• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Ryuuroden's Personal Top 5 sets of 2014

1) 10243: Parisian Restaurant, 2469 pieces, 5 Minifigs, $159.99
10243-1.jpg

This set is the new modular that all other modular's will be measured against. It is the themes return to greatness. It really has it all, great exterior, intricate interior, inventive techniques, great use of color, great use of space, price-point, display-ability and heck even has play-ability. It is a great addition to any modular display and really should not be left out. It is one of the few sets that I really cannot find any faults in.

2) 70810: MetalBeard's Sea Cow, 2741 Pieces, 5 Minifigs, $249.99
70810-1.jpg

This is by far my favorite ship I have ever built from LEGO and that includes the Imperial flagship that I also own. I am a big fan of steampunk which helps but honestly this ship is not just for steampunk fans. It has a ton of detail, fun design, it displays beautifully and it really is more elegant than it seems on first glance. You may be asking, "how the heck can it beat out Imperial Flagship" for best ship ever, well, I will tell you why. For one, the build is a lot more fun to do. Secondly, the ship just outclasses the flagship for detail and makes the Imperial Flagship look plain. Please let it be know that this is coming from someone who basically wrote a thesis in college on the development of wooden ships of war in the age of cannon before the adaption of steam and iron plate. I am a huge Ship of the Line and Frigate buff and so I am actually biased toward the Imperial flagship in the first place. None of that is here or there though since this is just based on 2014 sets and this set stands in the top 5.

3) 70816: Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!, 940 pieces, 7 Minifigs, $99.99
70816-1.jpg

This set would make it to the top 10 simply because it is a throwback to classic space which many of of hold a nostalgia for. What makes it a top 5 set is that not only is it a throwback but it also modernizes the theme while keeping the look and feel off a classic space set. There are lots of visible studs and the use of yellow and blue all bring back memories of the 80's. The swoosh factor of the set is set to maximum as it is very easy to hold and has some great play ability features such as retracting wings with hidden missile launchers, detachable fighter ships and even more missiles all over the ship. It is literally armed to the teeth. This set is also a great display set and fits nicely on my shelves in the LEGO room.

4) 21108: Ghostbusters Ecto-1, 508 Pieces, 4 Minifigs, $49.99
21108-1.jpg

A set created by resident gaf member wetwired that made it through Ideas and was approved by LEGO. This set is probably the best Idea's set to come through to production to date and the improvements and changes LEGO made to wetwired's design were well done and resulted in a very polished final product. The model is overall pretty solid, uses some great techniques for some angles and includes printed parts! It has probably the most playability of all the Ideas sets to date as it is the most durable. It also can easily be intermixed with other past and future LEGO themes (Monster Fighters and future Scooby-doo possibly). Makes for a great gift to any Ghostbusters fan, and even for non Ghostbusters fans, the classic car build is very well done and offers a lot of techniques to use on your own car MOC's.

5) 10244: Fairground Mixer, 1746 pieces, 12 Minifigs, $149.99
10244-1.jpg

This set excited me a bunch as I love amusement park rides. There are 3 main things that really stood out to me in the set. The first is the fact that the Mixer is made so it can spin by way of a handle or you can even add power functions to it plus it has glow in the dark features. The second is that the Mixer and all the other carnival games and booths are fully collapsible onto 2 transport trucks which makes it a very realistic type of fair ride in my opinion and the way it was done is very cool. The third feature that really stood out to me was the number of minifigures and number of other attractions that were included in the set. This was something that did not have to be done but was and attractions such as the Dunk Tank and the Power Tower (I don't know what you call the thing that "tests" your strength) are very nice included parts to the set. Both of them also have nice ways of making them interactive and functional. The downside of the set is that it does take up a lot of space when it is fully set up and does not actually fit on any of my regular shelves. Nevertheless the build was worth it and I look forward to more sets in this line with this theme.

Honorable Mentions:

70807: Metalbeard's Duel, 412 pieces, 3 Minifigs, $34.99
70808: Super Cycle Chase, 514 pieces, 5 Minifigs, $49.99
70815: Super Secret Police Dropship, 854 pieces, 8 Minifigs, $79.99
76023: The Tumbler, 1869 Pieces, 2 Minifigs, $199.99
70162: Infearno Interception, 313 Pieces, 2 Minifigs, $29.99

Best Theme of the 2014

The LEGO Movie
250px-Thelegomovie_theme_2.png

Best theme of the year, hands down, goes to The LEGO Movie. This theme has a mix of sets oriented to the young and the old and both. It includes sets that make fantastic display pieces and sets that provide some of the best playability LEGO has had to offer this year. The reason this theme wins is its broad appeal and inclusion of original minifigures, multiple builds sets filled with crazy designs that are inventive and fun as well as highly detailed feature sets like the Sea Cow.

Honorable Mentions: Mixels, Ultra Agents

Best CMF of 2014:

71007: Series 12 Pizza Delivery Man, $3.99
71007-2.jpg

I think there a a lot of figures that could go in this spot but I had to go with a figure that will see a lot of use in what I like to do. The figure I usually buy the most of is something that will be worked into my modular city and this time that CMF was the Pizza Delivery Man. From his printed hat, to his outfit to his printed accessories, this guy was everything I wanted so I shall give him this award.

Can anyone suggest any good Lego books? I want to get a couple for my GF as part of her XMas gifts.

I did get her the Lego Neighborhood book, any other suggestions? It doesn't have to be building intensive, but could be historical as well.

We had a family advent calendar celebration tonight. Star Wars for me, Friends for the missus, and City for my 2 year old. It's challenging and fun to assemble the mini builds with no instructions.

I stop at another Target on the way home, and same as your and the other store I went to, they have sign up advertising but nobody know where the promotion merchandise are. They said it's all gone but another clerk said they never got them in.

It's likely they haven't received the shipment yet.

When Ghostmind posted the deal yesterday, the link for find at local Target was still working. There were only 2 in about a 25 mile radius that showed they had them in stock. Someone else here posted the link to check in stock. I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT:

It was Zulithe. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141111178&postcount=2325

http://m.target.com/fiats-results/t-16602309?searchInput=XXXXX

Replace the XXXXX with zipcode. I jsut ran it again and a a lot more stores show it in stock from when I checked yesterday.

So frustrated right now. I had resigned myself to not getting the 2nd bonus Xmas set as I wasn't going to be spending any money over the limit. Lo and behold I spent $111 today on Xmas presents and a large grey baseplate for my winter scene.

Of course my shop sold out yesterday of the bonus set. They always sell out. I was tempted to forgoe the in store purchase and take advantage of the free shipping online to get it, but I need one of the sets for a Christmas hamper this Friday.

At least they had the qualifying 2015 calendars which I did receive. Ha, and my wife made me leave the store and borrowed my VIP card... Later on she said the clerk tried to give her a calendar as well which means she spent at least $75 on something for me! :D

And that's a great list. I have the Sea Cow, Benny's Spaceship, Ecto 1 and the pizza delivery guy! Have only built Ecto 1 so far.

It was an odd day here, so I couldn't get an OT together for voting on favorite sets. Hopefully tomorrow or later tonight.

I will, however, knock together a top 5 list now that others have christened them this year.

Ryuuroden

It was an odd day here, so I couldn't get an OT together for voting on favorite sets. Hopefully tomorrow or later tonight.

I will, however, knock together a top 5 list now that others have christened them this year.

Yeah I decided to knock mine together sooner rather than later so people could use it if they wanted to, to help find stuff for Christmas plus theres no more 2014 sets left to come out this year so why wait.

Fowler

Think I only built 3 sets that actually qualify this year! All 3 were good, so I can do a top 3.

I might do a top 5 on minifigs, though. Got sooooooo many this year.

Phoney Bone's personal top 5 of 2014

This is just a reflection on sets that I personally bought and loved in 2014. My collection was not as big for this year compared to 2013, but I still got a bit of variety in here. Anyways, without further ado:

70810_box3_na.jpg

1. MetalBeard's Sea Cow
Just glorious from start to finish. So much detail in almost every area of the ship. A lot of great, varied techniques throughout, and also a fine parts pack for MOCing later if so inclined. The steampunk flavor only enhances the ship's appearance, which is absolutely wonderful for displaying. Even with having to mirror many sections throughout the build, it never once felt repetitive. The crowning glory to the best theme of the year.

10243_box3_na.jpg

2. Parisian Restaurant
Talk about setting the bar high on January 1st. Released on New Year's Day, almost everything after could not live up to the glory of the modular series returning to it's proper place of glory. After two lackluster years of sets, the Modular series came on strong with a unique building that was never boring, and housed so many neat details and building techniques. Detective's Office has a very high bar to clear in 2015.

70816_alt1.jpg

3. Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!

tumblr_n0qeynKbO31tre0g4o1_500.gif

I went into this set with the highest possible expectations. Space theme was a huge part of my childhood, as I am sure it was for many others on here, so a grand set celebrating the classic Space theme but done with modern building techniques was my most anticipated set this year. And boy did it deliver. Great build, maximum swooshibility, and lots of neat little touches throughout. (Dat engine core!) It even has the little probe droids like 80s Space sets used to have!

10242_box3_na.jpg

4. Mini Cooper MK VII
The successor to the T1 VW Camper Van. A solid, clean, and highly detailed show piece. Great techniques and flourishes throughout, only marred by some stickers. The perfect desk decoration and a great and unique parts pack as well. Sure, some interior details could have been better, like the steering wheel could have been smaller, but this thing just oozes charm and character.

76021_alt1.jpg

5. Milano Spaceship Rescue
AKA Quinjet 2.0. Another set I had high expectations for because it was another Marvel ship from the same designer as the Quinjet. A nice sized set, and awesome swoosh factor. I particularly love how most of the fins are posable, lending some character to it. You can make the set look passive on display, or aggressive. Add in some great mini figures and some cool building techniques, and this set is a winner. Let's hope that the new Quinjet set coming in 2015 continues the trend of Marvel ships being awesome.

Honorable mentions:
The Tumbler (it would have been top 5 if it weren't for those flimsy panels that go on at the end)
Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (WETWIRED! YAY!)
Super Secret Police Dropship

Best Theme:
250px-Thelegomovie_theme_2.png

So much variety and so much character. So many great and wonderful sets, the theme was pure creativity unleashed.

Best Minifigures:
sh101.jpg

sh100.jpg

MODOK and Taskmaster. Conveniently in the same set (Hulk Lab Smash). I was overjoyed at getting two of the more obscure Marvel villains in one set this year.

Biggest Disappointment:
21109_alt1.jpg

Exo-Suit.
Sure, we finally have green space men (and woman) now, but the suit itself was so fragile. It looks nice once done, but comes apart with a harsh stare.

Biggest Surprise:
41515-1.jpg

Mixels!
I was only interested in the first wave just to get the new ball joints. But these lil buggers quickly became something really fun and exciting to get, and were wonderful for MOCs in creating your own creatures. Cheap and easily found. The perfect storm.

Ugh, trying to decide between the parisian restaraunt and the Mini Cooper. The wheel being too big on the mini cooper will probably be the thing to sway me to get the parisian restaraunt instead.

Ugh, trying to decide between the parisian restaraunt and the Mini Cooper. The wheel being too big on the mini cooper will probably be the thing to sway me to get the parisian restaraunt instead.

The steering wheel was my only major hangup about the interior details of the car. It should have been a smaller one, then you might be able to fit a technic figure into it like you could with the VW Camper.

Both are phenomenal sets, and you should eventually get both. But between the two, Parisian Restaurant is the best.
Also keep in mind display space for sets. The Mini Cooper is nice and compact and can fit nearly anywhere. I have it on the corner of my desk and it is so unobtrusive.

I will agree on the Mixels being a very pleasant surprise. If I remember correctly, the general sentiment on LEGOGAF was lukewarm. I was on the fence, but definitely loved the new ball joints. I was a bit disappointed in the range of the ball joints though. I understand it was a compromise to keep them more compact; otherwise, they'd be sticking out too much like the larger counter parts typically used in mechs.

I have not built my exo-suit, but for me it was all about the green classic space minifig. Green Classic Space Minifig should get honorable mention for biggest surprise. :)

I have liked how each new wave of Mixels finds different ways to make joints and hinges for the jaws without always using the new ball joints, or sometimes using them in very different ways. Four little 50-75pc sets, there is a ton of variety in how they come together even if they are all making little creatures.

The steering wheel was my only major hangup about the interior details of the car. It should have been a smaller one, then you might be able to fit a technic figure into it like you could with the VW Camper.

Both are phenomenal sets, and you should eventually get both. But between the two, Parisian Restaurant is the best.
Also keep in mind display space for sets. The Mini Cooper is nice and compact and can fit nearly anywhere. I have it on the corner of my desk and it is so unobtrusive.

Yeah, thats a big problem for me. I'm running out of display space in my room. Also, im in college, so i would like to bring whatever set i get back to my dorm, and I'm definitley not going to be able to fit the parisian restaraunt in my place lol.

Oh man, Exo-Suit was a disappointment? I almost audibly squealed in delight when I learnt of its existence last week. I am pretty broke right now, but I still plan to get it when I can. Even if fragile, it looks so cool!

Exo-Suit and Benny's Spaceship are must haves for me. I looked into Galaxy Squad, but there's not much around and it's already overpriced on eBay. :(

ghostmind

Nice list Phon - I'm going to try to get mine done this weekend, as I'm pretty busy until then.

I'm a little surprised by your number one - I thought it might be in your top five, but not the top spot.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm happy that rocket and brown ninja are turning out to be a lot easier to snag than it was anticipated. the availability of polybags is often spotty. thankfully they've seen the demand (especially for rocket) and are making plenty available.

Nice list Phon - I'm going to try to get mine done this weekend, as I'm pretty busy until then.

I'm a little surprised by your number one - I thought it might be in your top five, but not the top spot.

Parisian Restaurant was just barely behind it in my head. Maybe it is the specialness of only getting one ship every few years when we get Modulars every year. But PR set a ridiculously high bar that I didn't think anything would top for me. Maybe if I had gotten Sea Cow earlier in the year when it released (and so close to PR) I would have swapped positions.

But just staring at Sea Cow on the other side of the room. Man, it is a glorious beast on display. I want to tear it down and make another steampunk ship soon.

Ryuuroden

Parisian Restaurant was just barely behind it in my head. Maybe it is the specialness of only getting one ship every few years when we get Modulars every year. But PR set a ridiculously high bar that I didn't think anything would top for me. Maybe if I had gotten Sea Cow earlier in the year when it released (and so close to PR) I would have swapped positions.

But just staring at Sea Cow on the other side of the room. Man, it is a glorious beast on display. I want to tear it down and make another steampunk ship soon.

Yeah really, even though I have Parisian Restaurant as number 1, that's only because I had to number them. Really it and Sea Cow could switch places and there would be no difference. Both are just that high of quality sets. This year has been a goldmine for good sets of all sizes and those two epitomize it, standing at the top.

There is a distinctive lack of Star Wars in both of our lists. I actually haven't gotten any SW sets this year though. AT-AT and Star Destroyer are must haves and am hoping for them for Christmas. Sandcrawler will have to wait a while.

But 2015 begins with Slave 1. Oh, is January 1st going to be a painful day.

Ryuuroden

There is a distinctive lack of Star Wars in both of our lists. I actually haven't gotten any SW sets this year though. AT-AT and Star Destroyer are must haves and am hoping for them for Christmas. Sandcrawler will have to wait a while.

But 2015 begins with Slave 1. Oh, is January 1st going to be a painful day.

I've picked up Star Wars stuff but only the small stuff. I am still behind on the UCS sets. Still need Ewok Village before I can get Sandcrawler and then Slave 1. Also I've seen so many reissues of so many OT vehicles over the years that the "neatness" of them has kind of worn off so even if I was getting them, besides the UCS sets, I doubt any of the others would have the slightest chance of making it in a top 5 list for me.

melike75

Neo Member
So I've been out of lego for most of the year due to financial reasons. In the last month however I've been selling things on eBay and that combined with the advance on a book I'm working on has allowed me to get back into the Lego groove. I'm making up for lost time with this thread as well, or rather the last one, I'm reading through OT3 and I currently up to March 2014. Good times!
Loving the top 5 lists and would love to add my own but have only just bought most of them never mind built anything yet!

Anyway thanks to all the regular participators in this thread for making it such an entertaining and informative read and I hope to be around for OT4 and beyond. Some pics of my gains over the last several weeks incoming soon!

Edit: Ok - heres a picture - the biggies in here are the sea cow, the Parisian restaurant, Palace cinema, ISD and AT-AT, Simpsons house, Opera house, Spaceship x3 and more! Very excited but dont know where to start. Also very exciting seeing 3 of my most anticipated sets being in peoples top 3's..

melike75

Neo Member
I know! I know! I dont want to get started cos its a thing of beauty and I know I'll never have this much unopened Lego again!

My wife and I are currently going through all the unmade sets and making everything to determine whether its a displayed set or pieces or to (shudder) sell...so it'll be a while before I get to the pile soon. We only have the biggies left - Imperial shuttle, fllagship, Tower bridge and Death Star. Will have to post some pics of our setup soon.

Trying to do the winter village sets at the moment but then Parisian restaurant! Or sea cow! Cant decide. Or should I save the biggies till the end? Help?

I know! I know! I dont want to get started cos its a thing of beauty and I know I'll never have this much unopened Lego again!

My wife and I are currently going through all the unmade sets and making everything to determine whether its a displayed set or pieces or to (shudder) sell...so it'll be a while before I get to the pile soon. We only have the biggies left - Imperial shuttle, fllagship, Tower bridge and Death Star. Will have to post some pics of our setup soon.

Trying to do the winter village sets at the moment but then Parisian restaurant! Or sea cow! Cant decide. Or should I save the biggies till the end? Help?

If you have too much, I'd be willing to take some off your hands. :p

melike75

Neo Member
Thanks but I'm sure the shipping would make it TOTALLY unfeasible....
(yeah, THATS the reason ;) )

But seriously though if anyone had any recommendations on where to start - do you all do the ones you know you're going to love first..or save them till last?

Ponn

Banned

But seriously though if anyone had any recommendations on where to start - do you all do the ones you know you're going to love first..or save them till last?

Open all the sets, mix all the bags. It's the only way.

Ryuuroden

Start with a glorious one and then do some small ones then another glorious one etc. Do what your heart wants you to do. You have a great selection there to chose from.

The downside of the set is that it does take up a lot of space when it is fully set up and does not actually fit on any of my regular shelves.

Nice list Ryuuroden!

Is it wrong that this is the sole reason that I'm kind of turned off by the set?

It reminds me of the Winter Village sets in that there is just so much going on it seems..."messy".

Zerojul

Ok, here's my top 5 for 2014.
Mind you, it's my first year out of the dark age so I may have a slightly different point of view on things.
I didn't have the time to build everything I got in 2014. I went from 0 to 245 sets and 963 minifigs in just this one year, and I had to build some pre-2014 stuff too.
I don't think I have enough experience with Lego to tell what sets are absolutely "the best". But I can list what I enjoyed the most. Here goes :

Number 1 : Ecto-1
Now this, this is simply my favorite thing this year. There may have been bigger and more complex stuff, but the mere fact this exists is unbelievable, and the final product didn't disappoint one bit (although I wish there was a slimer with it !). It looks as good as I hoped. And the build is nice. Buy it !

Number 2 : AT-AT
Now this is where my opinion may widely differ from the ones of Lego fans here and there. Some say previous models of the AT-AT where bigger, and that the proportions of this one are off, and that the build itself a bit tedious and other various complaints...
But I never had any other model, and the AT-AT is not only one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles, but also one of my favorite things ever. I love walkers, and this one is huge and beautiful. I think the proportions are just right and the poseability is great. And I enjoyed the build, it was the first time I had to deal with so many Technic pieces and I loved it.
It looks awesome on my shelf and it will never get off of it, except to be replaced by an hypothetical UCS AT-AT.

Number 3 : Parisian Restaurant
Everything has already been said about this one, it looks great both inside and outside. It's absolutely charming visually. After building a few others, I can say it's my favorite modular among the ones I own.

Number 4 : Sea-Cow
Simply impressive display piece and I love the "steampunk" look of it. Even if there was a lot of good/very good stuff in The Lego Movie Theme, this is the real pinnacle of it IMO.

Number 5 : Milano
Because the build is excellent, and the final result very true to its movie counterpart. Movie which I absolutely loved, so there's that, too.

Very honorable mentions
Benny's Spaceship (could have been at number 5, that was a tough call)
Police Dropship (loved this one as much as Benny's, so tough call too)
Simpson's house (first 2014 set I got to build with my GF, lots of fun to play with and nice colors, but the minifigs where a let down)

Favorite minifig
Benny. Yeah, I know. But it's an iconic figure and a lovely character. I had to. (I think Phone's choices are great, too. A MODOK minifig ? Too good to be true).

I think 2014 was a wonderful year to get into Lego again, and next year will most certainly be awesome, too !

So I've been out of lego for most of the year due to financial reasons. In the last month however I've been selling things on eBay and that combined with the advance on a book I'm working on has allowed me to get back into the Lego groove. I'm making up for lost time with this thread as well, or rather the last one, I'm reading through OT3 and I currently up to March 2014. Good times!
Loving the top 5 lists and would love to add my own but have only just bought most of them never mind built anything yet!

Anyway thanks to all the regular participators in this thread for making it such an entertaining and informative read and I hope to be around for OT4 and beyond. Some pics of my gains over the last several weeks incoming soon!

Edit: Ok - heres a picture - the biggies in here are the sea cow, the Parisian restaurant, Palace cinema, ISD and AT-AT, Simpsons house, Opera house, Spaceship x3 and more! Very excited but dont know where to start. Also very exciting seeing 3 of my most anticipated sets being in peoples top 3's..

So magnificient! Congrats on the book to fuel your LEGO fun.

Rocket and Brown Ninja polybags now available online at TRU U.S. LIMIT 4 per customer.
Free shipping on LEGO too.

LEGO Ninjago Battle Pack (5002144)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45754616

LEGO Avengers Guardians of The Galaxy Accessory Pack - Rocket Raccoon (5002145)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=45754596

Just checked and it looks like Rocket is all gone now. Dareth, the Brown Ninja, still seems to be available. That is a great deal for $4.99 to get two minifigs. If Dareth doesn't show up in any future Ninjago sets as Brown Ninja, I think it will be very pricey in the aftermarket. Better jump on it now if you or your kid(s) are a Ninjago fan. I think free shipping still applies on LEGO for a short time.

As said before, start big. Do one of the massive sets first, then step back some to smaller sets to cool off. Then do another big set. Of the big sets, I suggest doing Opera House and Simpsons House somewhere in the middle, as they are not the best ones to start or finish marathon builds with.

Ok, here's my top 5 for 2014.
Mind you, it's my first year out of the dark age so I may have a slightly different point of view on things.
I didn't have the time to build everything I got in 2014. I went from 0 to 245 sets and 963 minifigs in just this one year, and I had to build some pre-2014 stuff too.
I don't think I have enough experience with Lego to tell what sets are absolutely "the best". But I can list what I enjoyed the most. Here goes :

Number 1 : Ecto-1

Now this, this is simply my favorite thing this year. There may have been bigger and more complex stuff, but the mere fact this exists is unbelievable, and the final product didn't disappoint one bit (although I wish there was a slimer with it !). It looks as good as I hoped. And the build is nice. Buy it !

Number 2 : AT-AT

Now this is where my opinion may widely differ from the ones of Lego fans here and there. Some say previous models of the AT-AT where bigger, and that the proportions of this one are off, and that the build itself a bit tedious and other various complaints...
But I never had any other model, and the AT-AT is not only one of my favorite Star Wars vehicles, but also one of my favorite things ever. I love walkers, and this one is huge and beautiful. I think the proportions are just right and the poseability is great. And I enjoyed the build, it was the first time I had to deal with so many Technic pieces and I loved it.
It looks awesome on my shelf and it will never get off of it, except to be replaced by an hypothetical UCS AT-AT.

Number 3 : Parisian Restaurant

Everything has already been said about this one, it looks great both inside and outside. It's absolutely charming visually. After building a few others, I can say it's my favorite modular among the ones I own.

Number 4 : Sea-Cow

Simply impressive display piece and I love the "steampunk" look of it. Even if there was a lot of good/very good stuff in The Lego Movie Theme, this is the real pinnacle of it IMO.

Number 5 : Milano

Because the build is excellent, and the final result very true to its movie counterpart. Movie which I absolutely loved, so there's that, too.

Very honorable mentions
Benny's Spaceship (could have been at number 5, that was a tough call)
Police Dropship (loved this one as much as Benny's, so tough call too)
Simpson's house (first 2014 set I got to build with my GF, lots of fun to play with and nice colors, but the minifigs where a let down)

Favorite minifig

Benny. Yeah, I know. But it's an iconic figure and a lovely character. I had to. (I think Phone's choices are great, too. A MODOK minifig ? Too good to be true).

I think 2014 was a wonderful year to get into Lego again, and next year will most certainly be awesome, too !

Very nice list. I was waiting for an AT-AT or ISD to show up on a list somewhere. There is, not surprisingly, a lot of overlap with the lists so far. SPACESHIP! is just too strong.

Man I would do a top 5 but I've only gotten 5 lego sets this year (Creator's Thunder Wings, Benny's Space Ship, Metalbeard's Duel, and the Exo Suit) if you don't count the mixels. Legos are so damn expeeensive :X
EDIT: Holy crap some of you guys must be spending enough on Lego this year alone to buy a small car lol

Man I would do a top 5 but I've only gotten 5 lego sets this year (Creator's Thunder Wings, Benny's Space Ship, Metalbeard's Duel, and the Exo Suit) if you don't count the mixels. Legos are so damn expeeensive :X

How would you rank the bottom four of that list? We all know what #1 would be. :)

And which Mixels did you get? A top Mixels list would be really hard to do.

Just built the Hulk Lab Smash and MAN is that a great set! Kind of wish I built it earlier but this is rally great.

Dem mini figs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom