• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This series will have 16 figs, but what about S17, will that be the Disney one(18 figs) or is that one a one off series like Simpsons?

I am asking because an 18 figs regular series would seriously fuck up my display

CMF roughly translated list:

Queen
Head of Animal Control
Jewel Thief
Tribal Woman
Dancer
Flying Warrior/Road Warrior
Satyr
Scary Knight
Wrestling Champion
Costume Shark Guy
Awkward/Clumsy Man
Kendo Fighter
Astronaut
Laser Robot
Concierge
Farmer

ghostmind

My last set of 2015, and my first of 2016...

DeI8gDB.jpg

My last set of 2015, and my first of 2016...

DeI8gDB.jpg

Park Animals is first on my list for 2016. Hopefully TRU has some left when they do the Hulk promo.

And once Doctor Who arrives this weekend I can make a top 10 list. I feel the need to go to 10 this year since there were so many amazing sets. This was a very, very strong year.

CMF roughly translated list:

Queen
Head of Animal Control
Jewel Thief
Tribal Woman
Dancer
Flying Warrior/Road Warrior
Satyr
Scary Knight
Wrestling Champion
Costume Shark Guy
Awkward/Clumsy Man
Kendo Fighter
Astronaut
Laser Robot
Concierge
Farmer

Concierge =/= Janitor

Otherwise the list was fairly accurate.

secret rob

Neo Member
I received my Wall-E "fix" from lego. I guess they think the issue was the vertical positioning of the head and not the fact that it just spins freely without any friction to hold it in place.

Guess I'll resort to using tape to keep the head in place until I decide on if I want to get a ball joint or not.

Also unrelated to Wall-E, if you didn't already know, with BestBuy's GCU (Gamers club unlocked) you get 20% off all lego dimensions sets. (And new games too)

Queen - Nice and works well with King CMF. I can see the hair going with a Southern Belle CMF. The skirt can probably be used for the giant hoop skirts of that era too.

Head of Animal Control - Nothing special about minifig, but dat Skunk! Is that net new? I don't have it so that is a nice bonus too.

Jewel Thief - I really like the look of the thief, but I don't see why she needs to be in a CMF line and not in one of the criminal filled LEGO City sets. Masked face is very reusable.

Tribal Woman - I like it. I like the baby accessory, but I think LEGO could have done better with a method that works with any minifig head like this: http://www.brickwarriors.com/wrapped-baby/
It's not like LEGO has an absolute scale.

Dancer - I was hoping it would be a ballerina. The ruffle skirt thingy is great. I hope demand isn't high for it so I can get a few cheaply.

Flying Warrior - AWESOME. Mr. Gold who? I'd rather had a dozen of these than 1 Mr. Gold (except to sell for lots of $$$).

Satyr - New leg mould? AWESOME Lot of cost going into this minifig with two new moulds that are not very resuable (unless the legs are just clever printing that makes it look new to me). I have to imagine we'll see these moulds used again in the future. Printing on the flute!

Scary Knight - Really like the new mace. Looks good.

Wrestling Champion - Liking the heavy use of two color legs in many of the minifigs. I'll swap out the torso with one without the champion belt.

Costume Shark Guy - AWESOME

Awkward/Clumsy Man - AWESOME. I only want one, but I want a bunch of the head bandage and crutch accessories.

Kendo Fighter - Meh. Pretty much what I expected except for the nice dark blue color. Like the kendo sword color to look like wood.

Astronaut - Meh. Nice printing and love the logo.

Laser Robot - I really like it, but I feel like this is the 3rd variation of the the same thing they have done already. Sci-fi stuff is getting repetitive.

Concierge/Janitor - Captures the janitor look perfectly with the new mop accessory. Nice printing.

Farmer - Not excited about it, but it is great looking with two color legs. If LEGO ever does farm subtheme again, I expect similar looking minifigs. Pig accessory makes it even better.

Rootbeer

Banned
Sooooo I don't know but I had a weird feeling this was going to happen... and it did.

I ordered the Ocean HQ on TRU.com when it was discounted. I wanted it and the Mission HQ roughly equally, but the Mission HQ was more expensive due to TRU markup.

anyway TRU incorrectly sent me the Mission HQ... lol. I don't know if I should try to exchange it or keep it since I technically saved $10 in a way... o_O

Well... I kinda hope I can get another shot at a $69.99 Ocean HQ, I'd probably jump on it.

ALSO... toysrus.com is listing nexo knights... none for sale yet, but their site is notorious for selling items early. J2G gets a lot of his early sets from there

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...eywords=nexo knights&origkw=nexo+knights&sr=1

Also some star wars sets etc. (again not orderable that I can see)

Maengun1

Nice new minifigs! LOVE crutches guy -- one of my favorite ideas they've had yet! Satyr, awesome. I actually love the animal control fig too, haha.

I'll be picking up most of these....only ones I don't really care for are the knight, astronaut, and the sword guy. Nothing wrong with them, just kinda generic/overdone concepts. I've got knights and astronauts already.... but as usual with Lego, I suspect the things that least excite me here are the same things the kids will be most into, so that's all good. At least the alien robot space whatever guy in this series looks sort of unique.

Kinda wish the wrestler came with a folding chair instead of a trophy, ha.

Ponn

Banned
I received my Wall-E "fix" from lego. I guess they think the issue was the vertical positioning of the head and not the fact that it just spins freely without any friction to hold it in place.

Guess I'll resort to using tape to keep the head in place until I decide on if I want to get a ball joint or not.

Ugh, that's not the parts for the iix they just released. The new instructions have a ball joint fix and thats the piece I really wanted. I think I have one but its currently in my Bat-Mech set. Now I went from happy they were sending out replacement parts to why even bother if you aren't going to send out the parts needed for the fix.

Lightning Lad is a pretty cool minifig

Yep! There are dozens of characters they can use, but the core 3 in all incarnations/variations are Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, and Saturn Girl. I couldn't find a good group shot of the most recent version of the Legion of Super-Heroes, but this falls somewhere in the past decade. I would love for them to do more characters from that group.

rANnSiv.jpg

Here's a few pics of my latest. These came from Maylasia and were on my doorstep 6 days from when I placed my order. I was pretty shocked, honestly.

First off are Batman and Robin. Out of every version I have of both, these are easily my favorite. Printing is a tad on the dull side, but I believe it was the intent because they both give off a darker vibe. Both capes are fantastic in terms of the material and folding techniques used to shape them. I've put shots of the capes too. The Robin one took me quite awhileto figure out how the hell to fold it!

560FDCE1-54E4-4B6C-A99A-5A8634822FA1.jpg

E1270932-530A-4C59-BC90-DDD1F8B259FD.jpg

E2E063D4-A7AB-47D2-93E5-ED53F6E05E6D.jpg

848ADA51-3B7F-4365-83B9-2BC2FA4335A0.jpg

911BB9C5-67BC-447F-A62C-FB3EDF1FDB97.jpg

Next are my new villains. I really only need Scarecrow to finish off Batman's entire rogues gallery.

4BD1E0AE-4A1D-458A-B251-104EF36976A9.jpg

And of course there is Gambit! Love, love, love this minifig! He just looks fantastic. I wish I had a Rogue :( I added a spare playing card from one of my spare Bullseye figs to complete the look. His jacket is made from the same material as capes above.

A6BD2006-BA35-4610-AE98-CDD0A557B896.jpg

I had 4 or 5 more included with this lot, including a Terminator character (complete with shotgun) and some Hydra and Shield soldiers. I have 5 of each on the way right now too, for Shield vs Hydra battle in my Lego City.

Nice Gambit, I need to order one of those.

I just got a set of knockoff Fantastic Four minifigs in the mail today. Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, Johnny Storm, Human Torch, big fig Thing, Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, and Firelord. As per usual, I was really pleased with the quality for the price.

Yep! There are dozens of characters they can use, but the core 3 in all incarnations/variations are Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, and Saturn Girl. I couldn't find a good group shot of the most recent version of the Legion of Super-Heroes, but this falls somewhere in the past decade. I would love for them to do more characters from that group.

rANnSiv.jpg

I have no idea who most of these people are. I did order a few cubes but these faces are all unknown.

For me, the Legion is Bats/Supes/WW/GL/Flash/MM and I remember a few extras like Miracle Man, Booster, Blue Beetle....maybe Guy Gardiner but I think he was a lantern. It's been a long time.

Ponn

Banned
I have no idea who most of these people are. I did order a few cubes but these faces are all unknown.

For me, the Legion is Bats/Supes/WW/GL/Flash/MM and I remember a few extras like Miracle Man, Booster, Blue Beetle....maybe Guy Gardiner but I think he was a lantern. It's been a long time.

Don't feel bad, the Legion is not a well known group among casual and non-comic followers. And you are thinking of Justice League. The Legion of Superheroes is a super group from the far future. In most versions of them Superboy and even Supergirl get transported to the the future time line and train to be super heroes with them. And then sometimes some of their groups get sent back and end up in current DC universe like Karate Kid.

If you are interested in them they are in a very good episode of Justice League Unlimited season 2 called Far From Home and here are a couple graphic novels that are pretty good stories with them.

Great Darkness Saga

Legion: Secret Origin

and my favorite Legion story Superman and the Legion of Superheroes

edit: Oh and don't forget the short lived Legion of Superheroes DC animated series. It's way too late to save it but everyone should at least watch the two seasons they put out. The art style turned people off but if you liked JL and JLU the stories were really good. I even went out of my way to collect all the McDonalds happy meal toys when they came out.

Also unrelated to Wall-E, if you didn't already know, with BestBuy's GCU (Gamers club unlocked) you get 20% off all lego dimensions sets. (And new games too)

How do you get in contact with them to get the 'fix' pieces?

The GCU works with all LEGO Dimensions set and not just the starter?

teeny

So I started building my Winter holiday sets now it's December. Did not have much time last night so we decided to build Santa's Visit (which I let the other half do because I'm nice like that) and Winter Fun. Very cool builds and they work really well joined together at the corner of my display plate, though I wish I bought one more of each so I could extend it a bit more. I'm going to rifle through my pieces to see if I can convincingly extent the wall of Winter Fun and the floor of Santa's Visit to give it a bit more space.

Hoping to start the Gingerbread House and Holiday Train set tonight and then start the Workshop / Toyshop over the weekend.

I'm going to MOC an ice rink and some other bits if I have time and space, too :)

Rootbeer

Banned
The GCU works with all LEGO Dimensions set and not just the starter?

yes it does. this is the biggest and best secret about GCU. It works on skylanders figures, disney infinity figures, lego dimensions figures, and nintendo amiibo figures!

My Doctor Who order shipped, and it will be here... Saturday!?!?! Wow. Usually takes like around 7 days to arrive.

yes it does. this is the biggest and best secret about GCU. It works on skylanders figures, disney infinity figures, lego dimensions figures, and nintendo amiibo figures!

My Doctor Who order shipped, and it will be here... Saturday!?!?! Wow. Usually takes like around 7 days to arrive.
That's good to know, I just got GCU membership this month and already save a tons. Right now it's cheaper at LEGO store because of sale and you get VIP points but for future purchase I definitely will get them at Best Buy.

Rootbeer

Banned
That's good to know, I just got GCU membership this month and already save a tons. Right now it's cheaper at LEGO store because of sale and you get VIP points but for future purchase I definitely will get them at Best Buy.

when best buy eventually starts clearancing lego dimensions stuff, GCU will stack on that too.

I just bought a TON of Disney Infinity figures for $3 - $5 each with free shipping thanks to GCU when they were clearing out a bunch of stock.

i'm saving about half of the lego dimensions stuff for when that happens again. For now I'm only picking up level packs, and a choice selection of team and single packs based on the area and ability access they will add to my portfolio.

bestbuy.com has not put them up for order yet, but here are the placeholders for the 2016 Dimensions sets. So you could order some of those at the GCU discount if you are planning on getting any before sales:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toys-to...0050003&nrp=25&cp=1&sp=-displaydate skuidsaas

when best buy eventually starts clearancing lego dimensions stuff, GCU will stack on that too.

I just bought a TON of Disney Infinity figures for $3 - $5 each with free shipping thanks to GCU when they were clearing out a bunch of stock.

i'm saving about half of the lego dimensions stuff for when that happens again. For now I'm only picking up level packs, and a choice selection of team and single packs based on the area and ability access they will add to my portfolio.

bestbuy.com has not put them up for order yet, but here are the placeholders for the 2016 Dimensions sets. So you could order some of those at the GCU discount if you are planning on getting any before sales:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toys-to...0050003&nrp=25&cp=1&sp=-displaydate skuidsaas
That is a great plan I usually wait for sale on these things, I just pick up last year Disney Infinity for $11.00 and will get most figures on clearance at GameStop and Best Buy.

Can someone help explain to me why there seems to be no instructons for the Lego Star wars calender ? Theres not even a name or a picture of everything, so you are left wondering wtf it is or how the various pieces fit together, unless you find a video of someone else putting it together on youtube, which takes a bit of the fun out of it.

I'll do that same thing with Best Buy on the Demensions stuff I want.

Does anyone know how that's selling? I've slready seen some really deep discounts on the main game.

teeny

Can someone help explain to me why there seems to be no instructons for the Lego Star wars calender ? Theres not even a name or a picture of everything, so you are left wondering wtf it is or how the various pieces fit together, unless you find a video of someone else putting it together on youtube, which takes a bit of the fun out of it.

There should be a picture on the inside flap of the door. I think the builds have been simple enough so far to determine what to do from that?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

The instruction's on the inside of the door...

Can't seem to actually figure out what today's is meant to be though (after building)

Ravek

Banned

If you mean the SW advent calender, the picture is on the flap opposite side of the number.

And you are thinking of Justice League. The Legion of Superheroes is a super group from the far future. In most versions of them Superboy and even Supergirl get transported to the the future time line and train to be super heroes with them. And then sometimes some of their groups get sent back and end up in current DC universe like Karate Kid.

I will check out some of the stuff you posted, thank you! I was totally thinking of the Justice League.

Is it this?

Even if that is incorrect, I applaud your effort. Nice pull.

Wow, no kidding. I would never have figured that out. Fits with the theme this year.

iosefe

got myself the super soarer last night. very nice little plane, and i like how they did the wing movement for the main build

i mainly got it because it reminded me of Starscream. and as a jet. it feels good

by that same logic, i should probably get the Training jet transport for the sake of the truck

got myself the super soarer last night. very nice little plane, and i like how they did the wing movement for the main build

i mainly got it because it reminded me of Starscream. and as a jet. it feels good

by that same logic, i should probably get the Training jet transport for the sake of the truck

is it just at toys r us? i cant find it anywhere else online

This happened to me last year. It was sort of fun to try to guess what I was supposed to make.

More CMF 15 images:

5w32r6C.png

I am very curious on the distribution for this series.

The Shark guy will be the Hot Dog / Unicorn one one of this series. It will be very hard to find due to demand unless they put 4-6 per box. I feel they limit those guys partially due to expense to make them and partially as a "rare" item to encourage more purchases.

I imagine the Satyr and Golden Winged Warrior will be 2nd or 3rd in demand. I can only imagine the ballerina would be another one many people may want multiples.

I really like this series. The "meh" figs aren't exciting, but they do a really good job on the printing and using the dual color moulding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom