• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eklipsis

My last set of 2015, and my first of 2016...

DeI8gDB.jpg

Would be a good set for a MOC competition for after the holidays..

Also that Gambit minifig!...so jealous

The instruction's on the inside of the door...

Can't seem to actually figure out what today's is meant to be though (after building)

If you mean the SW advent calender, the picture is on the flap opposite side of the number.

There should be a picture on the inside flap of the door. I think the builds have been simple enough so far to determine what to do from that?
Wow. I feel a bit like an idiot now. For some reason THAT place never occurred to me. Instead I looked inside the hatch for any pitcutres or notes, on the front, back, opened up the side of calender to see if there was something in there. I even browsed the Lego website for instructions (which there were none off, for this "set").... Damnit ! Oh well, you guys just made the rest of the month a lot easier.

This happened to me last year. It was sort of fun to try to guess what I was supposed to make.
Apparently it's on the back of the gorram lids.

By the way, this thread is awesome

Hahaha
Finally my Mechdragon will have a friend.

Then after the Morro Dragon, it'll be time to build Wu's Dragon. Poor Wu's Dragon won't even have a fighting chance against the team-up of Mechdragon and Morro Dragon.

Build Wu's Dragon first. I think it's great, but if you build it after Morro, it may not seem as nice. :)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Build Wu's Dragon first. I think it's great, but if you build it after Morro, it may not seem as nice. :)

You think?
I was considering that, but I also want to build Morro while the hype is still strong. I haven't started yet, so I might yet do that.

I built Morro first as well and am now sitting in front of an unopened Wu's box, kinda wondering whether i should even bother since he won't stand a chance i bet... Eh, then again, he may just strike a different note what with the whole good, cute dragon style (complete opposite of Morro really) even though he looks to be much smaller...

Ponn

Banned
I built Morro first as well and am now sitting in front of an unopened Wu's box, kinda wondering whether i should even bother since he won't stand a chance i bet... Eh, then again, he may just strike a different note what with the whole good, cute dragon style (complete opposite of Morro really) even though he looks to be much smaller...

This is actually good suggestions Kipp from Bentbricks and Winnie. Just like you I built Morro Dragon first and Wu's Dragon has been sitting here unopened for months. I'm not knocking Wu's Dragon, from reviews it seems like an also fantastic set. I'm not sure any Ninjago sets from that Ghost line were bad. It's just that once you build Morro Dragon its like opening your best Christmas gift before all the others.

Kipp

Against all advice, I did start building the Morro Dragon first. :p
I'm halfway through bag 4 of 5. Gonna finish it tomorrow I think. Mostly so I can savor it a bit more. Super cool so far though.
My decision was mostly based on the fact that even if I did build Wu's Dragon first, I'd be building it thinking that it's just the baby dragon that I've gotta build before I get to the Morro Dragon, so it was a damned if you do damned if you don't type situation. Although that phrase doesn't seem quite right, because either way I'll have a great time building it. It's just how to maximize the joy I'll get out of it. Haha

But with that said, I'm still excited to build Wu's Dragon after the Morro Dragon. No, it's not as big and impressive, but it has a style all its own. It's not just a less impressive, cheaper dragon - it's a way different vibe. So yeah, I'm still really looking forward to it. Though to break up the possible monotony, I'm planning to build one or two of the Lone Ranger sets in between.

I just watched the extended Battle of the Five Armies, and damn if it didn't make me want to get Thorin and Dain after all. If I need to pick up the two of them (and maybe Azog), I might as well try to find the actual set even though it's overpriced...

TheFuzz

All this Ninjago talk... I may be grabbing the Temple soon. The positive talk here, combined with the reviews of the dragons I've read are breaking my will to resist.

Kipp

WHOA! Battle for Ninjago City is only $72.98 at TRU!
It's a fantastic Ninjago set that I would highly recommend. I got it for $90 and thought it was a great price for it, so at $72.98 it's a total steal. I mean, it's nearly at $0.05 per piece!
Go go go!

All this Ninjago talk... I may be grabbing the Temple soon. The positive talk here, combined with the reviews of the dragons I've read are breaking my will to resist.

Do it do it do it.
At the very least, you need to get the Temple of Airjitzu. Simply incredible.

Don't forget about Titan Mech Battle! It'll be like Pacific Rim!
This set is still on my to get list.

pXjB6du.jpg

City of Styx is also on my list to get, but it's lower down the list due to the sparse incomplete look of the main build. The little ship looks great though and is the main attraction for me.

Man, Ninjago has so many minifig variants now.

WHOA! Battle for Ninjago City is only $72.98 at TRU!
It's a fantastic Ninjago set that I would highly recommend. I got it for $90 and thought it was a great price for it, so at $72.98 it's a total steal. I mean, it's nearly at $0.05 per piece!
Go go go!

Do it do it do it.
At the very least, you need to get the Temple of Airjitzu. Simply incredible.

That's ~40% off MSRP!!! I highly recommend that set as well. It looks great even if it's a playset.

Rootbeer

Banned
Give spider-man the same printing with every single set... but change Ninjago costumes with each new wave. That's LEGO for you.

(oh they finally gave Spidey some 'boots' in the latest release. Wow what an innovation!)

Give spider-man the same printing with every single set... but change Ninjago costumes with each new wave. That's LEGO for you.

(oh they finally gave Spidey some 'boots' in the latest release. Wow what an innovation!)

I would even settle for the same print on Dark Blue! At least they did the Iron Spider version. I count Morales black suit even though it's not Peter Parker.
I'd love to see Future Foundation version.

Spider-Man Suit variations

To be fair, there is an Ultimate Spidey minifig, as well as an Iron Spidey minifig (that comes in the set with the aforementioned booted Spidey).

Ponn

Banned
Oh man that Apocalypse Wars comic news is making me so giddy. He has always been favorite my comic book villain since I was a kid. I'm hoping sooooo much we get an Apocalypse fig with a Lego set around the next X-men movie. My dream set would be an Apocalypse fig and his four horsemen and a couple hero figs but i'm probably dreaming on that one.

Oh man that Apocalypse Wars comic news is making me so giddy. He has always been favorite my comic book villain since I was a kid. I'm hoping sooooo much we get an Apocalypse fig with a Lego set around the next X-men movie. My dream set would be an Apocalypse fig and his four horsemen and a couple hero figs but i'm probably dreaming on that one.

I hope so too, but it seems like Disney Marvel is hellbent on not promoting anything X-Men movie related by not selling toys tied to the movie. That said, LEGO obviously has put out sets with X-Men characters. I'm curious if that is why there is an absence of any X-Men sets next year.

Just finished the Snowspeeder of the old Wampa Cave set i had lying around and somehow must have forgotten to build... I didn't bother with that "cave" obviously, just the Wampa (which is awesome btw) and the Speeder and honestly, i think it's still a very simple but effective model of the ship for minifig scale! I mean, the new one doesn't look THAT much better...

Tplq1wo.jpg

That said, i can't wait for that UCS Snowspeeder, that's still a thing right?

Osahi

I'm going back to the Dark Ages.

The missus and I have bought an appartment, and we are figuring out the financials now. For now, we are in 'save as much as we can'-mode, which means cutting back on hobby expenses too. Our plans to buy Brick bank in january are shelved for now, and I'm happy the next Star Wars sets aren't really must haves for me if I'm honest with myself (not to say I won't buy the odd microfighter or little 30 euro set)

We are probably overreacting and I guess we will have more financial breathing room then we imagine now (we are counting for worst case scenario's), so let's hope that in a few months we can decide to get that Brick Bank anyway :D

ericb!

Neo Member
I'm going back to the Dark Ages.

The missus and I have bought an appartment, and we are figuring out the financials now. For now, we are in 'save as much as we can'-mode, which means cutting back on hobby expenses too. Our plans to buy Brick bank in january are shelved for now, and I'm happy the next Star Wars sets aren't really must haves for me if I'm honest with myself (not to say I won't buy the odd microfighter or little 30 euro set)

We are probably overreacting and I guess we will have more financial breathing room then we imagine now (we are counting for worst case scenario's), so let's hope that in a few months we can decide to get that Brick Bank anyway :D

I think this is an awesome decision you and your wife have made. It's so much nicer making financial decisions when you've already got money in the bank. Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom