• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFuzz

You guys are making it much harder to resist getting into Ninjago. I don't care about the story or vehicles, just the buildings and dragons.

How is the Bank NOT on the calendar? Wasn't that fountain set supposed to be the polybag with purchase, too?

ghostmind

You guys are making it much harder to resist getting into Ninjago. I don't care about the story or vehicles, just the buildings and dragons.

How is the Bank NOT on the calendar? Wasn't that fountain set supposed to be the polybag with purchase, too?

That was assumed, but never confirmed.

Ponn

Banned

Start with the Morro Dragon and then, you know, go from there. It won't take too long.

Here I'll make it easy, Buy Morro Dragon. Buy it. Just do it. How can you resist that cute wittle dragon face.

Try Master Wu's dragon. It's not as spectacular as Morro's dragon, but it's less pricey and still a great dragon. Here is a shot I took of Wu's dragon all ready for the holidays.

FiNCav1.jpg

HAIL HYDRA!

And the Avenjet looks like some knockoff of a 90s Space set, I will still be getting it since the Avengers jets always deliver. And dat Thanos and Hyperion! Captain Marvel is the cherry on top.

EDIT: Going through the LEGO website now trying to get the new OT ready, and realized that almost all Ultra Agents stuff is gone forever. I really should ransack TRU this next week or so to get the two sets I really want. I never got the entire theme, but everything I did get was solid gold. It deserved so much better than it got.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So between the two simpson sets (house and kwik-e), which one is a better set as far as aesthetics/looking at? as far as building?

HAIL HYDRA!

And the Avenjet looks like some knockoff of a 90s Space set, I will still be getting it since the Avengers jets always deliver. And dat Thanos and Hyperion! Captain Marvel is the cherry on top.

EDIT: Going through the LEGO website now trying to get the new OT ready, and realized that almost all Ultra Agents stuff is gone forever. I really should ransack TRU this next week or so to get the two sets I really want. I never got the entire theme, but everything I did get was solid gold. It deserved so much better than it got.

Thanos is wearing boots with stud shooters. I don't remember that from the comics. :)

Totally getting both sets mainly for the minifigs. Avenjet looks decent and the red, white and black pieces of both sets are all very reusable.

EDIT: The Ultra Agents Ocean HQ has to be one of the most underrated sets this year in terms of demand. I'm totally just basing it on the look and the fact it is entirely brick built. Can't wait to build it. You didn't bite during the 30% sale last week?

Thanos is wearing boots with stud shooters. I don't remember that from the comics. :)

Totally getting both sets mainly for the minifigs. Avenjet looks decent and the red, white and black pieces of both sets are all very reusable.

EDIT: The Ultra Agents Ocean HQ has to be one of the most underrated sets this year in terms of demand. I'm totally just basing it on the look and the fact it is entirely brick built. Can't wait to build it. You didn't bite during the 30% sale last week?
I was broke last week. And needed to order something to get the Gingerbread House. :(

Only two sets I really want that I haven't gotten yet are Anti-Matter Portal and the helicopter.
And yes, the Ocean HQ is wonderful.

ghostmind

I see a fire extinguisher, which is a Bessa signature, in the Avenjet - however it is yellow instead of the normal red. Wonder if this is a Bessa set...

Ponn

Banned

Yea I dig the Thanos fig but that whatever he is flying with looks like something that should be with an Orion fig. I guess I will have to build him a proper flying throne when I get him. It's really weird since he had his throne in GoTG.

I also don't get why Captain Marvel is flying the jet and Captain America is the one fighting in space, that makes no sense.

I see a fire extinguisher, which is a Bessa signature, in the Avenjet - however it is yellow instead of the normal red. Wonder if this is a Bessa set...

Well, it is an Avengers jet, and he is 2 for 2 in that category.

I also don't get why Captain Marvel is flying the jet and Captain America is the one fighting in space, that makes no sense.

That bothers me too. And how the hell does Cap expect to get his shield back after throwing it in space? Now if they made a clear one and it was his energy shield...

Took more progress pics cuz I have been covering up stuff as I build. I don't have any large plan, just a bunch of ideas that are quickly sketched out on paper, so some things are getting lost. Like there's a treasure chest in a hidden compartment under one of the bottom floor stairs that I can't even get to now. Oh well, I am having fun and getting better at building.

Today's update album: http://imgur.com/a/4ONfy

The main additions since last time are a werewolf cage and a tower. As it happens they ended up right next to each other. I could have hung the werewolf cage off the other side but that would have extended the footprint too much. I might move the tower but I have plans to connect it to a balcony from the center building.

This chute door will be on an upper floor and the chute will go right into the werewolf cage. It's wide enough for most minifigs to fall through easily.

The room that the cage is on now will change a bit. Will probably put a wall up to hide the cage from anyone continuing up through the room so victims won't see their fate before they can make it to an upper floor to be tossed down the chute. Also that cover for the staircase will probably move to an upper floor.

Some pics with the center building floor layers removed.

Took more progress pics cuz I have been covering up stuff as I build. I don't have any large plan, just a bunch of ideas that are quickly sketched out on paper, so some things are getting lost. Like there's a treasure chest in a hidden compartment under one of the bottom floor stairs that I can't even get to now. Oh well, I am having fun and getting better at building.

Today's update album: http://imgur.com/a/4ONfy

The main additions since last time are a werewolf cage and a tower. As it happens they ended up right next to each other. I could have hung the werewolf cage off the other side but that would have extended the footprint too much. I might move the tower but I have plans to connect it to a balcony from the center building.

This chute door will be on an upper floor and the chute will go right into the werewolf cage. It's wide enough for most minifigs to fall through easily.

The room that the cage is on now will change a bit. Will probably put a wall up to hide the cage from anyone continuing up through the room so victims won't see their fate before they can make it to an upper floor to be tossed down the chute. Also that cover for the staircase will probably move to an upper floor.

Some pics with the center building floor layers removed.

Looking awesome!

And, as an owner of an oven like yours (but black), those flat top electric ranges are a bitch to clean, aren't they? I can never seem to get them clean once one spill occurs.

And, as an owner of an oven like yours (but black), those flat top electric ranges are a bitch to clean, aren't they? I can never seem to get them clean once one spill occurs.
Haha, thanks, yes, I use that blue chalky stuff with an abrasive pad and then have to wipe that stuff off with vinegar and a towel. Those black smudges aren't even from "spills"--they happen every time I use it, probably residue from the cleaning product.

I really love the Resistance Troop Transporter set. I don't even know why, but I can just feel it calling to me. It will be mine.

Are there any high definition photos of it?

Stickers on LEGO are the worst.
I was laughing so hard when the guy at LEGO store hand me the sticker sheet for the calendar.

Also there is sticker sheet in LEGO Dimensions, considering the large amount they produced for all the platforms I thought they would have printed parts. Game is fun so far but the set are so overpriced.

Ryuuroden

HAIL HYDRA!

Do you need links to some of the web articles about my orthanc moc (kotaku, brothers brick) or the YouTube Video of the interior for the new OT? You should add Siegfried's builds to the ot as well.

Parrotbeak: Nice! I like the Insta-shredder/werewolf cage trap, that is brutal :p

Also: Speaking of that oven, i hope you don't accidentally leave that tray on there while it's turned on ;) i actually know of someone who had that very thing happen to him (it was an empty pizza box in his case but the point stands) and his whole apartment burned down as a result!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also Kwik-E doesn't give me the whole family unlike the House... but I was told Kwik-E is more fun to build. But I wonder which looks better.

Rootbeer

Banned
If you can only get one the Simpsons House is more essential, but I do think the Kwik-E-Mart as a build and aesthetic experience alone is higher up. It has so much going on.

But I just could not imagine owning the Mart and not the House. So I say House first.

After owning both the house and full sets of Simpsons Series 1 and 2 Minifigures, the minifigure spread in the Mart is really disappointing, too.
Those new Marvel sets are awful. At least the minis are great, but wow.
I really feel like they've given up. They know that minifigures are selling these sets so they don't put the effort into it that they should.

We are starting to see the same problem with Star Wars sets. We do get some nice ships here and there, but a big portion of sets are just minifigure packs with some lazy builds now. And I'm not just talking about the Battle Packs which are intended to be that.

Rootbeer

Banned
shark guy is gonna be one of the hardest figs to find in the wild... people are going to be cherry picking him from boxes like no tomorrow. Great looking fig.

Welp! I guess we should expect the review on eurobricks literally at any moment if these are coming out in January. WhiteFang always get them way way early. I don't know how he got such an epic hookup but LEGO clearly loves him a lot!

Omg! I want all of them except possibly the ballerina.

Classic Space flag! Bokken! Skunk! Mop head! Faun legs! Wide dress piece! New mace mold? Mr Golden Freaking Warrior!

IHaveIce

Banned
Man I need those Marvel sets like yesterday... Thanos, Hyperion &Captain Marvel.

Also awesome Ironman suits, shame though that Cap is always the same suit

Do you need links to some of the web articles about my orthanc moc (kotaku, brothers brick) or the YouTube Video of the interior for the new OT? You should add Siegfried's builds to the ot as well.

Yes, please. I asked a few pages back for set suggestions for the new OP, but would also like links to MOCs that people want shared.

I am through updating the themes section, now need to update the MOCs, organization, and suggested sets.

Everyone, if you have any sets you want to suggest that can be easily found in 2016, or any MOCs you want to share, please PM me with the information and what you want shared. Thank you.

Keaner

Neo Member

Those fire extinguishers have been around in Town sets since the '80s, long before Bessa was working for LEGO. I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that.

Reusing the gargoyle head piece for the goat boy is awesome.
Galaxy Squad robot!
I must get a bunch of the golden hawk guys to make a Flash Gordon MOC.
Shark guy!

There is a lot of really cool stuff in this series, and lots of new types of pieces too, like the baby and the large dress.

Nooooooooooo.... the kendo guy has a printed torso so no armor with a gi underneath. Boo.

Still getting like ten of him for the swords though. Maybe for the legs too, can't tell.

TheFuzz

Yes, please. I asked a few pages back for set suggestions for the new OP, but would also like links to MOCs that people want shared.

I am through updating the themes section, now need to update the MOCs, organization, and suggested sets.

Everyone, if you have any sets you want to suggest that can be easily found in 2016, or any MOCs you want to share, please PM me with the information and what you want shared. Thank you.

Phone, I PMd you about posting my Arkham modular, but idk if you got it since I'm a Junior member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom