• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experien

Random gaming info, but the Lego City 3DS game is currently $10 at K-Mart for those who care...

http://www.kmart.com/nintendo-lego-...W006094840001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

I didnt realize it's a true 3D Lego game, unlike all the other handheld isometric Lego ports to handhelds.

LEGO City 3DS is the prequel to LEGO City Undercover (Wii U). I heard it is really inferior to the Wii U in terms of content/loading/gameplay/fun. I will say there are a time or two I feel like Wii U was referencing something that happened in 3DS version.

I just got around to watching LEGO Ideas news and I didn't realize they approved two sets this time around and with potential of 3rd & 4th set (he hinted at both Dr. Who set being under consideration or did I heard it wrong).

On another note, I did not realize that Hayabusa was not the first Cuusoo (Ideas) project, there was 001 Shinkai. I can't imagine the price considering the Mars Rover is over $100 now.

Zerojul

I just got around to watching LEGO Idea news and I didn't realize they approved two sets this time around and with potential of 3rd & 4th set (he hinted at both Dr. Who set being under consideration or did I heard it wrong).
I think they'll pick one and only one, if any... Maybe I misunderstood.

I found Classic Space red and blue flashlight figures. Kind of wanted to buy them, but the weird scale makes them not really fit in. Maybe I should get one and build an enlargement ray cannon...

Ryuuroden

Ok, took a break last night and this morning from Orthanc (I have a whole week off work so lots of building time) and built the Santa's Workshop set. It is the first of 3 winter sets I haven't built yet. I still have Winter Cottage and the Winter Village set to go both of which I got the years they came out just did not have the space to build them before.

Ok, back to Santa's Workshop. I honestly have to say I really like this set. It is a very cute set with lots of little bits of details in it. It has some great printed pieces as well as some stuff that is stickers. My favorite components are the conveyor belt, Santa's sleigh, and Santa's chair. This set has a really nice use of colors in it. I cannot rate it against the other sets yet because I still need to build 2 of them (I have all the ones pre-winter cottage built). The downside to this set is it is definitely more of a stand alone winter village set but in some ways that is a good thing as you can display it away from the rest or if you don't own any of the others this makes an excellent on-shot Christmas display set. Anyways, right as I finished, two of my bricklink orders came in so time to see which ones they are and get back to Orthanc. Nice surprise too as the mail came in 3 hours earlier than usual.

LEGO City 3DS is the prequel to LEGO City Undercover (Wii U). I heard it is really inferior to the Wii U in terms of content/loading/gameplay/fun. I will say there are a time or two I feel like Wii U was referencing something that happened in 3DS version.

I think it's actually a pretty bad game. It's "open world" but a very poor one at that. Super empty.

Hey guys any ideas where would be the best place online to find 9516 Jabba's Palace at decent price? Never got around to buy it when it was in print but I got the Rancor Pit and now it's driving me crazy that I missed the Palace to go with it :)

Ryuuroden

.......soooo, um, you know how some people in here have been saying my Orthanc will touch my ceiling (mainly 1 person).......wellllllll, it's starting to look like that may be a possibility.....Currently, of what I have built, the Main tower stands at 4 1/2 feet, the Obervation tower part is another 3/4 foot The tower Pinnacle is another 3/4 foot. So currently I stand a little under 6 feet when all can be combined. I have basically worked out that I need to build 2 more floors which will add a little more than a foot and a half to it before I can put on that Observation floor and the Pinnacle. That will bring it to just over 7 1/2 feet tall with everything but the 4 large horns that are on the 4 sides of the Pinnacle. I can see those reaching above the Pinnacle at least another half foot maybe more which leaves me at 8 feet...... My ceiling is 8 feet 4 inches soooo whoever made that call months ago in here wins the prize that I was even doubtful about. Still needs to happen but it is looking pretty damn likely. I would honestly like to get those 2 floors as well as finish the floor that is currently the top floor on the tower finished this weekend but that all depends on when all my bricklink orders arrive (over 5,000 bricks of various types). Two of them came today but I really need the 700 1x1 black technic bricks I ordered to arrive before I can do much more. I use them with the non-hole sides facing outward and inward whenever I can instead of regular 1x1 black bricks because I can get them for 3 cents each instead of 12 cents each and in much larger quantities from single sellers. I have to go back to the first 3 floors where I can and pull out any 1x1 regular bricks where it's easy to get to and replace them with the technic bricks. I started using technic bricks in large numbers starting on the 4th floor when I realized how much it would save me. Just like how the entire dungeon walls have dozens of black 1x6x5 panels in them with the hollow side facing outward because they are covered by my side mounted exterior walls. Saved myself a lot of bricks that way.

EDIT:

I would also like to post pictures but I want to wait till I actually get the top linked up with bottom. I am also getting close to the point where there will be no more pictures till it is done or maybe just teasers somehow, because I want to make the big reveal huge.

.......soooo, um, you know how some people in here have been saying my Orthanc will touch my ceiling (mainly 1 person).......wellllllll, it's starting to look like that may be a possibility.....Currently, of what I have built, the Main tower stands at 4 1/2 feet, the Obervation tower part is another 3/4 foot The tower Pinnacle is another 3/4 foot. So currently I stand a little under 6 feet when all can be combined. I have basically worked out that I need to build 2 more floors which will add a little more than a foot and a half to it before I can put on that Observation floor and the Pinnacle. That will bring it to just over 7 1/2 feet tall with everything but the 4 large horns that are on the 4 sides of the Pinnacle. I can see those reaching above the Pinnacle at least another half foot maybe more which leaves me at 8 feet...... My ceiling is 8 feet 4 inches soooo whoever made that call months ago in here wins the prize that I was even doubtful about. Still needs to happen but it is looking pretty damn likely. I would honestly like to get those 2 floors as well as finish the floor that is currently the top floor on the tower finished this weekend but that all depends on when all my bricklink orders arrive (over 5,000 bricks of various types). Two of them came today but I really need the 700 1x1 black technic bricks I ordered to arrive before I can do much more. I use them with the non-hole sides facing outward and inward whenever I can instead of regular 1x1 black bricks because I can get them for 3 cents each instead of 12 cents each and in much larger quantities from single sellers. I have to go back to the first 3 floors where I can and pull out any 1x1 regular bricks where it's easy to get to and replace them with the technic bricks. I started using technic bricks in large numbers starting on the 4th floor when I realized how much it would save me. Just like how the entire dungeon walls have dozens of black 1x6x5 panels in them with the hollow side facing outward because they are covered by my side mounted exterior walls. Saved myself a lot of bricks that way.

EDIT:

I would also like to post pictures but I want to wait till I actually get the top linked up with bottom. I am also getting close to the point where there will be no more pictures till it is done or maybe just teasers somehow, because I want to make the big reveal huge.
I knew it! Ha! :)

melike75

Neo Member
Random gaming info, but the Lego City 3DS game is currently $10 at K-Mart for those who care...

http://www.kmart.com/nintendo-lego-...W006094840001P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

I didnt realize it's a true 3D Lego game, unlike all the other handheld isometric Lego ports to handhelds.

If anyone has a Wii U and hasnt played Undercover go get it now. Its one of my favourite games and the BEST lego game. Filled with so many great Lego easter eggs!

And Ryu... sounds insane - cant wait to see it! My wifes getting the original Orthanc for present so I better not show her this or she'll throw hers away..

Hey guys any ideas where would be the best place online to find 9516 Jabba's Palace at decent price? Never got around to buy it when it was in print but I got the Rancor Pit and now it's driving me crazy that I missed the Palace to go with it :)

I was in the same boat a few months back. Check eBay as you can luck out. I got one for $115 brand new with no box.

Good luck!

ghostmind

S@H North America OOP Update 12-04-14

4201 Loader and Tipper
31011 Aviation Adventures
70400 Forest Ambush
70402 The Gatehouse Raid
75001 Republic Trooper vs. Sith Troopers
75017 Duel on Geonosis
75041 Vulture Droid
79008 Pirate Ship Ambush
79100 Kraang Lab Escape

ghostmind

Ninjago characters for 2015:

TYsxdnk.png

4oSCxwq.png

pGgFAzT.png

nbOSfZ3.png

TuTEfq0.png

anyone here do the new Star Wars Advent calendar?

WTF was up with that day 2 fig? Is that even Lego? I felt like i was holding a Kinder Surprise egg toy in my hand or something, anyone know what line those parts are from?

ghostmind

anyone here do the new Star Wars Advent calendar?

WTF was up with that day 2 fig? Is that even Lego? I felt like i was holding a Kinder Surprise egg toy in my hand or something, anyone know what line those parts are from?

Ah yes, the
Super Battle Droid.

It is from
Episodes 2 and 3
. According to Bricklink, I have more than a dozen of them. Yay me.

Ninjago characters for 2015:

TYsxdnk.png

4oSCxwq.png

pGgFAzT.png

nbOSfZ3.png

TuTEfq0.png

Orange Ninja outfit looks decent, but I think the rest of the new Ninja outfits are the ugliest ones so far. They are too busy or something, especially with the weapons printed on them.
New snake head looks great.

I'm curious what element orange ninja represents. Can't help but notice Sensei Wu is missing. I've liked his minifig variations.

It's pretty lame to include such figure in the set especially without at least give it a festive look.
Yeah, it's definitely pushing the boundaries of "minifig". However, my 5-year-old son is having a blast making little battle scenes with all the SW advent calendar goodies he's opened so far, so no complaints from me. :)

On the other hand, these two Rebels sets have me hyped!

ZhfpA5p.png
I"m trying to resist getting into the SW theme, as I can't afford to get everything I want in it so I don't want to start (does that make sense?), but that will make it very easy to give in to the dark side.

You know what Ninjago needs? A giant epic pagoda building.

Given the need to keep set prices down, it would probably end up being a gazebo with a pagoda style roof.

Yeah, it's definitely pushing the boundaries of "minifig". However, my 5-year-old son is having a blast making little battle scenes with all the SW advent calendar goodies he's opened so far, so no complaints from me. :)

I"m trying to resist getting into the SW theme, as I can't afford to get everything I want in it so I don't want to start (does that make sense?), but that will make it very easy to give in to the dark side.

I'm focused mainly on OT stuff, but I'm warming up to all those REBELS minifigs (especially since they don't have the ugly Clone Wars cartoon eyes). REBELS is closer to OT than they are to prequels right? So it's OK if I start getting those, right?

EDIT: What is that piece on top of the Tie Advanced Prototype? Is that a new piece? Oh, it's also the same piece used as the "windshield" in different colors. I've never seen that piece.

Given the need to keep set prices down, it would probably end up being a gazebo with a pagoda style roof.

I'm focused mainly on OT stuff, but I'm warming up to all those REBELS minifigs (especially since they don't have the ugly Clone Wars cartoon eyes). REBELS is closer to OT than they are to prequels right? So it's OK if I start getting those, right?

EDIT: What is that piece on top of the Tie Advanced Prototype? Is that a new piece? Oh, it's also the same piece used as the "windshield" in different colors. I've never seen that piece.

Very true. I like seeing them go big but it isn't very cost effective. I am sad the Ninja line gave us an epic pagoda building.

Yeah, Wikipedia reckons it's much closer to OT than the prequels:
Set fourteen years after Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and five years before Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
...which is great, because we get all these awesome OT-style sets. I mean you've got minifigs for TIE Pilots, Imperial officers, and Stormtroopers, along with a goddamn TIE Fighter set. So good. I'm hyping myself up now, but all I can afford is disappointment haha!

Tx for clearing that up guys but... i actually meant it doesn't FEEL like Lego? The pieces themselves look all weird and strange, are these custom pieces JUST for this figure or where do they come from?

ruxtpin

Banned
Aye Ryu, what are your plans with all these black bricks once the build is finished and been displayed for a period? Going to keep or try to sell them off?

Aye Ryu, what are your plans with all these black bricks once the build is finished and been displayed for a period? Going to keep or try to sell them off?

Kragle.

And then he needs to become the world's sole owner of Uruk Hai figures so he can set up an army of tens of thousands in front of it. A new power is rising.

I hate the Rebel TV show but the series hopefully will give us many of Ralph McQuarrie's concept Star Wars design in Mini-figure format. (I love his stuffs and have all the prototype action-figures when Hasbro did them a few years back).

I am having a blast opening them well except for the Day 2 that was pretty "Scrooge" of LEGO to include that figure in the set. My daughter is not as interested in them this year. : ( Last year we practically fight about who get to open the next one.

Tx for clearing that up guys but... i actually meant it doesn't FEEL like Lego? The pieces themselves look all weird and strange, are these custom pieces JUST for this figure or where do they come from?

Yeah, the Super Battle Droid figures look more like something that escape from Mega Block.

Experien

Anyone having troubles logging in S@H? I am using a Chrome browser at work and never had problems before. But whenever I log in, it acts like I didn't log in. My home laptop works just fine in Chrome.

I found a bunch of mixed Lego in a shop for used items. It was divided into small bags for $10 each and for some reason it was cash only, and I only had about $10 on me. Also, most of it was mixed up with marbles or other random brands. I did pick up a bag of vintage stuff just because of one piece. Bricklink doesn't even know what set this is from: crssprt01pb58

I just thought it might be useful one day.

Edit: some Bricklink-fu later, it's revealed as a part from a localized Swedish edition of VW Auto Showroom from 1958. That's pretty damn vintage!

Ryuuroden

Welll, its probably going to stay together for a good long while and if I ever take it apart it will go into the collection. Most likely though this will be one of my builds that never gets taken apart. A centerpiece build so to speak. I honestly did it not only because I love Orthanc but because I do not use black in anything else I build so its the perfect MOC to build. :D Just like how I used a bunch of grey for my Helms Deep. My usual MOC's are city modulars so this is a huge departure from what I usually do.

The whole thing kinda started cause I felt that the official set was kind of dinky and it kinda blew up from there. If you knew me personally you would of seen this coming because my art background I did the same shit in college. My sculptures were always on a massive scale. One of my sculptures weighed about 1500 pounds and was 10 feet long.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The toy and grocery set looks like I'd have had a blast with it as a kid, so many places to play with and little things everywhere. It's like one of the better castle sets, only in a city setting.

Wouldn't buy it now, but from a kid's perspective, I like it a ton. And people tend to forget Lego is for kids, too :p

What's the yellow transparent round 1x1 piece with the silver "cap" supposed to be?

Welll, its probably going to stay together for a good long while and if I ever take it apart it will go into the collection. Most likely though this will be one of my builds that never gets taken apart. A centerpiece build so to speak. I honestly did it not only because I love Orthanc but because I do not use black in anything else I build so its the perfect MOC to build. :D Just like how I used a bunch of grey for my Helms Deep. My usual MOC's are city modulars so this is a huge departure from what I usually do.

The whole thing kinda started cause I felt that the official set was kind of dinky and it kinda blew up from there. If you knew me personally you would of seen this coming because my art background I did the same shit in college. My sculptures were always on a massive scale. One of my sculptures weighed about 1500 pounds and was 10 feet long.

If you ever take it down, take photos of the disassembly step by step. Then you have "instructions" to rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom