• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orthanc is starting to skyrocket in height. I am up above 6 feet now when all the different levels I have built are incorporated and I feel I still have at least 2 more floors plus the 4 pinnacles to build. I think I have the build process I want to go with for the rest of the tower, mirroring more how I started the tower, using curved bricks on their side. They give the best image of a gradually tapering tower. Over the last few weeks I have had a huge influx of new 1 by ? black bricks of varying sizes and may be set for the rest of the build. It may just be modified bricks from now on that I may have to pick up.

Here's some random parts with the number used in my Orthanc tower as of now (numbers are actually pretty accurate since I keep good track on rebrickable of what is going into the tower and all my bricklink orders):

SO MUCH BLACK!

and obviously lots more like slopes and more modified bricks and plates and tiles etc. Just giving you guys an idea.

Mother of god. That is insane. I still hold to the notion that you will hit the ceiling. Care to post some more WIP pictures though?

Orthanc is starting to skyrocket in height. I am up above 6 feet now when all the different levels I have built are incorporated and I feel I still have at least 2 more floors plus the 4 pinnacles to build. I think I have the build process I want to go with for the rest of the tower, mirroring more how I started the tower, using curved bricks on their side. They give the best image of a gradually tapering tower. Over the last few weeks I have had a huge influx of new 1 by ? black bricks of varying sizes and may be set for the rest of the build. It may just be modified bricks from now on that I may have to pick up.

Can't wait to see it. We need WIP pics!

Edit. Yeah, what Phon said.

Ryuuroden

Can't wait to see it. We need WIP pics!

Edit. Yeah, what Phon said.

Yeah some WIP's will be coming in this weekend I think, Waiting for my latest bricklink orders. I am up to 73 bricklink orders now for this project. Thankfully half of it has been funded by selling old duplicate sets for profit. Right now I have it in like 4 different build segments that can't all be stacked yet cause I am waiting for parts that go in between. For instance I already started work on the top of the tower even though my actual tower hasn't gotten to that part yet. I needed to start it so I knew where I wanted to taper the tower to in narrowing.

Ravek

Banned
Yeah some WIP's will be coming in this weekend I think, Waiting for my latest bricklink orders. I am up to 73 bricklink orders now for this project. Thankfully half of it has been funded by selling old duplicate sets for profit. Right now I have it in like 4 different build segments that can't all be stacked yet cause I am waiting for parts that go in between. For instance I already started work on the top of the tower even though my actual tower hasn't gotten to that part yet. I needed to start it so I knew where I wanted to taper the tower to in narrowing.

So...does LEGO buy their black bricks from you?

Ponn

Banned
I need a Captain Boomerang mini fig, like right now. Crap I just need the whole Flash Rogues Gallery, Captain Cold is just going to make the wait harder.

I need a Captain Boomerang mini fig, like right now. Crap I just need the whole Flash Rogues Gallery, Captain Cold is just going to make the wait harder.
I take it you just watched Arrow as well, and we're blinded by that Boomerang swag. Just give me a Rogues and Suicide Squad set.

Experien

This past weekend, has bad tracking numbers with LEGO shop orders been the case for others? Made purchase Monday morning (12:30am) and it says order is complete but tracking numbers has nothing listed.

I take it you just watched Arrow as well, and we're blinded by that Boomerang swag. Just give me a Rogues and Suicide Squad set.

That's a nice start. My wish list is at least 1/2 of what is listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:DC_Comics_supervillains

I would totally lose it if somehow Legion of Super-Heroes and their villains ever got made.

ghostmind

New Chima set (TRU exclusive?):

Yxr23sW.jpg

ghostmind

10937 Arkham Asylum is now listed as "Sold Out" on S@H

70708 Hive Crawler looks like it will be the last set to go OOP from Galaxy Squad.

75020 Jabba's Sail Barge is now Sold Out.

Ryuuroden

Well thats f'n lovely. I thought i had till after the holidays. Now i really regret getting Sea Cow. Excuse me while i do Clark Griswald from Christmas Vacation and cry myself to sleep.

I am going to the Lego Store tomorrow, if for some reason it is there (arkham), do you want me to buy it for you? I am assuming you have the money and were just waiting? if your in NA I can ship it to you. I'm sure shipping would cost a bitch but figured I would offer just in case.

To be honest I really didn't get to build as many LEGO as I would like because of both space and working so much overtime this year so I ended up building a lot of small set or polybag while on my lunch break at work. I still haven't pick up Milano and I just recently pick up bigger Star Wars set during Toys R Us Brickstober which then went directly to join the backlog.

1. Spaceship! (x3) - probably fuel mostly by nostalgia but it's nice to see good old Space theme.

ermbIuWl.jpg

2. Ghostbusters - great set with both nostalgic factor and cool factor that a guy on GAF help made this happen and the fact that LEGO sanction this type of projects.

ajtmlPEl.jpg

3. Tumbler - I build a lot of polybag this year and this is one of my favorite despite the fact that I really don't like the Tumbler. The UCS Tumbler would be here too if I could get one.

B1BBWrLl.jpg

4. Holiday theme creatures - again me building a lot of small set, these are perfect for putting out during the holidays and my wife love them.

gCtpqOLl.jpg

5. Not a set but probably the best surprise of the year - The LEGO Movie.
I went in with really low expectation and was pleasantly surprise.

ny8k9Kal.jpg

Biggest disappointment (sorry the one guy that love this set) - Mos Eisley's Cantina. I have the original and with very fond memory of building the set with my son. I was looking forward to this set but the small size and the lack of Wuher the bartender really turn me off.

jRQeccwl.jpg

Favorite freebie. LEGO should just bring back space exploration theme.

DAocWGtl.jpg

Favorite mini-figure. This is a tough one as they are all superb this year but I have to go with these Clones from the lovely print to the helmet details, these figures are just plain awesome.

pLsSAQil.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I am going to the Lego Store tomorrow, if for some reason it is there (arkham), do you want me to buy it for you? I am assuming you have the money and were just waiting? if your in NA I can ship it to you. I'm sure shipping would cost a bitch but figured I would offer just in case.

Thanks for the offer. Im going to roll the dice and watch Amazon like a hawk for restock and just pounce on it when I see it.

ny8k9Kal.jpg

Nice. I went into the film with very low expectations. I expected a shameless cash grab and glamorized commercial. Little did I know it would be a wonderful and hilarious film with a ton of heart.

Ryuuroden

Nice. I went into the film with very low expectations. I expected a shameless cash grab and glamorized commercial. Little did I know it would be a wonderful and hilarious film with a ton of heart.

Yeah, I remember when conservative media was attacking it because it wasn't a blatant cash grab and apparently (according to some Fox broadcasters) was a secret Hollywood agenda to turn all our kids into business hating Commies. :D lol

BAD NEWS: Blue baseplates are now OOP from S@H.

GOOD NEWS: 2015 sees the return of the tan baseplate.

fDgh4xb.jpg

Good to know. I need to pick one or two blue ones up then before they become hard to find. I have a bunch of the green ones and a couple blue ones that I use to store my minifigs. I felt special because I have one of those tan baseplates from from a LEGO game. Now it is soon to be just a common base plate.

Not impressed until the crater baseplates return!

You mean when they have the Neo-Classic Space theme in a year or two?

ghostmind

Working on my "Best of 2014" and I just need one more LEGO designer credit... frustrating!!!

I've asked Mark Stafford, so hopefully he'll point me in the right direction.

Rootbeer

Banned
I snagged arkham a few months ago on ebay, used. Got a nice deal on it. Glad I got to it when I did :(

Also it's going to be weird not having those blue baseplates as impulse buys. Rotating the colors is good though, since LEGO seems unable or unwilling to keep multiple colors available at once.

Zerojul

To be honest I really didn't get to build as many LEGO as I would like because of both space and working so much overtime this year so I ended up building a lot of small set or polybag while on my lunch break at work. I still haven't pick up Milano and I just recently pick up bigger Star Wars set during Toys R Us Brickstober which then went directly to join the backlog.

1. Spaceship! (x3) - probably fuel mostly by nostalgia but it's nice to see good old Space theme.

2. Ghostbusters - great set with both nostalgic factor and cool factor that a guy on GAF help made this happen and the fact that LEGO sanction this type of projects.

3. Tumbler - I build a lot of polybag this year and this is one of my favorite despite the fact that I really don't like the Tumbler. The UCS Tumbler would be here too if I could get one.

4. Holiday theme creatures - again me building a lot of small set, these are perfect for putting out during the holidays and my wife love them.

Biggest disappointment (sorry the one guy that love this set) - Mos Eisley's Cantina. I have the original and with very fond memory of building the set with my son. I was looking forward to this set but the small size and the lack of Wuher the bartender really turn me off.

Favorite freebie. LEGO should just bring back space exploration theme.

Favorite mini-figure. This is a tough one as they are all superb this year but I have to go with these Clones from the lovely print to the helmet details, these figures are just plain awesome.

Nice list, although I kinda liked the cantina too myself. I just regret having to get two of them to build something of a decent size :)
Good choice for the movie, I could have listed it as well. Best surprise of the year indeed.
And you're right about those troopers, amazing detail on them.

Well thats f'n lovely. I thought i had till after the holidays. Now i really regret getting Sea Cow. Excuse me while i do Clark Griswald from Christmas Vacation and cry myself to sleep.

But but ... Sea Cow is awesome !!!

You mean when they have the Neo-Classic Space theme in a year or two?

We need this like now. Bring it !!!

Ravek

Banned
Brick Show has a review of the Slave 1 UCS...

Edit: just watched it all. Looks amazing as ever, aside from the stickers. BOBA FETT is a GOD TIER minifig.

Cool, although I like this one better ;-)
I like the X-Wing one better because I had to look twice to notice the SW influence - I thought it was just the regular Space theme logo at first.

But they're both very cool :)

EDIT: Finally received my main Bricklink order today, which means I've got all the parts I need to rebuild my awesome Sonar Transmitting Cruiser with working lights and sound from 1986, and my Model Team Truck, Trailer, and Helicopter from 1990. I'll hopefully get to them over the weekend, so expect some old school photos next week LegoGAF!

Link for the lazy:

Brick show reviews 2015 Slave I

Can't wait to F5 shop.lego.com the night this becomes available

What a way to kick off the 2015 Star Wars sets, a year that is sure to be one of the biggest in SW history. One hell of a bang

Maybe I have been spoiled by Jang, but I don't particularly enjoy BrickShow reviews that much.

The review did show just how many stickers there are in the set, which is a disappointment, but we expected it. And they are on curved pieces, which is even harder. At least it won't be anything like the Red Five X-Wing sticker, thank god.

Rootbeer

Banned
well, yeah the 3ds games are in 3d but they are not the exact same content as on the console and pc versions. i haven't played all of them, but the ones that feature open world stuff on console do not include that on the 3ds versions. there may be other stuff different too.

but for $10 you'd get your money's worth for sure

10937 Arkham Asylum is now listed as "Sold Out" on S@H

70708 Hive Crawler looks like it will be the last set to go OOP from Galaxy Squad.

75020 Jabba's Sail Barge is now Sold Out.
I am surprised that Sail Barge is out but with avalanche of Star Wars set we can expect next year I am sure more set are already on the way out.

I am surprised that Sail Barge is out but with avalanche of Star Wars set we can expect next year I am sure more set are already on the way out.

I'm not too surprised. Sail Barge doesn't scream "buy me" to kids IMO and it's a hard sell to parents for kids at the highest end of retail pricing. I only bought it as a completionist for iconic OT stuff. I have Jabba from the palace set. It would have been cheaper for me to just Bricklink Max Rebo and Slave Girl Leia.

I'm sure we'll see trickles of the Sail Barge in retail stores for awhile much like Millenium Falcon from leftover inventories in the corner of some warehouses.

well, yeah the 3ds games are in 3d but they are not the exact same content as on the console and pc versions. i haven't played all of them, but the ones that feature open world stuff on console do not include that on the 3ds versions. there may be other stuff different too.

but for $10 you'd get your money's worth for sure

the 3DS Lego City is open world and looks just like all the regular home console/PC releases.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMpE6-e1cbE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom