• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor Who is complete. That was a very solid set, and would make a fine desk display piece. The TARDIS itself will be nice to jam into just about any MOC scene as well.

And now that 2015 sets are done, time to contemplate a top sets list.

EDIT:

I think one of the best new parts I have seen this past week are the 1x1 round piece with nipple. That is the only way to describe it. It is in the Doctor Who set as well as Winter Village Toy Shop 2.0. That piece can get some great mileage. I also love how they use the 1x1 round piece with hole to make the Dalek eye.

Rootbeer

Banned
Ack, usually when these movies with minfigs get announced they are already listed on amazon or are listed shortly after. Haven't found it yet. Please provide a link if anyone finds it later on!

3N16MA

Banned
Hey everyone! Been lurking this thread for awhile. I only had the great Ecto-1 set until today. Finally fulfilled a dream and got the Death Star set today. The TFA Falcon is coming for XMas.

I'm totally addicted at this point. My get list for 2016 looks like:
GB HQ
Sandcrawler
Mos Eisley
Death Star Duel
TFA XWing
TFA Tie
Ewok Village
Ferris Wheel
Mixer
Wall-E

Hopefully I can survive my wife finding out ;)

These guys will encourage you to buy everything. Stay strong.

marq_roq

Neo Member
To be fair, that list could and should be bigger for 2016 so it could be worse. We could add to the list.
Oh I assume there will be at least one more SW set to add. As far as the wife goes, turns out she loves Legos too (who doesn't). She wanted to help with gingerbread house but I kind of completed it before she got a chance. She asked if she could help with the Falcon...I think I'll get her the Bird set instead for XMas.

Anyone having issues with Lego shop? Trying to order wall e and dr who but when I try to checkout it keeps kicking me back to the Lego homepage...

teeny

Anyone having issues with Lego shop? Trying to order wall e and dr who but when I try to checkout it keeps kicking me back to the Lego homepage...

I always seem to have that issue along with the search not working and my wish list randomly losing items. I've tried different browsers successfully before.

Their eShop is appalling, to be frank.

The site is a joke. At busy times (when promos start) it is virtually useless. If searching ever works for me, it is always the second time I perform the search. As of late I also get kicked back to the homepage if I change a search result set from "20 items" to "view all" or frankly any other option.

It's frustrating.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished building Wu's Dragon and it is absolutely BRILLIANT!
Contrary to what people were warning me of - that it would feel lame after building the Morro Dragon - I was almost more impressed by it. Besides the fact that Wu's Dragon is smaller in size, I found it more impressive in almost every way than the Morro Dragon. The building techniques were more interesting, the aesthetic choices are even better (in my opinion, obviously, since that's subjective), and the side builds were better.
I'm not saying the Morro Dragon isn't brilliant, because it is. I'm basically just saying that nobody should stop at just the Morro Dragon. Definitely pick up Wu's Dragon as well. Absolutely fantastic set.

ghostmind

ZCMly3H.jpg

Ghostbusters HQ video review: https://youtu.be/0IfdaCr1EaI

The instructions manual:
xPLlBQK.jpg

The sticker sheets:
itTgLZm.jpg

Kipp

Here's a pic of my new Ninjago Dragon shelf:

Apologies that it looks kinda messy in the photo. It doesn't look as busy and cramped in real life. Although I probably would prefer to have more room to space it out a bit more.

Also, here is a closer up picture of Morro Dragon and Wu's Dragon.
I took off the minifig seat area on each of them to give them a cleaner look. I feel like especially on Wu's Dragon the seat area really took away from the sleek look of the dragon.

Ponn

Banned
The instructions manual:
xPLlBQK.jpg

That instruction manual is huge, looks thicker than the Helicarrier's but I think the helicarriers was wider. Either way insane that these instruction books are bigger than some of my graphic novels on my shelf. I can't wait till the 1st.

Here's a pic of my new Ninjago Dragon shelf:

Apologies that it looks kinda messy in the photo. It doesn't look as busy and cramped in real life. Although I probably would prefer to have more room to space it out a bit more.

Also, here is a closer up picture of Morro Dragon and Wu's Dragon.
I took off the minifig seat area on each of them to give them a cleaner look. I feel like especially on Wu's Dragon the seat area really took away from the sleek look of the dragon.

That is looking awesome my friend, three thumbs up! Ninjago should stick around if for nothing else to give us awesome brick built dwagons.

Just finished building Wu's Dragon and it is absolutely BRILLIANT!
Contrary to what people were warning me of - that it would feel lame after building the Morro Dragon - I was almost more impressed by it. Besides the fact that Wu's Dragon is smaller in size, I found it more impressive in almost every way than the Morro Dragon. The building techniques were more interesting, the aesthetic choices are even better (in my opinion, obviously, since that's subjective), and the side builds were better.
I'm not saying the Morro Dragon isn't brilliant, because it is. I'm basically just saying that nobody should stop at just the Morro Dragon. Definitely pick up Wu's Dragon as well. Absolutely fantastic set.

What did you think about the leg positions relative to the body? I didn't like the way they stick out from the body so I bent them back so they were right up against the body. From certain angles it looks fine. The body is very narrow and the legs are quite a distance from the body. I guess that could be part of the leg, but since it's fixed perpendicular to the body it looks like "shoulders" to me.

Kipp

What did you think about the leg positions relative to the body? I didn't like the way they stick out from the body so I bent them back so they were right up against the body. From certain angles it looks fine. The body is very narrow and the legs are quite a distance from the body. I guess that could be part of the leg, but since it's fixed perpendicular to the body it looks like "shoulders" to me.

I thought it gave the dragon quite an aggressive look and I like the resulting stance. Though I must say, your solution looks quite nice as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Made Poe Dameron's X-Wing today to go with the previous OT X-Wing. Aside from the color they are much alike, but you can tell they have improved a lot on several points over the past years.

I didn't have time for the entire Doctor Who set, but I built the Tardis at least. It's very compact with all kinds of neat dark blue parts in it, and it will look awesome outside a planned dark blue building (I need to make room on the sidewalk). Like all "vehicles" it's slightly oversized for minifig/modular scale, but it should be alright.

Finally got my Lego S&H order in...mainly got it to get the gingerbread house so I may sell off some of the Super Hero sets to cover the cost

I missed getting Brainiac Attacks during the Black Friday sale on LEGO.com. Thankfully Target had it on sale for $19.99 this week. :)

EDIT: Trying to make a top list of the year. I have 15 sets pulled up on Bricklink that I can legit say that I loved. Even taking this down to 10 is going to be very, very hard. And the ranking will be even harder. #1 is an easy choice, but it is everything after that that is hard to pick.

PhoncipleBone’s Top 10 of 2015

The following are my favorite sets of 2015. As with every year, this is only reflective of what I personally bought during the year, as I am sure there are many gems out there that I missed, but these are the ones that stuck out the most to me.
There are many factors I personally consider when thinking of best sets for the year. The build itself, the final look of the set, the parts pack, and the price. Just because something is expensive doesn’t mean it is automatically amazing. There are some great builds out there for relatively low prices.
But, without further ado…

10. UCS TIE Fighter
Large and in charge. While Slave 1 may be a better build overall, I have always had a soft spot for the old school TIE Fighter design. The build is fun yet repetitive, but repetition in a build usually yields very nice looking results. This set is absolutely massive when completed, and looks glorious on display. I would expect nothing less from an UCS Star Wars set. They did the workhorse of the Imperial fleet proud with this set.

9. Avengers Quinjet City Chase
The regulars on here know that I have long been a pimp of the original Avengers Quinjet set. I think Ghostmind and I were the first two to be hard selling that set, and it is also what put Marcos Bessa on our radar for a designer to blindly follow.
While I think the OG Quinjet looks better than the new version, I think the build on the new one is better. So many play features hidden in the set, as well as one of the more impressive assortment of figures for an Avengers set. After all, this is the only way to get Vision! But there is an Avengers set that delivers even better figures, a better build, and an even better price…

8. TIE Advanced Prototype
I know what you are thinking. “Another TIE set, Phoney Bone?” Yes, another TIE set. But, unlike the UCS TIE Fighter, I have no emotional attachment to the inspiration vehicle since I never watched Rebels (I know, I should). But this is a solid, “chunky” build. Everything just feels solid and strong in this set as it comes together. There is an impressive amount of pieces crammed into such a tiny space and seemingly in all directions.

7. Hulk Buster Smash!
An early year favorite on here, and with good reason. This is the new Lex Luthor Power Armor, meaning it delivers an awesome looking mech, but also a really awesome build and a load of fantastic figures. To cap it off, it is $30 or less, which hits so many sweet spots. You get a lot of great and useful parts in the set, but also a bunch of great figures as well. One of the easiest sets to recommend to people, especially because of the price.

6. Ultra Agens Ocean HQ
This theme deserved more attention. Sure, I didn’t get them all, but every set always delivered with a fantastic and imaginative build, and some really fun figures as well. This was the cream of the crop though. A brick built hull with lots of interesting techniques, as well as loads of hidden play features throughout the entire thing. The command center/radio shack of the ship was perhaps the coolest part since you essentially had SNOT work going in every single direction before connecting it to the main hull.
It was a very, very tough call to drop this out of the top 5, but I could not in good conscious rank it above the next entry…

5. Ferris Wheel
Speaking of large and in charge…
This set is HUGE once completed. It only has the footprint of a 48x48 plate, but it looms over nearly everything around it. Absolutely massive and gorgeous when completed, it is also a fantastic parts pack that delivers the goods while coming in below the magical $.10 a brick price point.
Yes, the build gets extremely repetitive for the second half, but repetition usually yields fantastic looking results. Just slap a motor on this bad boy, and you have one stand out show piece for your collection.

4. Attack of the Morro Dragon
Menacing is the only way to describe this thing. The dark blue and pale neon color scheme is striking when on display, and the dragon itself has just enough posable sections to it to integrate into many displays and scenes (although I wish the main body were segmented for some truly freaky poses). The build is unique and lots of fun, and it also has a fantastic array of parts in great colors. Top it off with some amazing ninja figures, this set feels like it is crossing an old kung fu film with a ghost film. It was tickling all the right spots for me. Thanks, Ponn1. Thanks for starting the hype train on this set. It delivered. Big time.

3. Blue Power Jet
I can’t remember who the first person on the hype train for this set was, but they deserve all the credit. Just magnificent from beginning to end. So many cool techniques to the build, and SNOT going in almost every direction. And the wings. My god, the wings. Once those came together, it sealed this set’s place in the best of the year. Something so stupidly simple, but incredibly effective.
The regular Creator line usually delivers the best bang for the buck, but this one went above and beyond. Just absolutely wonderful stuff in here.

2. Detective’s Office
A Jamie Berard modular being one of the best sets of the year? Shocking!
I think we all know what to expect from a Jamie modular at this point. Lots of awesome and useful pieces, some great building techniques, and a very cool display piece. I don’t think much else needs to be said about this set. I think most on here were already convinced to get it just because it is a modular. But, I will say that the water tower section has to be the most surprising and awesome build for me in the last couple of years. The way it comes together, and using parts I have had for a couple of decades, was so eye opening and amazing. Even if the rest of the build sucked (which it doesn’t), the water tower alone would get this near the top of the list.
But, for me, it is two years in a row with a Jamie modular playing second fiddle to something else…

1. Temple of Airjitzu
Beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful. Combining a classical Japanese architecture look with just enough play features, this set brings honor to its ancestors. While the build doesn’t offer as many cool techniques as Detective Office or Blue Power Jet, it is still solid and fun, but also one magnificent display piece. It is so easy and fun to stage mock ninja battles all over it, and the set has no shortage of ninjas.
Top it off with a lot of cool and solid interactive features, and you have one joyous set. I was just filled with glee almost the entire time I built it. It is absolutely everything I thought I ever wanted from the Ninjago theme over all these years. Classical Japanese architecture and a kung fu flick brought to life, with just enough fun touches to it. Now I need a spooky, ghost like equivalent to scratch the itch that Morro Dragon began. Perhaps a ghost samurai temple? That would be amazing.
This is my new Haunted House. When I think of a set that just screams character, this is it this year. I cannot recommend it enough.

And for the rest that I loved this year, but had to cut from the top ten (in no particular order):

And finally, a set that deserves special mention:

This is both one of the best and worst sets of the year. It was so fun to build, and looks absolutely perfect once done. I mentioned in the Temple of Airjitzu review that it screamed character. Well, this one screams it as well. It is about as close as we will ever get to the character come to life in our living rooms.
If only it didn’t have that wonky neck…
Yes, I know that there are fixes out there. Some custom (like mine), and some official. But the fixes should never have been needed. The issue with the neck was so massive and glaring, there is no excuse for it making it past QA. It is a massive, glaring oversight to an otherwise amazing set.
I still wholeheartedly recommend the set, but the fact that there was an issue in the first place immediately drops it off the best of the year list for me. If it had the fixed neck with the ball joint from the start, it would have made choosing a top 10 even harder than it already was.

God,+I+pity+Me..jpg

Kipp

My man PhoncipleBone! You definitely picked the right #1! By far my favorite set of the year. Although I'm not in as much of a position to legitimately say that since I probably didn't even buy 10 sets this year. But seriously, what an incredible set.

My man PhoncipleBone! You definitely picked the right #1! By far my favorite set of the year. Although I'm not in as much of a position to legitimately say that since I probably didn't even buy 10 sets this year. But seriously, what an incredible set.

I didn't get as many sets last year as I did this year (or any year), but even when getting only about 15 sets or so in 2014 (excluding Mixels), it was easier to make a top 5 then than it was this year. This year was just so damn strong. But the moment I saw Temple of Airjitzu pictures, it was calling to me. I am just happy that the final set far exceeded my already lofty expectations.

My #1 choice was already set before I was even finished building the set back in September. I was too head over heels in love to be convinced otherwise.

And allow me to take an opportunity to sing the praises of Mixels. Just when I think I am done getting them, they pull me back in. Glorious bang for the buck with fun and parts.

boltz

S@H has been gold for condition of boxes for me. Sure, sometimes it takes a bit of time for them to ship (took almost a week to get Doctor Who), but they are faster than they used to be.

I personally have never had a problem with anything being damaged from Lego S@H. It comes Fed Ex for me and they always hand deliver my packages to me rather than UPS just throwing it near my back door in the rain. They are usually packed with bubble bags and the bigger sets like modulars usually have boxes shaped perfect for them.

As for using the name S@H I prefer to use that rather than Lego Shop because there are alot of people that do go to physical Lego Shops and some like me who don't have one close and have to use S@H. It's good to differentiate so people know which one you are talking about. We also have a mix of international members here so sometimes promotions and availability of products need to be clarified by region to, just a heads up.

Wow, but they had a picture of the polybag? I don't mind getting it that way but I was kind of hoping they would do something like that to get a Saturn Girl fig.

Cool thanks, just another way Lego keeps its customers coming back :) If I decide to get into modulars, I'll be definitely getting them from S@H since I'm a stickler for getting my sets in perfect condition (or at least as close as possible).

Mik3F

Anyone else have orders still sitting at In Warehouse with Lego S@H UK. Been like that since Sunday, even worse is one of the items is now showing as out of stock.

I hope they allocate you sets once they hit the In Warehouse stage as these are all Xmas presents

teeny

Anyone else have orders still sitting at In Warehouse with Lego S@H UK. Been like that since Sunday, even worse is one of the items is now showing as out of stock.

I hope they allocate you sets once they hit the In Warehouse stage as these are all Xmas presents

This has happened to me a few times, I ordered Wall-E when it came back in stock in November. It very quickly went out of stock again and sat in my orders as 'In Warehouse' for about five days.

If your'e worried, contact customer services. I've had nothing but awesome experiences with their CS staff.

I approve of Ultra Agents Ocean HQ being on the list.

Just finished bag 4 of Ultra Agents Ocean HQ, I am in awe of the SNOT work and how they accomplish all the details. It's a symmetrical build, but I didn't find it boring to build the 2x sections. It's much more massive than I expected. I'm not even done with it, but I feel it is highly swoooshable or whatever the boat equivalent is. Even if Ultra Agents theme didn't get all the love it deserved, the Ultra Agents at least got the ultra cool Ocean HQ.

Highly recommend it. I think TRU is the only place that still carries it.

Mik3F

This has happened to me a few times, I ordered Wall-E when it came back in stock in November. It very quickly went out of stock again and sat in my orders as 'In Warehouse' for about five days.

If your'e worried, contact customer services. I've had nothing but awesome experiences with their CS staff.

I phoned them, wanted to make sure. The CS is spoke to said that the items have already been picked and packed and are now waiting to be shipped, if thats the case they should be on their way to me tonight

Funnily enough Wall E is part of the order but thats not the item that is now showing as being out of stock till January

Can't wait to build it, its my xmas present from my kids

teeny

I phoned them, wanted to make sure. The CS is spoke to said that the items have already been picked and packed and are now waiting to be shipped, if thats the case they should be on their way to me tonight

Funnily enough Wall E is part of the order but thats not the item that is now showing as being out of stock till January

Can't wait to build it, its my xmas present from my kids

Good stuff! I can't wait to build it too, it's my extended family not-so-Secret Santa gift
(a family tradition where you get one person a £50 gift instead of lots of people cheap stuff they don't want)
. It's painful having it in the wardrobe and not being able to build it :p

Ryuuroden

PhoncipleBone’s Top 10 of 2015

The following are my favorite sets of 2015. As with every year, this is only reflective of what I personally bought during the year, as I am sure there are many gems out there that I missed, but these are the ones that stuck out the most to me.
There are many factors I personally consider when thinking of best sets for the year. The build itself, the final look of the set, the parts pack, and the price. Just because something is expensive doesn’t mean it is automatically amazing. There are some great builds out there for relatively low prices.
But, without further ado…

10. UCS TIE Fighter
Large and in charge. While Slave 1 may be a better build overall, I have always had a soft spot for the old school TIE Fighter design. The build is fun yet repetitive, but repetition in a build usually yields very nice looking results. This set is absolutely massive when completed, and looks glorious on display. I would expect nothing less from an UCS Star Wars set. They did the workhorse of the Imperial fleet proud with this set.

9. Avengers Quinjet City Chase
The regulars on here know that I have long been a pimp of the original Avengers Quinjet set. I think Ghostmind and I were the first two to be hard selling that set, and it is also what put Marcos Bessa on our radar for a designer to blindly follow.
While I think the OG Quinjet looks better than the new version, I think the build on the new one is better. So many play features hidden in the set, as well as one of the more impressive assortment of figures for an Avengers set. After all, this is the only way to get Vision! But there is an Avengers set that delivers even better figures, a better build, and an even better price…

8. TIE Advanced Prototype
I know what you are thinking. “Another TIE set, Phoney Bone?” Yes, another TIE set. But, unlike the UCS TIE Fighter, I have no emotional attachment to the inspiration vehicle since I never watched Rebels (I know, I should). But this is a solid, “chunky” build. Everything just feels solid and strong in this set as it comes together. There is an impressive amount of pieces crammed into such a tiny space and seemingly in all directions.

7. Hulk Buster Smash!
An early year favorite on here, and with good reason. This is the new Lex Luthor Power Armor, meaning it delivers an awesome looking mech, but also a really awesome build and a load of fantastic figures. To cap it off, it is $30 or less, which hits so many sweet spots. You get a lot of great and useful parts in the set, but also a bunch of great figures as well. One of the easiest sets to recommend to people, especially because of the price.

6. Ultra Agens Ocean HQ
This theme deserved more attention. Sure, I didn’t get them all, but every set always delivered with a fantastic and imaginative build, and some really fun figures as well. This was the cream of the crop though. A brick built hull with lots of interesting techniques, as well as loads of hidden play features throughout the entire thing. The command center/radio shack of the ship was perhaps the coolest part since you essentially had SNOT work going in every single direction before connecting it to the main hull.
It was a very, very tough call to drop this out of the top 5, but I could not in good conscious rank it above the next entry…

5. Ferris Wheel
Speaking of large and in charge…
This set is HUGE once completed. It only has the footprint of a 48x48 plate, but it looms over nearly everything around it. Absolutely massive and gorgeous when completed, it is also a fantastic parts pack that delivers the goods while coming in below the magical $.10 a brick price point.
Yes, the build gets extremely repetitive for the second half, but repetition usually yields fantastic looking results. Just slap a motor on this bad boy, and you have one stand out show piece for your collection.

4. Attack of the Morro Dragon
Menacing is the only way to describe this thing. The dark blue and pale neon color scheme is striking when on display, and the dragon itself has just enough posable sections to it to integrate into many displays and scenes (although I wish the main body were segmented for some truly freaky poses). The build is unique and lots of fun, and it also has a fantastic array of parts in great colors. Top it off with some amazing ninja figures, this set feels like it is crossing an old kung fu film with a ghost film. It was tickling all the right spots for me. Thanks, Ponn1. Thanks for starting the hype train on this set. It delivered. Big time.

3. Blue Power Jet
I can’t remember who the first person on the hype train for this set was, but they deserve all the credit. Just magnificent from beginning to end. So many cool techniques to the build, and SNOT going in almost every direction. And the wings. My god, the wings. Once those came together, it sealed this set’s place in the best of the year. Something so stupidly simple, but incredibly effective.
The regular Creator line usually delivers the best bang for the buck, but this one went above and beyond. Just absolutely wonderful stuff in here.

2. Detective’s Office
A Jamie Berard modular being one of the best sets of the year? Shocking!
I think we all know what to expect from a Jamie modular at this point. Lots of awesome and useful pieces, some great building techniques, and a very cool display piece. I don’t think much else needs to be said about this set. I think most on here were already convinced to get it just because it is a modular. But, I will say that the water tower section has to be the most surprising and awesome build for me in the last couple of years. The way it comes together, and using parts I have had for a couple of decades, was so eye opening and amazing. Even if the rest of the build sucked (which it doesn’t), the water tower alone would get this near the top of the list.
But, for me, it is two years in a row with a Jamie modular playing second fiddle to something else…

1. Temple of Airjitzu
Beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful. Combining a classical Japanese architecture look with just enough play features, this set brings honor to its ancestors. While the build doesn’t offer as many cool techniques as Detective Office or Blue Power Jet, it is still solid and fun, but also one magnificent display piece. It is so easy and fun to stage mock ninja battles all over it, and the set has no shortage of ninjas.
Top it off with a lot of cool and solid interactive features, and you have one joyous set. I was just filled with glee almost the entire time I built it. It is absolutely everything I thought I ever wanted from the Ninjago theme over all these years. Classical Japanese architecture and a kung fu flick brought to life, with just enough fun touches to it. Now I need a spooky, ghost like equivalent to scratch the itch that Morro Dragon began. Perhaps a ghost samurai temple? That would be amazing.
This is my new Haunted House. When I think of a set that just screams character, this is it this year. I cannot recommend it enough.

And for the rest that I loved this year, but had to cut from the top ten (in no particular order):

And finally, a set that deserves special mention:

This is both one of the best and worst sets of the year. It was so fun to build, and looks absolutely perfect once done. I mentioned in the Temple of Airjitzu review that it screamed character. Well, this one screams it as well. It is about as close as we will ever get to the character come to life in our living rooms.
If only it didn’t have that wonky neck…
Yes, I know that there are fixes out there. Some custom (like mine), and some official. But the fixes should never have been needed. The issue with the neck was so massive and glaring, there is no excuse for it making it past QA. It is a massive, glaring oversight to an otherwise amazing set.
I still wholeheartedly recommend the set, but the fact that there was an issue in the first place immediately drops it off the best of the year list for me. If it had the fixed neck with the ball joint from the start, it would have made choosing a top 10 even harder than it already was.

God,+I+pity+Me..jpg

Nice list, I need to put mine together. I know I will have some of the same sets on mine.

Osahi

I didn't buy lots of 2015 sets this year, as I picked up older sets (and started modulars), but of what I bought this is my top 5 (includes older stuff too!)

1. Detective's Office:

So bloody good. Brilliant design. Really fun build and lots of suprising techniques. I also absolutely LOVE the story that's build into it. An absolute blast!

2. Pariasian Restaurant

Tons and tons and tons of charm. Lots of little details. And it absolutely NAILS the look. Great stuff and almost on par with the DO.

3. Wall E

Appart from the neck, there just isn't really a set that captures the look of it's inspiration better then this. Maybe not the most fun build, but I loved it.

4. Benny's Spaceship³

I love the movie, so this set was a no brainer. It was actually a trip down memory lane to the old space team. Fun figures too, and what a great play feature when it opens it's wings. (Special mention: the DD Couch, best figure pack ever)

5. The Millenium Falcon

Such an iconic ship, captured so well. I payed too much for it (should've waited a few months too get 30 euro off), but no regrets at all. It's also great on the inside, which is also a plus for me.

special mention: Rey's speeder: great little set that really captures the original model. AT-AT: not a fun build, but one of the best looking Star Wars sets I have. Poe's X-Wing: can't argue with the classix sex wing. Great look, and I love the small minibuilds added to it (the cart and ladder). Makes it cooler to display.

And I'll even mention the First Order Tie, just because it's a Tie and it looks so awesome and imposing. To pricey though.

Still have to build the winter village toy shop. Will be the last 'big' set in a looooong time.

marq_roq

Neo Member
That GB HQ review has me drooling. Cannot wait.

I did manage to scoop the Mos Eisley set last night at my local Target for $55 and ordered the Ewok Village thanks to some Amazon gift cards.

Also grabbed a classic large box for the wifey to hopefully help soften the blow.

Plus it was announced that a Legoland is being built for Spring 2017 about 20 miles away from my house in the Philly burbs!!!

ghostmind

Great list Phon! Some sets I didn't expect to see, but others I knew were going to be there.

Mine should be coming along this weekend (debating going top 10 or top 5), and there will be some... similarities.

ghostmind

Take with the requisite grains of salt, but here is a rumoured Disney CMF list:

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Minnie Mouse
3. Donald Duck and Pluto
4. Peter Pan
5. Mulan
6. Genie
7. Aladdin
8. Lilo
9. Stitch
10. Tarzan
11. Jane
12. Captain Hook
13. Jafar
14. Joy
15. Sadness
16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Minnie Mouse
3. Donald Duck and Pluto
4. Peter Pan
5. Mulan
6. Genie
7. Aladdin
8. Lilo
9. Stitch
10. Tarzan
11. Jane
12. Captain Hook
13. Jafar
14. Joy
15. Sadness
16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust

I just realized that I'm going to have to find suitably ridiculous minifigure parts to make some kingdom hearts protagonists to go with all of these disney characters, regardless off if this is accurate.

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Minnie Mouse
3. Donald Duck and Pluto
4. Peter Pan
5. Mulan
6. Genie
7. Aladdin
8. Lilo
9. Stitch
10. Tarzan
11. Jane
12. Captain Hook
13. Jafar
14. Joy
15. Sadness
16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust

*DROOL*

If true, that is a nice mix of old classic, new classic, and recent characters. The "Inside Out" ones will anchor the series and LEGO better make a TON of that CMF series. If I could find a decent discount on a box I would buy my first ever 2 boxes. One box would be either an investment or gifts.

I can imagine if those sell extremely well, there may be some future sets or at least a few more CMF Disney series.

I wil need all the Inside Out ones if they're good.

EqvOWvC.jpg

I'm not sure if these will translate well to minifig style is all. That goes for most of the figs.

Then again, Toy Story's were great, so...

I'm just joking around. I understand the concerns. If they go with molded heads for the unusually shaped heads then they will be worthy.

I wonder what they'll do for characters like Tarzan where they don't really need a specially moulded head. This older CMF is basically Tarzan. Maybe a cloth loin cloth and new hair mould with new printing?

Jungle Boy by Allen Tran, on Flickr

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Stitch would be awesome, can see myself passing on the rest unless they look awesome when they're revealed. Will be interesting to see how the silhouettes of those characters translate as they're wildly different from each other.

Rootbeer

Banned

1. Mickey Mouse
2. Minnie Mouse
3. Donald Duck and Pluto
4. Peter Pan
5. Mulan
6. Genie
7. Aladdin
8. Lilo
9. Stitch
10. Tarzan
11. Jane
12. Captain Hook
13. Jafar
14. Joy
15. Sadness
16. Anger
17. Fear
18. Disgust
not my perfect lineup but I'll take it! Sad that Goofy isn't there but what can ya do. Tarzan and Jane are weak additions IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom