• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

1686429-21301_Prod-blog-huge.PNG

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Birds-21301

These look so nice, not badly priced at $44.99 for 580 pieces either.

ahGUZqB.jpg

I added in some more things to my pre-Palace Cinema/Detective's Office layout. I found that the Quinjet is excellently balanced just on two pillars/mast pieces inserted under the wings and connected to two 2x2 spots on the roof. As long as I don't start tilting it around, it should stay there.

The plan next is to make a street in front, but that will take a bunch of 16x32 baseplates and a TON of minifig stands.

ahGUZqB.jpg

I added in some more things to my pre-Palace Cinema/Detective's Office layout. I found that the Quinjet is excellently balanced just on two pillars/mast pieces inserted under the wings and connected to two 2x2 spots on the roof. As long as I don't start tilting it around, it should stay there.

The plan next is to make a street in front, but that will take a bunch of 16x32 baseplates and a TON of minifig stands.

Nice setup! Your MOCs fit in really nicely.

I hadn't considered minifig stands for streets (presumably with yellow tiles along the studs?)...that's a good idea.

PLUS it includes a brick separator!

Finally.

Those are almost as rare as CMF plates.

I wasn't being facetious. :) That's a great price for basic blocks to add to Minecraft sets. They don't sell that in the States according to Brickset. Conversion from Euros puts the set MSRP price around $75.

ahGUZqB.jpg

Nice. What are you going to do when future modulars come out?

1686429-21301_Prod-blog-huge.PNG

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Birds-21301

These look so nice, not badly priced at $44.99 for 580 pieces either.

I'm glad another non-IP LEGO Ideas set made the cut. I know there are a lot that aren't interested in that set, but I think it will appeal to enough people to buy it. The set look s like a great display piece.

The stands are awesome. Is that the first time the tail tip and tail neck have been in green? The part used for the flower.

Nice. What are you going to do when future modulars come out?

Once I get the shelf extensions I can fit one more. But I'll probably need to start prioritizing pretty soon. Market Street would be the first to go. At first, it will go back to the arrangement I had before, but I'll probably sell it off.

Not hugely impressed but I like the Birds set. I thought highly of the Lego Creator animal sets so these kinda appeal to me. Would like to see more like it. Also good to see non IP stuff too, I prefer when people really use their imaginations to create something good instead of relying on another IP.

Ravek

Banned
Hot Dog Mascot should be super easy feels wise.

Additionally, i now want a minifig with a question mark printed on its face.

ghostmind

I'm a little bit worried about a price increase in Europe. In France at least, CMF up to series 12 where 2,49€ apiece. That poster says 2,99€. I suspect it was the same for Germany. If that's the case... not cool.

The previous price in Germany was also 2,49€.

Did the Europe price get increased as of the Simpsons CMF? It was increased in North America as of that series.

EDIT: Just noticed that the Galaxy Trooper is wearing the Galaxy Squad insignia!

vOGcakN.jpg

Zerojul

The previous price in Germany was also 2,49€.

Did the Europe price get increased as of the Simpsons CMF? It was increased in North America as of that series.

Nope, Simpsons and series 12 where still 2,49. Oh well, it was bound to happen. I just hoped we could have dodged the bullet for a while longer.

Hot dog guy is a must get! I'm also loving the following:

Burger King King
Ming the Merciless
Mulan
Wreck it Ralph in Hero's Duty Outfit

That's what those figures remind me of. lol

On a side note, does anyone know if Black Friday is double VIP or did I just screw myself by not placing my order this past Saturday?

Rootbeer

Banned
I'll definitely be getting the whole series, plus multiples. But the price better not increase from $3.99 for a good long while. It's already borderline offensive.

Maybe target or another retailer will sell them for $2.99 again.

Paleontologist has a fossil!

sP2K11R.jpg

My fiance's daughter is going to want this one badly. I might pick it up for her since she wants to be a paleontologist.

There's alot of figures I want in this series... Looks like Lego is really digiing into their existing molds and finding great uses for them.

Loving the new Galaxy Squad armor mold. Also the new King has been long overdue. Been waiting a King in this style for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom