• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just placed my order for Doctor Who. Thankfully, it was still free shipping no matter how low.

Ordered Doctor Who, redeemed my $35 in VIP. Wound up paying $26 and change total for it. Nice.

Got bitten by the nostalgia bug and decided to get the latest pirate ship (Brick Bounty). In addition, decided to build all my other pirate ships at the same time.

fDm7G0S.jpg

Begging forgiveness for the yellow lighting of my room and my terrible positioning of the picture.

Rootbeer

Banned
Order placed for Doctor Who and Arendelle Castle Celebration.

Arendelle is to build with my niece who is, of course, obsessed with Frozen.

Gingerbread House promo is still live so I ordered the Dr Who set and some others to reach $100.

I was tempted to build up to the $100 and double dip, but relented. One Gingerbread House is enough. And need to save money for January now.

But, good news is after Doctor Who arrives I can safely say I am done with 2015 sets.

Grab Jurassic World sets before they go extinct!

Toys R Us lists it as sold out.

LEGO S@H has removed "Jurassic World" in the Theme list, but it has this comment on the sets:

Temporarily out of stock

We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability.​

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/T-rex-Tracker-75918

February??? Does that mean they produced more or they are just shipping last of inventory from the back of some warehouse?

T-Rex is the last one I need. Getting a bit nervous I may miss it. If anyone is still holding out, I wouldn't just in case. Grab it if you see it.

Got bitten by the nostalgia bug and decided to get the latest pirate ship (Brick Bounty). In addition, decided to build all my other pirate ships at the same time.

Begging forgiveness for the yellow lighting of my room and my terrible positioning of the picture.

Won't ask why you have them setup on the bed. What an adult does in his/her own privacy with LEGO is none of my business. ;)

Won't ask why you have them setup on the bed. What an adult does in his/her own privacy with LEGO is none of my business. ;)

I have no shame admitting my affection for LEGO.

Still, it's not as apparent due to the lighting, but my bedding is a shade of light-blue, which is pretty much a perfect backdrop for my ships.

Grab Jurassic World sets before they go extinct!

Toys R Us lists it as sold out.

LEGO S@H has removed "Jurassic World" in the Theme list, but it has this comment on the sets:

Temporarily out of stock

We're sorry that this set is not available. Please check back in February for product availability.​

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/T-rex-Tracker-75918

February??? Does that mean they produced more or they are just shipping last of inventory from the back of some warehouse?

T-Rex is the last one I need. Getting a bit nervous I may miss it. If anyone is still holding out, I wouldn't just in case. Grab it if you see it.

FWIW, Jurassic World isn't going away soon. Due to the immense demand and the coming holidays, it's not being sold online or even in all Lego Stores, just specific key stores, because of supply restrictions. Once the holidays are over it'll go back up online and spread out to other stores again.

At least, that's what we've been told.

Does the Star Wars calender have a printing error?

The side of ours says includes an exclusive darth Vader mini figure but pretty sure he's not included this year

teeny

Time for outrage!

:p

Does anyone else think that the minifigs in this years SW calendar are a bit.... lacklustre?

I found 9509-1 (the Maul calendar), so I have two this year and the Snowman Artoo is so much better than this years normal one with added antlers. The Threepio figure is pretty bland too - no special printed pieces, just a normal Threepio with added Santa parts. It would have been much cooler to get something like a brighter TC-4 with Santa bits imo.

I am happy that there are Hoth related minifigs in both calendars though - I can't wait for the Hoth sets next year :)

teeny

Every SW calendar without an actual exclusive Minifig is disappointing SW calendar!

I love my Darth Santa from last year!

Darth Santa is my favourite with Jango pretty close. I hope we get some Force Awakens characters next year! Though I would like a Christmas Kenobi and Mrs Claus style Leia too :)

Rootbeer

Banned
The darth santa is nice. This year's SW Advent was incredibly lazy. The C-3PO torso is exclusive I think (the gold belt and belt buckle matches C-3PO, but it's very subtle and looks like any other random Santa torso)

Would have been a nice year for Santa Kylo Ren. I'm sure that is probably coming next year or very soon after. :/

teeny

The darth santa is nice. This year's SW Advent was incredibly lazy. The C-3PO torso is exclusive I think (the gold belt and belt buckle matches C-3PO, but it's very subtle and looks like any other random Santa torso)

Would have been a nice year for Santa Kylo Ren. I'm sure that is probably coming next year or very soon after. :/

Yeah, if they're going to make it unique, they need to go all out in my opinion.

Kylo would be good, but I would appreciate more good guys or especially pirates / bounty hunters - Maz Kanata and The Crimson Corsair spring to mind, though we don't know anything about them yet and I don't think Corsair will be featured enough to be popular. Though it happened to Boba...

Are those 2x1 sand green slopes or are those stickers on a trans blue window?

Probably stickers. There's no part that could fit behind the windows like that.

In other news, Doctor Who is sold out until the 7th! I'll be going to the new Lego Store in Stockholm next week, hopefully they still have it.

Rootbeer

Banned

In other news, Doctor Who is sold out until the 7th! I'll be going to the new Lego Store in Stockholm next week, hopefully they still have it.

Great news. Glad it is a success.

If anyone wants it sooner, you could cave and get it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZSJMBHS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Well, none seem sold out on the USA S@H at least not yet. I think these sets kinda slipped past everyone's radar. Once the parents know the two frozen sets are available they'll be gone fast.

I bought the Wall-E set and have second thoughts about it. I might return it. Convince me otherwise Lego GAF!

Once the neck part is fixed, it is fantastic. Hopefully you have one with the fixed neck part, and if not it is easily done yourself.

Just a classy, wonderful set.

Well, none seem sold out on the USA S@H at least not yet. I think these sets kinda slipped past everyone's radar. Once the parents know the two frozen sets are available they'll be gone fast.

Well, the UK buys from the same shop so it's not a big surprise that it's selling well. Either way, nice to see. I just hope I can get it. The Lego Dimensions levels were really impressive. I just hope I can avoid buying the level pack too.

I was going to say the Jurassic World sets are much better than the recent Dino theme. Looking at the Dino sets, they weren't that bad. I just didn't like the yellow color scheme and prefer the blue of Jurassic World theme.

I really liked that last Dino theme. I think I bought all the sets except for the big base, all on clearance to boot. But then I never got around to opening them, and they shot up in value, so I sold them off this past year. #AFOLproblems

Is there a way to tell looking at the box? I don't want to open it yet.

I really don't know. But even if you open it and have the old neck, contact LEGO and they will send you the few pieces it takes to change it.

I do highly recommend the set. Nearly everyone on here that got it has loved it except for the neck joint, which once it was fixed eliminated almost all criticism of the set.

Thank you for posting that link. I drove to two toys r us that said they had it today but in reality it's not scanned in to sell yet till tomorrow. Snagged the Amazon one and will get it Thursday. Again thank you because every time I typed it in it was only pulling up the one for $145

Really hope it sells extremely well to lead into more sets and eventually all the previous incarnations of the Doctor and some of the companions.

oneHeero

Everything is awesome. Would love to see how excited he is when he opens it. Pics would probably not do justice to his joy.

I'll definitely post some pics. I have to figure something out because he plays with all my CMF and any set I build. I could only imagine how many pieces my Mystery Machine is missing and my Double Decker Couch. My CMF collection is missing a bunch of pieces too.

And the T-Rex from his JW set is missing 1 arm that he lost during a fight with a Lego Hulk and Shark.

I love watching him play with all of it though

Okay, who was responsible for beginning the hype train on the Morro Dragon? Was it Ponn, or someone else?

Because whomever is responsible for starting that hype train down the tracks deserves a medal. Man, that was such an awesome set. Now I need more ghost ninjas. This is like the perfect blend of creepy halloween stuff and an old kung fu flick.

Okay, who was responsible for beginning the hype train on the Morro Dragon? Was it Ponn, or someone else?

Because whomever is responsible for starting that hype train down the tracks deserves a medal. Man, that was such an awesome set. Now I need more ghost ninjas. This is like the perfect blend of creepy halloween stuff and an old kung fu flick.

I believe Ponn was the first, yes... Then someone else and myself also bought the set and pimped it quite a bit :) The Ninjas are cool but what did you think of the actual Dragon? I love how bulky it is for a usually more slender chinese type dragon.

Crap pictures, but the Morro Dragon has joined the battle on top of my AV rack.

I just wish that the midsection of the body was posable as well. The best part of the build was the head though. That part is so awesome.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I'm so much more excited to build it now (and I was already incredibly excited)! I just need to finish building the holiday sets for Christmas decorations first.

And yeah, the minifigs seem amazing. Half the reason I bought that set (and the other dragon set) was for the ghost minifigures. I've never bought a Lego set before with the minifigures being one of the prime motivations.

I just wish that the midsection of the body was posable as well. The best part of the build was the head though. That part is so awesome.

My thoughts exactly. I understand why they couldn't make the body poseable. The color scheme is great too! The dark blue and light yellowish glow-in-dark is perfect.

I still haven't done the legs and wings yet. My kids still thought it looked cool and thought it was a snake.

Ponn

Banned

Wheee i'm so happy you enjoyed it. And yes the head build was very awesome. I can understand wanting the midsection to be posable, it looks like a squirmy, snaking chinese dragon. I think the half circle green pieces winding back and forth were supposed to kind of make up for that. I also love how posable the tail is.

Man that calendar is making me itch for the Ghostbusters HQ now, so soon. The Nexo intro pack being the freebie is a good move on Lego's part. Like slipping people a sample of crack to get them hooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom