and the Chima fig has his cape on so its wrinkled again like last years. Still they look pretty cool. Lets face it, I paid $10 for Lightning Lad and thats all that matters.

Looks like mine is arriving Monday. Yeah, I try to get all the Superhero minifigures that I can. $10 for four exclusive minifigs is a great deal these days though.

Currently trying my hand at Microbuild landscaping. I felt like making a Volcano Valley (title inspired by a Carl Barks story btw) I like this format because you need a LOT less pieces than for making minifig size landscapes obviously and it also takes up less tablespace to build :p The hardest part is trying to figure out how to make the lava "flow" along a certain path and simulate the different shades of red/orange/yellow and tiny "flares" etc. believably. Still not completely satisified with that.

qm4QMTC.jpg

CKsXgCN.jpg

dbhsaKc.jpg

Currently trying my hand at Microbuild landscaping. I felt like making a Volcano Valley (title inspired by a Carl Barks story btw) I like this format because you need a LOT less pieces than for making minifig size landscapes obviously and it also takes up less tablespace to build :p The hardest part is trying to figure out how to make the lava "flow" along a certain path and simulate the different shades of red/orange/yellow and tiny "flares" etc. believably. Still not completely satisified with that.

qm4QMTC.jpg

CKsXgCN.jpg

dbhsaKc.jpg

You're gonna love the trans orange 1x1 round plate with hole that's in all the 2016 City Fire sets...

iosefe

story time. i was surprised to see the big AT-ATs, The Gohst and the B Wing in our store today for the doorbusters. really nice. one guy bought 5 AT-ATs from us

another guy returned an Ewok Village he bought online for some store credit to buy stuff. it was sold about 2 hours later to a lucky family

mojiimbo

^

You should ask store management for the explanation on why Ewok Village is out of stock at LEGO until early next year. It's a doozy...

will B&M LEGO stores be having the same sales as S@H?

I wonder if I can call my local LEGO store and have them hold a Hydra set for me so I can pick it up this afternoon, assuming it was the website's sale price
Price should be the same. They might not do the hold because it's Black Friday, I guess?

Doorbusters were actually pretty decent today. AT-AT/$99 City Fire Station/Heartlake Shopping Mall/B-Wing/Stars Wars "Ghost" ship from Rebels for 40% off for the first few hours and then 20% off after that for the rest of the day. Pirates Chess Set for 50% off for the first few hours and then 30% after that.

I started on the Grand Hotel. This is a really cool build. The walls are simplified a bit compared to a modular, no fancy SNOT work or so, but there's still some neat detail. Especially with the new exclusive parts (which were part of the reason I got it). And then there's the taxi which blows the Palace Cinema limo out of the water, and a TON of detailing inside the lobby/bar area.

I'll end up putting this on a modular streetfront and having it stand in for an upcoming build (which might very well end up being a hotel itself), so I'll show you how it blends in. I'd say so far it compares very favourably. I don't know if Astrid designed this personally, but she definitely brought a lot of the modular ideas back to Friends after TH and PC.

Rootbeer

Banned
^
Price should be the same. They might not do the hold because it's Black Friday, I guess?

I opted not to bother. Totally freezing today and I just didn't want it bad enough to make the trip. I'll bricklink Quicksilver someday down the line I guess.

However the more I see of Nexo Knights the more I want to buy a few of them, so I'm planning on getting a small assortment with my Late Dec/early Jan pick-ups. That translucent armor is really neat.

target.com already delivered my Naboo Starfighter. Meanwhile the minifigure cube which I thought was coming this coming Monday is actually not coming till Weds, also from target.com.

i hope TRU ships my Ocean HQ soon!
You should ask store management for the explanation on why Ewok Village is out of stock at LEGO until early next year. It's a doozy...
WHAT! You can't drop a comment like that and not clue us in. We rely on you LEGO store employees for the juicy insider stuff like this!

iosefe

i'll probably ask on sunday. i think for us our store is just too small. it's why we aren't getting Jurassic world back in stock

Anyone seeing Jurassic World T-Rex Tracker 75918 on the shelves at TRU? It's currently available online, but no pickup, just shipping. I already have a ton of LEGO shipping home which my wife will definitely see. I want to avoid having another package come in and be the straw that broke the camel's back.

That is the last set from that theme that I need.

Ponn

Banned
Looks like mine is arriving Monday. Yeah, I try to get all the Superhero minifigures that I can. $10 for four exclusive minifigs is a great deal these days though.

Now for the wait for the wait to see where exactly Cosmic Boy is going to show up then the excruciating wait to see if Lego will make a Saturn Girl fig or leave us hanging like no Raven.

I love Walking Dead and saw Jang's review of some of the Mcfarlane sets and decided to dip my toes in with the Boiler Room set on sale for 13.99. Then I saw they just released the first of a Game of Thrones line in that Mcfarlane building set series with an Iron Throne room and Joffrey set and had to pick that up along with some blind bags hoping to get a Tyrion figure. Also my Big Hero 6 chinese figs came in the mail today as well but I haven't looked at them yet.

Anyone seeing Jurassic World T-Rex Tracker 75918 on the shelves at TRU? It's currently available online, but no pickup, just shipping. I already have a ton of LEGO shipping home which my wife will definitely see. I want to avoid having another package come in and be the straw that broke the camel's back.

That is the last set from that theme that I need.

I know the feeling. Ewok Village arrived in a HUGE box today. Had some 'splainin to do.

That's me in the photo.
Not really. Seeing that is upsetting, but he didn't break any rules so c'est la vie

I thought there was a limit of 4 per customer for those. I checked a couple more Walmarts today and no luck; those sold out quick all around me.

There needs to be a limit of like 2-3 per customer.

Have a feeling I'm gonna get the Hydra set in the mail and wish I bought something else instead.

neonglow

I ended up getting a bunch of Chima stuff plus some other sets. It ended up being about $200 so I have 2 more Gingerbread Houses coming.

Got this during the Brick Friday sale:

Bladvic’s Rumble Bear
Vultrix’s Sky Scavenger
Mammoth’s Frozen Stronghold
King Crominus’ Rescue
Chain Cycle Ambush
Bad Cop Car Chase

I'm waiting until Cyber Monday to get the Brick Bounty. I've never managed to find that set at a big discount.

"I pity the fool that doesn't get LEGO for xmas!"

http://citizenbrick.com/collections/minifigs

Looks like Citizen Bricks (custom printers) released a new batch of minifigs. I hope we see an official LEGO Mr. T someday. Hard to imagine LEGO doing a better print job than this though. Citizen Bricks really puts a lot of effort on the side and back printing.

Damn! Now i want the whole A-Team... shame that is just another license we will NEVER see made into official Lego :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Not caught up on the thread recently - have any of you received the wall-e fix parts from Lego? I just emailed customer services but I don't have any official record of buying the set because it wasn't bought from a Lego store - Toythatkills bought mine for me :)

Can some of the comic readers in this thread help me identify some of these shady figs?

• Fourth row, third from the left between Shazam and Nightwing
  • Scary red faced Lantern dude in the third row
  • Who the hell are all the flash characters? I'm assuming that #5 & #6 are from the TV series but I'm not sure
  • Why does Jean Grey have plants?
  • Beside Black Canary - is that supposed to be Ra's Al Ghul?
  • I know I've asked this before but I forgot - who does the white face in pic #2 belong to?

Can some of the comic readers in this thread help me identify some of these shady figs?

• Fourth row, third from the left between Shazam and Nightwing
  • Scary red faced Lantern dude in the third row
  • Who the hell are all the flash characters? I'm assuming that #5 & #6 are from the TV series but I'm not sure
  • Why does Jean Grey have plants?
  • Beside Black Canary - is that supposed to be Ra's Al Ghul?
  • I know I've asked this before but I forgot - who does the white face in pic #2 belong to?

1) Red Robin / Tim Drake
2) Atrocitus
3) I'd need a better look at the Flash figures, but 5 is TV Flash, 6 is TV Reverse-Flash, and 7 is New 52 Reverse-Flash
4) Probably just extra parts stuffed in, like sometimes bootleg Clone Troopers come with lightsabres
5) Looks like Ra's Al Ghul from Arrow
6) Saint Walker, leader of the Blue Lanterns

Walmart has the 1500 pc. set available for $48 online. Still a good deal.

Thanks! Just got the Duplo equivalent for a gift.

Still a good price, but not the ~50% enough for me to grab the LEGO system box since I have tons of regular bricks. @ ~50% off though I wouldn't be able to resist.

Links again in case anyone is interested:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Classic-LEGO-Large-Creative-Box-10697/45982582

http://www.walmart.com/ip/BLITZ-DO-...-LEGO-DUPLO-Large-Creative-Box-10622/45982583.

I am thinking about going to the LEGO store this morning (on the way to other shopping) and I am just curious how are the Gingerbread set stock at the stores. Should I bother stopping there?

NEO0MJ

How difficult is it to get into Mindstorm? I've always been curious about it but I'm worried that my lack of programming knowledge would make it difficult for me to work with.

Terrible Lego FF based on the terrible movie. I absolutely love this set, no idea why. It even has the movie Doctor Doom!:

It did provide a clear Invisible Woman in the set though, allowing me to finally complete m FF team the way I wanted. I believe this has minis from 4 different sets to get the right combo.

Finally, here are some cool random figs that I picked up here and there. Love the Juggernaught and especially Ghost Rider. I was glad to get a proper sniper rifle for my Winter Soldier. I think I have 5-6 of them now, including 2 from polybags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom