• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Well nuts. I was trying to get in on that Shadows of Mordor for $25 from kmart but apparently it was a pricing error and completely borked and you had to jump on it at 3am this morning to even get it. i had $10 in rewards points that kmart apparently just gave me for shits and giggles I wanted to use on it. Oh well, i'm sure amazon will pm the shadows of mordor deal so they had Black Zero Escape for 11.99 on sale and thought what the hell, need to use this free $10 so picked that up instead for 2 bucks. Can't beat that for Zod and Lois Lane figs.

Well nuts. I was trying to get in on that Shadows of Mordor for $25 from kmart but apparently it was a pricing error and completely borked and you had to jump on it at 3am this morning to even get it. i had $10 in rewards points that kmart apparently just gave me for shits and giggles I wanted to use on it. Oh well, i'm sure amazon will pm the shadows of mordor deal so they had Black Zero Escape for 11.99 on sale and thought what the hell, need to use this free $10 so picked that up instead for 2 bucks. Can't beat that for Zod and Lois Lane figs.

Funny. I went to kmart and just price matched their website for shadows of mordor. Nothing great in the LEGO department.

Ponn

Banned
Funny. I went to kmart and just price matched their website for shadows of mordor. Nothing great in the LEGO department.

I wanted to use the $10 off i got in my email for online. Plus when it was kind of working early this morning it kept saying not in stock for local pick up so I didn't bother. My Kmart sucks. Anyways i have $15 in amazon credit waiting for them to PM $25 deal from best buy for BF so no biggie. I'm trying to be a cheap ass to maximize my Lego purchases for BF. So far its Sea Cow and now Black Zero Escape. Waiting on brickfriday deals to see if it will be Arkham or something else next.

Ryuuroden

Home One would be really hard to pull off in an UCS set. All those rounded edges...

Yeah, Exactly, it's been done but it was done on a massive scale. Much larger scale than we will see for a UCS set.

032009_home_1.jpg

032009_home_2.jpg

032009_home_4.jpg

12374395442_SPLASH.jpg

internal LED's and all, 7 foot long 35,000 pieces

12411680641_SPLASH.jpg

nearly $6,000 dollars in bricks and it probably would cost much more now.

The creator is apparently selling digital instructions for $10....yeah he did it all in Ldraw first, amazing.

ghostmind

Yeah, Exactly, it's been done but it was done on a massive scale. Much larger scale than we will see for a UCS set.

032009_home_1.jpg

032009_home_2.jpg

032009_home_4.jpg

12374395442_SPLASH.jpg

internal LED's and all, 7 foot long 35,000 pieces

12411680641_SPLASH.jpg

nearly $6,000 dollars in bricks and it probably would cost much more now.

The creator is apparently selling digital instructions for $10....yeah he did it all in Ldraw first, amazing.

qXHnTeR.jpg

Ponn

Banned
PSA apparently Best Buy has some of their BF deals up early with movies but with a catch, you have to buy two of each to get the price. So if you add two of the Lego Movie blurays to your cart they switch to 3.99 a piece and it even gives you free shipping. So hey if you don't have it yet or just want to get some cheap to give for christmas presents there you go.

Ainaurdur

PSA apparently Best Buy has some of their BF deals up early with movies but with a catch, you have to buy two of each to get the price. So if you add two of the Lego Movie blurays to your cart they switch to 3.99 a piece and it even gives you free shipping. So hey if you don't have it yet or just want to get some cheap to give for christmas presents there you go.

And... sold out.
Oh well.

Ponn

Banned
And... sold out.
Oh well.

Sorry that was me. I bought 50 copies and i'm going to streak through walmart on Black Friday handing them out yelling "Everything is Awesome!"

Ok so seriously where is the Lego Store Brick Friday announcement, need to finalize my planing and the anticipation is killing me.

Ryuuroden

Sorry that was me. I bought 50 copies and i'm going to streak through walmart on Black Friday handing them out yelling "Everything is Awesome!"

Ok so seriously where is the Lego Store Brick Friday announcement, need to finalize my planing and the anticipation is killing me.

Your going to run through walmart and do it like oprah, "everyone gets bees"

qrLEV.gif

There was a TRU "Christmas Make & Take" where you get to build a Beach Santa (I'm in Australia, so it's appropriate), but by the time I went to book a spot for my kids, it was completely booked out. :(

To make up for it, I bought them each a Lego advent calendar (the Star Wars one, and the Friends one). So, instead of getting a free little Lego Beach Santa, I spent $100 instead. How did this happen...

Your going to run through walmart and do it like oprah, "everyone gets bees"

qrLEV.gif
Oprah's little "high 5" dance at the end takes this to another level.

Rootbeer

Banned
U.S. Lego stores should already be getting some of the new Creator, City and Technic sets.

Fantastic :3

I really need to just bite the bullet and head into my local store this Thurs or Friday. I usually order online unless I can make the time, I happen to have those days off...

Rootbeer

Banned
Brown ninjas found at my TRU today. The barcode found nothing. But then I peaked over the cust service desk and saw a shrink wrapped brick of white polybags. Knew it was them. Asked them to open it, no problem.

PS that snowman polybag is in target, free with a $25 purchase. Same poly that showed up at B&N weeks ago.

Ryuuroden

PLUS it includes a brick separator!

Finally.

Those are almost as rare as CMF plates.

OMG, Inorite, reminds me of this scene;

Zatch: Something not even money can buy: the brick separators of Legowantsu.
Iggy: Brick separators? Oh yeah, seriously. That's something money can't buy. Brick separators. Once I went to a lego store and said 'Here's $100,000, can I buy a brick separator?' They said, 'NO. Money can't buy brick separators.' Gee, I guess that's why you hardly ever see any of 'em around.
[Later]
Iggy: On the third day of the expedition they came across a giant Lego wall. Unfortunately, they could not break it down, for as we know, money can't buy brick separators. Walking around the wall, they continued on the shores of Patusan.
Zatch: Is there no way we can shut this chattering monkey up?
Lt. Spence: You know, I would build a LEGO wall around him. But, I don't have a brick separator.

Adapted from:
Surf Ninjas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom