• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

melike75

Neo Member
You took it apart?!!? Unless I am moving, that thing is staying put as permanent fixture in my man cave.

Sigh. I need a man-cave.
Yeah, most of our Lego has been taken it down and my wife and I are busy rebuilding everything - just got the Imperial shuttle, imperial flagship, Tower bridge and death star ahead of us. Eep.

So, my son wrote letter to Santa asking for LEGO Death Star as a present... Since it's too much of a present at the moment what would be next best set with Darth Vader (no more than $/EUR 50)? Might be OOP, I'll order it from Bricklink.

Cheapest full set with Vader is the new Imperial Star Destroyer, it's out of your price range though.

Aside from BrickLink, if you buy the Darth Vader Lego watch ($24.99 US) it comes with a Vader minifig.

Fxp

Well, you have to figure out a way to separate him from the base. I have some of those from the Egyptian adventure theme a while back and they are on there pretty dang good as far as I can tell, but there's probably a YouTube video detailing how to get them off.

Would buying that magnet set be cheaper than just buying the Vader minifig alone?

Probably not cheaper but we could have 3 nice LEGO magnets on the fridge :)

Thrak360

Neo Member
So, my son wrote letter to Santa asking for LEGO Death Star as a present... Since it's too much of a present at the moment what would be next best set with Darth Vader (no more than $/EUR 50)? Might be OOP, I'll order it from Bricklink.

This is where I got a Darth Vader for my son, since the sets he was in were so expensive. No light saber included with the movie bundle, but we had the parts to fashion one. I don't know if this is harder to find now, but when I got it, pretty common on store shelves for $10 or so.
http://amzn.com/B00C1LG1CC

ghostmind

Brickset has a picture of 30202 Smoothie Cart polybag:

GJQdPPA.jpg

However the set is not "hitherto unknown" because LEGOGAF knew about it already.

Available at Target.

ghostmind

From TLG:

Exclusive Offer--One Day Only

Shop at the LEGO Store or shop.LEGO.com on Sunday, December 14 and you'll earn DOUBLE the VIP points on all purchases!

Earn a $5 reward for every $50 you spend!

Offer only valid December 14, 2014 at the LEGO Store and shop.LEGO.com.

melike75

Neo Member
Thats awesome! Are polybags just exclusive to the US? Wondering if other countries miss out like Australia does. Would love to know the reason for that - I'd snap up most of these if I could - I love the smaller stuff.

BUt anyway - it looks great - my son will (would) eat it up.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So, all my bricks are officially washed and half-dried. Tomorrow the sorting begins.

Got a potato-quality picture for you guys.
Bike and messy room for scale:

I'll take a better picture when everything's all nice and organized. So expect that sometime in 2016 probably.

ghostmind

DC Super Heroes 2015 1H set prices:

76025 Green Lantern vs. Sinestro ($19.99)
76026 Gorilla Grodd Goes Bananas ($49.99)
76027 Black Manta Deep Sea Strike ($39.99)
76028 Darkseid Invasion ($69.99)
76040 Braniac Attack ($24.99)

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

Oof. I want that Darkseid set, but $70 is more than I was hoping it would be...

Ravek

Banned

Those prices seems a bit ridiculous compared to the sets I remember...
will still buy...

Ponn

Banned

About what I expected, big fig tax on the Darkseid invasion set. I'm not wild about the Javelin yet but will hold full judgment till some reviews. Black Manta will wait for sale because none of the builds are interesting and only want Black Manta.

The rest are all insta-buys.

Ryuuroden

Yay, I'm home and I came home to 5+ pounds of black bricks of various sorts (from bricklink) to work with for my Orthanc :) Work week was shorter than expected.

melike75

Neo Member
I would buy a ton of poly bags in general seeing as Lego is like super expensive here, those are probably affordable.

What do they go for?

Sadly we don't get poly bags here.

You're in New Zealand right? I'm Australian. Why don't we get these I would like to know? Do you Europeans get it? Other countries? Is it US only?

You're in New Zealand right? I'm Australian. Why don't we get these I would like to know? Do you Europeans get it? Other countries? Is it US only?

We get SOME polybags here in Europe, some in Lego Stores as a monthly promo and then some in stores available to buy like that but those Toys R Us bags the US seems to get seemingly all the time will forever elude me it looks like :(

neonglow

My local LEGO Store had some of the new City, Creator and Technic sets so I picked up the snowplow. I'll get the others during next month's promotions.
Checking out the other City sets, it seems the builds are simpler than previous years.

XUYKiJll.jpg

We get SOME polybags here in Europe, some in Lego Stores as a monthly promo and then some in stores available to buy like that but those Toys R Us bags the US seems to get seemingly all the time will forever elude me it looks like :(

Occasional newspaper promotions is about the only way to get polybags in the UK. :(

My local LEGO Store had some of the new City, Creator and Technic sets so I picked up the snowplow. I'll get the others during next month's promotions.
Checking out the other City sets, it seems the builds are simpler than previous years.

XUYKiJll.jpg

As long as they don't go as simple as Town Junior builds, I'm happy.

I require Green Lantern and Black Manta. I'll probably end up buying them all, though.

Ryuuroden

My one bricklink from November 24th still hasn't been shipped, I sent another irritated email to the seller. It was still polite but this is getting annoying. Thankfully none of the parts are hard to plug into Orthanc at a later time unlike stuff in the orders that did arrive.

ghostmind

TRU is putting up listings for the January sets, and CMF13, but nothing is available yet.

Some sets are getting out there though, as just2good has video reviews up for the Angry Kitty/Batman set, and Gorilla Grodd goes Bananas.

ghostmind

So apparently, 71016 Simpsons Kwik-E-Mart is going to be available to VIPs on April 15th, and will have a general release on May 1st.

As always, take it with a grain of salt until proven.

If true, then May will be another expensive month, with this, the Simpsons CMF S2 and the UCS TIE.

Rootbeer

Banned
They were just putting out these at Target today. I was the first person on brickset to add it to my collection :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=950215

Guy needs help over in the OT. But dat budget man.
LEGO GAF, let's do this!

He lives in Florida based on the receipts he shows. The east coast probably gets shipments before the rest of the country.

He's just 2 good :p

Which is also why the Brick Show often gets sets early.
No wonder... I never thought about it that way. As someone who lives in Cali, I'm used to us getting certain things early too once in a while -- stuff shipped over from asia. But east coast getting LEGO early makes sense since they come from europe I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom