• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Do we know for sure what is coming out on Jan. 1st? I mean we know Ghostbusters HQ and the Bank but what about all these other sets and figs leaking. The new Avengers sets and the new CMF's?

Ponn

Banned
Both "yes" to January 1st (at least in North America).

Thanks, I forgot about Nexo Knights too. Im only wanting that Infernox set because lava mech. I might get the knight mech set on sale. Im going to have to hold off on avenjet but those sets usually go on sale and im expecting it to be overpriced because of the big fig anyways.

Here are all the 2016 Toa combined with their creature counterparts.

23162561240_ddd41a07c5_b.jpg

I've warmed up on Gali. The addition of the fish tail and the gattling guns is very natural. Biggest complaint looking at the lineup is one of my usual gripes: Too much silver and gold, not enough of their own elemental colors.

Not a fan of Onua's less distinct profile, but everything else about the set is amazing. Love how his hammer can just swivel the head around to change function.

I'm probably just going to get Tahu, Kopaka and Umarak. Maybe Lewa. The rest look kind of iffy. I'll probably get all the creatures though, its really cool how they all have unique functions and are more technic than CCBS.

Gotta say, Lego customer service is pretty solid. I ordered the City Water Plane Chase set on Brick Friday, but when I received my order it was not in the box. I emailed Lego and they refunded me the cost of the set because it is no longer in stock, plus gave me 200 free VIP points for my trouble. Not bad.

Why is Batman light gray in these pics but black in the official set image?
Aren't they two different costumes? The black suit is his normal suit (with the new cowl mould) and the light grey one is his armored suit from the first BvS trailer, hence why they used the old cowl mould (to make it look more like a full helmet).

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding - the only official set picture I've seen of the BvS sets is the Batmobile and that has him in the normal black suit.

My first visit to the Lego Store was pretty great. Gawked at all the huge, expensive sets (and the fact that I own a bunch of them). Bought Doctor Who and presents for a gift exchange. Filled a big cup with a bunch of 4x3 windows and tons of 1x1 round plates. Got into a DW discussion with a Whovian employee. Got a calendar and the gingerbread house.

I'll make my way there every time I'm in Stockholm.

My only problem now is getting all this stuff (plus other shopping) on the plane back home. There was a Disney store there too, and the combined franchise power of that place is staggering. Bought an EVE shaped mug.

Based on the trailer, I wonder if WW will be given a sword/shield combo? It would be odd to leave out the magic lasso, but probably thematically better for what we have seen of her so far.

Ponn

Banned
Morro Dragon bought! Kmart has some great deals this week and he can be had for under $50 out the door.

Buy two!

Those BvsS figs are good it's just the damn sets. Well I take that back, I think I will be getting that one cheap set for the Bat Signal build. That's going to come in handy with my modular street.

marq_roq

Neo Member
Hey everyone! Been lurking this thread for awhile. I only had the great Ecto-1 set until today. Finally fulfilled a dream and got the Death Star set today. The TFA Falcon is coming for XMas.

I'm totally addicted at this point. My get list for 2016 looks like:
GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Hopefully I can survive my wife finding out ;)

Doctor Who arrived today. I shall build it, then spend the next day compiling my top sets for a list since the new Creator sets are technically 2016 sets.

TheFuzz

Sign up for shop your way rewards and look for coupons on the app. It's marked down to $49.99 and with a 10% off coupon it was $45.

Looks like there isn't one around me but their site has it for $56.99.... May have to bite. Even if I don't go full-Ninjago, a giant dragon attacking my modular city would be worth it.

Right?

Hey everyone! Been lurking this thread for awhile. I only had the great Ecto-1 set until today. Finally fulfilled a dream and got the Death Star set today. The TFA Falcon is coming for XMas.

GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Nice choices. It'll be hard to hide those big boxes! Just have her help with building. Mixer converted my wife when we built it together.

GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Welcome! And get Ewok Village ASAP before it disappears. Godly set.

ghostmind

GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Ewok Village, Mos Eisley, and Mixer should be your priorities, as they will likely be going OOP first.

GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Welcome to your doom. You don't mess around. Got a lot of high price items on that list. You will survive your wife finding out. It's the relationship and how much pain you will have to endure that you need to worry about.

Time to start a new OT thread. LEGO Help Group / LEGO Anonymous.
"Hi, my name is Bentbricks. I have been collecting and building LEGO for 3 years...I mostly build alone."

Welcome to your doom. You don't mess around. Got a lot of high price items on that list. You will survive your wife finding out. It's the relationship and how much pain you will have to endure that you need to worry about.

Time to start a new OT thread. LEGO Help Group / LEGO Anonymous.
"Hi, my name is Bentbricks. I have been collecting and building LEGO for 3 years...I mostly build alone."

Hi, my name is not actually fredrancour, but I've been collecting lego for 3.5 years as an adult, and I have a problem:

I don't have enough of them yet.

marq_roq

Neo Member
Ewok Village, Mos Eisley, and Mixer should be your priorities, as they will likely be going OOP first.
Thanks! This was my next question. I assumed the Death Star was my 1st priority because it seemed to be retired but then brought back. Will definitely make those 3 priority.

boltz

Welcome to the thread!

As for Mini Modulars, look up the parts list on Brickset then use Bricklink for the parts. Only one piece is exclusive to it as far as I know ( cafe sign ), but the rest are extremely common. You could probably get it for close to original price doing that.

Thanks! Also, is Bricklink the best place for folks to sell their old sets? I also have some old sets I'm thinking of selling to fund new ones :)

GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Welcome - my list would be pretty similar to yours if I had one. Fortunately, I found the micro building sets and have limited myself to those for now. And if you can hide all that stuff from your wife, you are good :p

Ponn

Banned
So I put together the Gingerbread House last night and one of my Holiday Trains tonight and they are both just fantastic sets that will get people in the Christmas spirit. I have an extra Holiday Train that i'm planning out on how to connect to the first to make a bigger one. These are fairly good sized sets and both fit right into a Winter Village collection. It's amazing when finished with both of them to think they were both free. They don't have minifigs but they were both better than the $10 seasonal sets this year.

boltz

Quick question for the folks who get their stuff from S@H (why is that acronym used, isn't it just Lego Shop?) - does your stuff always come in pristine condition? Or is shipping damage something to worry about from them?

With Amazon and TRU shipping, I've mostly had good luck with them, but I've gotten the occasional beat up box.

Quick question for the folks who get their stuff from S@H (why is that acronym used, isn't it just Lego Shop?) - does your stuff always come in pristine condition? Or is shipping damage something to worry about from them?

With Amazon and TRU shipping, I've mostly had good luck with them, but I've gotten the occasional beat up box.

S@H has been gold for condition of boxes for me. Sure, sometimes it takes a bit of time for them to ship (took almost a week to get Doctor Who), but they are faster than they used to be.

it was definitely called "shop at home" at some point.

S@H has been gold for condition of boxes for me. Sure, sometimes it takes a bit of time for them to ship (took almost a week to get Doctor Who), but they are faster than they used to be.

Yup. You won't find boxes in better condition from any online retailer. They are amazingly pristine, noticeably so when you compare them to Target.com or even Amazon.

neonglow

My only problem is that sometimes, they don't use padding or air cushions. My holiday train got crushed by the giant Simpsons House box.

If you read on Brickset forums, it seems they've messed quite a bit of holiday orders. Some people actually got 2 shipments of the same thing and were missing part of their order while others got an additional set packed in like the F40 Ferrari. The seasonal help must not be well trained.

Ponn

Banned

I personally have never had a problem with anything being damaged from Lego S@H. It comes Fed Ex for me and they always hand deliver my packages to me rather than UPS just throwing it near my back door in the rain. They are usually packed with bubble bags and the bigger sets like modulars usually have boxes shaped perfect for them.

As for using the name S@H I prefer to use that rather than Lego Shop because there are alot of people that do go to physical Lego Shops and some like me who don't have one close and have to use S@H. It's good to differentiate so people know which one you are talking about. We also have a mix of international members here so sometimes promotions and availability of products need to be clarified by region to, just a heads up.

Here's how to get the Cosmic Boy minifig, via the BrickFan:

f3LYEXc.jpg

Wow, but they had a picture of the polybag? I don't mind getting it that way but I was kind of hoping they would do something like that to get a Saturn Girl fig.

If you read on Brickset forums, it seems they've messed quite a bit of holiday orders. Some people actually got 2 shipments of the same thing and were missing part of their order while others got an additional set packed in like the F40 Ferrari. The seasonal help must not be well trained.

Hey, whoever got my Water Plane Chase, give it to me!

ghostmind

I personally have never had a problem with anything being damaged from Lego S@H. It comes Fed Ex for me and they always hand deliver my packages to me rather than UPS just throwing it near my back door in the rain. They are usually packed with bubble bags and the bigger sets like modulars usually have boxes shaped perfect for them.

As for using the name S@H I prefer to use that rather than Lego Shop because there are alot of people that do go to physical Lego Shops and some like me who don't have one close and have to use S@H. It's good to differentiate so people know which one you are talking about. We also have a mix of international members here so sometimes promotions and availability of products need to be clarified by region to, just a heads up.

Wow, but they had a picture of the polybag? I don't mind getting it that way but I was kind of hoping they would do something like that to get a Saturn Girl fig.

Apparently it's going to be packaged with a polybag, rather than a plastic clamshell like previous LEGO DC videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom