• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I walked into a shop today and they had the GE modular for $40 off. They only had one. I panicked and bought it. I guess I'll have to wait until later next year to get the Pet Shop.

Most of Galaxy Squad is on "Call to check availability" on LEGO S@H right now. Only the two best sets (in my opinion) are available and discounted right now. Sure, there were better discounts elsewhere, but the theme is about to disappear from everywhere and will only increase in price. Get it while you can.

Experien

Most of Galaxy Squad is on "Call to check availability" on LEGO S@H right now. Only the two best sets (in my opinion) are available and discounted right now. Sure, there were better discounts elsewhere, but the theme is about to disappear from everywhere and will only increase in price. Get it while you can.

Most of the mixels are out of stock, don't know if I want friend pets but they are out of stock...either people are buying a ton of these small packs or they are filler like i need.

Leaning towards either stormtrooper keychain or Mixel TORT.

It will be sad to see GS go, I got all of the blue team and I am content with that. The bug guys are just so cool though.

ghostmind

Looks like the first LEGO Movie set to be "Sold Out" is 70804 Ice Cream Machine. Looking at the sales, there will likely be several more to follow soon.

Most of the mixels are out of stock, don't know if I want friend pets but they are out of stock...either people are buying a ton of these small packs or they are filler like i need.

Leaning towards either stormtrooper keychain or Mixel TORT.

It will be sad to see GS go, I got all of the blue team and I am content with that. The bug guys are just so cool though.

For Galaxy Squad: Hive Crawler bro. Hive Crawler. The ultimate bug. And the ultimate pet torture toy.

As for cheapish sets to add to your cart that are great:

Kai's Fire Mech. Only $10 and a great little mech.

Lex Luthor Power Armor. Probably the best $20 set you can buy, and probably going to disappear VERY soon. One of the most universally praised sets here on LEGO GAF, and with good reason. It is cheap, a fun build, and comes with fantastic figures. One of those no brainer sets.

Looks like the first LEGO Movie set to be "Sold Out" is 70804 Ice Cream Machine. Looking at the sales, there will likely be several more to follow soon.

I noticed that as well. I didn't think they would last past this year. I am not really expecting the Sea Cow to last much past spring next year either. Just a gut feeling.

Ryuuroden

For Galaxy Squad: Hive Crawler bro. Hive Crawler. The ultimate bug. And the ultimate pet torture toy.

As for cheapish sets to add to your cart that are great:

Kai's Fire Mech. Only $10 and a great little mech.

Lex Luthor Power Armor. Probably the best $20 set you can buy, and probably going to disappear VERY soon. One of the most universally praised sets here on LEGO GAF, and with good reason. It is cheap, a fun build, and comes with fantastic figures. One of those no brainer sets.

I noticed that as well. I didn't think they would last past this year. I am not really expecting the Sea Cow to last much past spring next year either. Just a gut feeling.

dammit dont make me panic and order the rest of the movie sets. I would think they are such huge sellers they wouldn't want to discontinue them so soon. :/

dammit dont make me panic and order the rest of the movie sets. I would think they are such huge sellers they wouldn't want to discontinue them so soon. :/

I need most of the $30 and under sets. Well, all of them really. I think the only "smaller" movie sets I got were Flying Flusher and Metalbeard's Duel. After that it was Rescue Reinforcements and Lord Business's Evil Lair. All of those were fun, but Sea Cow was the true beast. That one I was worried about getting this year. I just had a weird feeling that it wouldn't last much more than a year. Let's see if my prediction comes true.

On a different note, I will put up a post tomorrow for voting on GAF's sets of the year.

Just keep it a posting thing in here? Make a separate thread in regular Off Topic to get more hits, but potentially add more confusion? But, making a separate thread might bring in more people to here.

And I am thinking of keeping it in price tiers like we talked about before. Four tiers ($0-$28.99, $29.99-$98.99, and $99.99+. One final all inclusive category where anything goes.) Sound good? Any other last minute suggestions?

Either way, I will still be posting a personal top 5 in here, and I am sure Ghostmind will as well. I know a few others will join that party.

Ryuuroden

I need most of the $30 and under sets. Well, all of them really. I think the only "smaller" movie sets I got were Flying Flusher and Metalbeard's Duel. After that it was Rescue Reinforcements and Lord Business's Evil Lair. All of those were fun, but Sea Cow was the true beast. That one I was worried about getting this year. I just had a weird feeling that it wouldn't last much more than a year. Let's see if my prediction comes true.

On a different note, I will put up a post tomorrow for voting on GAF's sets of the year.

Just keep it a posting thing in here? Make a separate thread in regular Off Topic to get more hits, but potentially add more confusion? But, making a separate thread might bring in more people to here.

And I am thinking of keeping it in price tiers like we talked about before. Four tiers ($0-$28.99, $29.99-$98.99, and $99.99+. One final all inclusive category where anything goes.) Sound good? Any other last minute suggestions?

Either way, I will still be posting a personal top 5 in here, and I am sure Ghostmind will as well. I know a few others will join that party.

well a new topic thread would be good I suppose. If you open it to the outside area you would probably have to add a lot of info? I don't know... seems like a lot of work, either way I'll be doing a top 5 this year as well. I actually kept up better this year and even on sets I didn't buy yet I have pretty good familiarity with.

On another note, I bought the last 4 sets from the first wave I was missing. Now all that's left is the Dropship and Construction Mech.

well a new topic thread would be good I suppose. If you open it to the outside area you would probably have to add a lot of info? I don't know... seems like a lot of work, either way I'll be doing a top 5 this year as well. I actually kept up better this year and even on sets I didn't buy yet I have pretty good familiarity with.

On another note, I bought the last 4 sets from the first wave I was missing. Now all that's left is the Dropship and Construction Mech.

Dropship is badass. Still need the Constructo Mech.

I am ashamed to say that I forgot SPACESHIP! in my above post. I have failed this city.

Rootbeer

Banned
"remember that time kingdoms joust was marked down to $95 on S@H and you almost bought it and now regret it forever? yeah..."

-me, at random moments over the next decade.

i also came close to pulling the trigger on the titan before it sold out. I own a lot of galaxy squad but not that one. now it's gone. :T

Ryuuroden

"remember that time kingdoms joust was marked down to $95 on S@H and you almost bought it and now regret it forever? yeah..."

-me, at random moments over the next decade.

It's 20% off now. The Kingdoms Joust

So, are you saying you won't pull the trigger? The Kingdoms Joust is amazing

EDIT: Also in addition to the LEGO Movie sets I just ordered, I just put in another 200 dollars worth on Bricklink. Bricklink eats away at my wallet, or more specifically, Orthanc eats my wallet.

Rootbeer

Banned
Naa, I have to pass. My brickdiction recovery is underway... I hope.

My goal is to spend less on LEGO during 2015 than I have this year. Gonna be rough.

Also... lego sure is advertising a lot on GAF these days.

neonglow

Can't decide if I want Kingdom Joust, City Cargo Train or both! I already own 1 of each but the sale is tempting.

Edit: Ended up getting a second Joust so I can make the complete castle.

Krilekk

Banned

My goal is to spend less on LEGO during 2015 than I have this year. Gonna be rough.

That's not how online advertising works. You see lots of LEGO ads because you spend a lot of time looking for LEGO. LEGO just says "hey advertising company, we have ads, show them to people who like LEGO". Everybody sees ads according to their browsing preferences.

They were 50% at Toys R Us for Reward Member this past week. I am not sure if it's still on going.

Ponn

Banned

New Year's resolution maybe? It helps to draw a hardline and stick with just one or two themes and that's it. Now that LoTR/Hobbit is done it just leaves me the Superhero line. It's been taking all my strength not to fill that other slot with Star Wars but I know if I start down that path its an endless black hole for my wallet.

Rootbeer

Banned
after acquiring a significant amount of sets throughout 2012, 13 and 14, yeah, I'm afraid there will be a reduction this coming year. I'll be getting most of the superheroes sets and about half of the star wars sets. plus a few UCS/Direct sets. There will be more, of course, but I figure it will be less than 2014. I have to start somewhere. :p It's just not sustainable for me to acquire the same amount year over year. Because I don't see myself getting a bigger place anytime soon, not with the way the prices are in San Francisco. moving further out is something I am trying to avoid at all costs too.

hcq1bPB.jpg

I just ordered two (one for a friend); thanks for the heads-up!

I went to Target by my house or and they said they don't have any of the mini-figure pack. They told me they are either gone really early or they never got any in.

I'd still say that we either need a minifig specific category or a sub-$6 category for minifigs and Mixels. There has been 27 Mixels and 48 CMF's alone this year, and while they're sometimes awesome, they can't really compete with a set like Cloud Cuckoo Land or even Witch-King Battle (which both have three AWESOME figures).

Got the Creative Ambush off S@H during the Black Friday sales. Only two I care about now are

70815: Super Secret Police Dropship
70813: Rescue Reinforcements

Dropship is an awesome looking ship, but I have all the minifigs (I just Bricklinked Johnny Thunder) from that set.

Rescue Reinforcements has Blacktron and Fabuland minifigs. It will cost me over $20 to get those minifigs on Bricklink.

I'm leaning towards Dropship and maybe Bricklinking or skipping out on the awesome Blacktron and Fabuland t-shirt minifigs. Which would you choose LEGOGAF?

I walked into a shop today and they had the GE modular for $40 off. They only had one. I panicked and bought it. I guess I'll have to wait until later next year to get the Pet Shop.

If your goal is to get all the modulars that you like, then that was a good move. Pet Shop seems to be very popular so it may hold out until next year.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
USA LEGO-GAF

Free minifigure gift set with purchase of $49 on select Super-Hero, City, Chima, or Ninjago sets. It also looks like it can be purchased for $15 on its own

Why do you need this?

hcq1bPB.jpg

These are the other figures included in this promo set - all are exclusive prints.

Does Target ship to UK, anyone know? This scratches a completionist itch when it comes to DC sets...

Oh man I need that superboy in my life. Distinct lack of love with the superhero stuff in the UK lately, no Rocket Racoon polybag, no Superboy :(

Quoting myself as it got lost as last post a couple pages back.

Got back from Brick 2014.

Also a pic of my haul.

Toys R Us had them at Brick 2014 a few days ago so there is hope they will come to these shores. They still say "only at toys r us" on the front and "Not for Resale" on the back but for £5 a piece you could get as many as you wanted so perhaps there will be no limit when they go to stores here?

Anyone who really wants one I would suggest calling TRU managers to ask. I would offer my second up to GAF but it was bought for my nephew.

Ryuuroden

Got the Creative Ambush off S@H during the Black Friday sales. Only two I care about now are

70815: Super Secret Police Dropship
70813: Rescue Reinforcements

Dropship is an awesome looking ship, but I have all the minifigs (I just Bricklinked Johnny Thunder) from that set.

Rescue Reinforcements has Blacktron and Fabuland minifigs. It will cost me over $20 to get those minifigs on Bricklink.

I'm leaning towards Dropship and maybe Bricklinking or skipping out on the awesome Blacktron and Fabuland t-shirt minifigs. Which would you choose LEGOGAF?

If your goal is to get all the modulars that you like, then that was a good move. Pet Shop seems to be very popular so it may hold out until next year.

Get both bro!~

EDIT: btw, going off the trend, I am super ready for single bonus points special vip early Black Friday next year, arnt you!? :p

EDIT: Aw crap looks like some of the older wave of Hobbit stuff is going OOP too like Dol Guldur ambush >.< Guess I got to get that now too.

Thise January promos are excellent. I'll try to get both the Creator & SW promos in one shot.

Will the winter SW sets be available at S@H on 1/1/15?

Ironmask

Managed to grab a superboy (minifig only, not the whole package) to a reasonable price. The bad about this promo is the really short period and the specific limit of only 2 per customer online.
I've recently got burned with the rocket racoon polybag, spent 30 $ in canada and now it is around 10 $. This time i was lucky enough to resell it quickly to another guy but the promo stuff is going out of hands

I'm actually not too fussed with the Pet Shop itself, but I know when it goes, I'll probably really want it. :) Detective Office I definitely want, but that can wait.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well, i already secured one on target.com, but i stopped into target just to see what I could find.

I saw little signs in the lego section advertising the exclusive 4 minifigure freebie. But no sign of it on the shelf. Got an employee, they could not find it either.

Way to go target... have like 20 signs in the lego isle advertising it as a FREE giveaway... but no idea where it is.

Well, i already secured one on target.com, but i stopped into target just to see what I could find.

I saw little signs in the lego section advertising the exclusive 4 minifigure freebie. But no sign of it on the shelf. Got an employee, they could not find it either.

Way to go target... have like 20 signs in the lego isle advertising it as a FREE giveaway... but no idea where it is.

I stop at another Target on the way home, and same as your and the other store I went to, they have sign up advertising but nobody know where the promotion merchandise are. They said it's all gone but another clerk said they never got them in.

ghostmind

Here's the latest sets with "Sold Out" status on S@H:

3315 Olivia's House
4203 Excavator Transport
7965 Millennium Falcon
70702 Warp Stinger
70704 Vermin Vaporizer
70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech
70709 Galactic Titan
70724 NinjaCopter
70806 Castle Cavalry
75003 A-wing Starfighter
75016 Homing Spider Droid
75022 Mandalorian Speeder
75039 V-wing Starfighter
850889 Castle Dragons Accessory Set

Some of the previous "Sold Out" sets are looking like they might get restocked again, but even if they do, they won't be long for this world.

Here's the latest sets with "Sold Out" status on S@H:

3315 Olivia's House
4203 Excavator Transport
7965 Millennium Falcon
70702 Warp Stinger
70704 Vermin Vaporizer
70707 CLS-89 Eradicator Mech
70709 Galactic Titan
70724 NinjaCopter
70806 Castle Cavalry
75003 A-wing Starfighter
75016 Homing Spider Droid
75022 Mandalorian Speeder
75039 V-wing Starfighter
850889 Castle Dragons Accessory Set

Some of the previous "Sold Out" sets are looking like they might get restocked again, but even if they do, they won't be long for this world.

Glad I was able to score a Friends Olivia's House for $39 a couple of week's ago during Walmart's pre-Black Friday sale.

Ryuuroden

I'll be posting my best of 2014 sets when we get to the next page, to enable some people....I mean help them with their Christmas shopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom