• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going back to the Dark Ages.

The missus and I have bought an appartment, and we are figuring out the financials now. For now, we are in 'save as much as we can'-mode, which means cutting back on hobby expenses too. Our plans to buy Brick bank in january are shelved for now, and I'm happy the next Star Wars sets aren't really must haves for me if I'm honest with myself (not to say I won't buy the odd microfighter or little 30 euro set)

We are probably overreacting and I guess we will have more financial breathing room then we imagine now (we are counting for worst case scenario's), so let's hope that in a few months we can decide to get that Brick Bank anyway :D

I can't think of a more perfect set to remind you to save money than a Bank

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Oh man. Just put the head and tail on the Morro Dragon. So badass.
I have to head off to work now though, so I have to wait to finish it. :(

Only a month too late for halloween, we rebuilt our vampire castle. My god. I had forgotten how beautiful it is.

We're spending the next couple weeks rebuilding everything that's been languishing in a box since we moved in September.

The missus and I have bought an appartment, and we are figuring out the financials now. For now, we are in 'save as much as we can'-mode, which means cutting back on hobby expenses too. Our plans to buy Brick bank in january are shelved for now, and I'm happy the next Star Wars sets aren't really must haves for me if I'm honest with myself (not to say I won't buy the odd microfighter or little 30 euro set)

We are probably overreacting and I guess we will have more financial breathing room then we imagine now (we are counting for worst case scenario's), so let's hope that in a few months we can decide to get that Brick Bank anyway :D

No need to go into the Dark Ages. Not buying new stuff and Dark Ages are different. You can still enjoy and play with LEGO and not buy new sets. If your are the type that only builds sets based on provided instructions, I guess they both are essentially the same.

Congrats on the new place.

Never found the character blocks around here this year or last. Although my Target sucks in general.

They were just stocked on the 4th. If you cannot get one, I'll pick one up for you. Just let me know.

Last year's block was only available if you spent 30ish bucks or something on Lego at Target, while supplies last. After that sale was over, my local Target just put the extra character cubes out for sale to get rid of them. I really should've bought 2...

3N16MA

Banned
I just realized that I have hardly bought any sets from 2015. I am enjoying getting stuff that I missed out on initially.

ghostmind

76045 Kryptonite Interception:

FYHw4lV.jpg

9k4o3f0.png

Rootbeer

Banned
love the design of the new batmobile but LEGO version still looking rough...

Can that Bat symbol on its hood at least be printed? Please?

Rootbeer

Banned
I guess I'm the weird one... That set is mine. I like the batmobile design.
I'm still deciding on which BvS sets to get actually... not saying I won't get it, because I can always just use the parts and buy it mostly for the minifigures.

I'm always happy to add more Batman parts to my pool.

I'm conflicted on the set, I kinda like the design of the Batmobile but I'm afraid it's gonna look too small and feel like an overpriced set.

TheFuzz

I'm conflicted on the set, I kinda like the design of the Batmobile but I'm afraid it's gonna look too small and feel like an overpriced set.

Lego is pretty terrible as far as scale Batmobiles go. The Jokerland one is the best recently and it's way too big. If anything, I want this one because it looks pretty close to scale with the modulars (which I want).

Ponn

Banned
I'm probably going to pass on all the Bat vs. Supes sets. Which is fine for my wallet. I'm cutting my Lego purchases anyways, tired of building sets and them going directly into a box or broken down for parts. I like the movie Batmobile design but this looks like more like the Bat-Buggy. It doesn't look iconic at all, plus it just screams generic set all around. I mean i've gotten used to having to get a Batman fig in every DC set but I usually get one or two other new or exclusive figs. Here you get ANOTHER Batman and two generic henchmen.

ghostmind

I'm passing on the B vs S sets as well. I'm not much of a DC guy, so I'd rather put the funds toward other themes.

The Classic TV Batcave will be an exception though.

TheFuzz

I'm passing on the B vs S sets as well. I'm not much of a DC guy, so I'd rather put the funds toward other themes.

The Classic TV Batcave will be an exception though.
Classic Bat Cave.. I cannot wait. Im a huge Batman guy, not so much all of DC. Between the Bank and the BvS sets, 1/1 will be expensive for me.

Assuming I don't dip into Ninjago or Star Wars before then....

rokkerkory

I think im getting back into the lego game this xmas. GF is gonna get me Poe's X-Wing :))))

I grew up obsessed with legos! Can't wait! Star Wars and Legos are match made in heaven!

Bigfoot

No need to go into the Dark Ages. Not buying new stuff and Dark Ages are different. You can still enjoy and play with LEGO and not buy new sets. If your are the type that only builds sets based on provided instructions, I guess they both are essentially the same.
Sounds like good advice to me. It seems from reading this thread and other Lego forums that more people are concerned about the collecting and minifigure part of Lego rather than just enjoying and building with what they already have.

teeny

I think im getting back into the lego game this xmas. GF is gonna get me Poe's X-Wing :))))

I grew up obsessed with legos! Can't wait! Star Wars and Legos are match made in heaven!

Welcome! My first set as an adult was Luke's X-Wing and it was the start of a very slippery slope, so you should have fun! ;)

Are you just interested in Star Wars or have any other sets caught your eye?

ghostmind

Those of you that are following along with the Star Wars Advent Calendar - today (the 5th) was probably the best build in the 5 years that these calendars have existed.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Those of you that are following along with the Star Wars Advent Calendar - today (the 5th) was probably the best build in the 5 years that these calendars have existed.

Agreed. This looks to be a pretty pathetic Advent Calendar, but this one was a bright spot.

This is actually my first time doing the Star Wars Advent calendar. Sounds like I missed out on an awesome one last year.

rokkerkory

Welcome! My first set as an adult was Luke's X-Wing and it was the start of a very slippery slope, so you should have fun! ;)

Are you just interested in Star Wars or have any other sets caught your eye?

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome!

I think I'll restart again with star wars sets and go from there. When I was a kid I loved the castle sets and had a few. Memoriessss :)

Congrats on the new place! And good luck with everything there and the financial situation.
Even if you aren't going to be getting as many new sets as you want to, you will still have some bricks to play around with and make things with.

As others said, welcome! It is always great to see new people show up in here. As I warn everyone, we are a friendly bunch in here, but also a bunch of filthy enablers. :)

teeny

The sand crawler was amazing, it seemed so much bigger than the usual advent builds. I'm actually really happy with the calendar's micro builds so far. It's the special minifigs I'm disappointed with.

Hi there! Thanks for the welcome!

I think I'll restart again with star wars sets and go from there. When I was a kid I loved the castle sets and had a few. Memoriessss :)

Star Wars is a good theme because there is something for every budget. And, well, it's Star Wars. Enjoy! :)

I had some castle stuff as a kid, I would love to see it modernised with the various new building techniques. I suppose it's out of the question now with Nexo Knights.

The sand crawler was amazing, it seemed so much bigger than the usual advent builds. I'm actually really happy with the calendar's micro builds so far. It's the special minifigs I'm disappointed with.

Star Wars is a good theme because there is something for every budget. And, well, it's Star Wars. Enjoy! :)

I had some castle stuff as a kid, I would love to see it modernised with the various new building techniques. I suppose it's out of the question now with Nexo Knights.

Well, there were a couple Castle sets a few years back that had some decent builds... I especially remember King's Carriage and Joust i believe to be pretty cool.

Osahi

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'm not a moc-type AFOL, so for some of you I am allready in the Dark Ages. I build sets for how they look (and enjoy the builds!) and to display them. I do regularly change up 'scenes' in my displays. Especially my modular street has some serious soap opera vibes from time to time.

I'll definitely get some new sets from time to time. We might still save for the bank for instance, it's just that we won't get it on day 1.

Thanks guys for the kind words. I'm not a moc-type AFOL, so for some of you I am allready in the Dark Ages. I build sets for how they look (and enjoy the builds!) and to display them. I do regularly change up 'scenes' in my displays. Especially my modular street has some serious soap opera vibes from time to time.

I'll definitely get some new sets from time to time. We might still save for the bank for instance, it's just that we won't get it on day 1.

Eh day 1 is overrated anyway. I much rather wait for good deals and get soon to be OOP sets or even find little gems on swap meets etc. A good set is a good set, no matter when you get it, Lego is timeless!

teeny

Well, there were a couple Castle sets a few years back that had some decent builds... I especially remember King's Carriage and Joust i believe to be pretty cool.

I'll have to check those out, I havent really been out of the dark ages that long. Though I got obsessed quickly!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I just finished Morro Dragon (nothing to say about it that hasn't already been said - it's amazing) and started Wu's Dragon.
The little cart build that comes with Wu's Dragon is super cool! For a little build that pretty much only exists to add a play feature to the set, it looks fantastic and was a neat build.
I always love it when the side builds surprise me.

I went shopping today for our niece and nephew and got a few poly-bags from TRU and Target. The poly-bags are really expensive (especially when you have TRU jack up the price of their poly to 5.99) but I really like them. They are like little treat (or hit) to keep you going and not buying up all the UCS stuffs.

PAQEfMrl.jpg

Love the new C3PO for the Force Awakens. LEGO really going all out on the mini-figs with arm and legs printings.

boltz

Hi guys, I've been lurking this thread for a while, but am jumping in now since I made my first major lego purchase in years (have been collecting Halo Mega Bloks recently) - I bought a full set of Minecraft Micro worlds. Really love the micro sets and am thinking about getting the Bricktober ones.

I also really want the micro town that was released as a VIP set, but I'm not quite crazy enough to pay double for it on eBay. Is there any other way to find one for a reasonable price?

Hi guys, I've been lurking this thread for a while, but am jumping in now since I made my first major lego purchase in years (have been collecting Halo Mega Bloks recently) - I bought a full set of Minecraft Micro worlds. Really love the micro sets and am thinking about getting the Bricktober ones.

I also really want the micro town that was released as a VIP set, but I'm not quite crazy enough to pay double for it on eBay. Is there any other way to find one for a reasonable price?
Welcome to the thread!

As for Mini Modulars, look up the parts list on Brickset then use Bricklink for the parts. Only one piece is exclusive to it as far as I know ( cafe sign ), but the rest are extremely common. You could probably get it for close to original price doing that.

Toxi

Banned
Here are all the 2016 Toa combined with their creature counterparts.

23162561240_ddd41a07c5_b.jpg

I've warmed up on Gali. The addition of the fish tail and the gattling guns is very natural. Biggest complaint looking at the lineup is one of my usual gripes: Too much silver and gold, not enough of their own elemental colors.

Jan 1st from my understanding.

Also:

Onua Nuva 2016 review
Not a fan of Onua's less distinct profile, but everything else about the set is amazing. Love how his hammer can just swivel the head around to change function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom