• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fowler

76029 Iron vs Ultron – 90 pieces (Iron man, Ultron)
76030 Hydra Avengers Showdown – 220 pieces (Thor, Hawkeye)
76031 The Hulkbuster Smash – 248 pieces (Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow)
76032 Avengers Quinjet City Chase – 722 pieces (Captain America)
76038 Attack on Avengers Tower – 511 pieces (Iron Man, Thor, Ultron)

There is also 76041 Avengers Fortress, which may be a retailer exclusive.

Note that the minifig list for each set is incomplete.

Really glad that Ultron is in the cheapest set, since I already have all of the Avengers! Also need to get the Hulkbuster...

Everything is not so awesome at S@H LEGO website for U.S. Seems like it can't handle the traffic or something:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.​

I'm looking to get Minecraft sets and maybe pick up some exclusive stuff. Sales aren't the main attraction for me. Just VIP double points and Minecraft sets.

EDIT: Ooops. No double VIP points. :(

Experien

Everything is not so awesome at S@H LEGO website for U.S. Seems like it can't handle the traffic or something:

503 Service Unavailable

I'm looking to get Minecraft sets and maybe pick up some exclusive stuff. Sales aren't the main attraction for me. Just VIP double points and Minecraft sets.

We'll at least VIP is up for a couple days?

Ponn

Banned

503 Service Unavailable

What sales?

ghostmind

S@H has really seemed to be held together by duct tape and chicken wire lately.

LEGO needs to hire a more competent IT/IS department, or perhaps just give them a better budget.

Ponn

Banned
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140547754&postcount=2082

EDIT: Until the S@H website is fixed, apparently no sales. :)

Sorry i was being sarcastic at the shitty sales they are having. I know EU is usually priced higher so they deserve the discounts they are getting but still it sucks. Only reason i'm up is cause i have a stomach flu with horrible cramps and can't sleep anyways. I'm trying to decide between X-men Blackbird or Hulk Lab Smash to use my VIP points on and if I really want to add some filler TMNT set or keychain for flashback Shredder or not. I don't think i'm going to collect anymore Turtle sets so i'm figuring why bother.

Ainaurdur

So just browsing the S@H, didn't actually plan to buy anything since I got all I really needed last weekend, and I notice that some people are going to be disappointed.

The Brick Friday deals only seem to be the promo set with orders over $99 and the smallish selection of items on sale. No double VIP points. Some of the sale prices are decent enough but only if you wanted those particular sets.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Been dying for the Galactic Titan, but I can't spend $86 on it right now. ;__;

I ordered a joker and turtle keychain to get flashback shredder and jor-el. Time for bed.

Good call on the keychains. I got the Joker one as well. I can always remove the keychain part. I wasn't interested in any of the Turtle keychains so I opted for the cheapest TMNT set which is a nice parts pack.

No double VIP points which I guess is the same as last year. I just forgot. The Flashback Shredder and Jor-El freebies do make up for it though.

I'm looking at some of the items they still have in stock and somehow I feel we'll see some good LEGO store clearance sales at end of they year and start of new year. LEGO just has too much lined up in 2015 to keep lots of inventory IMO.

Who knows, maybe everyone is giving LEGO sets out for XMas and they'll sell out of a lot of the older sets.

IHaveIce

Banned
76029 Iron vs Ultron – 90 pieces (Iron man, Ultron)
76030 Hydra Avengers Showdown – 220 pieces (Thor, Hawkeye)
76031 The Hulkbuster Smash – 248 pieces (Hulk, Iron Man, Black Widow)
76032 Avengers Quinjet City Chase – 722 pieces (Captain America)
76038 Attack on Avengers Tower – 511 pieces (Iron Man, Thor, Ultron)

There is also 76041 Avengers Fortress, which may be a retailer exclusive.

Note that the minifig list for each set is incomplete.
Only movie sets for next year?
hope there will be some sets like hulk smash lab and the xmen one

LaNaranja

Is the Rocket Raccoon with Baby Groot still being sold at Toys R Us? If so what is the price on it? It is $10 on ebay at the cheapest right now (almost $1 per brick -_-) and I am wondering if I should just jump on it before it jumps in price or if I should take my chances looking for it in the store.

I think I paid 5-6 bucks...maybe for two each at TRU. I could check if my local one has it but probably not for several days at least. Already traded my one extra with a LegoGaf member.

Ponn

Banned
Final week leading to Black Friday and Brick Friday haul

Tower of Orthanc
Sea Cow (just arrived today and the box is impressive)
Black Zero Escape
Joker Steamroller
Xmen Blackbird/Sentinel
TMNT Karai Bike Escape
2 x Winter Skating sets
2 x Rocket Racoon Polybags
Witch King Battle
Spikel Mixel tribe
Flashback Shredder
Jor-el fig

Not bad, thank you insurance company for finally paying me!!

Final week leading to Black Friday and Brick Friday haul

Tower of Orthanc
Sea Cow (just arrived today and the box is impressive)
Black Zero Escape
Joker Steamroller
Xmen Blackbird/Sentinel
TMNT Karai Bike Escape
2 x Winter Skating sets
2 x Rocket Racoon Polybags
Witch King Battle
Spikel Mixel tribe
Flashback Shredder
Jor-el fig

Not bad, thank you insurance company for finally paying me!!

Wow, that's a great haul. Nicely done.

I'm thinking of putting all LEGO purchases on hold until I've fully sorted the pieces from my disassembled sets. I've made great progress on it over the last few weeks but I want to avoid "adding to the pile".

That having been said, my wishlist of current sets is pretty small and I'm worried I'll buckle and get each of them before the new year:

mwj570o.jpg

ghostmind

Regarding the LEGO aspect, since this is LEGO-GAF, the next 6 years of Star Wars will give us at least a decade worth of sets to look forward to. With one movie per year, there is no way they are going to be able to keep up with the goldmine of vehicles, locations and characters. Not to mention other SW projects, such as Rebels.

We are about to enter the golden age, my friends.

Ravek

Banned
Regarding the LEGO aspect, since this is LEGO-GAF, the next 6 years of Star Wars will give us at least a decade worth of sets to look forward to. With one movie per year, there is no way they are going to be able to keep up with the goldmine of vehicles, locations and characters. Not to mention other SW projects, such as Rebels.

We are about to enter the golden age, my friends.

The Golden Age of Empty Bank Accounts. I await thee.

Rootbeer

Banned
I need Winter Set 2 of 2 but i really don't feel like placing a $99 order today -__-

Maybe I'll just skip this one... I think Set 1 is better anyway

kitzkozan

incredible Falcon shot. Love the new X-Wing, stupid lightsaber but who cares

It just goes to show a lack of attention to details (this will be an heavier lightsaber weapon with no benefits whatsoever since another lightsaber blade could easily cut the metal made guard and the hand / fingers lol), but I don't expect all that much from Abrams and his team. If you accept his limits and that we will be getting acceptable popcorn flicks, where's the problem? :p

Most of you will be talking about and buying the numerous Lego models from this new trilogy anyway (which will probably be more interesting than the movies themselves). ;)

Ponn

Banned
I need Winter Set 2 of 2 but i really don't feel like placing a $99 order today -__-

Maybe I'll just skip this one... I think Set 1 is better anyway

I'm going to have an extra one. Let me know if you don't get one and we can work a trade or let me have first dibs on AWD or something.

Ravek

Banned
It just goes to show a lack of attention to details (this will be an heavier lightsaber weapon with no benefits whatsoever since another lightsaber blade could easily cut the metal made guard and the hand / fingers lol), but I don't expect all that much from Abrams and his team. If you accept his limits and that we will be getting acceptable popcorn flicks, where's the problem? :p

Most of you will be talking about and buying the numerous Lego models from this new trilogy anyway (which will probably be more interesting than the movies themselves). ;)

Whoa dude. This is not thread for bashing the new SW brief trailer. Do not bring that mess here.

Ravek

Banned
Amazon Prices:

Bennys Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! $80.00, normally $99.99.

LEGO Ninja Turtles 79117 Turtle Lair Invasion Building Set
$81.93, normally $99.99

LEGO Super Heroes Daily Bugle Showdown 76005
$39.23, normally $49.99

Coast Guard Patrol
$60.96, normally $79.99.
It is 449 pieces, but the the bottom ship mould jacks the price up.

On mobile or I'd post links.

Ryuuroden

Well, I expect more from Abrams than I do from Lucas who likes to destroy whats good with his stuff. The best decision Lucas ever made after handing direction for Empire Strikes Back to someone else was his decision to sell and step back from the franchise.

EDIT: But yeah what Ravek said, this is LEGOGAF, lets not thread derail please.

EDIT 2: On the lightsaber side of things, it would work if there was no metal guard or even better, a metal guard right below a full lightsaber guard. If there was no metal to cut it would be pretty effective and the metal guard below it would additionally protect the users hand from accidental self cutting. I would kind of enjoy a rapier type lightsaber style or a broadsword type. A 2 handed broadsword type with a massive blade would really fit my vision of some bad guys wanting brawn over finesse. I always view the darkside as something that twists or warps the original "light" so doing something like this is effective to me, it just needs to be done better. By twisting, I mean they have a misguided vision that by adding blades and such it makes them better. If you view it this way then that blade is actually a decent idea just poorly executed.

Edit 3: looking at the length of the lightsaber blade, that is definitely 2 hand sword length or longer, thing looks massive. I foresee a new trans-color lego brick bar piece

ghostmind

Well, I expect more from Abrams than I do from Lucas who likes to destroy whats good with his stuff. The best decision Lucas ever made after handing direction for Empire Strikes Back to someone else was his decision to sell and step back from the franchise.

EDIT: But yeah what Ravek said, this is LEGOGAF, lets not thread derail please.

EDIT 2: On the lightsaber side of things, it would work if there was no metal guard or even better, a metal guard right below a full lightsaber guard. If there was no metal to cut it would be pretty effective and the metal guard below it would additionally protect the users hand from accidental self cutting. I would kind of enjoy a rapier type lightsaber style or a broadsword type. A 2 handed broadsword type with a massive blade would really fit my vision of some bad guys wanting brawn over finesse. I always view the darkside as something that twists or warps the original "light" so doing something like this is effective to me, it just needs to be done better. By twisting, I mean they have a misguided vision that by adding blades and such it makes them better. If you view it this way then that blade is actually a decent idea just poorly executed.

Edit 3: looking at the length of the lightsaber blade, that is definitely 2 hand sword length or longer, thing looks massive. I foresee a new trans-color lego brick bar piece

They created a new mould for the Inquisitor's lightsaber hilt - they will definitely do one(s) for the new movie. And yes, and extra-long blade looks to be necessary as well. Not sure if they already produce that part or not.

We best be getting another giant UCS Falcon.

I am betting on it, but I think it will come later than sooner. They will have two choices for the version: The Force Awakens" or the solo "Han Solo origins" movie. I don't think it will be the OT version. I'm thinking sometime in the next 3 years closer to 2-3 years.

Got back from Brick 2014.

Must say it was less crowdd than I htought it was going to be. got there 10 minutes before opening and it only took 2 minutes to get in once the gates were open. Need to upload photos but some choice shots are below.

Also a pic of my haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom