• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Just got on to rebrickable to add more loose bricks i've ordered from bricklink. There is a very very nice update they made. Much easier access to a breakdown of all the parts I have divided into the colors they are in split between my set totals and the bricks I have bought separately.

Is this new? Sadly not in english (yet?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3hAc13LktQ

It's not new but another video went up today on Bionicle.com that's new that has to do with the arrival of the Toa.

Been keeping close tabs on Bionicle 2015 news.

Was actually looking through my large Bionicle collection last night. I forgot how much I loved the Bohrok. I think their ball pod forms still stand out in my head. I do hope they do something similar with the new Bionicle.

That Star Wars trailer is amazing and I just know I'm going to be buying all the Lego sets from it.

New Stormtroopers, Boyega Stormtrooper, That cute little robot, new X-Wing, new Falcon with the rectangular dish.

I better let my wife know, so she has a chance to get out of the marriage now, before I make us go bankrupt.

Ravek

Banned
That Star Wars trailer is amazing and I just know I'm going to be buying all the Lego sets from it.

New Stormtroopers, Boyega Stormtrooper, That cute little robot, new X-Wing, new Falcon with the rectangular dish.

I better let my wife know, so she has a chance to get out of the marriage now, before I make us go bankrupt.

Use the force and make her love Star Wars and LEGO equally.

Ravek

Banned
Anyone else hoping for a completely new Captain America minfig next year? Beside Spider-Man, he is the most disappointing Marvel minfig IMO.

Experien

Trailer for The Force Awakens was cool but not Star Wars...will see how things shape up later.

Anyone build the special set? Is it any good?

Zerojul

I for one loved the teaser and can't wait for potential Lego sets. I want a minifig of that soccer ball droid. December can't come soon enough.
With SW and Avengers in the same year, it's a great time for Lego lovers :)
Anyone build the special set? Is it any good?
I think it's a fun little build, nothing exceptional, the minifigs are not exclusive or whatever, but it looks good in a winter display, and there are a few nice parts (clear tiles for exemple). Plus the snowballs are cool, better than the round pieces that usually get. I wish they included a few more of them though.
All in all I liked 40106 better but if you cant get it, I think it's a nice freebie.

Sooooo incredibly frustrated. I waited far longer than usual this year to scoop up the Star Wars advent calendar... Doesn't seem to be available anywhere other than eBay for like $70+ :(

Ugh....

Rootbeer

Banned
Sooooo incredibly frustrated. I waited far longer than usual this year to scoop up the Star Wars advent calendar... Doesn't seem to be available anywhere other than eBay for like $70+ :(

Ugh....

I had a difficult time finding them last year after Thanksgiving... some popped up close to new years. I wasn't very persistent about looking though, you may have better luck.

Try to get them before Thanksgiving next year to be safe. You can play the gambling game and hope for a clearance/discount near the end of December but there is no guarantee you'll be able to find them.

robochimp

Ugh....

My Target still had them on Monday. Have you actually checked in store or are you just relying on online inventory checkers?

Cr0wn0

I would definitely go in, I've been to two targets this week and they each had a few of the star wars calendars. The regular one is harder to find around here.

Ryuuroden

yeeesss

B3lQYgyCcAAaSaA.jpg:large

ericb!

Neo Member
I for one loved the teaser and can't wait for potential Lego sets. I want a minifig of that soccer ball droid. December can't come soon enough.

December will come when it's time for it to come. Impatience won't do you any good, so enjoy what you have now instead of worrying about what you could have in the future.

Rootbeer

Banned
Slave I and 2015 SW sets in late Dec :3 At least, that is the assumption...

I'm being sure to put the money aside :p 2015 is going to be a really big year for SW spending for me T__T easily the biggest year since 1999... which is the year where i spent a considerable chunk out of my paychecks from my first job on 3.5" Phantom Menace action figures >.<

You should have seen the look on the cashier's face when this young kid buys like 20 SW action figures in one go. My mom was with me... she was shaking her head.

It's going to be a huge LEGO SW year too, clearly. If I could ask one thing extra it would be for LEGO to release a special preview set for The Force Awakens in January (obviously too late for this, but...)

We got similar sets for The Hobbit films... but that was a special circumstance since they changed it from 2 films to 3 while LEGO was in the process of getting them on shelves, heh.

EVEN SO! Imagine if we got a LEGO set of Daisy Ridley's desert bike or something cool like that? Oh well.

R-User!

December will come when it's time for it to come. Impatience won't do you any good, so enjoy what you have now instead of worrying about what you could have in the future.

I lolled.

But what about Trailer 1 and Trailer 2 before the film comes out!?!

Rootbeer

Banned
I opted to skip. Really wish it was another extension of Santa's Workshop like 1 of 2.

I hear you... when I saw the elves set as "1 of 2" I felt pretty sure that "2 of 2" must be another Santa's Workshop extension but it wasn't. I'm sure i'd be way more drawn to it if it were.

They could have done a Reindeer stable or something? Lots of cool possibilities.

Yeah, that second Christmas set is rather lacking. I still have one of the sets from last year, unopened lol. Probably why I haven't got either one this year.

kitzkozan

I'm ok with this xD

Lol whatever, I'm wondering if they will make a new UCS Millenium Falcon 2.0? :] I am reluctant to buy Lego SW sets since it's been there, done that imo and also quite expensive since it's licensed. Another problem is that since SW vehicles are so iconic, it's kinda counterproductive to dissemble them since you pay a higher price for the bricks / cents ratio. This is why I'm always somewhat disappointed to see a lack of attention / interest on Lego made space themes. I think it's far easier (and cheaper) to make mocs out of Galaxy Squad or classic space sets than Star Wars.

Anyway, I would be down for a new UCS MF which is minifig scale if possible. :] Heck, I might also purchase a couple of SW sets depending on the quality and design of new vehicles from the new trilogy. I might even buy a minifig with that new lightsaber just for fun. :p

Experien

Can't wait to see The Force Awakens sets.

Huh? Was there anything in the trailer that wasn't 170% Star Wars?

Not trying to start a debate here but just seeing a Millenium Falcon =/= Star Wars. It is just a ship in the universe which looks inaccurately represented in the trailer. Just seems like a trailer from someone who understands what makes a "good trailer" and not necessarily what makes Star Wars Star Wars. Aside for the unimpressive new Stormtrooper suits and M.Falcon, it could've been something for Star Trek or something else.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and planning to see it without a doubt, I'm just not liking the angle/direction from everything I heard from JJ Abrams. I'm way more excited for Rebels going on right now. Those January sets....I need them! The only one I don't want is the At-DT(?).

Not trying to start a debate here but just seeing a Millenium Falcon =/= Star Wars. It is just a ship in the universe which looks inaccurately represented in the trailer. Just seems like a trailer from someone who understands what makes a "good trailer" and not necessarily what makes Star Wars Star Wars. Aside for the unimpressive new Stormtrooper suits and M.Falcon, it could've been something for Star Trek or something else.

I'm a big Star Wars fan and planning to see it without a doubt, I'm just not liking the angle/direction from everything I heard from JJ Abrams. I'm way more excited for Rebels going on right now. Those January sets....I need them! The only one I don't want is the At-DT(?).

I'm the complete opposite. I thought the trailer was more Star Wars than any of the prequels ever were. Everything I have heard and seen out of the production team is screaming to me that they know and respect the OT. That's why I'm excited about the movie and just as excited about the Lego sets that will come from it.

I don't buy prequel Lego. Besides the movies being crap, the sets just don't have that appeal to me like most/all the OT Lego sets do. I'm excited to see what ships, scenes and characters get turn into Lego from TFA.

ghostmind

The only one I don't want is the At-DT(?).

Why not the AT-DP (All Terrain Defense Pod)? That's the only set currently with Agent Kallus (as well as two of those Imperial Combat Drivers).

I'm looking forward to it, not only for the minifigs, but also because I love the walkers.

Zerojul

Why not the AT-DP (All Terrain Defense Pod)? That's the only set currently with Agent Kallus (as well as two of those Imperial Combat Drivers).

I'm looking forward to it, not only for the minifigs, but also because I love the walkers.
Same here, AT-DP and TIE Advanced Prototype are the first I'll get from the next wave.

It's funny that the association between LEGO and Star Wars has become so strong that we're having detailed teaser trailer discussions in this thread.

That teaser has me so hyped. It has done it's job.

Same here, AT-DP and TIE Advanced Prototype are the first I'll get from the next wave.
Yup, buying both to go along with my Ghost & Phantom sets.

Well, I finished Palace Cinema with a little help from my friends. And while I initially was planning to just tear it down again and start another MOC... I like it now. The inside is dull, with pretty much nothing going on. The theatre is silly, with six seats, no way to cover up the windows, a partly obscured screen and generally very little to build. But it's like Grand Emporium that way. It's all exterior. Also, the entire corner from top to bottom is an excellent build, and the rest is pretty solid.

But the most important thing is that Palace Cinema is a natural display for tons and tons of figures. It seems weird to fill every square of other sidewalks, but having a premiere at the cinema is an excellent opportunity to just cram them in. I just need to get more 2x2 tiles with a stud to hold them. Currently the Lego Movie cast is entering the cinema, but you could obviously put a bunch of dwarves there, a bunch of SW figures, or basically any licensed them, and they fit perfectly. I just need to print more stickers and make more alternative posters.

Since I got it for 25% off, I'm very happy. It's by far the cheapest modular, and it's superior to both Market Street and Town Hall, and pretty damn close to Grand Emporium in my ranking. Well, now that I have them all, let's do a complete pre-DO list:

1) Green Grocer
2) Parisian Restaurant
3) Café Corner (after building MOC interiors)
4) Pet Shop
5) Fire Brigade
6) Grand Emporium
7) Palace Cinema
8) Town Hall
9) Market Street

It's funny that the association between LEGO and Star Wars has become so strong that we're having detailed teaser trailer discussions in this thread.

That teaser has me so hyped. It has done it's job.

Yeah, sorry about that. It's hard to keep the excitement contained, but it does relate so much to Lego when you start thinking of all the set possibilities.
Little soccer droid fig is a must.

Krilekk

Banned
Wow, LEGO S@H is faaaaast right now. Ordered a B-Wing and some christmas stuff to get set 2/2 yesterday morning. Got shipping confirmation in the afternoon and today it arrived. Normally I have to wait four to five days just for the shipping confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom